• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka 3

Fuck all things. I have gazed into the heart of Shaft, and there's nothing but darkness there. This movie shouldn't exist, and its existence is just a way of hurting the people who love it most. It's just so fucking- I don't even know where to start. Its stupidity is actively harmful to the fiction and the characters. It's like Adolescence Apocalypse without any of the vision, daring, or understanding of the show it supposedly follows. Bad.

At least the soundtrack was good.

Please, nobody else reward this with your dollars. I should have read the spoilers.

Shit. I was really looking forward to it too.
Might still watch it though cause Im stubborn. I can always deny later.

duckroll

Ghibli is advertising Kaguyahime has "an entertainment blockbuster in production for 8 years, with a production cost of 50 million dollars":

7b1omWK.jpg

sonicmj1

Ghibli is advertising Kaguyahime has "an entertainment blockbuster in production for 8 years, with a production cost of 50 million dollars":

Oh there was a Kaguyahime trailer before Madoka that looked really good. Not as crazy-stylized as the last one, but I love the art and the realism of the animation.

It should keep me from losing all hope in anime.

cajunator

Banned
Oh there was a Kaguyahime trailer before Madoka that looked really good. Not as crazy-stylized as the last one, but I love the art and the realism of the animation.

It should keep me from losing all hope in anime.

Why the hell would you ever lose hope in anime? Its been going strong for decades and shows no sign of stopping.

Learn something new everyday. I remember talking/discussing this with someone and FLCL was brought up so I guess I just assumed that he directed that. It's also very much his style. Maybe it was just him doing the storyboarding that gives off that impression. Lol scratch that accomplishment off his resume.

Anyway I guess TTGL was more an anomaly than anything else.

Edit:Actually I should have remembered this as I was bitching about Enokido in relation to Captain Earth.

You can tell that FLCL wasn't directed by Imaishi because it's good.

I dunno. FLCL/TTGL were pretty childish. But thats a good thing.

FLCL isn't really childish. It's kind of the exact opposite of being childish, actually, given the subject.

Watching Zetsubou Sensei I am reminded that this is one of the few, if not the only, show where upskirts make me laugh out loud. Mostly because it's the same girl and she always says "Wow!"

wonzo

Banned
Samumenco 4

… I'm kinda bummed out we didn't get some kinda training montage. Not even
Flamenco Girl
can make up for it. :(

fertygo

Fate /Zero - 12 (rewatch)
Man this is such a awesome eps, witnessing Kirei downfall (or the opposite lol) to the darkness is great.. love those brainwashing dialogue by Archer.
Just look to this poor man

Fuck this just made me hyped for that ufotable FSN anime :(

Fate /Zero - 13 (rewatch)

Man That chatting between Caster and Ryuunosuke are so hilarious, and oddly accurate..
But let focus to Rider awesomeness

Man, This show prove Chuunibyou (sci-fi/magic flick from manga/VN/whatever) story could be great material for anime too, if the execution is there.. I know most of them not have stellar writing, but even considering that more often than not, the execution for these kind of adaptation also very half-assed .. even if they picking the right title to adapt, its most likely gonna have low budget and low episode count.
Mika Akitaka must have spent his entire creative spirit on that project. In a way, the Build Fighters ED might even sort of be a homage to (or poking fun at ) Gundam Girls, lol.
I always wishes Stardust Memory not have story that so awful, we could have perfect Gundam show :(

/XX/

It would also make some damned fine yuri subtext.
Absolutely, that is always welcome! ;-)

I hope this doesn't become the "8 YEARS HAND-DRAWN" for people to mock over and make unfair comparisons, but seeing the reactions some had to the art style seen on the teasers...

cajunator

Banned
Fate /Zero - 12 (rewatch)
Man this is such a awesome eps, witnessing Kirei downfall (or the opposite lol) to the darkness is great.. love those brainwashing dialogue by Archer.
Just look to this poor man

Fuck this just made me hyped for that ufotable FSN anime :(

Fate /Zero - 13 (rewatch)

Man That chatting between Caster and Ryuunosuke are so hilarious, and oddly accurate..
But let focus to Rider awesomeness

Man, This show prove Chuunibyou (sci-fi/magic flick from manga/VN/whatever) story could be great material for anime too, if the execution is there.. I know most of them not have stellar writing, but even considering that more often than not, the execution for these kind of adaptation also very half-assed .. even if they picking the right title to adapt, its most likely gonna have low budget and low episode count.

I always wishes Stardust Memory not have story that so awful, we could have perfect Gundam show :(

Rider is the reason for the Fate Zero season.

Samurai Flamenco 4

People will probably say the writing was on the wall, but I personally had hopes the show wouldn't take this direction. On top of that, things progress too swiftly and Masayoshi is
subjugated by a Magical Hit-Girl
and Goto sidelined for doing his job. The dialogue and characterizations are still funny, at least, and Masayoshi's evaluation of
Mari's
motives and brand of justice was interesting and more than I expected from the show.

Also lol at
them introducing Flamenco Girl with a warehouse raid rescue that, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Kick Ass ended on.

Madoka 3

Fuck all things. I have gazed into the heart of Shaft, and there's nothing but darkness there. This movie shouldn't exist, and its existence is just a way of hurting the people who love it most. It's just so fucking- I don't even know where to start. Its stupidity is actively harmful to the fiction and the characters. It's like Adolescence Apocalypse without any of the vision, daring, or understanding of the show it supposedly follows. Bad.

At least the soundtrack was good.

Please, nobody else reward this with your dollars. I should have read the spoilers.

I read the spoilers and do you know what the worst part about it is? Major Spoilers below obviously.

That ending originally wasn't going to happen. Urobuchi was pressured into creating an ending that would allow the continuation of the franchise. That's right. The ending was originally going to involve Madoka taking Homura's Soul Gem for a happy ending. But NOPE! We gotta milk this cow! Better make them enemies for a potential second seasonnn!

Still, even with this, I hold out hope that the BD will have an alternate ending bonus scene with that scenario. With Urobuchi's original intentions, that shouldn't be too far out a possibility.

Beyond the Boundary Episode 5
tumblr_mviovvc5fz1s0qo24o2_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mviovvc5fz1s0qo24o4_r1_500.gif

Although the dialogue may sometimes be dull and some of the events a bit drab, at least someone on staff knows how to keep me watching. Handholding and multiple hugging times made it fun.

The action moments are really at their best when its just putting up all the barriers and what not while the blood fitting is kind of nothing unique and always feels like a way to just ride the clock. Not really much to say but Id prefer more of an episode like this instead of that which we got previously.

BluWacky

what is this song about

Some believe the duel songs are purely about atmosphere. I have an interpretation of the Ammonite song that makes it more relevant, but it's spoiler-y so you probably shouldn't read it.

My interpretation?
Saionji wants things to go back to the way they were before - not just to take control of the Rose Bride again (as per his and Anthy's discussion before the duel), but also in terms of his relationship with Touga etc. The lyrics speak of ancient, unevolved things, and going "to the bottom of the sea, to the oceanic me, a grand history where I will be me" - Saionji wants to regress to a simpler time (a "palaeozoic" time, the "palaeozoic within him" in the lyrics being the way he used to be) before his obsessions got the better of him.

With that said, that final cry of "AMMONITE!" will never not be hilarious.

I'd rather say Uchouten Kazoku or Kyousougiga have the stuff to be AOTY.

I'd like to say a Ghibli movie could be in the running, but they've produced such (imho) boring shit these past few years.

Infinite stratos 2 - 05

Ok so this episode was fanservice 200%
New rankings :

Japan
That fox prietess was really cute , so was the animal ears , Cuteness + 40

England
Nice plan , good outflit ( too short ) bonus points for honnesty , Cuteness + 15

FRANCE
Good idea , weak execution , nice goofiness , Cuteness + 10

GERMANY
Meh idea, good execution , cuteness + 10

China
Tsundere temper was nice , not enough time in the spotlight , cutness + 5

Russia
Seduction appeal was a nice bonus, outflit worked , charm + 25

Imouto land
Good costume , excellent angry attitude , nice posture , cuteness + 15 , charm + 10

Ichika
Honnesty + 10 , Dumb attitude +15 ...
"why were they so mad ?" i mean seriously ?

7Th

I posted about this in more detail elsewhere but basically I think Imaishi's sense of humor is puerile, the writing is dumb and it's not what I'm looking for in anime. He directs his shows as if his audience is 13-year-old boys with short attention spans who just entered puberty.

Kill la Kill has by far the most clever writing in the season; and the most attention to detail, too.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'd rather say Uchouten Kazoku or Kyousougiga have the stuff to be AOTY.

I'd like to say a Ghibli movie could be in the running, but they've produced such (imho) boring shit these past few years.

Uchouten will squeak by to like ninth place on the AnimeGAF vote. Kyosogiga won't be in the top twenty.

Predicted AotYs:

1. Attack on Titan
2. Kill la Kill
3. Jojo
4. Valvrave
5. Watamote
6. Wolf Children
7. Gargantia
8. Date a Live
9. Uchoten Kazoku
10. Kiniro Mosaic/Monogatari S2/Free (because DTL will vote for it in all ten spots on his list)

BluWacky

Kill la Kill has by far the most clever writing in the season; and the most attention to detail, too.

As much as I agree with Branduil about Imaishi's juvenile sensibilities, you're absolutely right that the writing is leaps and bounds ahead of pretty much every other anime this season; Nakashima's sense of wordplay and flair for bombastic dialogue is like no other. I guess I just find the motormouth, high octane style to be quite tiring, particularly coupled with Imaishi's childishness.

BluWacky

(sorry for double post, got carried away)

Uchouten will squeak by to like ninth place on the AnimeGAF vote. Kyosogiga won't be in the top twenty.

