• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOOK said:
Oh shit, people are quick.....

8aoya03.jpg

Not support either just showing what someone made.
:lol :lol :lol

I think the problem is that "Casual Elitists" (those that hate tournament rules because they think it's the "improper way to play") will now have infinite ammo to shoot at tournament players that are the ones that keep tournament rules for tournaments, and even play items for fun.

Feb. 10th cannot come fast enough. I'm guessing two weeks to get everything unlocked, and everyone comfortable with their characters.

And I'll be happy to settle the item debate with any of you, once and for all! :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I actually like this update. It's really informative through the stealth updates in the pictures. Yeah, most of it isn't great news -- Smash-specific friend codes, 64 friends total -- but it's at least more informational than "Widescreen Support" or the fact that you can charge up some special moves.

BTW, can anyone translate what the Japanese site has its players saying in this screenshot?

wi-fi03_071203f-l.jpg

webshark

this looks incredibly painstaking.

not only do you have to have wii codes, but you have to input smash codes too! and once you do that and set everything up you have to choose each and every person you play with! we dont want to automatically throw you into a game with people who you have already inputted 2 friend codes with, we want to be ABSOLUTELY sure that you want to play with them EACH and EVERY time

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I would hate to be working at Gamestop or some other retail chain in the morning having to deal with sad and angry gamers who didn't hear about the delay.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Speevy said:
Have they confirmed the price of this game, because I think that's tomorrow's update.

No, tomorrow will be confirmation that the game comes on a disc. Watch as it slides into the WiiHole(TM). Press the eject button and the disc comes back out. But you can't play while the disc isn't in the Wii! So put it back!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Actually this update could be thought of as saying:

"We're playing it! And you're not!"

On it's original release date as well. It hurts even more now :(

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Haha my poster is already up on the Smash Boards, prepare for anger in 3 2 1...

lulz, they are calling for Nates head "Go to Hell Nate"

so much anger :lol

Three months ago, I thought I'd be playing this game, right now. ;_;

Back to my paper... good night guys, Firestorm, stay strong, we'll show these item whores yet! :lol

traveler

Not Wario
Have you guys thought of the possibility that, perhaps, there are no megatons left to reveal? That all you sacrifice every night is in vain? That these constant reassurances you provide yourselves with are nothing more than foundations for disappointment?

Speevy

Banned
traveler said:
Have you guys thought of the possibility that, perhaps, there are no megatons left to reveal? That all you sacrifice every night is in vain? That these constant reassurances you provide yourselves with are nothing more than foundations for disappointment?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I need a reason to live at 3 AM.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
traveler said:

Don't say such things!

Think of the Pikmin!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Sakurai am jerk confirmed! Not only did he deny us a megaton on this, the most depressing of days, but he chose one of the most controversial and disliked aspects of the game as the content for the update. :lol

Jiggy

-December 3rd begins the 29th week of updates, is the 140th day of updates, and brings us the 169th update overall.

-Friend List is the 20th game mode, further securing the game modes' position as second-most-common update type. Trivia: every one of the last four weeks (this one included) has had at least one game mode update. Two of those four weeks had two game modes each (and of course we aren't far enough into this fourth week yet to know whether we'll also get two this time).

-38 days of updates remain until the Japanese release date.

Edit (thanks Danthrax):
-27 days without a character profile. All of Novembust passed without one, even. :(

VOOK

Firestorm said:
I DIDNT MAKE THIS GUYS

[IM]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/fi123storm/motivator1653377.jpg[/IMG]

Flat out insulting me though is a cheap shot, especially when you don't me.

Oh and its on your Photobucket, fail.

perfectchaos007 said:
Where are these "Smash Boards"?

The ones on gamefaqs?

Smashboards.com

Firestorm

As long as it's not an expensive shot!

God I'm tired. Although I just realized the one on SmashBoards probably isn't you. I should remove that there.

VOOK

Firestorm said:
As long as it's not an expensive shot!

God I'm tired. Although I just realized the one on SmashBoards probably isn't you. I should remove that there.

No I don't post there, I just went there too see the lulz. :p

img_58d7920c22a500f0b23f6945f135f5c6.jpg

:'(

Other than that, onlinebrawling looks pretty smooth. But if you can't see who you are playing against in random matches, does it mean that you can't meet new friends ingame?

NotWii

Banned
I must be the only person who likes these non-megaton updates.

It's interesting to see the changes from Melee and the rationale (like the handicap feature, which I have tried using in SSB/SSBM)

mugwhump

Crushed said:
SMASHBOARDS IS DOWN RIGHT NOW :lol :lol

EDIT: Now it's back up, just very slow.

Also, there is no argument Firestorm. Nintendo says that those who don't use items are fake husks of men, devoid of manliness and fighting spirit. This is a confirmed feature of Super Smash Bros., explicitly stated through an official channel.
Actually, Nintendo doesn't say it. Sakurai, the origonal creator, only said BRAWL FOR ALL, meaning he loves and accepts all of us no matter how we play. Nate perverted Sakurai's message to his disciples and turned it into a manifesto of hatred and noobjuice.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
-December 3rd begins the 29th week of updates, is the 140th day of updates, and brings us the 169th update overall.

-Friend List is the 20th game mode, further securing the game modes' position as second-most-common update type. Trivia: every one of the last four weeks (this one included) has had at least one game mode update. Two of those four weeks had two game modes each (and of course we aren't far enough into this fourth week yet to know whether we'll also get two this time).

-38 days of updates remain until the Japanese release date.

I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't think so...

How long has it been since we got a character? A Poké Ball? What are the five least-common update types? Moar infos! =P

I'd call this a quality update. The only thing I think it's lacking is confirmation of a lobby where you can choose the type of game you're playing, what level, and all the other options.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
look at all the tourney players, having their fragile feelings hurt by the Dojo, now attempting to bite the hand that feeds them.

arent they a cute bunch
6yl2rv4.gif

Jiggy

traveler said:
You know, ordinarily I'm a person who loves possibilities and wants to entertain the thought of them all, which frequently lands me in political, philosophical, theological, social, and economic waters that nary another would dare to swim but would prefer to decry.

But in this case, the idea of having not one more megaton is about as close to an impossibility as I'd call anything at all. Perhaps it's been the last megaton that will appear on the Dojo, but in the game itself there are many bits of news we're all eagerly awaiting, most importantly the rest of the character roster.

Firestorm

JohnTinker said:
look at all the tourney players, having their fragile feelings hurt by the Dojo, now attempting to bite the hand that feeds them.

arent they a cute bunch
6yl2rv4.gif

The other side's an ugly bunch.

And was waiting to see how long it would take someone to realize it was on my photobucket :lol tinypic needs url upload

KevinCow

Banned
Tomorrow's update:

Item Switch

It's the Item Switch! In previous games, you could turn items on and off individually, and change how common items in general were. But now, you can individually change how common each item is.

-Picture-
Notice something that's missing?

That's right! You can no longer turn items completely off!

PetriP-TNT said:
img_58d7920c22a500f0b23f6945f135f5c6.jpg

:'(

Other than that, onlinebrawling looks pretty smooth. But if you can't see who you are playing against in random matches, does it mean that you can't meet new friends ingame?

Hey I just thought of something. Can you use taunts in random matches? Because if you can then one of my taunts will be my friend code and eventually everyone will get the idea and always have their friend code as one of their taunts.

Economan

Danthrax said:
I actually like this update. It's really informative through the stealth updates in the pictures. Yeah, most of it isn't great news -- Smash-specific friend codes, 64 friends total -- but it's at least more informational than "Widescreen Support" or the fact that you can charge up some special moves.

BTW, can anyone translate what the Japanese site has its players saying in this screenshot?

wi-fi03_071203f-l.jpg

Real men don't use items!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom