• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
PetriP-TNT said:
Other than that, onlinebrawling looks pretty smooth. But if you can't see who you are playing against in random matches, does it mean that you can't meet new friends ingame?

You don't need to meet anyone in-game, you've got GAF.

traveler

Not Wario
Speevy said:
http://swdeathstar.tripod.com/luke39.wav

DVader.jpeg

"Search your feelings, you know it to be true!"

perfectchaos007 said:
Hey I just thought of something. Can you use taunts in random matches? Because if you can then one of my taunts will be my friend code and eventually everyone will get the idea and always have their friend code as one of their taunts.

Nope, I don't think you can. "With Friends" only.

KevinCow

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Hey I just thought of something. Can you use taunts in random matches? Because if you can then one of my taunts will be my friend code and eventually everyone will get the idea and always have their friend code as one of their taunts.
You can taunt, but you can't send messages.

And that wouldn't work, anyway.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Economan said:
Danthrax said:
I actually like this update. It's really informative through the stealth updates in the pictures. Yeah, most of it isn't great news -- Smash-specific friend codes, 64 friends total -- but it's at least more informational than "Widescreen Support" or the fact that you can charge up some special moves.

BTW, can anyone translate what the Japanese site has its players saying in this screenshot?
wi-fi03_071203f-l.jpg

Real men don't use items!

Lolz and whatnot, but I seriously wondered if someone could translate that.

Jiggy

Danthrax said:
How long has it been since we got a character? A Poké Ball? What are the five least-common update types? Moar infos! =P
Ah, that's what I forgot. I don't usually give the least-common update types unless the hierarchy has changed since last time, though, which it hasn't. >_> Editing now.

Firestorm

perfectchaos007 said:

That'd be useful if you could taunt in random matches. I don't see the big deal with friend codes. With a 64 player limit, your friend list will definitely be full with people you know either offline or online.

miyuru

It's sorta nice to play without people being racist or whatever.

Still, friend codes is BS. If Smash Bros. couldn't change it, I don't think any game ever will.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Danthrax said:
You don't need to meet anyone in-game, you've got GAF.

Yeh but even then we a bunch of crazy mofo's.

Oh lol Firestorm you image has ended up on 4chan >_>

Economan

DayShallCome said:
Nope, I don't think you can. "With Friends" only.

You know, what's the point of this over-security. I mean, if it's any indication, SSBM was rated T, so SSBB will probably be too. I'm sure they aren't protecting any 'virgin' ears here from vulgar language.

KevinCow said:
You can taunt, but you can't send messages.

And that wouldn't work, anyway.

Well, if you can taunt, and you can use numbers then why wouldn't it work? People want to meet up in random matches and add people. Everyone knows Nintendo is just trying to protect the kiddies from predators anyway with these friend codes. Its time we rise up and beat the system.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
-27 days without a character profile. All of Novembust passed without one, even. :(

The human body can go three days without water and a week without food. But how long can it go without a character update?

KevinCow

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Well, if you can taunt, and you can use numbers then why wouldn't it work? People want to meet up in random matches and add people.
What? No, you can taunt like you can in Melee, but you won't have a speech bubble pop up with anything in it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
perfectchaos007 said:
Well, if you can taunt, and you can use numbers then why wouldn't it work? People want to meet up in random matches and add people. Everyone knows Nintendo is just trying to protect the kiddies from predators anyway with these friend codes. Its time we rise up and beat the system.

When you taunt in a random match there's no comment box alongside it, that's only with friends.

Jiggy37 said:
-December 3rd begins the 29th week of updates, is the 140th day of updates, and brings us the 169th update overall.

-Friend List is the 20th game mode, further securing the game modes' position as second-most-common update type. Trivia: every one of the last four weeks (this one included) has had at least one game mode update. Two of those four weeks had two game modes each (and of course we aren't far enough into this fourth week yet to know whether we'll also get two this time).

-38 days of updates remain until the Japanese release date.

Edit (thanks Danthrax):
-27 days without a character profile. All of Novembust passed without one, even. :(
Thanks for the stats Jiggy! :D

27 days.... :lol

Firestorm

Economan said:
You know, what's the point of this over-security. I mean, if it's any indication, SSBM was rated T, so SSBB will probably be too. I'm sure they aren't protecting any 'virgin' ears here from vulgar language.

I figured it'd be rated E10+ but ESRB rated it T about a month or two ago:
86hwyva.png

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Danthrax said:
I took one for the team (i.e. you) and actually went to 4chan. This link should work: http://zip.4cha=html#8627706

I have to go wash myself and Firefox vigorously now, BRB

Now you have told everyone.

Guys of course we're gonna have shit updates, either that or he stops the blog.

Firestorm

ew 4chan link
smash topic has been soiled

Oh. That pic. But they don't even know the lovable Australian Nintendo-bitterness that is VOOK :(

I'm going to bed now. See you women in the morning.

Jiggy

It's too late for me to want to have it out now, but if you people start up some kind of item debate while I'm gone, tomorrow will be ugly indeed. The Dracula X Chronicles and The Dynastic Hero can wait to be played, but arguing about video games takes precedence over all. It'll be time to earn some enemies.

:D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah I know, I'm sorry guys, I don't know what I was thinking with the 4chan link. Let's... let's just pretend it never happened and move on.

Also, I think Firestorm just accused us of all being tournament elitists who don't use items. There's gotta be one or two people here who would take offense to that =P

Danthrax said:
I actually like this update. It's really informative through the stealth updates in the pictures. Yeah, most of it isn't great news -- Smash-specific friend codes, 64 friends total -- but it's at least more informational than "Widescreen Support" or the fact that you can charge up some special moves.

BTW, can anyone translate what the Japanese site has its players saying in this screenshot?

wi-fi03_071203f-l.jpg

It says the following

First name = Vitamin

Yoroshiku ~ something along the lines of pleased to meet you.

Second name = Poema
furendo to uroku dekita wa~ says soemthing about doing soemthing with a friend/friend. Not sure what Uroku means.

Third name = Nice Guy

Shukudai owatta? IS work over?

Fourth name = Hamo

samui samui 10ji made sobeyo - IT's cold It's cold. Let's play until 10 o clock!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mockingbird said:
It says the following

First name = Vitamin

Yoroshiku ~ something along the lines of pleased to meet you.

Second name = Poema
furendo to uroku dekita wa~ says soemthing about doing soemthing with a friend/friend. Not sure what Uroku means.

Third name = Nice Guy

Shukudai owatta? IS work over?

Fourth name = Hamo

samui samui 10ji made sobeyo - IT's cold It's cold. Let's play until 10 o clock!

Awesome, thanks. It's so noncontroversial, though... I think Treehouse is abusing their localization powers =P

[Edit] Not to supplant Jiggy's statistician "job" but I randomly wondered how many people have posted in this thread. I think this has been done earlier in the thread but whatever, here's the Dec. 3 edition:

1,472 people total have posted in this thread
495 ppl. with 10+ posts (33.6%)
104 ppl. with 100+ posts (7%)
27 ppl. with 300+ posts (1.8%)
4 ppl. with 1,000+ posts (0.2%)

And here's the top 25 posters:

Jiggy37 - 1,771
Zeed - 1,402
ShockingAlberto - 1,043
Firestorm - 1,006
Iam Canadian - 996
SuperAngelo64 - 961
Haunted One - 806
grandjedi6 - 649
CreatureX3 - 632
Linkzg - 540
ant1532 - 489
A Link to the Snitch - 478
MrCheez - 477
Scribble - 451
GamerSoul - 390
Keru_Shiri - 383
superbank - 377
WildArms - 358
crowphoenix - 356
_Alkaline_ - 334
Crushed - 325
Linkhero1 - 320
Insaniac - 316
NeonZ - 314
Dark Ninja - 310

Shinobix

I decided not to post that much here when I made it to the last Top 25 Poster list. Also novembshit didn't give me much to talk about.

I'm really in the top 25? I must have problems if I'm catching up that quickly. Any, I hate the friend code system, but the slant at tourney players is pretty funny. So... Draw!

And we need Zeed back. Boards been too calm since he got banned.

Well, there's obviously a disciple of HATE and UGLY at the Treehouse."Real men use items" ? Whaaa?

Let there be love and peace between the Smash communities! Whether you love using only Pokemon fighters and set Pokeballs to max on Pokemon Stadium 2, or you play using Fox only on Final Destination, no items, it's the same game on the game disk that drew us together in the first place!

Listen to the disciple of peace! BRAWL FOR ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom