• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
...Hey, where's Amir0x? He hasn't weighed in on this issue yet.

i don't like Smash Bros, so weighing in on this issue is not something i much care about. There's already some Mother shit in it, so I will buy it for that, and my money will be satisfied with the Mother stage + Mother music remixes + Lucas/Mother items. If they took out Ness, I cannot fathom why he'd think that was a good idea considering Lucas is even LESS associated with American and European audiences than Ness is, but hey... i guess he's busy filling in the game with lots of lots and lots and lots of modes so that people focus on the game being feature-rich, instead of gameplay-poor.
oh snap, etc

Anyway, if Ness comes, PM me i'll be thataway

Jiggy

Kreed said:
"can't worry" isn't the same as "never worried" or "won't worry", at least not the way I used it. If I had said "Sakurai never worried about Nintendo of America/Europe's decisions" then that quote would have been more appropriate.
Okay, so you're saying he can't worry in the present about things he worried about in the past.
Well, let's just say I disagree and end it here. :D It's probably not going anywhere...

Rindain said:
Tonight will be The Knee or Ridley. I read on Smashboards that tonight is the 150th update. I doubt Sakurai would give us the divisive (and loathsome) Krystal on such an important occasion.
It's the 149th.

25th update - Samus
50th update - Samus' final smash
75th update - Subspace Army
100th update - Wi-Fi Play
125th update - Taking Snapshots (or the Delay/E For All notice)

Grecco

I just got goosebumps from that Fake Phoenix Wright thing. Gawd im soo lame :lol

[ cannot fathom why he'd think that was a good idea considering Lucas is even

Must be for next years Mother 3 port

Kreed

Jiggy37 said:
Okay, so you're saying he can't worry in the present about things he worried about in the past.
Well, let's just say I disagree and end it here. :D It's probably not going anywhere...

Substitute "can't" with "shouldn't" and you'll get the idea of what I was saying. Like when someone says "You can't worry about what other people are saying about you". You can still worry if you want to.

*Note to self, never talk about Ness ever again*

Getting back on topic, I'm predicting a playable character. Either Captain Falcon or a character no one was expecting.

m00

Sakurai said:
Oct. 01 Mon. 2007

Lucas

Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!
Of course, Ness is going to be playable. I mean, Sakurai wouldn't even think to mention Ness unless he was still in.

Sakurai said:
Nov. 08 Thu. 2007

Lucas: Special Moves

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar.
That can't mean what it sounds like, right? I mean, why would Sakurai cut a character with unique animations?

Sakurai said:
Dec. 04 Tue. 2007

Lucas's Determination

Lucas and Mr. Saturn are dancing happily on Ness's grave when, suddenly, an Arwing crash-lands in a nearby grove, pursued by an enemy that Lucas knows all too well...
Let's not panic. This must be Sakurai's way of telling us that Ness is a hemidemisemiclone.

justchris

Rindain said:
Tonight will be The Knee or Ridley. I read on Smashboards that tonight is the 150th update. I doubt Sakurai would give us the divisive (and loathsome) Krystal on such an important occasion.

150th update? Oh, it'll probably be Megaman then.

Duderz

Banned
Captain Falcon. I've lost count how many times I've predicted him, but that will remain my prediction until he is announced.

Jiggy

m00 said:
That can't mean what it sounds like, right? I mean, why would Sakurai cut a character with unique animations?
The latter question is important to raise, though.

From the second it was stated that not all characters were returning, the immediate unfounded conclusion for thousands of hopeful and idealistic Smash fans was that some clones would be out; almost nobody actively wished that unique characters would be on the chopping block.
And even those who did actively wish such wouldn't have said that those characters should be first to go, with only rare exceptions such as random haters of Ice Climbers/Mr. Game & Watch/Mewtwo/whoever.

Yet now, after the first instance of some ambiguous wording that may or may not point to a character with unique A moves being out of SSBB, everybody thinks he's gone. Why? Didn't the Smash fan community at large come to some unspoken consensus that only clones would be cut?
And as for the people who thought unique characters would be cut, how many of them were owned by the Ice Climbers update after repeating ad nauseum that they were "unpopular," that Pit was the new NES-era representation, that Ice Climbers were out for certain?

Just seems bizarre to me.

Firestorm

Confirmation required from Jiggy on the 150th update thing

Edit: Oh, 149th. Maybe double update with megaton? Otherwise we gotta wait 'til Monday =(

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
The latter question is important to raise, though.

From the second it was stated that not all characters were returning, the immediate unfounded conclusion for thousands of hopeful and idealistic Smash fans was that some clones would be out; almost nobody actively wished that unique characters would be on the chopping block.
And even those who did actively wish such wouldn't have said that those characters should be first to go, with only rare exceptions such as random haters of Ice Climbers/Mr. Game & Watch/Mewtwo/whoever.

Yet now, after the first instance of some ambiguous wording that may or may not point to a character with unique A moves being out of SSBB, everybody thinks he's gone. Why? Didn't the Smash fan community at large come to some unspoken consensus that only clones would be cut?
And as for the people who thought unique characters would be cut, how many of them were owned by the Ice Climbers update after repeating ad nauseum that they were "unpopular," that Pit was the new NES-era representation, that Ice Climbers were out for certain?

Just seems bizarre to me.
Some people were taking the update to mean that Ness was confirmed too. Just look at the responses. Jumping to conclusions is what GAF does.

Also tonight will be a character or ban me for an hour.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
Some people were taking the update to mean that Ness was confirmed too. Just look at the responses. Jumping to conclusions is what GAF does.
Yeah, but not as many, so there's not as much to discuss there. >_> You're right about jumping to conclusions, though. I'm mostly just saying there's not much to go by either way right now.

Also tonight will be a character or ban me for an hour.
I believe the guy whose inside sauce predicted The Day of Sonic!

the chris

XiaNaphryz said:
LOL, where's that Simpsons parody gif with Zero Suit Samus and Snake on skis?

This one?

stupidsexysnake.gif

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Inside sauce generally tends to be a fake, counterfeit, vaguely rancid sauce. You know, like McDonald's secret sauce.

Zeed said:

I did take the update to be a stealth Ness confirmation at first. However, that was a purely knee-jerk reaction and it's not really a surprise that I would lean toward Ness being in, based on my bias. However, after considering it, I understand that the wording of the update was ambiguous and could be applied to mean that Ness is cut.

I'm not giving up the hope, though. Ness will be in. He will. I want to see Lucas and Ness team up.

woxel1 said:

:lol Even though Ness will be in.

Jiggy

Gekkonidae said:
We should start predicting the custom thread title instead of the actual update.
Then, in accordance with my earlier update prediction...

"Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - FALCON PAUNCH"

But that doesn't allow room to factor in the Fire Field stage. :(

Magic Mile said:
I am going with a newcomer: Waluigi

If that happens I'm canceling my preorder. Actually strike that I already have the game paid off. I'll just pick it up from Gamestop in February and throw it straight into the nearest trashcan.

GamerSoul

Magic Mile said:

:/ don't play like that. if we're getting another character from the Mario-universe, I see Capt. Syrup beating out Waluigi, she's a descrete character in a good way.

Vet(SHEIK OR CAPTAIN FALCON or a online game mode. Better yet both.

Jiggy

Magic Mile said:
There has to be some kind of megaton tonight. This week has been underwhelming.

That would be a megaton for the Dojo thread, but definitely not SSBB itself. :lol

Edit: Speaking of megatons, we've had four of them (co-op adventure, Sonic, replays, stage builder) in the five weeks before this one--and two of them come from the two weeks before this one. Crazy stuff, and who knows? We might just keep up the pace yet.
I'm still holding to Captain Falcon + Fire Field, though.

Iam Canadian

Would Waluigi even be a megaton for the thread? He doesn't seem to spawn the kind of controversy that Krystal or Bowser Jr. do.

And if Ness was cut from Brawl, I'd make it a megaton.

Iam Canadian said:
Would Waluigi even be a megaton for the thread? He doesn't seem to spawn the kind of controversy that Krystal or Bowser Jr. do.

And if Ness was cut from Brawl, I'd make it a megaton.
I hope tonight's update is a big one though, 'cause I think it'll be a long time until we hear something concrete about Ness.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I figure that's only because most people who hate Waluigi think he's got no chance, while most people who hate Krystal think she's a virtual lock.

Rindain

Banned
Even though tonight is only the 149th update, it would suck if we had to wait until Monday to get our Megaton. Megatons need a full weekend to sink in and to deliver epic meldowns and lulz.

MisterHero

Brawl-Jackpot.jpg

Posting in Page 777

For Luck

Oh and for unreasonable anticipation in the 150th Update. What a strange adventure this has been since Smash Bros.' reveal at E3 2006.

justchris

I'm still predicting MegaMan for tonight. He deserves a double update.

Jiggy37 said:
I figure that's only because most people who hate Waluigi think he's got no chance, while most people who hate Krystal think she's a virtual lock.

Yeah, pretty much.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MisterHero said:
Posting in Page 777

For Luck

Oh and for unreasonable anticipation in the 150th Update. What a strange adventure this has been since Smash Bros.' reveal at E3 2006.

you're about 388 pages early.

m00

Iam Canadian said:
Waluigi's only purpose in life is to add symmetry to the rosters of Nintendo's kart and sports titles. He's like Daisy in that respect.

Iam Canadian

Honestly, I like Waluigi. He has a lot of personality, more than a lot of more established Mario characters. His antics in the sports games (especially Mario Strikers: Charged) are actually quite entertaining. The basic philosophy behind his design is a lot like Bowser Jr., except Waluigi is actually a good character.

I despised him when he first debuted. But he's really grown on me.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Because this is a lucky page, and all our dreams posted on this page will come true (and something needs to salvage the pretty weak updates so far this week).

I predict...

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING:

midna.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom