• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

It's completely by the numbers. Half of the time, you can chart out the entire chapter from the first page.
Which is quite par for the course for harem stories as far as I can tell. Same for the dim-witted MC and glacial pacing most of the time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Town Where A Dad Won't Let His University Student Daughter Have a Little Fun - Vol. 17
Did we really need a volume about Eba's dad stopping them from having sex? Are dads that are this nosy common? Shiiiiit. I would hope that most parents wouldn't make their kids stay chaste at this age. It's just insanity. Seo must believe it's very difficult for two people in a relationship to have sex because they're trying too hard to not be succeeding.

Other than the new asshole father arc, my complaints are the same. Blah blah blah bad writing blah harem blah blah Seo blah blah blah blah terrible characters blah. Not an awful volume, but it's still lightyears away from good.
Seo believes its a) normal for adults to be too shy to fuck each other and b) that nobody ever uses birth control.

bigkrev

I don't even know why Nesikoi is popular. That is a horrible series, even by herem standards.

You can skip a bunch of chapters and have missed nothing. It's just a super safe type of manga that isn't really represented in Jump much anymore.

Lain

Alice in Hell vol 3
tuz.jpg

Volume starts a bit comically, with Alice still being crazy for milk, then it devolves in a questioning by 3 topless girls of Galma, where they are pissed of he doesn't have a hard-on for them. When Galma reveals that he only likes 40 years old women, the girls get pissed off so they get on top of him and start shitting on his face.
Thanks based Jiro.

Anyways, the volume finally explains why he was so interested in getting and dismantling the dolls and after the information is revealed, it spells shit for Shu and Alice's future.
At the same time, we get to see Shu's past. Shu was fucked up in the head even before losing his father and going by how the volume ends I can't see anything nice happening (especially based on everything shown and established in the story) and that would compound why he's so deeply fucked up in the head.

scy

One Outs [END]

What's troubling you? The ending is a little rushed, but I think it's still pretty clear. Care to explain your doubts?

It's more just the fact that the final game was ... well, nothing. Like, the last chapter just starts with "well, here's them winning it." Which I guess was kind of the point: That they focused so much on beating Tokuchi that they missed that the rest of the team could beat them. Showing the game wasn't anything by that point.

It was just the transition from 167 to 168 that made me go "Wait ... what?"

One Outs
It was just the transition from 167 to 168 that made me go "Wait ... what?"
Yes, I see what you mean. Unfortunately the last ten or so chapters lacks the usual subtleties we saw during the rest of the series. It just run towards the inevitable ending without building up the tension we were used to. The birth of the "super" Mariners was the "jumping the shark" moment for OO, even though it still had it moments after that event.

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru 09

The inner turmoil of the main character and his brother complex is way more interesting than going to a love hotel.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatte Iru. LN V1ch3

The cookie part of this with the cooking scene was way too hilarious. Yukinoshita comes out way too mean in this and I always end up having to side with Hikki, too easy to relate with at times.

Imagining him grinning at times is funny.

LeleSocho

Banned
I saw a streaming of the Card Captor Sakura vg for psx and made me have a CCS itch so i read a review of the manga and it was full of deep stuff that my teenager mind probably didn't get so now i will re-read it to see if the reviewer was mental or not.

tl;dr
I am re-reading Card Captor Sakura.
J2hhYlS.png

Birdmen 5

This needs to be animated, every since they awoke and used their wings its been phenomenal. Takamiya is the best and his full body stripping to cool transformation was quite exciting and hype inducing. Cant wait to see what cool things are in store as the creatures from the Blackout become a point of focus.

No Breathing 3

I guess they didnt want to split it into two chapters so we had an intense race and hilarious training in one. Entertaining and intense and makes me wis we had more swimming series.

dumbyugi

FTFY
Jesus, that was probably the worst thing I've seen/heard this week. It might be able to compete with the first German Naruto opening in terms of suckiness.

