• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto
Okay chapter again , wonder how many more chapters this fight going to be now that everyone doing something .
Still it looks like the end for this part is upon us .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Nothing happened other than people stood around saying how Naruto is so inspirational.

I'm gonna laugh my balls of if this fight ends and then it just starts another arc :lol

Akito

Got damn the newest Jump cover

ibY1YQVnyrTrv.jpg

Naruto

Nothing happened other than people stood around saying how Naruto is so inspirational.

I'm gonna laugh my balls of if this fight ends and then it just starts another arc :lol

Fight ends then Naruto and Sasuke fight and then the manga ends is how i want it to go .

EDIT yep one of the better covers i have seen on JUMP .

Amikami

Banned
Alright. I was butthurt last week and said I would take a break from Naruto but whatever. Still not a whole lot happened. We're gunna get the predictable Sasuke/Naruto fusion thing going. Looks like Sasuke might have unlocked perfect Susanoo? It's something different anyway.

THE END

I can't wait for this battle to be over, although I'm kinda interested to see Naruto and Sasuke's teamwork in that form. Otherwise, somebody please shut Obito and Naruto up. They have the same conversation over and over. It needs to stop. Just fight!

Kusagari

Naruto

The time until Obito's dream world starts is the new 5 minutes until Namek explodes.

What the hell is Madara doing anyway?

dumbyugi

Jump TOC Issue #46 (12/10) :
One Piece (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Shokugeki no Soma (Color Page)
Nisekoi
Hachi
Gintama
Hq!!
Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai (Color Page, One Shot, 47 pg.)
Toriko
Koi no Cupid Yakeno Harajin
World Trigger
Soul Catcher(S)
Bleach
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Hime-dol!!
Kurokuroku
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#47:

Cover & Lead CP: Isobe Isobee Monogatari (New Series)
CP: Gintama, PSI Kusuo Saiki

Jump NEXT! Fall:

Cover: Hq!!
Lead CP: Pochikuro by Naoya Matsumoto (Author of Nekowappa!, 50 pg.)
CP: My Animal by Kenta Tsuchida (Author of Lock On!, 49 pg.)
Ending CP: Cross Manage (31 pg.)
Bangaihen: Kuroko no Basket, Hq!!, Shokugeki no Soma, World Trigger

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece spoilers
ok so Law ended the alliance.. no attacking kaidou together.

Wonder why Law hates Dofla so much. And Sanji not even being close to Dofla was exoected but still sad :(

Jump TOC Issue #46 (12/10) :
One Piece (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Shokugeki no Soma (Color Page)
Nisekoi
Hachi
Gintama
Hq!!
Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai (Color Page, One Shot, 47 pg.)
Toriko
Koi no Cupid Yakeno Harajin
World Trigger
Soul Catcher(S)
Bleach
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Hime-dol!!
Kurokuroku
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#47:

Cover & Lead CP: Isobe Isobee Monogatari (New Series)
CP: Gintama, PSI Kusuo Saiki

Jump NEXT! Fall:

Cover: Hq!!
Lead CP: Pochikuro by Naoya Matsumoto (Author of Nekowappa!, 50 pg.)
CP: My Animal by Kenta Tsuchida (Author of Lock On!, 49 pg.)
Ending CP: Cross Manage (31 pg.)
Bangaihen: Kuroko no Basket, Hq!!, Shokugeki no Soma, World Trigger

good shit gintama. climbing back up there!

One Piece spoilers
ok so Law ended the alliance.. no attacking kaidou together.

Wonder why Law hates Dofla so much. And Sanji not even being close to Dofla was exoected but still sad :(

I am a little disappointed in Law if he actually ended the alliance, but I don't think he really did. I think he is just trying to distract DF's attention. I mean Kidd Appoo and Hawkins still have their alliance, and considering DF's reaction to the possibility of Kaidou realizing his loss of SAD (he looked very shook), it would be a little disappointing if this is the extent of the alliance in the end. Law seems more intelligent than that to me, to realize at least that Luffy is a bigger deal than DF is in the scheme of things. Although, obviously Law has a personal vendetta, but I can't yet believe this was all orchestrated just to take down DF only...

Hope someone translates that Rohan Kishibe oneshot.

I dunno, I might have read a version with the page order messed up but it felt like there were some huge gaps between pages or panels. Not sure if I remember it right and I can't check because I'm in a lecture but Eren and Mikasa were on a horse for like on panel and next page they're off the horse again?

I might have to read it again.

One Piece spoilers

This is from the raw but
Sanji was at a huge disadvantage in that fight and don is such a beast .
It going to be inserting to see who fights him because right now he looks broken as fuck .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
naruto

Everyone who says after this it will end is clearly forgetting Madara is also still there

I'm sure Orochimaru is just going to turn into a good guy also. And Sasuke, really.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I AM A HERO

Goddamn there is NO manga, I repeat, NO manga that can illustrate the point "everybody can die" better than this.

Damn some of the deaths in the most recent chapter are very quick and brutal. Just woosh, blink, die, and press forward. Damnnn.

One Piece spoilers

This is from the raw but
Sanji was at a huge disadvantage in that fight and don is such a beast .
It going to be inserting to see who fights him because right now he looks broken as fuck .

Actually, Law's powers seem far more interesting and potentially capable than what DF has shown. I hope that Law takes him out to be honest. He has to be able to beat someone like this if he wants to go further in the NW. Luffy has already beat a lot of pretty big fish...Plus as a doctor Law should be able to manipulate threads...Heart pirates, heart surgery.

Naruto

It....is...exactly....the....same....over....and.....over....again...........

Akito

Ran and the Gray World
Well, there goes my hope for Outarou getting obliterated together with the insect so here have the obligatory "fuck Outarou" remark.

Bleach
Interesting chapter , the way they using bankai against the Quincies is rather nice .
The explanation was also rather good , i also hope Matsumoto not down for good.

Kurita

Hope someone translates that Rohan Kishibe oneshot.

I dunno, I might have read a version with the page order messed up but it felt like there were some huge gaps between pages or panels. Not sure if I remember it right and I can't check because I'm in a lecture but Eren and Mikasa were on a horse for like on panel and next page they're off the horse again?

I might have to read it again.
You read a wrong version

Oh, and we're already getting new series?

Angry Grimace

Bleach

"His Majesty decided that the person who stole the Bankai should kill the owner."

Apparently his Majesty is fucking terrible military commander whose more interested in proving an illogical, whimsical point that winning a fight. And seriously? A guy named "Bazz-B" is talking to a guy named "Cang Du?" Where the fuck does Kubo pull this shit? The random syllable generator?

And fuck, this is a review of the first page, because I haven't even read the chapter yet.

Full chapter review:

I don't have a problem with the explanation for why this solves their problem, but for the fact that Urahara suddenly appearing with the solution to all of their problems, including the ability to warp the ready-made solution to their locations, is what we call a Deus Ex Machina. I'm sure Beam will rush in to explain how there was a panel of Urahara furrowing his brow while looking at a hollow 50 chapters ago, but that doesn't really fix the problem.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
ONE PIECE

I think I've said this before but, often times it really feels like the power levels in One Piece is very much influenced by a lottery of which Devil Fruit you are getting yourself.

I am... not sure whether this is a good or bad thing yet.

I guess this what makes characters such as Sanji/Zoro to me as much more interesting than Luffy. Oh, and CP9 too--but then Oda just had to give them fruits =___=

Kusagari

Bleach

So Ayon isn't a hollow? Considering Kirge absorbed him back in Hueco Mondo you know... And he tried to absorb the female trio as well.

And how convenient Urahara can just hammer space magic beans to all the captains instantly.

ONE PIECE

I think I've said this before but, often times it really feels like the power levels in One Piece is very much influenced by a lottery of which Devil Fruit you are getting yourself.

I am... not sure whether this is a good or bad thing yet.

I guess this what makes characters such as Sanji/Zoro to me as much more interesting than Luffy. Oh, and CP9 too--but then Oda just had to give them fruits =___=

Really? I feel like at least with Luffy he always has a chance to do something, no matter the opponent. It often feels like if Sanji especially goes up against any of the important antagonists, he will just get taken out..I would have much prefered they just exchanged here and then got interrupted by Law. Doesn't feel he has made much progress at all, but then he did draw the short straw in terms of where he trained (Hawk Eyes and Silvers are much stronger than Ivankov)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Really? I feel like at least with Luffy he always has a chance to do something, no matter the opponent. It often feels like if Sanji especially goes up against any of the important antagonists, he will just get taken out..I would have much prefered they just exchanged here and then got interrupted by Law. Doesn't feel he has made much progress at all, but then he did draw the short straw in terms of where he trained (Hawk Eyes and Silvers are much stronger than Ivankov)

At least with Zoro/Sanji it is not myfruitagainstyourfruit, although I guess for all intents or purposes it actually bears no difference whether they have fruit or not, since both of them also gets powered-up in accordance to the situation.

One Piece
Don is such a beast , finally we get the name of his DF but most knew it after so many years .
Going to be rather interesting to see how things going to go from here .

I don't think it really matter in this fight , Don had such a huge advantage here plus he is crazy strong .
We are talking about someone who made jozu his bitch .
I really want to see how they going to fight him cause he is a bad match for all the SH truth be told .

Bleach

So Ayon isn't a hollow? Considering Kirge absorbed him back in Hueco Mondo you know... And he tried to absorb the female trio as well.

And how convenient Urahara can just hammer space magic beans to all the captains instantly.

Bleach

Interesting point you bring up there but at the same time there is a counter argument.

Quilge used his Vollstandig to gain total dominance over Ayon who is made entirely out of Reishi. He didn't ingest any of Ayon's power inside himself. Just wore him like an armor such as Ichigo's Bankai cloth.

This also explains why Masaki almost died due to the hollow being inside her and it required Isshin to suppress it by giving up his powers.

Anyways back to the chapter, Urahara always comes through. I dunno if Soifon can do anything though unless Omeada gets the pill to her.

Matsumoto better not be dead Kubo!

Also answers lots of things about Quincy hatred of hollows. No immunity makes things a lot more interesting when hollows fights quincy.

Anyways I doubt this will change the tide much if at all. No Ichigo makes victory very slim if not impossible.

Naruto

Umm ok

One Piece
Yeah Sanji go kick his ass! ........ (proceeds to get his own ass kicked)

Then Law appears and becomes such a badass. Also the Admiral was hilarious eating while throwing down meteors.

Would love to see Luffy vs Don after Law loses and Luffy is like, you can't stop the alliance till I say so. LOL

One Piece

Awesome chapter and extremely chaotic. Law is easily the best addition to the story since the NW began. Oda really should have DF settled in this encounter. Also, I don't fully beileve Laws words, I don't think the alliance is over, but he knows DF is extremely clever and manipulative, so he is doing everything to throw his attention in case he fails. It is obvious when he says don't underestimate the SHs that he does think Luffy really needs any help on Dressora...Even with Isshin going, Luffy faced more powerful opponents in the Marineford arc and at least came out alive, if not victorious. Also, nice to see Kaidou mentioned, DF seems to be pretty scared of him, which is good, very good.

On DON: hmmm, he didn't do much to Jozu at all except for stopped him. No damage, nothing. I don't think that encounter was conclusive at all. In fact, Jozu's actions were much more impressive in the MF arc. He stopped Hawkeyes attack and knocked Akoiji down. From what I have seen, I think Law's power is potentially much more threatening than DFs...He seems near invincible inside his room.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
ONE PIECE

One Piece is at its best when its powerful people vs. powerful people, not when powerful vs. scrubs.

This is getting exciting!

Kusagari

One Piece

I'm kind of disappointed that after all this time, Doflamingo's fruit really is what it was theorized to be from the beginning. I was hoping it would be something out of left field.

And I don't know what everyone expected Sanji to really do. Whitebeard's second strongest commander after Marco was treated like a joke by Doflamingo in the war. Luffy, Sanji and Zoro aren't reaching top tier yet.

Bleach

Miracle moment found. Guess Histugaya survives once more.

Naruto

I get a strange feeling this is gonna end up following Gurren Lagann's ending. I really do.

One Piece

Oda fails to let the hype levels down! Law was just plain boss this whole chapter! Guess next chapter, we'll be getting flashback for DF and TF's past connections. Gonna be interesting.

One Piece

Awesome chapter and extremely chaotic. Law is easily the best addition to the story since the NW began. Oda really should have DF settled in this encounter. Also, I don't fully beileve Laws words, I don't think the alliance is over, but he knows DF is extremely clever and manipulative, so he is doing everything to throw his attention in case he fails. It is obvious when he says don't underestimate the SHs that he does think Luffy really needs any help on Dressora...Even with Isshin going, Luffy faced more powerful opponents in the Marineford arc and at least came out alive, if not victorious. Also, nice to see Kaidou mentioned, DF seems to be pretty scared of him, which is good, very good.

I don't think Don is scared of Kaidou himself but it is what he represents .
The yonkou have crews that can wipe islands at ease no matter how strong Don is it's simple a numbers game .
Don DF is the most versatile DF we have seen and when you add Haki to mix it's crazy .

EDIT since you add to the post , the fact that he stop someone that was that strong with ease says a lot .
Then he also slice off oars leg with ease , Law DF is good but Don still have advantages over him .
Law took time to fight smoker and had to set up traps and stuff while Don 1 git KO him like a bitch .

