• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yea, but where were all the sites before some neoGAFers broke the news? They just wait to do their job until that moment?

If the NDA prevents informing consumers what they need to know, the answer is obviously B. otherwise, you're not reporting news, you're just jerking off devs/pubs

It's one thing to have an NDA which prevents a journalist from leaking certain storyline details and stuff like that, of course.
Well given the rumors that the "TWITTER DRAMA" is because Sony told people to buy their own PS4's, we have a hint on where they might stand on such matters.

How could a dev possibly now that they never ever will be able to develop a tool that makes esram not a bottleneck?

And what exactly is a bottleneck on esram? It's size?
Nothing that automatically handled tiling until the very latest dx release for it would mean a lower res ensuring it's not an issue. Could be a factor.

Freaky

Neo Member
These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.

tumblr_static_jim_carey_lol_gif.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, You sign an NDA, then you stick to it. Otherwise, Don't sign any at all. As simple as that.

As a journalist, You will be given the right to see hardware/software which is currently 'in development'. You are given many rights under that contract. You'll be able to talk about the features of the said software but you're not allowed to point to any problems to it unless you're allowed to according to the NDA. because it's "IN DEVELOPMENT" and the consumer will never see that alpha version of the software and/or hardware. Development =/= final build intended for consumer use.

MS and Sony and other publishers as well are allowing the journalists to do their jobs as per the NDA contract. If a journalist is gone rogue, His actions will not hurt himself only. It will hurt the company, the hard working people who spent hours and maybe took an overtime shift to deliver the product and it will hurt the families of the people who were associated with that company and eventually your economy will be hurt as well.

Not a single company on earth would tolerate childish behavior from childish journalists.

Game journalists do need to really start to take NDAs seriously. They should sign it only if there is a damn good reason to, and once they do, don't let all their journalist friends in on it so that if issues like this come up, those journalists don't have to be beholden to NDAs by proxy because now that they know the truth, saying anything related to that topic out loud would be basically braking their friends NDAs.

diamount

Banned
These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.

Jesus, why are you so personally invested in something this trivial?

K' Dash

His visaion, hs faul. tD

dontget ttro rrun fof awitjhou t fallout

this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today, snap is brkne. Ffac.t. M@aby e (an dpbrobly )() fix fo alaunch
today live conetx andpaty is borknaen. Fac and m..aby e fix bgoror launch.
today

esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.

no forusm
no poster$
not pelfoe who kno se what srong and want to haplep gamrs

CU afte !launh.

Here comes the Truthfacts!

Save us CBOAT!

AmyS

His visaion, hs faul. tD

this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today

esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

Oh my!

Nice job junior, CBOAT handing your ass to you.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.
0274_ofk1s.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oop. There's the confirm, then.

Xbox is dead. I hope CBOAT can find a new job when they shutter the division.

I would think the woefully inadequate 68 GB/s shared main memory bandwidth would be the limitation. It just sounds like the ESRAM isn't making up the difference like MS thought it would. MS should've just gone with a split memory architecture. A 4GB GDDR5 pool running at 96 GB/s and a 4GB DDR3 pool running at 34 GB/s would give them a combined 130 GB/s that would much more useful than their current setup.

SRTtoZ

His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

Longest Cboat post ever.

chadskin

If the NDA prevents informing consumers what they need to know, the answer is obviously B. otherwise, you're not reporting news, you're just jerking off devs/pubs

In this particular case, the CoD Ghosts Xbox One embargo (and I believe for other Xbox One games as well) lifts Nov. 12th. That's ten days before Xbox One launches. You'd rather they don't sign the NDA and wait till after the launch?

I admire your idealism but it's getting in the way of informing the customer about a product.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
CBOAT confirming shit up in here. I guess this seals the deal. Three credible insiders all claiming the same things.

Our Lord and Savior Sir Buttocks said:

"Esram is problematic(??) and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be gimped in comparison, this can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at"

What about secret sau--I mean balance??

Busty

Banned
OS will get sorted out no doubt. If Ryse is any indication of the type of games the 1 can put out have no worries.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Ryse until you actually get hands on with it. While it might be a great arcade actioner hack/slash game it might also be a QTE heavy drag.

While the game demo that was shown during E3 could have been very early I honestly couldn't make head nor tail over what type of game it was.

I'm by no means suggesting that the Xbone won't have great looking games. I'm just saying that a game that started life as a Kinect title for the 360 might not be the horse to back at this moment in time.

*wipes tears from eyes*

Kudos my friend. Kudos.

E92 M3

Hmm, I deciphered that more easily than usual - but basically CBOAT said that Mattrick fucked everything up and the OS issues may be fixed before launch. Also there will be better tools for the developers but the esram will always be an issue. Finally, he will be back after launch.

So is cboat concerned for his job now if this really does kill the xbox ?

Can't be nice seeing it fall apart and feeling you need to help bring it all out in the open and bring your own house down.

Must suck,

viveks86

His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

Whoaaa! CBOAT pretty much confirmed every rumor! And "See you after launch"??? Is he saying goodbye for the next month???!!!

Vizzeh

Banned
His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

Thanks Cboat, its all for the Gamers, stay safe :) - have a cuppa coffee and chill :)

]They should not comment on the rumour. JOURNALISTS should report on the FACTS.[/B] If they have to sign an NDA which prevents that, they are not journalists, they are enthusiasts.

Similarly, your position on when consumers should know about the issues is seriously... I don't even know how to describe it. We should find out when the final product is out and it's often too late to go back since many people have pre-orders? If your response is "maybe you shouldn't pre-order", that's not a response. That's just conceding yet more power to these companies for no fucking reason simply because people refuse to do their damned reporting jobs.

Sorry, maybe some people think it's right to give fellatio to the different companies in this way, but I hope no self-respecting journalist does.

Considering your heightened emotion on this issue, what FACTS are you referring to? I've seen rumor, conjecture and conflicting reports but very little fact. So what exactly are you referencing?

KORNdoggy

His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

And just like that, the buttocks was gone...

They should not comment on the rumour. JOURNALISTS should report on the FACTS. If they have to sign an NDA which prevents that, they are not journalists, they are enthusiasts.

Similarly, your position on when consumers should know about the issues is seriously... I don't even know how to describe it. We should find out when the final product is out and it's often too late to go back since many people have pre-orders? If your response is "maybe you shouldn't pre-order", that's not a response. That's just conceding yet more power to these companies for no fucking reason simply because people refuse to do their damned reporting jobs.

Sorry, maybe some people think it's right to give fellatio to the different companies in this way, but I hope no self-respecting journalist does.
In case of a pre-order. You've read the product description and you're aware of its features and specs. As a consumer you have the right to sue the company because their product is not working as per their description. Or even easier, return the pre-ordered product if you don't like it.

At this moment, Yellow journalism is dominating XBO/PS4 pre-launch times.

ascii42

I would think the woefully inadequate 68 GB/s shared main memory bandwidth would be the limitation. It just sounds like the ESRAM isn't making up the difference like MS thought it would. MS should've just gone with a split memory architecture. A 4GB GDDR5 pool running at 96 GB/s and a 4GB DDR3 pool running at 34 GB/s would give them a combined 130 GB/s that would much more useful than their current setup.

I agree the split would be better than what they have, but the bandwidths would definitely be higher.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Someone needs to translate, lol. I usually have no problem reading his posts, but this one is especially scrambled.

Long story short, he confirms that Snap is broken and so is Xbox Live party chat. He says he leaks the bad news because he doesn't like what he's seen at the Xbox division in the last 20 months. He blames MS execs for seeking to monetise everything and pins the hardware power, and hence issues, on that.

Amir0x

Banned
QUICK ROUGH TRANSLATION

crazy buttocks on the train said:
His vision, his fault.

Don't get to run away from this fallout.

The issues comes from facts. If you don't want to hear what I present, can't help you.

Focus your ire to the people who made these decisions regarding hardware. When messager is right you get mad, but I warn because I don't like what I've seen over the last 20 months.

Plan never not for gamers. Xbox One or PS4 or Wii U. All of Us. When directive are apps first, power second, this is not for gamers. When questions about DRM/online policy are [floate intenraly and disregard 3d]

Because monetization is job one for Executives, this is not for gamers. When you are lied to directly about features, that's not for gamers.
Today, Snap is broke. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fix for launch. Today connectivity and party is broken. Fact. And Maybe fix before launch.

ESRam is problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be grim in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.

Not the forum.
Not the posters.
Not people who know what's right and wrong and want to help gamers.

See you after launch!

Even as someone who is most likely buying a PS4 I still find it annoying that negative xbox one rumors generate a "Good! I knew it all along response!" While negative PS4 rumors are just dismissed as nonsense rumors.
I may not like Microsoft, but at the same time, I'm not going to dance around saying "TOLD YA SO!" if this comes true. I don't want the Xbox One to continue screwing up and bombing badly, I want Microsoft to understand why the Xbox brand has been strongly damaged and fix the image by making a PS3-like turnaround in quality. Last thing I want is for the PS4 to win because of Microsoft and Nintendo's incompetence this generation and not because it was a strong product.

Which is why it is frustrating hearing these problems being potentially true for the Xbox One. I want to see a reason to get a Xbox One and outside of dedicated servers being free if given the choice and Crimson Dragon, I haven't seen anything.

Finalizer

His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

oxDfLTp.png

Yes, I AM posting it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom