• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/12 - 11/18 2007

Elios83

Lightning said:
So because of the massive difference between RE: UC and PS3 numbers between Famitsu and Media Create we don't really accurately know what either actually sold? LOL

Average is your best friend in these situations. It's not like one of them is right and the other is wrong, they both do statistical calculations based on actual tracked datas and usually the ending results are similar so the real numbers are definitely somewhere between.

Busaiku

Lightning said:
So because of the massive difference between RE: UC and PS3 numbers between Famitsu and Media Create we don't really accurately know what either actually sold? LOL
There's also Dengeki (which most of us don't use), but you can check that to see which 2 trackers are closer together.

Fischbrot said:
Wii
11.22 Mario & Sonic (Sega)
11.22 Dragon Blade (D3)
11.22 Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Daiundoukai (BNGI)
11.29 Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX2 (Takara Tomy)
11.29 Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes (Capcom)
11.29 Swing Golf Pangya 2nd Shot! (Tecmo)
12.01 Wii Fit (Nintendo)

DS
11.22 Japan Chou Kantan Boki Nyuumon DS (IE Institute)
11.22 Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi (Square Enix)
11.22 Harry Potter to Fushichou no Kishidan (EA)
11.22 Juushin Enbu DS (D3)
11.22 Nazotte Oboeru Otona no Kanji Renshuu Kanzenhan (NOW)
11.22 Nounai Aesthe: IQ Suppli DS 2: Sukkiri King Ketteisen (Spike)
11.22 Ryuusei no RockMan 2: Berserk x Dinosaur (Capcom)
11.22 Ryuusei no RockMan 2: Berserk x Shinobi (Capcom)
11.22 Sankei Sports Kanshuu: Wi-Fi Baken Yosou Ryoku Training: Umania 2007 Nendo-Han (Dimple)
11.22 Tornado (Success)
11.22 Unou Ikusei: IQ Breeder (MegaHouse)
11.22 Wantame Music Channel: Doko Demo Style (Capcom)

so many game in one day for DS
All sent to die against DQ

thanks Fischbrot

BishopLamont said:
DQIV comes out this week, any predictions? 700k is my prediction.

I am not that optimistic. Quite a lot of people dislike its relatively ugly game cover, and some comments from the early release of the game are quite negative.

Frillen

Do we know how more accurate M-create is compared to Famitsu? I heard some rumors that Famitsu tracks around 40% while estimating the rest, and m-create tracks around 65% while also estimating the rest.

Avrum

Weisheit said:
:lol
Back to reality...

Back to life, back to reality
Back to the here and now yeah
Show me how, decide what you want from me
Tell me maybe I could be there for you

:p

Lightning

Banned
Frillen said:
Do we know how more accurate M-create is compared to Famitsu? I heard some rumors that Famitsu tracks around 40% while estimating the rest, and m-create tracks around 65% while also estimating the rest.
From all the info that I have gathered from people one is not more accurate then the other one.

Busaiku

Frillen said:
Not quite sure about how much of the market each tracks, but I did hear that before MC had overshot GC figures over Nintendo's own shipment numbers.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, pretty significant difference between Famitsu and MC. Unless WE gives PS3 a bump, I'd expect Wii to re-take the lead next week.

Edit- remember that MC PS3 sales have been consistently higher than Famitsu the last month or so, so the overall numbers are probably pretty even.

Lightning

Banned
Interesting. What's the bet that they both try and compenstate for that bu next week Famitsu numbers will be lower, while MC numbers will be higher. :lol

spwolf said:
thats contradictory statement :).

I think they switched numbers when MNG5 was released, right?

How's it contradictory? It's exactly what happened, yes they did switch place when MNG5 launched, but pre-MNG5 they were both doing sub 15k. post-MNG5 the PS3 dropped back to it's sub 20k levels, even dropping to 10k in the later weeks. It's only because of the white ps3 and pricedrop did it do decent numbers.

Neomoto said:
He said half ;) So 47 mil..

Ah I was too busy googling Japan population and forgot about that. :lol

AnimeTheme said:
I am not that optimistic. Quite a lot of people dislike its relatively ugly game cover, and some comments from the early release of the game are quite negative.

Ah, but I am, I didn't think DQS would do nearly 500k. I feel many are hungry for DQIX and will pick this up to fill their DQ void.

On a side note anyone have those GB LTD for Japan? Donny, Joshua?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Dragona Akehi said:
You know, the only positive thing about Galaxy bombing (PRICE COLLAPSE) is that there's now a possibility there'll be a 2D console mario. Well a higher possibility than before, at least.

Blessing in disguise, I hope so.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
manueldelalas said:
something like 30 million? (EDIT: the gameboy)
GB+GBC shipments in Japan was 32.47 million. About 2/3 of that (estimated since Nintendo never reported separated shipment numbers) would be just the GB.

charlequin said:
BishopLamont, someone could prove me wrong I guess, but I really doubt that SE shipped >700k copies of DQ4 for day one.

On course to track well below FFTA.

I was guessing first week, not first day. :)

schuelma said:
Edit- remember that MC PS3 sales have been consistently higher than Famitsu the last month or so, so the overall numbers are probably pretty even.

Yes, latest Famitsu numbers for Wii were higher than MC and PS3 were lower.

Flakster99

20 million and growing, unfucking believable!

gigglingfools-1.jpg

I thought the difference between Famitsu Hardware numbers and Media Create was the fact Famitsu was always a week behind Media Create, thus the main reason why GAF chose M-C as the standard for Sale-Age?

Help me out did something change?

Famitsu numbers get leaked one week before their official release. So nowadays the (rounded) Famitsu numbers cover the same timeframe as MC.

Btw, are we going to get First Day sales tomorrow?

Ahà. THESE numbers explain a lot of things:

1) Umbrella Chronicles sold quite well, but not as well as Famitsu reported and THIS explain why Wii's sales are not that up (but they're up anyway).

2) PS3 sales are down (and THIS makes sense), but Musou selling better then expected. THIS makes sense. (in the sense that it's up versus Famitsu's numbers. If PS3 would have sold in this week like the last one with a so slow (always as Famitsu said) Musou numbers, it would not have been logic. Now the numbers are a little bit more equilibrated. Sorry for the confusion.)

charlequin said:
BishopLamont, someone could prove me wrong I guess, but I really doubt that SE shipped >700k copies of DQ4 for day one.
Yeah, that'd be somewhat of an overkill. They can't possibly expect this to sell as much as the PS1 remake.

sphinx said:
watching MC is becoming worse than seeing swedish charts full of PC games and singstar games.

Home consoles are doing terribly, all of them in both software and hardware.

I can't believe all that constantly sells on Wii is sports, play and mario party 8. SMG is bound to disappear from the top 30 before those 3 games. Horrid.

Sony keeps bringing the New, exclusive 3rd party games that range from good to great, like HS and R&C and the Japanese just avoid them. really sad.

They never gave a fuck about the 360.

The scenario is just a horrible nightmare.

/thread. This time I have to agree.

Kenka said:
Another worthy ZOMG is the french Amazon charts :

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_1

Incroyable. France am Nintendoland baguette de pain :lol

At least in Europe and NA, Galaxy is selling very well, as Twilight Princess did. WTF is wrong with you Japan ?

Dragona Akehi said:
You know, the only positive thing about Galaxy bombing (PRICE COLLAPSE) is that there's now a possibility there'll be a 2D console mario. Well a higher possibility than before, at least.

A 2.5D Mario game inspired to Super Mario Bros. 3. Anyway, I think that a new Mario game will appear on DS before.

Cheesemeister said:
Uh, PSP is at 6,842,676 LTD in Japan.

Yeah, and if it continues like that, the attach rate will be under 1.0. :lol

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
2) PS3 sales are down (and THIS makes sense), but Musou selling better then expected. THIS makes sense.
Why would that make sense. PS3 had 1 day last week to get to the 50k number, while it had 7 days this week to reach the same number. Seems doable. So I'm inclined to say that the correct PS3 number is somewhere in between MC and Famitsu: 45k or something.

But it's all guessing in the end.

Lobster

Banned
Oh didn't notice hardware was posted...

Wii is remaining at 36-40k... This is purely because of games now. There is no crazy hype for it in Japan anymore.

Ps3 numbers way different to Famitsu..but ah well. Wii should be beating it right about now actually.

I expect Mario & Sonic at the olimpics to sell well, but not very well (200-300k-ish LTD). Now the next crazy thing would be that it sold a million in Japan.

Lobster said:
Oh didn't notice hardware was posted...

Wii is remaining at 36-40k... This is purely because of games now. There is no crazy hype for it in Japan anymore.

Ps3 numbers way different to Famitsu..but ah well. Wii should be beating it right about now actually.

Hardware is not bad at all now (but it could be better). What really make me nervous is Mario Galaxy's performance.

Now, I'll never expect a 3D Mario to sell well in Japan anymore.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Ahà. THESE numbers explain a lot of things:

1) Umbrella Chronicles sold quite well, but not as well as Famitsu reported and THIS explain why Wii's sales are not that up (but they're up anyway).

2) PS3 sales are down (and THIS makes sense), but Musou selling better then expected. THIS makes sense. (in the sense that it's up versus Famitsu's numbers. If PS3 would have sold in this week like the last one with a so slow (always as Famitsu said) Musou numbers, it would not have been logic. Now the numbers are a little bit more equilibrated. Sorry for the confusion.)

3) New trend am false.

ZeoVGM

Banned
jj984jj said:
By the looks of things in this thread the PSP reached a more impressive landmark?? 20 million, 20 fucking million in Japan alone, but I guess that's a minor milestone.

... what.

LM4sure said:
Why does PSP do so well in Japan but not very well in US? Weird.

Considering how bad are software's sales, I would not say that US sales are bad. Just the PSP Slim has had a smaller effect.
What about Japan: it is still a -only partly- answered question.

Saitou

Banned
Holy shit at the French Amazon chart :O :O :O

The R4 is in the top 20! WTF, I didn't know Amazon sold it! Oh lawd.

Busaiku

LM4sure said:
Why does PSP do so well in Japan but not very well in US? Weird.
It's been doing better in the US basically since launch.
Software-wsie, it's never done well outside of the launch period, anywhere.

Why are all the people amazed at the differences between Famitsu and MC? Famitsu had Wii higher than MC for a quite a while. There have been massive disparancies between software numbers on numerous occasions.

Flakster99 said:
20 million and growing, unfucking believable!
No price drop either.

justjohn said:
interested to see the ratio of WE between ps3 and ps2. konami should have released it exclusively on ps3 to increase ps3 hardware. after all it will benefit them in the long run.
release the ps2 version later
As strange as it sounds it might be true. With 360 Japan is out of the equation and Europe isn't strong as well. With lacking PS3 sales the series won't be going strong. I doubt it's popularity will tide over to Wii. But tbh I think with the lukewarm reception on the last one by both reviewers and consumers the series is on it's way down anyways.

donny2112

Thanks to Moor-Angol for pointing out that Famitsu has already updated this week. :D

Famitsu Nov 5-11

1. NDS Mario Party DS 242195 / NEW
2. PS3 Shin Sangoku Musou 5 176180 / NEW
3. WII Super Mario Galaxy 78349 / 334690
4. 360 Shin Sangoku Musou 5 26705 / NEW
5. NDS Final Fantasy Tactics A2 24386 / 234622
6. PSP Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles 20458 / NEW
7. WII Wii Sports 17618 / 2091122
8. NDS DS Nishimura Kyotarou Suspense Detective Series: Deadly Intent 15830 / 111995
9. WII Wii Play 15274 / 1647723
10. NDS Mario Kart DS 12988 / 2527971
11. NDS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkness/Time 12761 / 1042294
12. NDS Kanji Brain 2 + Dictionary 12194 / 24773
13. NDS Literature Collection DS 12145 / 91323
14. NDS Observation Training 11635 / 649286
15. PS3 Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction 10965 / NEW
16. NDS My Housekeeping Diary 10125 / 276979
17. 360 Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation 8874 / 75453
18. PS2 NBA Live 08 8449 / NEW
19. PSP Gundam Battle Chronicle 8068 / 188374
20. PS3 Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 8056 / NEW
21. NDS New Super Mario Bros. 7819 / 4878685
22. PS2 Super Robot Taisen Scramble Commander the 2nd 7066 / 27168
23. WII Mario Party 8 6804 / 884091
24. NDS Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi: Mina San Kyu 6417 / 120932
25. PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2 6411 / 1359342
26. NDS Dragon Tamer: Sound Spirits 6360 / 16485
27. NDS World Soccer Winning Eleven DS - Goal x Goal! 6214 / 38937
28. NDS Animal Crossing: Wild World 6161 / 4431231
29. WII Ghost Squad 5558 / 30087
30. PS2 Ar Tonelico 2 5513 / 87433

Avrum

I actually wouldn't mind a Wii Mario game designed in similar fashion to the sidescrolling parts in Galaxy. The first time I encountered one complete with the Fire Mario outfit, it was like New Super Mario Bros. but a hell of a lot sexier. :D

Loudninja

BishopLamont said:
Poor PS3, things don't look good for it at all, heck PSP lite did more for the PSP then PS3 new colors + price drop for the PS3. I like to see those advocating that "new trend". The thing I find most interesting is the PSP and the DS, it's getting closer and closer each week.

Only because of the price drop and new color has the PS3 and PS2 swapped numbers. Before that PS3 was doing sub 20k and PS2 around 10k.

I really do not get this post at all, whats with the poor PS3?

donny2112

Shin Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors 2) and forward comparisons:

Code:
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou     164K   30K    19K   ...   302K (20001231)
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 2   241K  122K    78K   ...   1.03 million (20021229)
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 3   723K  149K    73K   ...   1.18 million (20031228)
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 4   561K  128K    71K   ...   918K (20051225)

[b]PS3 Shin Sangoku Musou 5   176K[/b]

The 360 version has more than doubled the LTD of the previous game on the 360 (Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special; 11K vs. 27K).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
donny2112 said:
Shin Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors 2) and forward comparisons:

Code:
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou     164K   30K    19K   ...   302K (20001231)
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 2   241K  122K    78K   ...   1.03 million (20021229)
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 3   723K  149K    73K   ...   1.18 million (20031228)
PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 4   561K  128K    71K   ...   918K (20051225)
[b]PS3 Shin Sangoku Musou 5   176K[/b]

The 360 version has more than doubled the LTD of the previous game on the 360 (Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special; 11K vs. 27K).

So, it's tracking better than the first?

Top Bottom