I don't think Don is scared of Kaidou himself but it is what he represents .
The yonkou have crews that can wipe islands at ease no matter how strong Don is it's simple a numbers game .
Don DF is the most versatile DF we have seen and when you add Haki to mix it's crazy .

When has the crew really been the major issue in this? It has been explicitly mentioned that Kaidou is the most powerful 'beast' in the world...and Law has said a couple of times that Kaidou will wipe him out. He is a Yonkou, Don is obviously weaker than him...I don't think think Don's devil fruit is that incredible...I mean it isn't great compared to some of the stuff out there like Kizaru or even BB...Even Law's is much cooler I think. It should be fun to watch though.

When has the crew really been the major issue in this? It has been explicitly mentioned that Kaidou is the most powerful 'beast' in the world...and Law has said a couple of times that Kaidou will wipe him out. He is a Yonkou, Don is obviously weaker than him...I don't think think Don's devil fruit is that incredible...I mean it isn't great compared to some of the stuff out there like Kizaru or even BB...Even Law's is much cooler I think. It should be fun to watch though.

It's always a factor why to you think people fear them they are call Yonkou (Emperors ) for a reason .
It's just like Big Mom sending her crew to wipe out an island Don can't handle that much even worst if all the strong guys come also .
Law also said before you can even get to them you have to fight a whole bunch of enemies first .
It's simple a number games it's the reason why the rookies also teaming up not to say that i think Don stronger than Kaidou but i don't think he fears a 1 on 1 with him .
As for his DF it's crazy the amount of stuff he can do with it even if you think it's not cool like some others .

It's always a factor why to you think people fear them they are call Yonkou (Emperors ) for a reason .
It's just like Big Mom sending her crew to wipe out an island Don can't handle that much even worst if all the strong guys come also .
Law also said before you can even get to them you have to fight a whole bunch of enemies first .
It's simple a number games it's the reason why the rookies also teaming up not to say that i think Don stronger than Kaidou but i don't think he fears a 1 on 1 with him .
As for his DF it's crazy the amount of stuff he can do with it even if you think it's not cool like some others .

Look at this way....Whitebeard could have absolutely crushed DF, even in his old age. Kaidou is probably near his prime. He would absolutely beat down DF, and Law has said as much... Him having strong minions just reinforces how powerful he is. Also, bear in mind that DF was very reluctant to fight Akoiji (rightly, he would have lost) and Kaidou is at that level. If Donflamingo had been at the level of a Yonkou he would have been a Yonkou. They are clearly shown to be above the warlords...DF is a shrewd operator and a very strong warrior, but the yonkou have been said time and time again to be at the top of the pirate world. Just look at BB, he has quite possibly the two most powerful fruits we have seen (well, 'cheap' and powerful). DF definitely doesn't seem in that league...

Personally, I don't see why DF would fear Kaidou's crew...big players fight against big players.

Look at this way....Whitebeard could have absolutely crushed DF, even in his old age. Kaidou is probably near his prime. He would absolutely beat down DF, and Law has said as much... Him having strong minions just reinforces how powerful he is. Also, bear in mind that DF was very reluctant to fight Akoiji (rightly, he would have lost) and Kaidou is at that level. If Donflamingo had been at the level of a Yonkou he would have been a Yonkou. They are clearly shown to be above the warlords...DF is a shrewd operator and a very strong warrior, but the yonkou have been said time and time again to be at the top of the pirate world. Just look at BB, he has quite possibly the two most powerful fruits we have seen (well, 'cheap' and powerful). DF definitely doesn't seem in that league...

Personally, I don't see why DF would fear Kaidou's crew...big players fight against big players.

Well lets agree to disagree part of being a Yonkou is having a huge crew and allies .
If you don't think people worry ( better word to use that fear ) about that i don't know what to say .

Well lets agree to disagree part of being a Yonkou is having a huge crew and allies .
If you don't think people worry ( better word to use that fear ) about that i don't know what to say .

Well, I suppose this is hypothetical, since DF is never going to last long enough or have the occassion to fight a Yonkou, but when has it ever been the case in One piece where the main villain was not the ultimate obstacle to summount in a OP arc? How many of Kaidou's massive crew will matter to the SHs when they actually take him down? Kaidou will probably be the main threat to Luffy, and then his top generals will match up with the SHs ultimately... It is only the top dogs that matter to the top dogs as I said. Considering WB had people like Ace and Marco who are at least as strong as DF under him, and Kaidou is on the same plain as WB, I don't see how you could in anyway insist that DF would be able to go toe to toe with him. Law specifically mentioned Kaidou, not his crew, although that is no doubt part of his threat. But he mentions the man, that is good enough proof for me, given what else we know about the yonkou...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom