• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

All I've gotten out of the last two chapters is that Tadokoro is going to end up a bitter woman relegated to some dilapidated shack in the middle of nowhere while Soma goes on to marry a blond woman (Erina?) just like his dad.

Lol.
Are you saying Erina is Soma's sister

That's kind of a crazy prediction to drop in such a roundabout way

(it's also not gonna happen, but shhh)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

There's something funny about the fact that Soma never actually learns anything - instead of studying with the teacher for months to figure out whatever he's going to learn, the other student gave him a 30 second lecture and both he and Tadokoro learned all of it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

I'm pleased that this series focuses on more than Japanese dishes, it focuses on food from all over the world.

Hot-blooded Curry action!

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

There's something funny about the fact that Soma never actually learns anything - instead of studying with the teacher for months to figure out whatever he's going to learn, the other student gave him a 30 second lecture and both he and Tadokoro learned all of it.
It wasn't even a lecture, all that happened was that Soma was told that things* can be done to spices to make them sp... spi... more delicious.

*things = here is one example, be creative and figure it out yourself

So many new possibilities for tests to torture Tadokoro with...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It wasn't even a lecture, all that happened was that Soma was told that things* can be done to spices to make them sp... spi... more delicious.

*things = here is one example, be creative and figure it out yourself

So many new possibilities for tests to torture Tadokoro with...

I'm not saying I want a training arc here, but it would make a little more sense if Soma spent like 2 weeks actually learning something from a professional instead of just learning it all in four seconds.

Gintamen

I'm not saying I want a training arc here, but it would make a little more sense if Soma spent like 2 weeks actually learning something from a professional instead of just learning it all in four seconds.
But he really didn't learn anything. What kind of idiotic cook is Soma to have had 490 different dishes with his father alone without learning about spices....

Protag

Banned
Does anyone know if Full Metal Panic Sigma is the manga form of The Second Raid?

I just checked the latest chapter, and it looks like its different from Sigma's direction, although earlier chapters took from TSR.

Soma

Like father like son indeed :trollface

Another challenger has made their presence and cooking belief known.

Lol @ that entrance speech still being referenced and motivating the listeners in the process.

But given the stakes here plus Soma being the MC its possible he will beat this guy at his own game (plus he has that smug elite ten motherfucker to deal with also).

LeleSocho

Banned
Sadly it dropped the smut part mostly :(

Too bad, it obviously was to catch some audience at the beginning but being capable of going forward without fanservice probably means that it really is good.

Shokugeki no Soma 2-9
Classic trope "you are good but i haven't even used half of my power", things should get interesting from now on.

Hoshin Engi Vol.05

Hgpgg1Hl.jpg

Woo, three concurrent fights at once! I also enjoyed everyone questioning Taikobo's usefulness and how he just ends up sitting in the sidelines again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does anyone know if Full Metal Panic Sigma is the manga form of The Second Raid?

I just checked the latest chapter, and it looks like its different from Sigma's direction, although earlier chapters took from TSR.

Sigma is TSR and everything afterwards.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So sigma covers TSR, AND it covers the other light novels?

Yep. The LN's are available out there in English if you know where to look, the official translation stalled after they adapted the book that TSR is based on because TokyoPop dropped all their LN's, but they are hard to find.

Theonik

Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa what? Explain!

Just yesterday I finally found out the name of the really adorable batgirl story (Jingai Shunman #5). Don't tell me the mangaka's quit or died?!
No it's just been several months since the 7th chapter got released and no-one has bothered to translate it since.

Protag

Banned
Yep. The LN's are available out there in English if you know where to look, the official translation stalled after they adapted the book that TSR is based on because TokyoPop dropped all their LN's, but they are hard to find.

Great, i thought sig only covered tsr

Protag

Banned
Wha are the chances on Kadokawa US releasing FMP Sigma in english (if anyone can even say)

I had no idea Sigma covered the series after TSR, and would love to own them.

Wha are the chances on Kadokawa US releasing FMP Sigma in english (if anyone can even say)

I had no idea Sigma covered the series after TSR, and would love to own them.

Yen press would be the best best I think, they have been getting kadokawa series.

Haikyuu!! 83

Oikawa just makes me laugh so much with his antics. His moments with everyone around him always turn out funny. And like always here with Kageyama too I laughed. Although he may tease at least he was still able to give good advice. Looking forward to an eventual rematch assuming Kageyama wont be a dictator anymore.

Shokugeki no Soma 45
tumblr_mvcnl8APS51qbxqfpo1_250.png

Pretty amazing chapter. I was excited to see Soma having a panel of his own there after tasting Hayama's cooking. Hayama is a really good character and one to keep watching as this arc goes on. I think he could really give Soma a challenge when faced directly in this curry field. I don't now how Soma could at least take him on as he has tons of access to the spices and aromas, though I am still pulling through for him even if the odds are against him.

The angel there in Tadokoro page was quite good.

Kieli

Gangsta - 23

No death flags, please. :'(

On another note, I'm glad that this manga has been picked up. Will definitely grab it.

The Gamer 7 & 8

I thought it the series would involve multiple gamers but I guess not. Gaia keeping everyone with a unique ability does make things a bit more interesting and special. His is at least the most versatile since he can not only gains tons of other abilities, I guess, but also see everyone else's levels. Perhaps the only other time in life when gaming gets one ahead.

The Gamer 7&8
Surprised that his abilities are unique to him. I'd thought the characters would be gamer based

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 1-2
This was pretty cute

Hayate 427
Darn Deus Ex Machina. No real drama aside from the from that cliffhanger

Hachi - 23 Tokyo - 4

The total domestication of humans with the seven day 150cc blood tax levy that is on the brink of a lethal dosage is a bit much or even overkill. I wouldn't have minded if it were something else entirely. It seems like a feeble attempt at being edgy and kind of dark. Where the series is at least hitting the right notes is finally establishing or revealing an actual clearly defined goal. I just hope it wouldn't involve battling 23 different bosses which would get repetitive. Maybe, if the route is pursued, some of them can be traditional one on one boss fights, and others will be united under a head boss of sorts. Looking forward to wherever it goes.

Angry Grimace

Yamada 80

We know where this is going. Saionji is easily recruited because they just have to promise her friendships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom