• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

The funny thing is that even if we get a megaton, we won't know whether it's to commemorate the end of Novembust or simply an apology for the North America delay. >_>

Edit: I'm still going to need the rest of the day to figure out a real prediction, but here's another joke prediction.
Assist Trophyton that semi-confirms the playable main hero who people don't want--Ivysaur gets his Guillo assist and I get my Milly assist, and we all get playable Sagi even though nobody really cares about him.
Alternatively, maybe Pureauthor gets the Cheer Girls for an assist and that semi-confirms playable Ouendan. Then we'd all win. :D

Jiggy

Newcomers not known from E3 2006:

May: None
June: None
July: None
August: Ike (August 1st), Pokemon Trainer (August 13th), Diddy Kong (August 22nd)
September: None
October: Lucas (October 1st), Sonic (October 10th), King Dedede (October 25th)
November: None

Clearly the clear pattern is clear. December will kick off its first day with a newcomer from an underselling series (Fire Emblem/Mother), then a megaton newcomer somewhere in the December 10s*, then a third newcomer from a major series somewhere in the December 20s (Donkey Kong/Kirby). So it shall be.

*Pokemon Trainer and Sonic were undoubtedly the ones to draw the most buzz overall. Sonc for obvious reasons; Pokemon Trainer because it was just about the equivalent of revealing three characters on one day. So the second newcomer of December will be the megaton.

This whole thing is slightly tongue-in-cheek, if you can't tell from me saying "Clearly the clear pattern is clear," but I can keep hoping nonetheless.
:D

In accordance with needing a newcomer from an underselling series, I predict Black Shadow from F-Zero for tonight, as the one to inherit Ganondorf's old moveset while Ganondorf gets something totally new. (Incidentally, I think Star Fox is also in line with FE/Mother sales-wise in this post-Star Fox 64 period, but I really, really don't want to predict Krystal tonight.) Then Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia for the December 10s, and Midna for the December 20s.

jts

...hate me...
entry_banner.jpg

6yu4t1t.jpg

Brawl to have a 10+ hour story mode? More third parties?

Got this off of Smash Boards (Yes, I realize they're not the most credible of sources but he seems to have support):

ruel said:
I got this from Nsider2 (http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69415)
Sakurai recently said he will make and improve SSBB as optimum as possible.

He also said there will be many playable characters, more than you can imagine, and he said the team is still adding and programming characters. There will be more 3rd party characters too.

The combo control, he said, is relatively easy to control
But to those who already played Melee, he recommends the GC controller

The best news is that SE will be in the best quality that is fun to play alone. It takes more than 10 hours to complete the story mode.

Source: Famitsu

Does anybody have Famitsu so they can verify this info?
If this has any weight to it, might be worth a separate thread.

TenshiOni said:
Brawl to have a 10+ hour story mode? More third parties?

Got this off of Smash Boards (Yes, I realize they're not the most credible of sources but he seems to have support):

If this has any weight to it, might be worth a separate thread.
Oh looky, you're here too now? :lol

Yeah, verify oh J-Gaffers.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
If there actually WAS a demo released tonight, I think the best way to put it on the Dojo would just be a subtle, "Is the blue light on?" or something to that effect

I always thought it'd be kind of cool if each mode had a character on it. Kawashima = How to Play, Tom Nook = Shop (new mode that assimilates Lottery into it :>), Sheriff = Break the Targets

KevinCow

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Sheriff = Break the Targets
I want Sheriff as a playable character, just because it's one of the few Nintendo characters that could be considered more obscure and old-school than Mr. Game & Watch.

Jiggy

AceBandage said:
Tonight: Playable Assist Character Mode.

You can play as only assist trophies in this mode with limited combat moves and no FS.
If they had this and Colette was an assist, I'm not sure I'd ever leave that mode. Just her alone would make it awesome, never mind having Knuckle Joe, Jill, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Saki, Gray Fox, Little Mac, and the Tails and Pokey that some people claim to have seen at E For All. Actually, this is almost sounding better than the real roster to me. :eek:

Stumpokapow said:
Based on the franchise icon numbers, don't we still have one more first-party franchise left to unveil?
13 should be Game & Watch since it's wedged between Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers (the other SSBM franchises). As for 19, no telling whether it's first-party or third-party, but it's certainly still out there in its unidentified glory.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jiggy37 said:
13 should be Game & Watch since it's wedged between Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers (the other SSBM franchises). As for 19, no telling whether it's first-party or third-party, but it's certainly still out there in its unidentified glory.

Thanks Jiggy. I stopped paying attention to predictions back in August or so.

Cedric

Regarding the news, 10 hours seems a bit long. I think they tend to exaggerate, 6 or 7 hours should be closer to the real thing.

Anyway, rooting for a demo tonight.

RoboPlato said:
TenshiOni posted some info about characters and Subspace length at the top of the page that someone claimed was from Famitsu.

I see, would be pretty cool if true.
I mean, SE already looks like it could be its own game in a way.

nli10

I'm still betting that the character for the 'Pictochat' slot is Miis.

Frankly if they DON'T let you fight as your Miis then that would be the megaton...

Might be a bit mean to do the ultimate casual update on the original launch date though so I'm thinking something like an announcement of how many starting characters there will be via the medium of a select screen update.

Followed by a returning character update to go with it.

Jiggy

Cedric said:
Regarding the news, 10 hours seems a bit long. I think they tend to exaggerate, 6 or 7 hours should be closer to the real thing.
Kirby games take me about 6-7 hours to beat 100%. Of course, most of them are probably easier than Subspace Emissary on the harder difficulties will be--but then, Kirby also probably involves more exploration than SE will, so maybe that acts as a counterbalance. However it turns out, I'm expecting this to be interesting.

NeonZ

crowphoenix said:
I'll perdict difficulty slider tonight, but boy would I like a character.

You probably aren't serious, but... Haven't we already gotten an update about difficulty slider?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea07.html

By the way, you can also choose the difficulty level.

[B]From Easy to Intense![/B]

If you choose Easy, it will be quite easy indeed, so we definitely want people who aren’t very good at this type of game to give it a try! Even they will be able to make it to the ending.

But, if you choose a harder difficulty, your rewards will be greater. That’s another part of the fun.
[/quote]

Insaniac

I'll predict a subspace emissary update with movie blowout!

I'll also wager a new character / veteran if not the subspace update.

I also want custom soundtracks support. If i can't have a Super Mario Galaxy Level, I want to be able to brawl to the Bouy Base, Gusty Garden and Purple Coin Theme damnit!

HURGHT

Hopefully it'll be something big to commemorate the original release date or the anniversary of melee's release. I'd love to see at least a double update, and I think it'd make up for all of november if we just got a new/veteran character profile.

If I were a dreamer, though, I'd predict a character reveal along the lines of the MGS/Snake blowout update. Here's hoping.

Insaniac

HURGHT said:
Hopefully it'll be something big to commemorate the original release date or the anniversary of melee's release. I'd love to see at least a double update, and I think it'd make up for all of november if we just got a new/veteran character profile.

If I were a dreamer, though, I'd predict a character reveal along the lines of the MGS/Snake blowout update. Here's hoping.

unlockable: original ssb64? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom