• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/12 - 11/18 2007

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
40k isn't so bad. I mean disappointing still, but hey, only 30k difference this time!

:(

What were the first few weeks sales with Sunshine?

Amir0x said:
Boy Japan is a big failure.

MARIO PARTY is now the main Mario series.

You know what's funny, I've been listening to Mario Galaxy's OST. It's really good.

But nintendo's gonna look at Galaxy's jp sales and say

"WELL THAT ORCHESTRATION WAS A WASTE. NEVER AGAIN. ORCHESTRATION FOR WII FIT 2390428409328 ONLY. OK YOU TOO MARIO PARTY."

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
You know what's funny, I've been listening to Mario Galaxy's OST. It's really good.

"WELL THAT ORCHESTRATION WAS A WASTE. NEVER AGAIN. ORCHESTRATION FOR WII FIT 2390428409328 ONLY. OK YOU TOO MARIO PARTY."

oh god the wide reaching implications

HEY NINTENDO NORTH AMERICA LOVES YOUR GALAXY, LOOK OVER HERE

Iwata replies: "I am rubbing Mother 3 all over my nipples!"

I am crying somewhere in the background

Amir0x said:

Iwata: What is a North America????

CTLance

Hoo boy. I give up on trying to predict Japan sales. :lol
Go Go FFTA2 and Ghost Squad, though. The latter has a bit of staying power that surprises me a bit.
Oh, and that drop from 40k to 15k in the middle of the Top10 is a honey-doodle as melon-scratchers go in my eyes. Kind of steep.... or maybe I'm just noticing it because someone pointed it out.

justchris

Amir0x said:

That sounds like the plot of the last 3 student films I was forced to watch.

Lobster said:
Iwata will reply "yeah well, Brain Training!"

did Iwata actually critisize NA Brain Training sales? I was actually impressed that it charted at all in NA with popular perceptions of all video games being "toys" prior to the DS' success.

farnham

Banned
Mario Party is now the main entry of the series

Mario is no longer the mascot of Nintendo but the mascot of Hudson

BTW I remember reading something of a buying pattern in Japan

I heard that the majority of the japanese usually judge the game by its predecessor

so for example FF 8 which is rated as the worst of the series by many FF fans actually sold the best (thanks to FF 7) while FF9 which is considered a great entry sold relatively worse (well it was after FF8 and also DQ 7 ate a chunk of its sales)

Same could apply to mario.. of course Mario sunshines bad sales are not because of Mario 64 but because of the GCs general failure.. but Mario Galaxy could be selling worse because Sunshine was not receipted well by the japanese public

SuomiDude

Dragona Akehi said:

The whole game was orchestrated? I didn't notice that, I guess synth music can be so close to real orchestra now a days.

theultimo

SuomiDude said:
The whole game was orchestrated? I didn't notice that, I guess synth music can be so close to real orchestra now a days.
not the whole game, but a lot of it was. I love it, and can't wait for it to be taken out for maximizing profit :\

Galaxy, Ratchet :(.

Interesting to see that Ghost Squad has some legs. Good debut for UC as well. Rail-shooters ftw. With HotD collection coming and probably other games in the pipeline as well this is good news.

davepoobond said:
keep saying that when Wii Sports week to week ends up exceeding Mario Galaxy week to week.
But Wii Sports will exceed most of everything, regardless of plattform or genre (except for their first two weeks but that's not what we're talking about).

pickwick said:
What is the reason for such a difference between REUC sales on Famitsu vs Media-create ?
These numbers are estimates anyway, there's bound to be differences depending on what kind of data you use to extrapolate.

Mario Galaxy's only hope is that people are waiting for the holidays.

If it doesn't get some crazy psycho boost from that, then Japan's really disappointing me with the Wii.

SuomiDude

theultimo said:
not the whole game, but a lot of it was. I love it, and can't wait for it to be taken out for maximizing profit :\
Oh, well that's pretty much what I meant, I couldn't tell if something was orchestrated in the game or not (the only exception being the main menu theme which had to be synth, and even that only because of the bass drum sound). But the soundtrack is awesome. Too bad the Japanese SMG sales aren't as awesome :( But I still have faith that it'll have long legs, I mean it still sells 40K a week, so if it'll stay like that, the overall sales shoud eventually be way over 500K... like 700-800K.

8gi38mb.jpg

FFTA2 is doing just like FFT PSP so I guess we'll see it around 300k (most likely above FFT PSP since the holidays will clear the remaining stock I suppose). Its not going to come near FFTA though.

I just can't understand Mario Party, at least MP8 in Famitsu is going to be out of the top30 soon so if it hits a million we won't see it, still 200.000 SMG units to be sold from the first shipment btw...

REUC doesn't expand much in the weekend, Famitsu overtracks and/or MC undertracks (means I'll check Dengeki tomorrow). If they have trouble restocking it (or the wii zapper bundle since that one seems to be selling nicely) I wonder if it'll hit 200k.

Oh and the PS3 definitely needs a higher userbase, the titles are there, and the existing PS3 userbase is getting them, but they are so few that its going to be difficult for any title to reach higher numbers than 300k or so. I don't know 40GB SKU popularity (my opinion on it isn't good, in fact its pretty bad to be honest) but Sony needs to push it heavy time this Christmas.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
reilo said:
What the fuck?

Where in your little fucked up mind did you think to yourself, "oh gee, this is FUNNY" ???

i thought it was funny.

at least its got more taste than having a tranny/cross dresser with a mario face saying it does have legs.

sphinx

the piano man
watching MC is becoming worse than seeing swedish charts full of PC games and singstar games.

Home consoles are doing terribly, all of them in both software and hardware.

I can't believe all that constantly sells on Wii is sports, play and mario party 8. SMG is bound to disappear from the top 30 before those 3 games. Horrid.

Sony keeps bringing the New, exclusive 3rd party games that range from good to great, like HS and R&C and the Japanese just avoid them. really sad.

They never gave a fuck about the 360.

The scenario is just a horrible nightmare.

Mario is already discounted in my local game shops, down to around 3780yen from 4980yen, hopefufuckinglly people will BrainTrain over the coming days and realize what a bargain it is. Even as a Nintendo agnostic, I'm still spooging over the damn game.

Kenka said:
Another worthy ZOMG is the french Amazon charts :

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_1

Incroyable. France am Nintendoland baguette de pain :lol
Two people gave it a single star, our Drinky's probably one of them.

Segata Sanshiro said:
That's true. The milking really fucked New Super Mario Bros in the face.
SPM has sold more than Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario GC, so i don't understand why is considered a failure.

Last year Mario Kart DS was selling 20k a week, it bumped in middle december to 100k, so i don't understand why SMG could not have a similar bump...
Nintendo games always have a boost during december and first week in january, why SMG should be left on the shelves ?
Let's wait middle January before any consideration about failure or not.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
First Twilight Princess, now Super Mario Galaxy.

How many of Nintendo's franchises will require solely NA to live off of?

DKJB79

Moor-Angol said:
SPM has sold more than Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario GC, so i don't understand why is considered a failure.

Last year Mario Kart DS was selling 20k a week, it bumped in middle december to 100k, so i don't understand why SMG could not have a similar bump...
Nintendo games always have a boost during december and first week in january, why SMG should be left on the shelves ?
Let's wait middle January before any consideration about failure or not.

people have short memories...

Top Bottom