• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoshin Engi Vol.06

NqF8w0Fl.jpg

Pretty much a training/intermission volume. After the terrible defeat of everyone, we see them train and pretty much side stories involving the characters. Still enjoyable and it is pretty nice to see everyone not in the midst of fighting.

Articalys

Kuritawatch:
The December issue of Shogakukan's Monthly Flowers magazine announced on Monday that a live-action television series adaptation of Setona Mizushiro's Un chocolatier de l'amour perdu (Shitsuren Chocolatier) manga has been green-lit.

The story follows Sōta, a young man who loves making sweets and now goes to confectionery school. He has known his sempai Saeko since he had a crush on her during high school. However, she rejected a Valentine's date with him, so Sōta goes all out in making the ultimate chocolate as a present for her.

The manga won the award for Best Shōjo Manga in the 36th Annual Kodansha Manga Awards in 2012.

stryke

Hajime no Ippo

I finally decided to take a look at this after being surprised how many volumes there are (is it really ridiculously popular in Japan?).

I'm now reading volume 16 and I have to ask, does Ippo ever lose an official match? Don't particularly care about spoilers, just lay it out there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hajime no Ippo

I finally decided to take a look at this after being surprised how many volumes there are (is it really ridiculously popular in Japan?).

I'm now reading volume 16 and I have to ask, does Ippo ever lose an official match? Don't particularly care about spoilers, just lay it out there.

Yes and its a pretty great fight.

Lain

Young Black Jack vol.1
Xuy.jpg

Never read the original, but I liked this a lot.
Hazama gets pulled into troublesome events while trying to get his doctor license and it does get somewhat dark here and there. Naturally, dealing with the life of the young Black Jack, some of those events/threats lose their appeal because, well, Black Jack surely can't die young, though they work in building his character.

wonzo

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan 32
holy shit i'd buy an illegal amount of these stickers if they ever start selling them

Log Horizon 2

This felt like a pretty weird way of having a flashback but hopefully things'll get back on the right track next chapter.

Friandises 7

I really didn't get the last chapter at all but this one was superb. A shame there's hardly any chapters left. :(

neoanarch

Ran and the Gray World

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the implications of this manga. At least 7 chapters in and the story with Outaro. This is seriously creepier than Darkness...

{
Love Mechanical

ibzBjVzXQcST5B.png

O/A

i57d6jcOBjo1q.png

Shokugeki no Soma 45

Damn this series is too good, another interesting rival and another great group of orgasm shots. Can't wait to see an animated version of this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece Spoilers

- More fighters get trapped into the basement, including Boo, Ideo and Kelly Funk.
- Ricky reveals his true identity. He is the former king of Dressrosa and Rebecca's grandfather.
- Sai says their original purpose was to investigate weapons that export from Dressrosa.
- Trébol uses his powers to kidnap Sai. Sai has been transformed into toy.
- Finally Bartolomeo finds Luffy.
- Tontatta Kingdom was a slave of Donquixote family 900 years ago until they got released from Dressrosa's new king 800 years ago.
- Toy Soldier also reveals he is Rebecca's father.

Ricky and the Toy Solider being related to Rebecca was pretty obvious, but at least we have confirmation now. Though Trebol being the one with the Toy powers is a surprise, especially since he looked so... slimy (and I don't mean evil slimy, I mean literally slimy, like a slug or snail).

Yoake ni Furu 1
tumblr_mvdqfrsk7G1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Started and actually finishing reading the first chapter but then hadnt realized until the end that it was a spinoff of the other work Yozora no Sumikko de (which had an astronomy story, need to check it out). Anyway didnt seem like it needed much knowledge of the other story which is on my wishlist. First love and childhood friends gone wrong, but I think Sudou might actually like Higuchi instead of that sensei character, maybe.

Akito

Chihayafuru 121
Suou not being a lone wolf type was definitely a surprise but his karuta is nasty enough. Still, this should help Chihaya a lot.

Scumbag Loser 3
Damn, this manga is nuts.

Nanatsu no Taizai
I guess it's time for another deadly sin to show up.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece Spoilers

Ricky and the Toy Solider being related to Rebecca was pretty obvious, but at least we have confirmation now. Though Trebol being the one with the Toy powers is a surprise, especially since he looked so... slimy (and I don't mean evil slimy, I mean literally slimy, like a slug or snail).
I have no idea who again Sai was.

Magi
Again seperated? Fuck this.. I think I'll drop it.. the last arc was super disappointing and it seems it doesn't get back to it's former status

scy

gadgdgdgadgjasdhgklsj

Iris Zero 30 - dghjskghjsjghsjkhshsfhsf cliffhanger, the extra chapter (I guess?) is pretty cute though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Kangou Banchou: All of it

Boy that was pretty fun.

Hikyou Banchou was definitely the highlight. It's great to see a character like that who doesn't fall into the "be awesome but then get curbstomped" trope. He just got to remain awesome the whole way through. Reminded me of a more competent Piccolo kinda.

One Piece Spoilers

Who is ricky again?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did someone say Sharingan Zero is restarting? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
International Jump TOC for October 28th 2013

Naruto
Bleach
One-Punch Man (Bonus Chapter)
World Trigger
Nisekoi
Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign
Toriko
Dragon Ball

Previews: Blue Exorcist and One-Punch Man

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wow I just realized there hasn't been a new Berserk chapter since January. Is this a new record?Miura just cancel the damn thing. Fucking crazy.

Edit: wow didn't realize Miura is so sick :O

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iris Zero

I don't remember almost anything about the plot, really. The only things I remember are

1) Everyone has sharingans, except they're all basically Aquaman powers that only have a super limited application.

2) Main dude doesn't and he's super mopey.

3) School's most moe girl wants his body.

mhs004

International Jump needs at least one more weekly series. Yea having monthly mangas are cool but it just needs one more good weekly manga. After Naruto and Bleach end soon I have no idea what they are going to do.

Angry Grimace

International Jump needs at least one more weekly series. Yea having monthly mangas are cool but it just needs one more good weekly manga. After Naruto and Bleach end soon I have no idea what they are going to do.

The realistic answer is go out of business.

bigkrev

OnePunchMan Special

Pretty good stand-alone story. Feels bad when a superhero can't afford a soda out of the vending machine.

I was sure when that kid offered him his allowance for saving him, he was going to take the last 10 yen he needed from it before giving it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom