• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
caldazar said:
Someone has probably already thought of this earlier in this (massive) thread, but as I was playing Galaxy, I realized: wouldn't it be awesome to have a Bowser's Star Reactor stage with changing gravity?

I just don't think that they're going to do the engine tweaking that would be required to make this stage work. Oh, and spoilers. People in this massive thread get annoyed at that.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
caldazar said:
Someone has probably already thought of this earlier in this (massive) thread, but as I was playing Galaxy, I realized: wouldn't it be awesome to have a Bowser's Star Reactor stage with changing gravity?

THANKS ASS

For real man, wtf, spoiler tag that shit, those tags are there for a reason, not just for review scores

Rindain

Banned
The only real reason we are all complaining is that we haven't had a character in 14 days. Even Luigi or Jigglypuff woud satiate the many Smash thread people who love predicting the final roster, and take every bit of evidence (or everything Sakurai writes on the site, period) as evidence or proof against a certain character being playable in Brawl.

Raging Spaniard said:
THANKS ASS

For real man, wtf, spoiler tag that shit, those tags are there for a reason, not just for review scores

Actually, about the review scores...

Anyways, I predict Wii-Fit Board compatability for tonight's update! BELIEVE!

Teasel

Raging Spaniard said:
Has anybody thought about maybe they're running out of good material for the updates?

I mean when this whole "daily update" thing was brought up it was with the December 3rd launch date in mind, now they have to milk the information throughout THREE more months, so I'm not expecting many more amazing updates without telling you everything thats in the game.

It just makes sense.
japanese release date is january 24 so that would be 2 month (or to be more precise 8 week) i don't think they would have suddenly stopped with the update after the release of the game (they still unveiled melee secret character on melee site after the game release) so i don't think they are stretching still it's weird to have so many useless update all at once,why aren't they distribuiting over the more interessing stuff? where are the f-zero updates? the mario kart stage that was shown at the e3 video? the other sonic stuff (green hill stage,tail assist trophy?) some final smash we don't know like lucas? and what the hell happened with bosses update we only know about petey piranha!

Bit-Bit

el jacko said:
thanks asshole, I can't play the game until Thanksgiving, and now I know the fucking final boss.

god I wish I could punch you in the face right now.

I didn't see the orginal post. But judging from your comment it must be something really unexpected. Because if he said Bowser and you got mad, then you're just retarded. However, in case he didn't say Bowser, then yeah I agree with you.

Jiggy

I'm not sure about them running out of good material for updates. There are loads of things they could do:

-Characters: Captain Falcon, Animal Crossing character, Nintendo DS logo character, character from symbol #19, Marth, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Luigi, Jigglypuff, more...
-Special moves: any of the above, plus (if any of these characters have new movesets that we'd want to see) Kirby, Pikachu, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Ice Climbers
-Final smashes: Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Lucas, Snake, Zelda
-Stages: F-Zero, Sonic, symbol #19, new Game & Watch stage
-Music: F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Mario, Mother, Nintendo DS logo, Sonic, symbol #19
-Classic controller controls, remote + nunchuk controls
-Second boss of Subspace Emissary
-Assist trophies: Advance Wars, Tails if that one report was accurate, Pokey if that other report was accurate
-They could start showing off normal attacks instead of special attacks
-Alternate costumes update
-Update showing Kirby's hats for several newcomers (especially the newcomers whose neutral B attacks we haven't seen!)
-Full detailed update about saving replays
-Explanation of what coins are used for
-Explanation of that "method for powering yourself up" in Subspace Emissary
-Random gameplay footage--you know you'd love it. >_>
-Comparison shots of Easy and Intense difficulty

GamerSoul

Woah, I forgot my B-Day is so close to Miyamoto's. Megaton both the of us, Sakurai, becuz mines on Sunday! :lol

Jiggy37 said:
I'm not sure about them running out of good material for updates. There are loads of things they could do:

-Characters: Captain Falcon, Animal Crossing character, Nintendo DS logo character, character from symbol #19, Marth, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Luigi, Jigglypuff, more...
-Special moves: any of the above, plus (if any of these characters have new movesets that we'd want to see) Kirby, Pikachu, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Ice Climbers
-Music: F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Mario, Mother, Nintendo DS logo, Sonic, symbol #19
-Assist trophies: Advance Wars, Tails if that one report was accurate, Pokey if that other report was accurate
-Update showing Kirby's hats for several newcomers (especially the newcomers whose neutral B attacks we haven't seen!)

They should really do all this stuff now rather than later, these things are too good to keep away from us. If he runs out of updates, he should just post some vids of him and some developers playing and waving the final build of SSBB in our faces.

Rambaldi

As childish as it sounds: I hate the developers who are playing this game right now. Eff them.

November was supposed to be our "OMG we're almost there / We only have x amount of days left" month. Now I have a countdown timer on my Facebook that I watch to help me cope. I am that lame. :(

Truthfully, I'm trying not to think about the release date. It helps that I have Fire Emblem, Galaxy, and a hliday from work coming up to take my mind off things.

Eteric Rice

Rambaldi said:
As childish as it sounds: I hate the developers who are playing this game right now. Eff them.

November was supposed to be our "OMG we're almost there / We only have x amount of days left" month. Now I have a countdown timer on my Facebook that I watch to help me cope. I am that lame. :(

I'm glad it got pushed back. This and Galaxy in that time span simply would have been to much awesome for my mind to withstand.

I would have died.

Milabrega

Jiggy37 said:

52 updates until japanese release date.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
If the update tonight really is of megaton proportions we might cross over the 400 page mark.

I think Capt. Falcon's character profile could do it.

Jiggy

JohnTinker said:
If the update tonight really is of megaton proportions we might cross over the 400 page mark.

We can usually churn out a few pages even on the back of a lame update, so there should be no problem here.

Also, I just realized I haven't predicted tonight. Jigglypuff profile.

caldazar

thanks asshole, I can't play the game until Thanksgiving, and now I know the fucking final boss.

god I wish I could punch you in the face right now.
THANKS ASS

So I put spoiler tags back in my post, but to the people who got angry:
-That is *not* the last level of the game. In fact, I've only finished about 1/3 of the game, so I don't even know for sure if that character is also the final boss or whatever.
-That level has been shown in TV commercials for crying out loud, so I don't see how it's not fair game.

Nevertheless, I am sorry if I spoiled anything for people who were on a 100% media blackout....I don't like spoilers either but I was being careless and it literally didn't occur to me that it might be a spoiler since we've seen that in countless trailers /ads/ preview footage etc.

Milabrega

JohnTinker said:

or the 800 page park if your a 50 post per page kinda guy! it'll happen either way, Predictions + 2/3 pages of instant reaction are always a given.

caldazar said:
So I put spoiler tags back in my post, but to the people who got angry:
-That is *not* the last level of the game. In fact, I've only finished about 1/3 of the game, so I don't even know for sure if that character is also the final boss or whatever.
-That level has been shown in TV commercials for crying out loud, so I don't see how it's not fair game.

Nevertheless, I am sorry if I spoiled anything for people who were on a 100% media blackout....I don't like spoilers either but I was being careless and it literally didn't occur to me that it might be a spoiler since we've seen that in countless trailers /ads/ preview footage etc.

These people are retarded about spoilers, don't worry about it. They're always like "Yeah I know they're spoiler tags, but people don't really use them for spoilers on here!!". Apparently since they choose to not use something for it's intentional use, you'll get crucified.

Yeah, tough shit. If you're that worried about spoilers then be more careful on the internet, on a forum about video games.

Wow angelo , I weep for you. :lol

Is this thread your cave? Ive never seen you post anywhere else but here!
Ah well, kinda scary though.

anyways , Im expecting another lame ass update folks

No falcon knee or paunch tonight.

According to the dimensions of the E4all demo select screen, if we get any character other than Luigi or Captain Falcon it would mean that the dimensions of the demo character select screen is definitely NOT final.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
i'm hoping to God for the good captain with his punch of win. i've been waiting for that update for so long as i've shifted to him since i started playing as him regularly. he's just the kind of balance i've been looking for, but i do hope they speed up some of his moves. i don't mind if they make him slightly weaker, though the knee must stay as is...

Zeed

Banned
Angelo is my protege and official successor for the position of SSBB Thread Troll. Thanks to his dedicated efforts, I don't have to post here as much anymore.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Prediction TITLE SCREEN

wha.. whats this?

The Title Screen! This is very important, if you do not master the ways of the title screen you will not get to play the game too often.

It even knows what controller you are using. It must be psychic!

*screenshot*

PRESS A/B

*screenshot*

PRESS START

Rambaldi

Eteric Rice said:
I'm glad it got pushed back. This and Galaxy in that time span simply would have been to much awesome for my mind to withstand.

I would have died.

I feel awful about Galaxy. I only played it yesterday and I got like 60 stars. I am taking a week off so I can say it lasted longer. :( I really want to play it some more though. ahaha.

Prediction: Zelda Special Moves. Or Mega Man.

Def. Mega Man. :)

Rindain

Banned
I will predict Ridley until we get another character profile. However, the Megaman anniversary next week makes me think Sakurai is waiting.

Jiggy

Suburban Cowboy said:
mariokart level. guaranteed
Speaking of the Mario Kart stage, if we ever got it, that would become the only time we'd seen two stages from the same series get Dojo updates. I was actually thinking about adding it to my list of potential future updates earlier, but decided not to for that reason...

Rambaldi

Ashley would be amazing.

I was playing Donkey Kong for GB and got the idea that Pauline may be an AT and hit people with her purse. (Wishful thinking)

Meta Knight's moves and a Kirby song

I introduced some of Meta Knight’s special moves in a previous post titled "Four Special Move Types".

But, since he has so many peculiar moves, I wanted to explain them again.

<Standard Special Move: Mach Tornado>

metaknight_071115a-l.jpg

Suck them up!

Your inertia carries you left and right. Tap the button to rise up off the ground a bit.

<Side Special Move: Drill Rush>

metaknight_071115b-l.jpg

Rush!!!

You spin like a drill, plowing into people. You can also change your direction slightly.

metaknight_071115c-l.jpg

Push your enemies up into the air!

metaknight_071115d-l.jpg

Of course, you can push them down, too.

<Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop>

metaknight_071115e-l.jpg

Rise up while launching your sword up...

metaknight_071115f-l.jpg

You can also flutter through the air and glide.

This is a move you use to glide. It’s kind of like Kirby’s wing ability.

<Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape>

metaknight_071115g-l.jpg

The familiar move from the trailer.

He wraps himself in his cape, disappears, and reappears with this move.

metaknight_071115h-l.jpg

Tilt the stick to move the position where he’ll reappear!

metaknight_071115y-l.jpg

If you’re pressing the attack button, you’ll unleash a surprise attack as you reappear!

Use the Dimensional Cape as a precursor to an attack. If you just can’t get the opportunity, then forget about attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom