• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/12 - 11/18 2007

loosus said:
Sorry, New Super Mario Bros. is just a much better game than Galaxy. Worlds apart. laff laff. Japan rox.
Are you the second account of citrus lump? I always take you guys for eachother.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wow, PSP is really hanging in there. With no big releases it's still selling almost as much as DS. It pisses me off that it may be because of piracy though. I hope the big, upcoming PSP releases do really well at least.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
sp0rsk said:
User 1: Lulz PS3 bump temporary... it will level off far below Wii. PS3 d00m3d!
Sp0rsk: Banned.

User 2: Media Create am lie... check out them Famitsu numbers. Wii am cry, Empire Strikes Back confirmed.

User 3: No U LIE!!!111

User 4: Japan sucks.

I am just saying the 360 is having an off week and after this week, they should come back to the top.

Saitou said:
DS LTD has crossed 20M

Where's the party?

Fireworks.jpg

96065cardancenin2.gif

Leonsito

Kiriku said:
Wow, PSP is really hanging in there. With no big releases it's still selling almost as much as DS. It pisses me off that it may be because of piracy though. I hope the big, upcoming PSP releases do really well at least.

Yes, the PSP is putting huge numbers without software, and I don't think that piracy is that important in Japan, why this great PSP numbers?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kiriku said:

I saw a high school kid on the train yesterday switchin games on his memory card :\

Dahbomb

MisterHero said:
Yep people are throwing away money on PS3 and aren't able to recover in buying anything else.
1184888087147.png

I think that Sony needs to make the most out of this "good" news while it lasts. Clearly if this pattern holds things will be back to normal by as early as next week. Some good ol' Sony PR stuff should provide for some good crow later on.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cheesemeister said:
Quashed by the 2nd week of PS3 > Wii.
By the looks of things in this thread the PSP reached a more impressive landmark?? 20 million, 20 fucking million in Japan alone, but I guess that's a minor milestone.

jj984jj said:
By the looks of things in this thread the PSP reached a more impressive landmark?? 20 million, 20 fucking million in Japan alone, but I guess that's a minor milestone.

Uh, PSP is at 6,842,676 LTD in Japan.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
mabuza said:
can someone translate this for me
Go back to creating your "Woe is me, NeoGAF hates my PS3!" threads. The only time you pop into M-C is due to PS3 sales hitting nice highs. You're the epitome of all Sony fans we dislike.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cheesemeister said:
Uh, PSP is at 6,842,676 LTD in Japan.
I'm saying it's being quashed by PSP sales instead of PS3 > Wii by the comments in this thread so far. :p

Fischbrot

Smiles and Cries said:
What software does Nintendo have out for this week? (next week's charts)

Wii
11.22 Mario & Sonic (Sega)
11.22 Dragon Blade (D3)
11.22 Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Daiundoukai (BNGI)
11.29 Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX2 (Takara Tomy)
11.29 Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes (Capcom)
11.29 Swing Golf Pangya 2nd Shot! (Tecmo)
12.01 Wii Fit (Nintendo)

DS
11.22 Japan Chou Kantan Boki Nyuumon DS (IE Institute)
11.22 Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi (Square Enix)
11.22 Harry Potter to Fushichou no Kishidan (EA)
11.22 Juushin Enbu DS (D3)
11.22 Nazotte Oboeru Otona no Kanji Renshuu Kanzenhan (NOW)
11.22 Nounai Aesthe: IQ Suppli DS 2: Sukkiri King Ketteisen (Spike)
11.22 Ryuusei no RockMan 2: Berserk x Dinosaur (Capcom)
11.22 Ryuusei no RockMan 2: Berserk x Shinobi (Capcom)
11.22 Sankei Sports Kanshuu: Wi-Fi Baken Yosou Ryoku Training: Umania 2007 Nendo-Han (Dimple)
11.22 Tornado (Success)
11.22 Unou Ikusei: IQ Breeder (MegaHouse)
11.22 Wantame Music Channel: Doko Demo Style (Capcom)

You know, the only positive thing about Galaxy bombing (PRICE COLLAPSE) is that there's now a possibility there'll be a 2D console mario. Well a higher possibility than before, at least.

AniHawk

Dragona Akehi said:
You know, the only positive thing about Galaxy bombing (PRICE COLLAPSE) is that there's now a possibility there'll be a 2D console mario.

They've had a few of those recently. Last one wasn't as good though.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Dragona Akehi said:
You know, the only positive thing about Galaxy bombing (PRICE COLLAPSE) is that there's now a possibility there'll be a 2D console mario. Well a higher possibility than before, at least.

Yeah but there isn't an advantage in making a 2D Mario game in the Wii than the DS... prove me wrong Nintendo

Dahbomb

manueldelalas said:
something like 30 million? (EDIT: the gameboy)
It will be tough but if DS is hit with some more heavy hitter titles, some more price drops and some more colors then it might actually cross that barrier. It's still doing really strong and god knows how long the GB had legs until it was finally brought down.

AlternativeUlster said:
How many more DSes need to be sold in order for half the population of Japan to own one?

Japan's population is 127 million, so 107 millon more.

DQIV comes out this week, any predictions? 700k is my prediction.

Lightning

Banned
So because of the massive difference between RE: UC and PS3 numbers between Famitsu and Media Create we don't really accurately know what either actually sold? LOL

Neomoto

Wow, PS3 is far beneath what Famitsu has. That's pretty weird. Galaxy.. :( Hope it at leasts won't go down from here until januari.

Dragon Quest IV and Mario & Sonic? Pretty big week for Nintendo with those and continues sales of MP DS and SMG and others + those two.

BishopLamont said:
Japan's population is 127 million, so 107 millon more.

DQIV comes out this week, any predictions? 700k is my prediction.
He said half ;) So 47 mil..

spwolf

BishopLamont said:
Only because of the price drop and new color has the PS3 and PS2 swapped numbers. Before that PS3 was doing sub 20k and PS2 around 10k.

thats contradictory statement :).

I think they switched numbers when MNG5 was released, right?

spwolf

Lightning said:
So because of the massive difference between RE: UC and PS3 numbers between Famitsu and Media Create we don't really accurately know what either actually sold? LOL

sure we will, at the end, one will adjust their number :D

ITA84

Leonsito said:
Yes, the PSP is putting huge numbers without software, and I don't think that piracy is that important in Japan, why this great PSP numbers?

I thought the same until I saw a bump in Lumines sales after a certain PSP firmware update...

Top Bottom