• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter IV: 1up/EGM Info (3d graphics, 2d game)

ShinAmano

bob_arctor said:
2 big beasts slugging it out like savages is a pretty damn good reason. Also, why have Akuma or Ken when you have Ryu? ;-)

*prays for Hugo*
I would also Love to see hugo Gief battles...I fear this will not happen though :(

Orobi

i7970_001.jpg

KingJ2002

in terms of the character roster... i have a good feeling we'll have the returning cast consisting of many of the original fighters... im expecting a somewhat big roster... like 16 playable characters at start... and about 4-6 of them are new fighters.

with many fan favorites as downloadable characters...

Dali

ShinAmano said:
I was thinking more the Alex, Makoto, Ibuki, Elena route...because I agree you don't need too many similar styles...but I still think 20+...

20+ is just insane. This is the first iteration of an unproven game (in a way of thinking) using all new assets. Maybe by the fourth revision or after DLC we'll be up that high, but being released with 20+ isn't going to happen.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
some how i think we already know how many characters will be in there, hear me out....so we have Ryu and Ken... the game is at 2% done and we know of one stage...and... errr... someone help me out here, im horrible at algebra..

ShinAmano

Dali said:
20+ is just insane. This is the first iteration of an unproven game (in a way of thinking) using all new assets. Maybe by the fourth revision or after DLC we'll be up that high, but being released with 20+ isn't going to happen.
Probably right, but all the same that is what I would like to see...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think they should pimp out the character roster personally. With Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 coming out next year, SF4 will need to bring some heat. Name alone won't work IMO.

Hunter D

Kintaro said:
I think they should pimp out the character roster personally. With Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 coming out next year, SF4 will need to bring some heat. Name alone won't work IMO.
I remember someone at capcom saying that if they ever made a serious 3d fighter namco fighters wouldn't matter anymore. I feel sorry for namco.

Kintaro

Hunter D said:
I remember someone at capcom saying that if they ever made a serious 3d fighter namco fighters wouldn't matter anymore. I feel sorry for namco.

:lol Itagaki work for Capcom now?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kintaro said:

Ehh... I think the hype for SF4 is in another league though. People will play it even it was just 4 characters.

mushy45

as a sfII fan this wasnt wat i i wanted speaking a fan jus give us hi res 2d but this is a cost n time thing capcom jus dont want to draw its too xpensive compare to 3d

Kintaro

haunts said:
Ehh... I think the hype for SF4 is in another league though. People will play it even it was just 4 characters.

You think so? It's hard to gauge any hype for this game considering the screens and the lack of knowing much of anything about the game. I don't think there's any real hype for this yet. It's not like Tekken or SC are lesser known titles either. Especially with how good Soul Calibur 4 is looking. Goodness.

Competition is good though. All 3 will be online playable I can assume...so, they're competing for your dollar. =D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kintaro said:
You think so? It's hard to gauge any hype for this game considering the screens and the lack of knowing much of anything about the game. I don't think there's any real hype for this yet. It's not like Tekken or SC are lesser known titles either. Especially with how good Soul Calibur 4 is looking. Goodness.

Competition is good though. All 3 will be online playable I can assume...so, they're competing for your dollar. =D

I just assume anyone who plays Tekken or SC4 are going to give SF4 a shot at some point. The same cant be said for the other way around though. SF4 will pull a lot of people out of the wood work, then the cross overs from other games, 2d and 3d, will be huge.

Tr4nce

mushy45 said:
as a sfII fan this wasnt wat i i wanted speaking a fan jus give us hi res 2d but this is a cost n time thing capcom jus dont want to draw its too xpensive compare to 3d

Punctuation my friend. Punctuation.

Jirotrom

Kintaro said:

If they all come out next year, it will be the year of the fighters... no fps junk. SC4 Tekken6, Smash Brawl, SF4, SSF2HD, NG, and DMC4. I threw in the last 2 because they are good enough.

Kintaro

Jirotrom said:
If they all come out next year, it will be the year of the fighters... no fps junk. SC4 Tekken6, Smash Brawl, SF4, SSF2HD, NG, and DMC4. I threw in the last 2 because they are good enough.

I'd much prefer the year of the fighters over the year of the FPS. :D

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
mushy45 said:

What the hell does this even mean!?

Jirotrom said:
I hope we get VF5 ver. D or the rumoured VF5 EVO + online play for both 360 and PS3 as well.

yurinka

Tenbatsu said:
Are all those works by Daigo?
Yes, according to the sites IMDB, Arcade History, Moby games, Insert Credit and the artbooks Street Fighter Eternal Challenge and Capcom Design Works Early Days.

I'm asking for another works, or if it have some mistake, etc.

haunts said:
yes yes yes
It's a shame PS3 owners have no truly excellent online fighting games aside from T5DR.

Then again, 360 only has SFAC and VF5. The rest I could either take or leave, or they have terrible netcode, like GGXX#R and CvS2.

_dementia said:
Then again, 360 only has SFAC and VF5. The rest I could either take or leave, or they have terrible netcode, like GGXX#R and CvS2.
I didn't run into much lag with CvS2, seemed to use the same netcode as SF:AC's far as I noticed. GGX2's sadly was horrible though.

LiK

i hate Ryu's new face, he looks like he's crosseyed. i'm scared that the girls will look just as fugly too, ah well...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
It's a shame PS3 owners have no truly excellent online fighting games aside from T5DR.

yeah at the same time i dont really care about playing those games online. i feel like i get more out of irl sessions with good players, even if they are few n far between..

jarrod

Banned
_dementia said:
I hope we get VF5 ver. D or the rumoured VF5 EVO + online play for both 360 and PS3 as well.
I hope we get the option to download them on 360 actually. They already did it with PSU anyway.

That's one reason I don't mind the "microtransaction" comments about SF4... I'd much rather download Super/Turbo style updates than buy a new disc.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
jarrod said:
I hope we get the option to download them on 360 actually. They already did it with PSU anyway.

That's one reason I don't mind the "microtransaction" comments about SF4... I'd much rather download Super/Turbo style updates than buy a new disc.

yeah i dont know why people think DLC and microtransactions are inherently bad..

Grayman

haunts said:
It would be interesting with 4 characters. New players or casuals might play at a higher level compared to having a roaster of 16-20.

Capcom, release a demo when the game is 6% done!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I thought there was no air blocking in this game?

If you look at the screen shot on page 66, Ryu is in the air blocking a shoryuken from Ken.

GrayFoxPL

sykoex said:
I thought there was no air blocking in this game?

If you look at the screen shot on page 66, Ryu is in the air blocking a shoryuken from Ken.

I posted about it and someone said that it's not block but lk in the air. I still find it hard to believe because not even a toe is in attack position. Maybe it's a wierd frame thou.

I just hope there will be different knockdown animations for every character like in 2d games and not universal and sucky like in EX. And I saw one screenshot when Ryu got hit by Shoryuken in the air and the hitback looks exactly like in EX. :(

But fuck that, will there be car ripping bonus round? There has to be.

Edit: The words, they did nothing.

GrayFoxPL

Aeris130 said:
Not if the manufacturers refuse to have their models smashed in public.
Hurr

Hope we'll be able to waste Mercedess S-class and not some Hyundai Sonata. That would be waste of punches...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
killin' cars is why I started to like SF. Can't have none o' dat car-less shit like SF3 again!

mushy45 said:

I just felt like quoting this.

It's like finding a Rosetta stone that no one cares about. I know he's talking about street fighter, I just need to find the cypher...

Top Bottom