When Cartoon Network was airing Naruto here in Australia some years back they, for some reason, used this opening. They used the normal english dub but some of the violence was censored as well.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nine Schools Competition 1

Yes the arc I most wanted to see (and surprised that they are also serializing Yokohama at the same time), in manga form done. Skip most of the dialogue as I already know the story from the LN and its just regurgitating everything in shorter format and etc, but regardless, I cant wait to see Monolith Code and a few other events. Leo looks so happy always, and Tatsuya was funny in that king outfit with the results of Theory Exam shown. And was that Crimson Prince there? Hyped.

Akito

Tell the truth this is some kind of youtube guy that has wrote his own lyrics right? there's no way this is actually what it was aired.
Haha, I knew that someone would react like this. As dumbyugi can confirm, this is sadly an official version, the fact that somebody got paid to produce this crap is still hilarious to me.

When Cartoon Network was airing Naruto here in Australia some years back they, for some reason, used this opening. They used the normal english dub but some of the violence was censored as well.
I doubt it was as bad as this though lol

cj49msgmm6bxhjtc0.jpg

dumbyugi

Haha, I knew that someone would react like this. As dumbyugi can confirm, this is sadly an official version, the fact that somebody got paid to produce this crap is still hilarious to me.

I doubt it was as bad as this though lol

cj49msgmm6bxhjtc0.jpg

It was exactly that. Other things like the giant-ass shuriken sticking out of Ikura's back in ep1 were erased as well.

Cerity

Oh geez, this I didn't know. Good thing I didn't bother with the morning cartoons when it was airing I guess.

Akito

It was exactly that. Other things like the giant-ass shuriken sticking out of Ikura's back in ep1 were erased as well.
Ah well, I really forgot that Australia is just as badly off as Germany or even worse when it comes to censoring violence.

Haha, lazy censoring.

Not sure if it tops YuGiOh's whole hands up, we got fingers pointed at you!
Never watched any of the anime which were edited by 4Kids but I've always admired them for their creativity and arbitrariness when it comes to censorships lol

cj4a9t55nt5n8t7pc.jpg

I don't even

Never watched any of the anime which were edited by 4Kids but I've always admired them for their creativity and arbitrariness when it comes to censorships lol

cj4a9t55nt5n8t7pc.jpg

I don't even

4Kids were absolutely terrified of I guess anything non English to show up in anime to the point they somehow convinced the animators for Pokemon to make up their own language so they could stop having to edit out everything, lol.

Not to mention their silly censorship of rice balls and Japanese food.

On the note of finger guns:

dumbyugi

Oh geez, this I didn't know. Good thing I didn't bother with the morning cartoons when it was airing I guess.

Ah well, I really forgot that Australia is just as badly off as Germany or even worse when it comes to censoring violence.

The weird thing is that they only did this until around the forest of death stuff. Then they started airing the normal English version with no censorship and whenever they've re-arired the earlier episodes it's been the normal uncensored version. They also aired an entire Naruto movie in Japanese with no subtitles once, then re-aired it the next week in English.

EDIT: This is still the best/worst 4kids edit:
BmTwhFX.jpg

The weird thing is that they only did this until around the forest of death stuff. Then they started airing the normal English version with no censorship and whenever they've re-arired the earlier episodes it's been the normal uncensored version. They also aired an entire Naruto movie in Japanese with no subtitles once, then re-aired it the next week in English.

BmTwhFX.jpg

I still laugh and then facepalm when i see this pic.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

BmTwhFX.jpg

I like to think this is the point where 4Kids realized "Oh crap, we're stuck with this". Either that or Zoro vs. Mihawk, or Bellemere's death.
"Oh god this is too violent! Shit, we need to make money off this somehow! We need to get to Brown Pikachu so we can sell toys!" "You mean Chopper sir?" "I know what I said! Skip episodes! I don't care if they're canon!"

I don't even

I never noticed until now that they removed all the words on the magazines as well. Even the one that says New York.

They made edits like this because they wanted to be the worldwide distributor of the shows they licensed. The argument was that making edits like that would make the editing process easier for, like, German and Spanish dubbers.

Aizo

Banned
Why are you doing this to yourself?

It was on a day just like this, 17 weeks ago. The enigmatic Mr. Acid08 was doing a read through the sinister Necronomicon series known as Kimi no Iru Machi. A dark interest awoke within me. I wanted to see for myself how evil this fictional story could truly be. I attempted to create a band of like minded adventurers to take on this beast. In the end, only myself and Sir Big Krev were up to the challenge. I told him that such a dark deed is in need of a solid agreement; we would do this together, or die together. I suggested a blood pact, and told him that he could no longer back out. We agreed to start our expedition at dawn. I began just as the sun started to rise. I made it through the first book, and was not truly filled with rage. I looked to the base camp of NeoGAF for my cohort, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Hours passed, but he was still nowhere to be seen. I trusted my companion, though, so I decided to move on without him. I read on. Sentences turned into pages, pages into chapters, chapters into volumes, but I still saw no sign of my blood oath comrade. I was waiting only volumes up the Rage Mountain, but it felt like I had been climbing for much longer. I spotted Krev! I yelled out to him, "I'll wait here! Try to catch up soon!" Unfortunately, it was too much for him. He solemnly cried out to me, "I read one volume... Ehhh... I don't think I can do this." I screamed with all my strength, "Krev! We made a blood oath! You can't turn back! Don't you know what will happen if you turn back?!"

Ever since, I've been shouldering this burden alone. I don't do it because I want to, but because I must, for the memory of our oath. It's been 17 weeks since he and I spoke. I may never forgive him, but I am glad that he needn't see the horrors that I've witnessed.

Since I could find no one else, and had little faith that I could still complete this task alone, I turned to a few friends. They were ecstatic. We made up a schedule to conquer Rage Mountain at the rate of one volume per week. We feared that if we went faster than this, we may quickly turn to alcohol to comfort us from the madness we may encounter due to the monster we endeavored to face. Every week, we get a bit closer. Every week, we feel a bit weaker. Every week, I curse my past self for ever considering this execrable idea. One day, though, we shall reach the top of Rage Mountain, and it is there that we shall slay the festering mass of tendrils and destruction known as Seo.

scy

Last Game 20 - CLIFFHANGER NO WHY. Man, new girl is kind of annoying, Souma getting screentime always sucks since it detracts from the main pair. That said, hey, maybe this will further--oh who the fuck am I kidding.

Donyatsu

Finally caught up to the latest chapter....I cant believe im hooked into a series where the main characters are donut shaped....uh..living things. Welp, guess Im sticking to the end, wanna know what is happening with this world where donuts are only living race.

Oumagadoki Zoo 01-29

qUcnoyc.png

No confidence girl becomes the zookeeper of a run down zoo that's run by a cursed director who can turn the animals into beasts or whatever.

It's ok. It's an average battle shounen but basically uses animal knowledge so that's pretty interesting at least. The first real arc was pretty good though, but the arc where the translations end kinda feels more of the same at this point.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The crunchy roll manga service would be great if their reader doesn't suck.

Just make it an image on the page and don't box it in. As it is the image is too small on my browser.

Is the mobile app any better?

I might subscribe to it though. Interested in UQ holder, Shingeki no Kyojin, fort of apocalypse, coppelion, and maybe I'll finally get around to reading space brothers. Though there doesn't seem to have much else I really want to read.

Lain

Oumagadoki Zoo 01-29

qUcnoyc.png

No confidence girl becomes the zookeeper of a run down zoo that's run by a cursed director who can turn the animals into beasts or whatever.

It's ok. It's an average battle shounen but basically uses animal knowledge so that's pretty interesting at least. The first real arc was pretty good though, but the arc where the translations end kinda feels more of the same at this point.

All in all I liked it.
I didn't find the end to be anything out of the ordinary, even a bit disappointing if I'm remembering correctly, but as a growing up story of a main girl with no confidence, it was good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom