• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
God I'm tired of this small trickle of minor details for this game.

Here's what I wish would happen:

MEGAMAN REVEALED. MEDIA BLACKOUT NOW. SEE YOU ON RELEASE DAY.

-Sakurai

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Alright so the disappointment streak ends tomorrow with the Captain Olimar update for Miyamoto's birthday! Don't worry guys.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I like the upbeat take on this normally dark track. I think that the other Halberd stage song will get a more sinister remix.

But darn if this song doesn't take me back to my childhood. Kirby Super Star is still one of my favourite games of all time and taking down the Halberd is far and away my favourite part.

Zeed

Banned
At first I thought it was just the special moves and I was thinking about how lame this was, and then came the awesome music.

Better be a character tomorrow.

Kelsonk

"I introduced some of Meta Knight’s special moves in a previous post titled "Four Special Move Types".

But, since he has so many peculiar moves, I wanted to explain them again."

This puts a whole new meaning to the term "double update".

RagnarokX

Tomorrow better be ONE HELL OF A MEGATON! This week has been ridiculously lame so far and now we are getting updates that have already been on the site... what next? "Challenger Approaching! Mario: Yes I know I already revealed that Mario is in Brawl, but I thought I'd take the time to point out that his hat is red."

Gaborn

Zeed said:
Better be a character tomorrow.

Actually, the more I think about it, tomorrow I want Snake's final smash (completing his set I believe) and then on Monday I want Megaman, but that's just me.

Crocodile

My jaw almost dropped at the prospect that Sakurai actually reused an update. Especially considering all the other things he could possibly update upon. Luckily the music saved tonight. Nice song.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Crocodile said:
My jaw almost dropped at the prospect that Sakurai actually reused an update. Especially considering all the other things he could possibly update upon. Luckily the music saved tonight. Nice song.

Heh, I felt really ripped off at first when I saw Meta Knight's special moves. Had it not been for the music, this really would have been the worst update yet.

Jiggy

-The Halberd theme swings in as the 15th piece of music to be put up on the Dojo. The number of music updates is once again tied with final smashes and How To Play, just as it was before this week began.

-The known series without music updates on the Dojo are now F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Mario, Mother, Nintendo DS, and Sonic.

-Kirby moves up to 11 updates, tying Mario for second most-common. If you're really observant, you might have noticed that I counted Meta Knight's final smash as the 10th Kirby update. Well, the truth is, I had already factored Meta Knight's special moves in as an unofficial Kirby update the first time we saw them, so now I went ahead and de-counted the first time, but counted this second time. So the Halberd theme is the new addition here. Complex and nonsensical, I know.

-Meta Knight's special moves make for the 14th special moves. This position actually did move up one, because I had never counted the first time in as even an unofficial special moves update, so... uh, yeah. >_> Man, this is a bizarre day.

-15 days without a character and counting. That's the equivalent of three full weeks, people.

Dreavus

Crocodile said:

Yeah i agree, my heart sank a little when i saw what it was, scrolling down helped the pain.

Wow! What a cool song! I was just playing this game last week. :D

Jiggy

Weeks where the music update was my favorite:

May 22nd to 25th - The Musicians + Battlefield + basic rules, Mario + Link, Gooey Bomb, Pit (not a song, though, I know)
June 11th to 15th - Fox, Yoshi's Island, Ridley's theme, crates and barrels, Samus
June 25th to 29th - Zelda, Ocarina of Time medley, Banana Peel, names, Wario's moves
July 16th to 20th - Space Armada, Deoxys, Samus' final smash, Zero Suit Samus, This World...
August 6th to 10th - Smoke Ball, Ike's moves, Kid Icarus music, Pit's final smash, Franklin Badge
September 3rd to 7th - Pit's Descent, Diddy Kong's moves, Meta Knight, Pokemon Stadium 2 + Mario's special moves, My Music + Pokemon Stadium music + SSBB main theme
November 5th to November 9th - Fox's Misfortune + Fire Emblem theme, items from previous installments, Gray Fox assist + grab and throw, Lucas' moves, Norfair

This week will probably join the ranks unless Friday's huge. But I'm an audiophile--in that one old thread about ideal RPGs where we distributed 100 points between gameplay, music, graphics, and story, I gave gameplay 57 and music 37--so hey. >_>

Firestorm

Actually missed the update because I was TF2-ing :O

Thank god there were two updates or this would be the worst ever. Moves we've already had explained on the dojo? ugh

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
This has always baffled me.

Why?

Why are they holding out on any Mario songs? I want Doom Ship muzak
Ah, I knew there was something else I wanted to address... A majority of the music updates we've gotten are defaults for the series' corresponding stage, and tonight continues that trend.

Ridley's theme - probably default on Norfair
Space Armada - probably default on Lylat Cruise
Kid Icarus theme - definitely default on Skyworld
Go K.K. Rider - definitely default in Smashville
Pokemon Stadium - definitely default in Pokemon Stadium... OR IS IT
Fire Emblem theme - definitely default in Castle Siege
Halberd theme - definitely default on the Halberd

That leaves the Yoshi's Story ending, Ocarina of Time medley, MGS4 love theme, and Ashley's theme as songs that might not be default for the levels we know. (I heavily doubt Ashley's theme will be the main Wario Ware music, and the OoT medley being used on Bridge of Eldin would also really surprise me.)

Basically, what I'm suggesting is that if we got Mario music it would most likely be a remix of the Delfino Plaza theme, which... kind of sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom