• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nero's Laboratory 0 (manhwa)
uAtOS5g.png

Any series that delivers its prologue via a skeletal music group deserves attention. Especially on Halloween.

The story revolves around the love between a midget magician and a beautiful actress, a love which is unceremoniously cut short when the latter is murdered by a jealous suitor. The magician attempts to cast Raise Dead on his deceased waifu, but manages only a partial job which leaves her devoid of memories in a flawed body... and with a giant wind-up key sticking out of her head for some bizarre reason. He vows to restore her to a perfect body, and the curtain falls.

I'd probably read this on the strength of the quasi Tim Burton-esque art style alone, but fortunately the premise seems interesting as well. The manhwa has about 30 chapters out, so I'll wait for the releases to catch up a bit.

Nisekoi 97
uwz1xVu.png

You were this close to the true route and you blew it. gj dude.
Ruri route is DLC.

Also new TLRD is out for any weirdos who're into that kind of thing. I'm too tired to read it now.

He failed to save the town and the villain escaped so I still consider it a loss

Well I guess so, I just expected a beatdown from the fight not like failing to do some external task.

------------------------------------

Une Histoire d'Un Amateur de Friandises END

Well this was an interesting series. Nice use of chocolate as a frame to see into Jean's life and the latter chapters were pretty nice to get on them feels.

After all the free candy I had today at work, I guess I'm glad I'll no longer have a chocolate craving from this series again.

Gintamen

He failed to save the town and the villain escaped so I still consider it a loss
Fairy Tail

Nobody but whirlwindman won, okay even he lost his body.

If they are really that strong as they seemingly are, them waiting for this moment makes zero sense, but I'm okay as long as we don't have to see those chubby legged demons for now.

bigkrev

After all the free candy I had today at work, I guess I'm glad I'll no longer have a chocolate craving from this series again.

We only had 5 people come to the house (we usually get 30ish). We have so much extra candy I am TRYING REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD to not eat.

Does anyone have an insulin shot for me in the morning? I might need it

We only had 5 people come to the house (we usually get 30ish). We have so much extra candy I am TRYING REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD to not eat.

Does anyone have an insulin shot for me in the morning? I might need it

I have prescription steroids for my knee would that help?

TLRD 37
More than the reccomended daily amount of fanservice

Mondaiji 13
Go Maid Team. Though in the end Izayoi saves the day and Maid team goes on break :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
GAF, if you would help me please. I am looking for a manga but for the life of me I can't remember the title. It's Seinen/Romance, IIRC, and it's about a dorky dude who fell in love with a tough girl when he met her during part-time job controlling traffic of some sort for a construction site...? IIRC.

Maybe anyone here has a clue...

d49ITM5.jpg

To Love Ru Darkness 37

Lol pg 16.

Harem king at his finest.

And I guess Rito's gift is improving again if he managed to have in his mouth two breast from different girls.

Itoshi no Karin 02

hedzgIsl.png

Hm, really wonder where this romance is going to go, but I do like how it is starting.

Karin is a lot tougher than you expect her to be but still also adorkable. Well everything is pretty much adorkable here.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ahhh found it. It's SEKITOU ELEGY

Dakkumauji, if you haven't read this, I recommend that you do. This manga is adorkable in its finest, hahaha (though the art is not as... "sweet-looking" as Itoshi no Karin or Shuudan no Kankei)

bigkrev

Itoshi no Karin 02

hedzgIsl.png

Hm, really wonder where this romance is going to go, but I do like how it is starting.

Karin is a lot tougher than you expect her to be but still also adorkable. Well everything is pretty much adorkable here.

Just read. Adorkable is a good word- wasn't awkward or cool enough to call anything else.
She seems wayyyyyy to easy though. Also, has good music taste!

Ahhh found it. It's SEKITOU ELEGY

Dakkumauji, if you haven't read this, I recommend that you do. This manga is adorkable in its finest, hahaha (though the art is not as... "sweet-looking" as Itoshi no Karin or Shuudan no Kankei)

Ah, I remember coming across it. I guess I could give it try someday.

----------------------------------

To Love-Ru Darkness 37

Male clothing is this series must be infused with their bodies. Female clothing must be attached with the flimsiest tape known to man.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
SEKITOU ELEGY

Holy shit 25 chapters in and all this time I always have this HUGE HAPPY GRIN on my face reading this.

The adorkable level from both the main male and female lead is soooooooo high its incredibly infectious. What an incredibly adorable couple.

bigkrev

SEKITOU ELEGY

Holy shit 25 chapters in and all this time I always have this HUGE HAPPY GRIN on my face reading this.

The adorkable level from both the main male and female lead is soooooooo high its incredibly infectious. What an incredibly adorable couple.

Fuck, I guess i'll start this tommorrow

dumbyugi

To Love-Ru Darkness 37

Rito's falling technique continues to improve, both hands on boobs, 2 in his mouth and a hand on his crotch.

SEKITOU ELEGY

Fine, I'll read this soon.

-------------------------------

Tomodachi Login 03

Still a better Saber than the actual Saber.

wonzo

Banned
Tonnura-san 16
I sure wish Tonnura would save me someday… *swoon*

Tonari no Seki-kun 37

If only getting your license was this easy.

Tomodachi Login 3

Three chapters in and this has been one incredibly dull series. Dropped.

Lain

Saki 117-118

Every time I remember where we are in the story, I cry. For a monthly, this moves generally too slow and the page count per chapter is too low.
On the bright side, we're on to the the next match since this time the match concluded way quicker than usual.

Aizo

Banned
I don't really understand why Halloween exists

I thank it for Soul Eater, but that's about it. silly weird holiday

It's my favorite holiday! Do you not like it? I just love the atmosphere of Halloween. Fall is kind of creepy. Everything starts dying, it gets colder, and it just has this distinct feeling about it. Halloween magnifies this and adds candy, scares, costumes, and awesome events! I just love Halloween so much!

It is silly and weird! That's what's so great about it. It's the time of year where people can be their weird selves, and nobody cares. I'm weird year 'round, but it's fun to see others comfortable being a bit odd in public.

upandaway

It's my favorite holiday! Do you not like it? I just love the atmosphere of Halloween. Fall is kind of creepy. Everything starts dying, it gets colder, and it just has this distinct feeling about it. Halloween magnifies this and adds candy, scares, costumes, and awesome events! I just love Halloween so much!

It is silly and weird! That's what's so great about it. It's the time of year where people can be their weird selves, and nobody cares. I'm weird year 'round, but it's fun to see others comfortable being a bit odd in public.
We have a holiday here too that comes around spring, and it's basically halloween, except with none of the scary associations (people can still dress for scary stuff, it's just not limited) and with candy switcheroos (like randomly in a group with big packages of candy) rather than giving candy to kids.
I mean dunno, I don't really see why you'd do something out of gore and zombies and bones and blood, it's weird. And I don't really get the kids knocking on your door thing either, it's weird. I don't get horror either though.

so basically, I'm unwilling to understand anything different from what I grew up with. yay!

Aizo

Banned
We have a holiday here too that comes around spring, and it's basically halloween, except with none of the scary associations (people can still dress for scary stuff, it's just not limited) and with candy switcheroos (like randomly in a group with big packages of candy) rather than giving candy to kids.
I mean dunno, I don't really see why you'd do something out of gore and zombies and bones and blood, it's weird. And I don't really get the kids knocking on your door thing either, it's weird. I don't get horror either though.

so basically, I'm unwilling to understand anything different from what I grew up with. yay!

Honestly, it's less about gore and zombies, and more about campy, traditional scary things. It's just a silly Holiday that's all about fun! Since I grew up in the US, I have fond memories of trick or treating. I think that's why I love Halloween so much. Growing up with it helps, I suppose.

I understand not liking Horror. I, myself, love it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Guys what is the name of that manga with that young lady and that old train attendant?

Shuuden na Kankei!!!!

SEKITOU ELEGY

God, I love the couple so much. Blazing through 48-ish chapters like lightning. The guy is a dork, the girl is awesome and can also be a bit of a dork, and the two of them together is just sooooooooo fucking adorable and hilarious.

It's incredibly refreshing to read stuff like this amongst all the Nisekois and Good Endings or Stupid Towns. I mean, what took Nisekois so many chapters to solve--a fucking goddamn I like/love you confession... actually, it has not even solved yet, hasn't it?---is solved right here in this manga so early and a done deal, just like that. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom