• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter IV: 1up/EGM Info (3d graphics, 2d game)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
O BICHO PEGOU PRO NOSSO LADO.
6x8krhf.gif

86yso5t.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
RumFore said:
Wait....what happened? Wand why is "Blogeek" scared of Ziff Davis?
Blogeek was responsible for the leak of the two new screens and bits of information we've been talking about. Ziff Davis is the publisher of EGM, who had those same screens and information as part of their "13-page world exclusive" January edition.

829h1ld.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So the info was true then? I can see them getting mad about the pics, but, who cares. It was two of them, and they weren't that great.

CPS2

Oh god... the site was taken down so people start assuming the info was true...

The site was taken down because EGM has the exclusive.

Wait for confirmation before picking up the pitchfork.

RumFore

Banned
Well it will be ironic they go after that site when basically every damn month there magazine info is leaked here weeks before many subscribers even get there issue.

FooTemps

lol, egm is crying about the internet getting information...

You know, they kinda deserve it for not publishing it right away. Trying to get more issues sold will bite you in the ass these days because well, THE INTERNET.

CPS2

FooTemps said:
lol, egm is crying about the internet getting information...

You know, they kinda deserve it for not publishing it right away. Trying to get more issues sold will bite you in the ass these days because well, THE INTERNET.

HAHA that's so true! Damn their greedy asses not publishing the magazine straight away!

Cry more EGM, that'll teach you for not being the internet!

Jube3

sucks for EGM, cant wait to get my issue. Didn't they have a problem with another issue. Was it their halo exclusive one?

nitewulf

dankir said:
Wow are you even reading what your typing out.

Its Street Fighter 4.... what came before that Street Fighter 3. Therefore by the process of logical deduction IT IS A MAIN Street Fighter game.
did you get my point or no? 3rd strike was a direct sequel to sf2. unlike all that alpha/ex crap. this should have been a direct sequel to 3rd strike and yes, by numerative indication, it is. but by gameplay/art it isnt. it seems like a sidegame than a mainline game.

but unfortunately, you are correct, it IS a main SF game.

The screenshots look okay, but what was the point of the trailer they released a couple of months ago. It kind of built up an expectation that has now failed to deliver. The screenshots look nothing like it.

Also, if it's in a playable state, why not release some video footage?

Grayman

Ultra sounds like it may just be a name for the supers that have more moves than the other supers in them.

Ken SAIII could be defined as an ultra?

CPS2

Monsterland said:
The screenshots look okay, but what was the point of the trailer they released a couple of months ago. It kind of built up an expectation that has now failed to deliver. The screenshots look nothing like it.

Also, if it's in a playable state, why not release some video footage?

Ryu's character model is damn near identical to the trailer, just without the filter.

wtf are they afraid about? ziff davis can bitch and moan all they want but can't do shit to the blog. Info was leaked (as always) and posted by the blog. What a bunch of crybabies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
eXxy said:
Guys, the leaked information was stolen off a foreign EGM FTP.
Thanks for the clarification Patrick. Is Ziff accusing the Brazilian blog of stealing the info though?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
GeoNeo said:
Wait, so the gameplay details they posted were true and stolen off the EGM FTP? Or, just the images.
I'm going to assume BOTH facts and pics are legit until I get my EGM copy and verify for myself.

shoe

"**** you, GAF"
Kaako said:
Thanks for the clarification Patrick. Is Ziff accusing the Brazilian blog of stealing the info though?

Hey guys...I just left this comment on Kotaku's story that's blasting us, but my account's waiting for approval:

Guys, maybe a little journalistic investigating before you blast us? How
about talking to Ziff Davis to get the "full story"? This guy did not get
the information from an "anonymous source." He's a freelancer for EGM Brazil
who finally admitted to them that he did not have a source, but rather,
stole the information from our servers (we have IP logs for this). He used
his working relationship with EGM Brazil, stole a password, and took
information from our story and posted it up before we could.

If one of Kotaku's freelancers stole a password to steal a scoop, would that
be cool? I'd be OK with it if, indeed, he had a source that leaked the
information (I stood up for Kotaku for that very act in last year's Sony
debacle). But that's not what's happened. What he did was just outright
illegal, irresponsible, and is not what journalists are supposed to do.

Please, next time, before blasting us...maybe get the other side of the
story?

So yes, we have IP-logged proof and a confession that this guy stole our story. We also know this because he had info directly from the EGM story, without an actual copy of the issue in hand (he was able to read the story and translate it from our servers via the password he stole). That's why we went after him. It wasn't because he scooped us with his own investigative reporting.

I'm really disappointed Kotaku didn't bother to get any facts first before publishing the story.

Top Bottom