• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
It takes me so much less time to read a manga though.

If its adaptation isn't a long series, then it's fine. Although, it's mostly the idea that it will end. I can't keep adding series that I have to keep following up on. I don't have very good time management skills, and I really don't have all that much free time. I am trying to do my future self a favor. Haha.
I doubt anyone has noticed, but I'm posting far less manga reactions lately... Timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nisekoi 98
uN446ot.png
I hope to get regular use out of this image as the series progresses.

Spoilers:
It'll never progress.

Senyuu. Vol.2 5

Of course, that left hand must be sealed etc etc.

Rin-ne 154

That bar of gold gets around.

Yumekuri 12-2

How to pick Yuzu 101.

Lain

The Breaker: New Waves 136

Too short as usual, but the fight was intense and I wonder how the situation that came to be will be solved. Shioon will have to do something to stop it.

wonzo

Banned
Raubritter 1-7 END

From the author of Cirque Arachne comes a rather lewd Yuri tale involving a young girl looking for her older sister, two older women who help girls they want to have their way with, and an incredibly high-class S&M club. *thumbsup*

Acid08

Banned
Raubritter 1-7 END

From the author of Cirque Arachne comes a rather lewd Yuri tale involving a young girl looking for her older sister, two older women who help girls they want to have their way with, and an incredibly high-class S&M club. *thumbsup*
Ya I thought this was pretty good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man the normal translation of SnK 51 makes it wayyyyyyyyyyyy different. I actually understood what the fuck was happening. But still, its kind of....odd.

Monster Musume Vol.01

KzCT5sul.jpg

Well this is just your normal harem series just with monster girls. So normal harem antics with the made of steel protag, which is exactly what needs to be in order to survive all that he goes through.

It's funny and I guess I'm interested to see how exactly will he survive the possibility of actually marrying one of them.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 47

Super :DTL.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 48

Of course! Study with the girl! How obvious.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 49

Yeah, he couldn't even do that.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 50

Lol, all reindeer party. Also, that kiss is never going to happen.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 51

Haha, that song selection.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 52

Haha, that author commentary right in the middle of the chapter.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 53

Oh god, just marry the manga girl already.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 54

This series...

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 55

A samurai side-story. Eh.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 56-58

Meh. This arc is pretty boring. The recaps are the best parts as usual.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Real Clothes 37

wyAo7oT.png

I'm not sure if I would eat something called a sea squirt.

Man I love this series. Such a charming exploration on the philosophy of work and teamwork in this chapter.

edit: would you eat this?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This whole arc failed because I could never take Obito seriously. The forced parallelism that Kishimoto uses in everything in this series ruins the entire manga. Naruto somehow relates to every villain he beats down because they were like him except something happened and they turned to the dark side and he talks shit and suddenly the bad guy is no longer evil zzzzzzzzzzz. I like villains like Hidan and Kakuzu those guys were just evil period, no way TnJ would've worked on those two.

Huh?

How did it taste like?

I do want to try some rocky mountain oysters someday though.

The penis is chewy. The testes actually tastes like an egg.

Both were fried, although it's usually made as a soup in my region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_Number_Five

Akame Ga Kiru

THIS is how I want Shingeki No Kyojin to be. While it's obvious that some characters will be protected by plot armor there's deaths that don't feel meaningless.

Not to mention that there's light hearted moments peppered throughout the manga. Problem with Shingeki No Kyojin (and Gantz for that matter) is that it's so fucking negative most of the time that you just don't feel the needed tension when something bad happens. It keeps the pace of the story much more readable.

Aizo

Banned
The Town Where A Dad Won't Let His University Student Daughter Have a Little Fun - Vol. 17
Did we really need a volume about Eba's dad stopping them from having sex? Are dads that are this nosy common? Shiiiiit. I would hope that most parents wouldn't make their kids stay chaste at this age. It's just insanity. Seo must believe it's very difficult for two people in a relationship to have sex because they're trying too hard to not be succeeding.

Other than the new asshole father arc, my complaints are the same. Blah blah blah bad writing blah harem blah blah Seo blah blah blah blah terrible characters blah. Not an awful volume, but it's still lightyears away from good.

MrSerrels

Ippo
I think the wise thing for the manga here would be some sort of squash match.

How good would it be if Ippo takes a couple of hits here, gets inside and absolutely destroys this dude. It would give readers the belief that maybe Ippo could beat Martinez. Then the hype for that match would be astronomical.

But no way it happens. This is Ippo.

G.ZZZ

The Town Where A Dad Won't Let His University Student Daughter Have a Little Fun - Vol. 17
Did we really need a volume about Eba's dad stopping them from having sex? Are dads that are this nosy common? Shiiiiit. I would hope that most parents wouldn't make their kids stay chaste at this age. It's just insanity. Seo must believe it's very difficult for two people in a relationship to have sex because they're trying too hard to not be succeeding.

Other than the new asshole father arc, my complaints are the same. Blah blah blah bad writing blah harem blah blah Seo blah blah blah blah terrible characters blah. Not an awful volume, but it's still lightyears away from good.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

fertygo

Ippo
I think the wise thing for the manga here would be some sort of squash match.

How good would it be if Ippo takes a couple of hits here, gets inside and absolutely destroys this dude. It would give readers the belief that maybe Ippo could beat Martinez. Then the hype for that match would be astronomical.

But no way it happens. This is Ippo.

You actually find scenario that more boring than the manga usually pull, congrats.

Articalys

By the way, it seems that the latest Nisekoi chapter also announced the start of a second character popularity poll with what looks to be a Nov. 30 deadline. Not sure when they'll print the results, though.

As a reminder, the order of the top five the first time around was Onodera, Chitoge, Tsugumi, Marika, then Ruri. How might things change this time, I wonder?

Magical Gosamjeu (manhwa) 0

"Mom. Dad. I'm... actually a magical girl."

Only a prologue out so far (for both the translations and the original manhwa), but it's enough to make me take notice of it. Need something for my recent magical girl deficiency.

Akito

By the way, it seems that the latest Nisekoi chapter also announced the start of a second character popularity poll with what looks to be a Nov. 30 deadline. Not sure when they'll print the results, though.

As a reminder, the order of the top five the first time around was Onodera, Chitoge, Tsugumi, Marika, then Ruri. How might things change this time, I wonder?
Onodera will be on top again and Haru will be somewhere up there as well
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Akito

I don't even know why Nesikoi is popular. That is a horrible series, even by herem standards.
It has cute art. And maybe I haven't read enough harem manga but I'm not sure if Nisekoi is significantly dumber than the genre's standards.

Wiseblade

It has cute art. And maybe I haven't read enough harem manga but I'm not sure if Nisekoi is significantly dumber than the genre's standards.
It's completely by the numbers. Half of the time, you can chart out the entire chapter from the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom