• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
doogles said:
Guys, Luigi and Jigglypuff probably won't be announced. They're probably hidden characters again. (And I think the only reason Jiggly's still around is because the twelve original fighters are sacred.)
Yeah, but I'm hoping that Sakurai will be merciful and feed us a couple no-brainer unlockables to tide us over during the delay. There are easily enough Melee characters to announce to keep the next 8~ weeks interesting. Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Mr Game & Watch, Ganondorf...

Milabrega

Prediction:
New Trailer Tonight, more characters confirmed in the trailer. Its owed. All the PR about Brawl/SMG and Metroid this year, Brawl's big Ded 3rd, the novembust.. Its a must.

I'm going to sleep now (Man, I hate having to be at work at 7:30 every morning). I'll still claim difficulty sliders, but boy do I want a character.

Jiggy

Huh. I only left for two and a half hours and the thread grew two pages.

Iam Canadian said:
Is it? I'm not at all sure, but didn't Star Fox Adventures make Player's Choice? And Assault at least got that "best seller!" label on the box that a few other first party titles like Paper Mario 2 received, correct?
Hopefully
we won't have to worry about the Krystal scourge tonight.
I think Assault was a lie and a ploy because it wasn't selling well enough. Maybe I'm mistaken and that's just my blind hope, though. >_> Same for Command.

doogles said:
Krystal was a neat damsel in distress character in Star Fox Adventures.

Yeah, that's as far as that went.
Damsels in distress are only neat when they're cute and people want to save them. :( This is also why I don't like Peach outside of Smash itself, actually (and Super Princess Peach, but she's the hero there).

Aras said:
I want krystal too, just because there is no character with a staff T__T I want someone who uses a staff, a staff in Smash Brawl = kewL ! x_x she'd be my favorite
Mist for Brawl! (Yeah, it would be a stretch for her to use her staff to fight, but still.)

JCX9 said:
why do you think Lloyd will be in over some other 3rd party characters?
Soul Calibur Legends makes me think that Namco thinks Lloyd is some kind of draw to the Wii audience of hardcore gamers. (I don't even like Lloyd myself, but I'm just saying that's what it looks like their reasoning is.)
To be clear, though, right now I believe there'll be like 5-6 third-party characters in Brawl. >_> If there are only 3-4, though, I expect the others to be something more like Bomberman and someone from Square-Enix.

phalestine

aka iby.h
Wow so today is Dec 3rd. you know I cant believe I am saying this but I am glad it was delayed I am currently flooded with games. its not fair though I am sure there are lots of you guys out there with no games to play.

Sciz

Tonight's update?

NEWCOMER:

RENT-A-HERO

"W-What!? Who is this mysterious masked man? Are you sure that suit really belongs to you?

Can you become Rent-A-Hero for mankind's sake?"

A guy can dream, can't he? ;_;

GamerSoul

Jiggy37 said:
Mist for Brawl! (Yeah, it would be a stretch for her to use her staff to fight, but still.)

Look no further.
Jenna-Artwork.PNG

Female, Fire Adept, has her own kick-ass battle theme, from Golden Sun, has a CAPE, would be the best choice with Isaac.

Jiggy

I can honestly say that missing out on the two Golden Sun games is easily one of the greatest mistakes I've ever made. I can't even remember why I skipped them, considering I love RPGs so much. :(

But yeah, GS characters would be pretty awesome, just going by what I've seen in videos and such.

Would a difficulty slider be Megaton if it confirmed that difficulty 11 gives everyone a permanent FS that they can use however many times they want?

That'd make for a hard computer.

GamerSoul

Jiggy37 said:
I can honestly say that missing out on the two Golden Sun games is easily one of the greatest mistakes I've ever made. I can't even remember why I skipped them, considering I love RPGs so much. :(

But yeah, GS characters would be pretty awesome, just going by what I've seen in videos and such.

For GBA standards, they were graphically impressive. The spells, unleashes, and Summons could really get off the-charts crazy. If Drill Dozer and Lyn somehow got in I have little doubt that Golden Sun will be repesented. Speaking of which, how many Newcomers do we actually have that are from Nintendo's handheld games?

Cioran

My prediction is that we'll get something that will disappoint most of you guys, like Peach's special moves or something.

NickP786

Thankfully for me some of my stuff is due the week after this (exam week), so that should spread out my workload / let me get to bed at more reasonable hours :D

not that I wouldn't stay up for the updates if I could force myself to stay awake

GamerSoul said:
Look no further.
Jenna-Artwork.PNG

Female, Fire Adept, has her own kick-ass battle theme, from Golden Sun, has a CAPE, would be the best choice with Isaac.

YES YES, now we're talking! Isaac or Jenna. Any one of those two Sakurai. You MUST pick! Playable and rockin'.

Jiggly, you missed out on a classic. Motoi Sakuraba of Star Ocean fame headed up the music on that gem.

Cioran

If I may be the dissenting voice here, I found Golden Sun 1 to be poop.
EDIT: That being said I wouldn't mind GS characters in SSBB :)

Jiggy

Spirit Icana said:
Jiggly, you missed out on a classic. Motoi Sakuraba of Star Ocean fame headed up the music on that gem.
I know, and it really does kind of make me sad. Sakuraba is probably my favorite video game composer overall, churning out the goodness for my top two single-player games, Star Ocean 2 and Tales of Symphonia, as well as the excellent soundtracks of Baten Kaitos, Baten Kaitos Origins, Tales of Phantasia, and other games with music I really loved. Even on GBA specifically, there was Mario Tennis Power Tour, the only sports game likely to ever crack my top 20, and parts of its music reminded me so much of SO2...

Let's just say that the day we find out what track or tracks he's contributed for Brawl will be a very happy one for me. As long as I like those tracks, of course. :D

Boken

Banned
I hope we get something good this time. :(

I loved Golden Sun. My jrpg gaming experience was small and it slapped me in the face with what jrpgs could mean.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Staying up for the 3rd time

First two times brought Snake and Sonic

Hope I'm good luck

Jiggy

I'll be a little late tonight with everything, guys. I know I've been saying this for several past Sundays, but there's something I've been building up to that's happening on the 9th (unrelated to NeoGAF, of course :p), and after that things should ease up a bit.

scheulma said:
Staying up for the 3rd time

First two times brought Snake and Sonic

Hope I'm good luck
I'm not sure whether to ask you to stay up more often so we can get more great updates or to stay up less often because maybe the magic would wear off. :eek:

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
NOOOO MESSAGE COULDA BEEN ANY CLEARER
IF YOU WANNA MAKE THE WORLD A BET'A PLACE TAKE A LOOK AT YO'SELF AND MAKE A CHANGEEE

YOU AINT YOU AINT YOU GO YOU GE

THAT MAIN
THAT MAIN

Jiggy37 said:
Let's just say that the day we find out what track or tracks he's contributed for Brawl will be a very happy one for me. As long as I like those tracks, of course. :D

Yes. Now imagine a Mio Sakuraba vocal playing in the background of our inevitable epic match-up. Oh my! :D

sp0rsk said:
NOOOO MESSAGE COULDA BEEN ANY CLEARER
IF YOU WANNA MAKE THE WORLD A BET'A PLACE TAKE A LOOK AT YO'SELF AND MAKE A CHANGEEE

YOU AINT YOU AINT YOU GO YOU GE

THAT MAIN
THAT MAIN

He's just this guy, you know?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ITS GONNA FEEL REAL GOOD

SHAMON

JUST LIFT Y O SELF
YOU KNOW

YOU GOTTA STOP IT YO SELF

GOTTA MAKE THAT CHANGE

TADAY

YOU GOTTA YOU GOTTA START WITH YO SELF BROTHAA

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:

I know I'm part of the minority, but I found the GS games to be decent JRPGs that were dragged down by what are probably the dullest, most cliche scripts I've ever seen in a game, as well as some annoying interface issues that really should've been streamlined. Play 'em for the puzzles and the animation, not the plot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sciz said:
I know I'm part of the minority, but I found the GS games to be decent JRPGs that were dragged down by what are probably the dullest, most cliche scripts I've ever seen in a game, as well as some annoying interface issues that really should've been streamlined. Play 'em for the puzzles and the animation, not the plot.

It's a Camelot RPG, what did you expect?

One of the more interesting character class systems ever though. Also the link battle can be quite fun, but it is easy to cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom