• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.
Easiest translation:
ESram is a problem and tools will help, however hardware will always be a gimp in comparison. This will never change without new hardware. Fact.

Amir0x

Banned
Rough Translation for new page:

QUICK ROUGH TRANSLATION

crazy buttocks on the train said:
His vision, his fault.

Don't get to run away from this fallout.

The issues comes from facts. If you don't want to hear what I present, can't help you.

Focus your ire to the people who made these decisions regarding hardware. When messager is right you get mad, but I warn because I don't like what I've seen over the last 20 months.

Plan never not for gamers. Xbox One or PS4 or Wii U. All of Us. When directive are apps first, power second, this is not for gamers. When questions about DRM/online policy are floated internally and then disregarded... [that's not for gamers.]

Because monetization is job one for Executives, this is not for gamers. When you are lied to directly about features, that's not for gamers.
Today, Snap is broke. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fix for launch. Today connectivity and party is broken. Fact. And Maybe fix before launch.

ESRam is problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be gimped in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.

Not the forum.
Not the posters.
Not people who know what's right and wrong and want to help gamers.

See you after launch!

Arcteryx

CBOAT droppin truth bombs on this thread

denzel-washington-boo6hrh5.gif

Radec

His visaion, hs faul. tD

dontget ttro rrun fof awitjhou t fallout

this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today, snap is brkne. Ffac.t. M@aby e (an dpbrobly )() fix fo alaunch
today live conetx andpaty is borknaen. Fac and m..aby e fix bgoror launch.
today

esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.

no forusm
no poster$
not pelfoe who kno se what srong and want to haplep gamrs

CU afte !launh.

Dude wtf, i was just about to close my eyes and sleep!
lol

Focus your ire at the people who made these decisions with regard to hardware. When the messenger is right you get mad, but I warn because I don't like what I've seen over the last 20 months.

Plan was never for gamers. Xbox One or PS[4] or Wii U: all of us. When the directive is apps first, power second, this is not for gamers, [especially] when questions about DRM/online policy are floating internally are disregarded.

Because moneytization is a job for executives, [and] this is not for gamers. When you are lied to directly about features that are not for gamers. Eprderiood[??]

Today, snap is broken. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fixed for launch. Today live content and parties [are] broken. Fact -- and maybe fixed before launch.

eSRAM is a problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be gimped in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get made at who you should be getting mad at.
No forums.
No Poster.
Not people[?] who know what's wrong and want to help gamers.

See you after launch!

Good God, man. How long does it take you to type like that?

viveks86

Considering your heightened emotion on this issue, what FACTS are you referring to? I've seen rumor, conjecture and conflicting reports but very little fact. So what exactly are you referencing?

Won't interfere with your debate, but your post right in between two full quotes of CBOAT's latest post cracked me up. Sorry! :D

I thought it was "Hardware will always be gimped in comparison".

This

Yup, those ropes are incredibly AA'd :)).
900p is another ESRAM limitation btw.

Newsflash: That's a super old E3 build of Ryse. See the big x button over the head? The new version of the game looks incredibly clean and quite a bit better by comparison.

So, if a game happens to be 900p on the PS4, too, is that also an ESRAM limitation? :p

Forza is 1080p 60fps, Crimson Dragon, I think, is 1080p 60fps. Where's the ESRAM limitation there? So, really, developers all have different objectives, and they will learn more about the system overtime. The strength of the GPU itself and the number of ROPs may have more to do with devs not hitting 1080p more so than the ESRAM being the culprit. The ESRAM may just play an important role in helping developers get over that hump, but that doesn't necessarily also make it the primary culprit, I think. I don't have a major issue with games not being 1080p. I never did. As long as the game looks great, and looks like a game I'll enjoy, I don't have a problem.

If I demanded a specific resolution in all my games, I would do all my gaming exclusively on the PC alone. 1080p seems like it will be common on the PS4, which is something I like and appreciate a lot. It's certainly not a negative to the PS4, but I don't see it as the end of the world for the Xbox One if it's games don't all hit 1080p. The order 1866, one of the most interesting looking PS4 titles announced right now, if not the most interesting, isn't 1080p. Say whatever about it being an artistic choice, about them wanting to go for a specific vision with their game etc. It's still not 1080p, and, surprise, it isn't the end of the world. Rumors imply that BF4 is 900p on the PS4. Who cares? I bet it looks incredible.

Cboat says things may get fixed for launch, but that they're broken now. Isn't there a pretty massive day one update on launch? I mean, I suppose we'll have to see, I guess. Anyway, I've had enough of the subject. :)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
CBOAT posts and this goes from slowing down to soon exploding again in full force of posting for the next 12 hours lol.

Honestly surprised GAF servers haven't exploded yet considering the random downtimes we've had the past month or so.

RiffRaff

Banned
His visaion, hs faul. tD

this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

2ThpvjF.gif

Zephyrus

Banned
Aw shucks, Microsoft is in a pickle.

Excuse me while I grin with the mother of all grins, Cheshire Cat like grin.

Hope it goes even worse for them. That way, MAYBE they'll start working again to get the hardcore crowd like they did in 2007.

Alx

Long story short, he confirms that Snap is broken and so is Xbox Live party chat. He says he leaks the bad news because he doesn't like what he's seen at the Xbox division in the last 20 months. He blames MS execs for seeking to monetise everything and pins the hardware power, and hence issues, on that.

Well, at least he admits that he is bitter and is actively trying to give a negative picture of his employer.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
if this is true, what is working for microsoft like? It sounds like the management is completely disconnected from engineers.

His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

Holy hell

Cboat speaketh

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Whoa, after that CBOAT post I wonder if Bish has room in the bunker. It's going to be a wild November. Buckle up.

mjontrix

His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

CBOAT hath spoken. Believe in the truthfacts.

First attempt translating the word of the Buttocks. Question marks at sticking points (not too many).

His vision, his fault.
Don't get to run off without fallout.

These issues come from facts. If you don't want to hear what is presented, I can't help you.

Focus your ire at the people who made these decisions regarding hardware. When the messenger is right, you get mad, but I warn because I don't like what I've seen over the last 20 months.

PLAN never not for gamers (?). Xbone, PS4, or Wii U, all of us. When DirectTV and apps are first and power is 2nd, this is not for gamers. When questions about DRM and online policy are floated (?) internally and disregarded.

Because monetizing is job 1 for the execs, this is not for gamers. When you are lied to directly about features, that is not for gamers. [?????]
Today, snap is broken. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fixed for launch. Today Live Connection and Party is broken. Fact, and maybe a fix before launch.

Today, esram is a problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be gimped in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.

Not forums.
Not posters.
Not people who know what is wrong and want to help gamers.
See you after launch.

Cboat tells us the hardware will never be as powerful as ps4.

That's a true fact we all knew anyway.

If you can live with that then the rest seems to be a matter of time. Is day one a risk then? Give it a few weeks?

Amir0x

Banned
Oh, since this lovely gif was made in the other topic ->

Ass+saurus+in+Jurassic+park_6494b6_3846645.gif

THE BUTTOCKS HAS ARRIVED. ASS STORM INCOMING.

Thanks Lovely Salsa for the GIF!

Rich!

Aw shucks, Microsoft is in a pickle.

Excuse me while I grin with the mother of all grins, Cheshire Cat like grin.

Hope it goes even worse for them. That way, MAYBE they'll start working again to get the hardcore crowd like they did in 2007.

We thought that would happen with Nintendo after dismal sales of the Wii U. That it'd send them into panic mode and flood us with awesome games.

....:(

Replicant

So is cboat concerned for his job now if this really does kill the xbox ?

Can't be nice seeing it fall apart and feeling you need to help bring it all out in the open and bring your own house down.

Must suck,

You sound really salty. May I get some of that for my good friend, Booker DeWitt? He needs it to power up the Vigors. Here, just put it here in the container:

ibphWA11LQOY1M.jpg

OverHeat

« generous god »
J.Allard was the special sauce of the 360 confirmed, the new exec in charge are clueless in how to make a great game console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom