• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed up? For this?

This isn't even worth cussing out.

But hey, I'm on my way to being right. The night that we got the Taunt, I predicted Game Mode, How to Play, or Character.

So far, we've gotten Hot to Play and Game Mode. If I have the power to bend reality, then it'll be a character.

...Heck, it's gonna be Layton!!

EDIT: Also, there should be a taskforce in charge of searching for any hidden megatons in these updates.

Jiggy

-The 10th of the Dojo's eventual 22 November updates has turned out to be the 14th game mode update (14th when including the stealth mention of Replays). Game modes now tie music if the Japan-only Cooking Navi music is counted (which I suppose it should be if Replays are), and pull ahead of special moves.

-Our five least recent update types are now Poke Ball, character profile, a tie between music and story mode, and normal item.

-We've gone fourteen days without a character profile, and twenty days without a Poke Ball. The race is on--but before you start looking too pessimistic, the Dojo has had 23 character profiles but only 6 Poke Balls.

Kelsonk

A Link to the Snitch said:
I stayed up? For this?

This isn't even worth cussing out.

But hey, I'm on my way to being right. The night that we got the Taunt, I predicted Game Mode, How to Play, or Character.

So far, we've gotten Hot to Play and Game Mode. If I have the power to bend reality, then it'll be a character.

...Heck, it's gonna be Layton!!

EDIT: Also, there should be a taskforce in charge of searching for any hidden megatons in these updates.

In lieu of it all, I'd still say it's worth cussing out.

Jiggy

I'm just impressed we haven't regressed into discussing the GC controller yet.
Or that 2:00 Time matches are shown, just begging for people to jump to the conclusion that they're the default setting yet again even though almost nobody uses them.

Linkzg said:
this week needs something big to redeem it, already it is the worst week up updates yet.
This is where someone might normally expect me to post worse weeks. They might expect that.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
-We've gone fourteen days without a character profile, and twenty days without a Poke Ball. The race is on--but before you start looking too pessimistic, the Dojo has had 23 character profiles but only 6 Poke Balls.

That could go either way, though. If there's only 6 PokéBalls to 23 characters, one would think the PokéBalls have some catching up to do.

m00

Cross-cultural idiom time:
右も左もわからない
don’t know left from right
von Tuten und Blasen keine Ahnung haben
ne distinguent pas encore les boutons de gauche et de droite
más perdidos que un pulpo en un garaje
non sanno distinguere la destra dalla sinistra

scottnak

Danthrax said:
That could go either way, though. If there's only 6 PokéBalls to 23 characters, one would think the PokéBalls have some catching up to do.
Alrighty then. Pokemon week incoming!!

MindCollizion said:
What the Pip is going on in here? Do you all need something to lup you up?

Oh c'mon. You're not even trying anymore.

Kelsonk

m00 said:
Cross-cultural idiom time:
右も左もわからない
don’t know left from right
von Tuten und Blasen keine Ahnung haben
ne distinguent pas encore les boutons de gauche et de droite
más perdidos que un pulpo en un garaje
están más perdidos que un pulpo en un garaje
non sanno distinguere la destra dalla sinistra

This is a classic.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MindCollizion said:
What the Pip is going on in here? Do you all need something to lup you up?

...you had to bring up Piplup.

mball05_070920a.jpg

Behold his brilliant, cheerful face!!

perfectchaos007 said:
Stretching updates 2 months longer is really taking a toll on the quality of the updates.

I'm expecting that tomorrow's update will actually be good.

I mean, really good.

Sakurai knows that these aren't the coolest, most awesomest updates (he has to!), so logically, he's going to HAVE to give us our Fridayton.

...Right?

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Well, aren't you?

I'd seriously like to know. =/
There haven't been any, so I can't. :(

Edit: But in fairness, I'd be comparing three days to full weeks of five. There's still hope, kind of!

Iam Canadian said:
You...you mean not even Jiggy's stats can provide any consolation that it's been worse than this?

*Sniff*

...Well, we could get all of the worst updates and put them into a made-up week.

But then it'd still be the same as this :(

A Link to the Snitch said:
I'm expecting that tomorrow's update will actually be good.

I mean, really good.

Sakurai knows that these aren't the coolest, most awesomest updates (he has to!), so logically, he's going to HAVE to give us our Fridayton.

...Right?

Tomorrow would only be Thursdayton

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The best thing to come out of this update is confirmation that "until now" doesn't exclude Brawl. So Ness being included in Smash games "until now" doesn't necessarily mean that Ness is out of Brawl.

The second-best thing is that...uh...the menu options are a lovely shade of pink?

Iam Canadian

Okay, I'll make a few puns.

This was Dededisappointing. (Now I sound like the Kirby anime dub)

I've never Meta Knight I didn't like...until tonight.

Slavik81

It's a really minor thing, but this is definitely a better handicap system...
Uhh.... uh... Now I might win when I poke some mon?

I suck at this.

Jiggy

Here are some sequences of three days that have arguably been as bad as this, if it makes anyone feel better:

July 9th to July 11th - Standard Combos, Dr. Wright, Bumper
July 27th, 30th, and 31st - Knuckle Joe assist, DK's final smash, Pitfall
August 14th to 16th - Devil assist, Stickers, Tether Recovery
September 24th to 26th - Trophies, Diddy's final smash, Mr. Resetti assist
September 25th to 27th - Diddy's final smash, Mr. Resetti assist, Pokemon Trainer's final smash
September 26th to 28th - Mr. Resetti assist, Pokemon Trainer's final smash, Tourney mode

I know, I know. I had to count that September week three times, but I had to find bad sets of three days somehow. >_>
Actually, I personally would only count that first set as worse than this one. :( The others were better.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
Here are some sequences of three days that have arguably been as bad as this, if it makes anyone feel better:

July 9th to July 11th - Standard Combos, Dr. Wright, Bumper
July 27th, 30th, and 31st - Knuckle Joe assist, DK's final smash, Pitfall
August 14th to 16th - Devil assist, Stickers, Tether Recovery
September 24th to 26th - Trophies, Diddy's final smash, Mr. Resetti assist
September 25th to 27th - Diddy's final smash, Mr. Resetti assist, Pokemon Trainer's final smash
September 26th to 28th - Mr. Resetti assist, Pokemon Trainer's final smash, Tourney mode

I know, I know. I had to count that September week three times, but I had to find bad sets of three days somehow. >_>
Actually, I personally would only count that first set as worse than this one. :( The others were better.

Yeah, those days in September were totally better than the last three days. I agree the July 9th through 11th updates rivaled this week in suckiness, though.

Iam Canadian

Well, Jiggy confirms it. This is the worst three day stretch yet.

I'm going to go to bed now and dream we got Ridley or Mega Man. And dream of sp0rsk's reaction.

m00

Nov. 14 Wed. 2007
Handicap

Be kind to beginners! If all you do in brawls is beat up people who don’t know left from right, they’ll never understand the rules of the game, right?

So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.

But, I began to think that there isn’t much thrill in just making yourself weaker, so I changed the system.

6s9vgye.jpg

First, find the Handicap option on the Rules screen.

7wizdli.jpg

Then you’ll see something new.

8abgbva.jpg

Click-click-click! Ratchet up the handicap.

8f2jix2.jpg

You start with your initial damage meter boosted!

7yhzgjb.jpg

Even when you reappear.

The strength of each character doesn’t change, so then you can show your skills to your opponent!

Also, you can use this not only for handicapping, but also for starting all players at the same damage—it’ll give you matches with a slightly different feel.

Now, I’ve also kept the auto-handicap feature. This gradually increases the starting damage for the winner of the match.

71488m0.jpg

Choose the Auto setting from the same option.

dfyb

Banned
ugh... he used "until now" again. but this time he says he's included handicaps in the series until now... aaaaand here's how handicaps work in brawl. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom