• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter IV: 1up/EGM Info (3d graphics, 2d game)

Atomspike said:
sfex2.jpg

lol @ Gief, Chun & Guile

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:
yeah i dont know why people think DLC and microtransactions are inherently bad..

What will you think if/when they start charging for extra stages and fighters?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kintaro said:
What will you think if/when they start charging for extra stages and fighters?

Id rather pay a couple bucks for a new stage or character if I decide to then be forced to pay 40-60 dollars for an updated version on disc.

Kintaro

haunts said:
Id rather pay a couple bucks for a new stage or character if I decide to then be forced to pay 40-60 dollars for an updated version on disc.

Eh, no thanks on my end. We'll be paying $60 and more money for fighters. I personally don't like that prospect. For free? Sure. Charging for it? No thanks. What happens if you try to play someone who has a fighter that you don't? Will it register? Can you play them then? Etc, etc.

ant1532

Banned
Reading the EGM cover story on it stopped all my worries and made me realize how ridiculous the overreaction was. The game isn't even coming out next year. Ono said it might even come out in 2010! The game has so much damn time. I do think it was there fault showing it this early. They should've held it till next year to show off.

ant1532 said:
Reading the EGM cover story on it stopped all my worries and made me realize how ridiculous the overreaction was. The game isn't even coming out next year. Ono said it might even come out in 2010! The game has so much damn time. I do think it was there fault showing it this early. They should've held it till next year to show off.

'_' I want it now

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
ant1532 said:
Japanese companies will show incomplete screenshots so you can see how much the game will have improved by the time it has released. American companies tend to use renders to hide the poor quality of their early work. I'm generalizing, but this holds true in many instances.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
so i noticed gametap is running their latest ads as what are essentially ads for street fighter 2. everyone's catching on to the hype

Kintaro

ant1532 said:

The reaction was fine. If you show it this early, you take what you get. Definitely should have kept their mouths shut on this game if it's actually THAT far out. Dyack nods in silent approval.

Kintaro said:
Eh, no thanks on my end. We'll be paying $60 and more money for fighters. I personally don't like that prospect. For free? Sure. Charging for it? No thanks. What happens if you try to play someone who has a fighter that you don't? Will it register? Can you play them then? Etc, etc.
I don't think we'll have to worry about downloadable content that much from Capcom. Every new piece of content they've released for their 360 games (minus the gamer pictures and themes naturally) is free by now, so I don't think that's going to change with Street Fighter IV. And if they're going to release new stages and (completely) new characters, then I think they're going to wait until they've made a worthwhile revision and sell it as one package.

Online normally shouldn't be a problem either, because if they're smart enough, they'd just add another filter option somewhere.

Jirotrom

MicVlaD said:
I don't think we'll have to worry about downloadable content that much from Capcom. Every new piece of content they've released for their 360 games (minus the gamer pictures and themes naturally) are free by now, so I don't think that's going to change with Street Fighter IV. And if they're going to release new stages and (completely) new characters, then I think they're going to wait until they've made a worthwhile revision and sell it as one package.

Online normally shouldn't be a problem either, because if they're smart enough, they'd just add another filter option somewhere.
I was just about to post this, capcom hasn't milking like lets say... Namco.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hey when the heck are we supposed to see more of this game? Any reason why they would show just a couple of screens? Where are the videos?

ant1532

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Hey when the heck are we supposed to see more of this game? Any reason why they would show just a couple of screens? Where are the videos?
Next month videos of what the guys at 1UP are supposed to come out. The reason they showed a couple of screens of the same thing is because thats all there was! They only things they had playable for the press was one stage(Chun Li's) and 4 playable characters (which only Ryu and Ken were anywhere near somewhat good looking) Ono said the game is only 2 percent complete. The videos coming out are going to be more of the same but we will get to see it a normal gameplay view finally and see how it plays(and it does already play at 60 fps)

It would mean 100 characters and 50 stages if Ryu and Ken were both 100% complete, which they probably aren't. Balance, hit boxes etc. Getting two models to move and be controllable at all at 2% of development sounds about right.

Kintaco

ant1532 said:
Direct sequel to Street Fighter 2010 confirmed?

jarrod

Banned
ant1532 said:
Agreed... the interview actually has me pretty hopefull. I wouldn't mind DarkStalkers 4 down the line either, like Ono hinted..

MisterHero

Alaluef said:
Also from the Capcom Design Works artbook:

sexyryu.jpg

Ryu only having one gi, confirmed. ;-)
The reason that Ryu's midsection looked 'tight' in that first SFIV screenshot was because it shrunk in the wash.

lets say somebody has never played street fighter 3, but loved all versions of street fighter 2 as well as alpha 1 and 2

what would be the best or cheapest way for him to get it?

im guessing the anniversary collection on ps2 but no eb/gs in my area have it

i have every system from genesis on except xbox and my 360 died waiting on the repair

Grayman

GodfatherX said:
lets say somebody has never played street fighter 3, but loved all versions of street fighter 2 as well as alpha 1 and 2

i have every system from genesis on except xbox and my 360 died waiting on the repair
is buying online not an option? Anniversary collection would be the way to go.

GodfatherX said:

Anniversary will be the easiest way to play it. There are tons of new PS2 ones on ebay for ~$25, I do believe the xbox version is backwards compatible on the 360 but you should have a stick or a controller with a non shit d-pad to go with that option.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
'_' I want it now
Well, Super SFII HD Remix should help keep the anguish over the wait in check, amirite? :D

On a storyline-releated note, in SFA3, the fate of Juni, Juli, and the other Dolls was up in the air after the events in the game. Wouldn't it make some sense for that bit to be revisited in SF4 to tie up some loose ends?

Top Bottom