Predicted AotYs:

1. Attack on Titan
2. Kill la Kill
3. Jojo
4. Valvrave
5. Watamote
6. Wolf Children
7. Gargantia
8. Date a Live
9. Uchoten Kazoku
10. Kiniro Mosaic

Did people actually watch Date A Live (other than A Huge Battleship)? I must have skimmed every single one of those posts after kayos's amusingly vitriolic rants about how it defiled the sacred act of dating.

Otherwise it seems like a plausible list.

Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl

It was OK, I guess. It's very polished, there's some great animation and moments of creative visual direction. Oshima's score is excellent. Using the writing of "Fuse" as a bookend was a nice touch. The problem is that the characters aren't built up enough for the emotional moments with them to be effective. Some of them just come out of nowhere, particularly those dealing with the relationship between Funamushi and Dousetsu. (
It was hinted that they had feelings for each other, but when Dousetsu announced that Funamushi was pregnant I was like, "What? It's that serious already?"
) The central love story between Shino and Hamaji was a little better developed, but still not enough for it to be able to carry the brunt of the narrative burden. The ending confrontation made little sense to me; I get that the theme of being counterfeit comes from the play tradition, but I didn't understand what it had to do with Shino. Perhaps I would if I had read Satomi Hakkenden. And that's disregarding the fantastical hoo-hah going on.

vaiqzgX.jpg

This character reminded me of okama's costume design on Glass Fleet. The shoulder flare is pretty ridiculous.

Also, as nice as the visuals can be, the cartoony, uber-colorful style clashes at times with the gory nature of events. The sequence that took place at night after the play performance avoided this due to more subdued color design, but elsewhere the visuals were suited for something much more light-hearted than what was going on.

FLdPtii.jpg

I was surprised at just how garish it got.

I think the framework was good and could have been really successful had it been more dedicated to character development, but Miyaji isn't skilled enough at storytelling to pull it off. Ultimately forgettable.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Did people actually watch Date A Live (other than A Huge Battleship)? I must have skimmed every single one of those posts after kayos's amusingly vitriolic rants about how it defiled the sacred act of dating.

I feel like it had a lot of conversation during the season that it aired, but maybe that was just a few people talking about it a lot. It's more a random cynical choice to fill a spot on the list that I couldn't think of anything else for :lol

Syrinx

I watched it. Don't know if I'd put it on my AOTY ballot. But I watched it and generally enjoyed it.

Silky

Banned
Something something bara mohawk commando something something actual plot and speculation something something Mako is Mako tier.

Great episode. Time for Samuai Flamingos

cajunator

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 4

People will probably say the writing was on the wall, but I personally had hopes the show wouldn't take this direction. On top of that, things progress too swiftly and Masayoshi is
subjugated by a Magical Hit-Girl
and Goto sidelined for doing his job. The dialogue and characterizations are still funny, at least, and Masayoshi's evaluation of
Mari's
motives and brand of justice was interesting and more than I expected from the show.

Also lol at
them introducing Flamenco Girl with a warehouse raid rescue that, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Kick Ass ended on.

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing when that happened.
The entrance was pretty awesome.

Seriously that guy is on drugs.

I can't in good conscience vote for a movie I haven't seen yet!

Same here. Cant wait to see it for myself.

What are you waiting for?!

A legal way to watch it.

Infinite stratos 2 - 05

Ok so this episode was fanservice 200%
New rankings :

Japan
That fox prietess was really cute , so was the animal ears , Cuteness + 40

England
Nice plan , good outflit ( too short ) bonus points for honnesty , Cuteness + 15

FRANCE
Good idea , weak execution , nice goofiness , Cuteness + 10

GERMANY
Meh idea, good execution , cuteness + 10

China
Tsundere temper was nice , not enough time in the spotlight , cutness + 5

Russia
Seduction appeal was a nice bonus, outflit worked , charm + 25

Imouto land
Good costume , excellent angry attitude , nice posture , cuteness + 15 , charm + 10

Ichika
Honnesty + 10 , Dumb attitude +15 ...
"why were they so mad ?" i mean seriously ?

So France is still the best since she was already the cutest by a wide margin.

Theonik

Maybe so. But being a bad person is one thing; wanting Wolf Children to lose AOTY makes you worse than Hitler.
Wolf Children is too old. I had its chance last year!

I was thinking of watching Hyouka but I forgot nobody is streaming it. Oh well, probably would have dropped it anyway.
Yes it's quite unfortunate.

And here I was hanging out with friends, it'll be the last time!
Traitors the whole lot!

But Valvrave.

Valvvvraavveeeeeeeeeeeee.
I know man. I knoooooooooooooow.

urgh

URGH!

gyan isn't even a gundam its a mobile suit omg

*adjusts glasses*
Happy?

You missed me posting Kurumi pics after she appeared?

Sadden

cajunator

Banned

Damn right I watched it! Im gonna have a bunch of figurines too. Hopefully they even make one of Reine and Mana.

cnet128

Banned

I watched it. It was entertaining enough. Doubt I'd consider it for my AOTY list though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom