• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

Wow, just found out my Electronic Engineering lecturer went on my universities Anime/manga facebook page to give away manga.

"Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Black Magic, Lone Wolf and Cub"

Surprisingly good taste.

Nisekoi: False Love 97
tumblr_mw2kx2fJhV1qbxqfpo1_250.png

So glad thats over, such a tease and a waste of time, but Raku had two great faces big eyes at the end and the one above.

DTL real question why do you read Nisekoi just cause its in US jump? A series about a bunch of girls who want a guys d doesn't seem like your kind of manga

Its in viz jump and Raku and Shu are nice character designs and Onodera is not that bad for a female character in Jump, so she provides some entertainment. I do experience the occasional normal harem every now and then just for seeing the type of stories that are out there, if only they all could be as entertaining as kore wa zombie...

Maken-Ki 56
They are really trying to stretch out this fight. What's going to happen first, almost everybody is out of commission or they do a chapter on the two of them charging up

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kyou Kara Ore Wa v5

D'awwwwww

Mitsuhashi continues to be one of the most glorious jerks of all time.

He's a jerk with a heart of gold though. Well, a small part of his black heart is gold, and it's incredibly fleeting, but it's there.

Shirogane no Nina 01

This definitely has feel good written all over it.

Nina is pretty adorable and I can see Shutaro learning from her and vice versea.

Antiwhippy

No doubt, Riko is enchanted by hime for some reason but what gets me every time is how small the said part is lol

Also whenever he does show it he plays it off as him being petty as much as he can.

He's such a fun character in that way.

Village

I know I am late the the party.

But I read a crap ton of Nesikoi today, that is so... bad. Is bad the right word, I no no that manga is flimsy its so flimsy it pisses me off.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After much deliberation, I've decided not to renew my WSJ subscription come April.

The translations for One Piece and One-Punch Man are terrible (I'm indifferent to Toriko's translation).
Naruto, Bleach and Nisekoi are garbage period.
I don't care for World Trigger or Blue Exorcist (though the latter is probably pretty good).
REALLY don't care for Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal
Seraph of the End is massive garbage.
There's barely any series even though there's a ton they could feature.
Not featuring Shokugeki no Soma was the last straw. That and the English name they chose (Food Wars? Seriously?)

I'd like to cancel it now, but I don't know how.
Either way, Viz lost my money,.

Village

It's just generic.

I got bored of it and dropped it awhile ago.

Its generic and Flimsy

Its run of the mill manga sitting on a house of cards that at any moment topple. That makes it even worse, because if the manga was good, we could ignore it. But you cant you are forced to star it, its flaws. Questioning how it even has gotten this far, and when it will eventually fall. Its art now. Watching, waiting for for lauryn hill to start singing the chorus.

dumbyugi

Nisekoi is tied with AssClass as my 3rd favourite currently running series in Shonen Jump. I also don't understand why some people in this thread keep reading it if they hate it every week.

Antiwhippy

Its generic and Flimsy

Its run of the mill manga sitting on a house of cards that at any moment topple. That makes it even worse, because if the manga was good, we could ignore it. But you cant you are forced to star it, its flaws. Questioning how it even has gotten this far, and when it will eventually fall. Its art now. Watching, waiting for for lauryn hill to start singing the chorus.

I never got that from it, which is why I dropped it. It just seems like every other generic harem that came before. The girls aren't even that cute except for tsugumi.

Village

I foresee myself for myself being bored of as well. Its just interesting how flimsy and bad it is.

Come to think of it though, for the most part I do not really enjoy harem manga's too much. Because most of them are just blueballs in illustration form.

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 05

What a startling development.
I expected that she ended up being a guy

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 06

One sided blackmail is always fun.

bigkrev

The whole problem with Nisekoi is that it seems like it has promise in the beginning. A story where 2 kids from mob families who absolutely hate each other have to pretend to be in love to prevent all out gang warfare? Then, factor in that the main character has a locket that represents a promise he made to a childhood friend, and another girl having the key.

After the first volume, none of that shit matters.

Antiwhippy

Not as much a manga thing as much as it is a Japan thing, but going through a vocaloid binge recently and I must say supercell got 10000x better when they ditched hatsune miku. Their first album is kind of an average novelty with some interesting musical moments while Today is a beautiful day is actually good.

Also IA and megurine >>>>>> hatsune as far as voice samples go.

Antiwhippy

Magi

Fucking alibaba.

7d0Xpln.png

This fucking guy.

Holy shit I was dying throughout this whole chapter. Alibaba's patheticness is incredible.

Antiwhippy

Yuureitou

Caught up to this, and it was pretty fun to read. Problem with it though the way it falls into an episodic style where there a different mystery each time kind of dilutes the original central mystery. However the side stuff in a way does feed into exploring the central mythology pretty well, which is the mystery of the ghost clock tower.

The way it jumps around moral issues explored in each mystery is pretty disorienting. One moment they're exploring the worth of a human life through the games of a mad doctor, to exploring transgender issues surrounding Tetsuo, one of the main characters, and then they're exploring the role of a woman in a patriarchal society in a secluded village which exports opium. Kind of awesome in that way though.

People who like mystery and horror should check it out. Also it gets fucking brutal.

scy

Baby Steps 194 - I wager we'll get close to his "worst case scenario" at some point during the match. Need more chapters fast ;__;

Antiwhippy

magi 203

So uh . . . wow.

Did that really happen?

Did he really get the girl?

Is this just a dream???

This time it will be morgianna misunderstanding alibaba's feelings, thinking that this wasn't a confession, and this will go on till the end of the manga.

Bet on it.

dkoy

This time it will be morgianna misunderstanding alibaba's feelings, thinking that this wasn't a confession, and this will go on till the end of the manga.

Bet on it.

I hope the misunderstanding gets resolved quickly actually. As it is it's more likely that Alibaba's feelings for Mor are more superficial and desperate than really genuine since he only realized it when Olba talked to him.

Otome Historic 01-11

mlKYS69l.jpg

A girl who likes her teacher joins the history club he's in charge of, that is of course full of fujioshis and their version of history.

Well, it's amusing. Definitely their material is also interesting. I'm also learning random Sengoku facts so I like that too.

Antiwhippy

I hope the misunderstanding gets resolved quickly actually. As it is it's more likely that Alibaba's feelings for Mor are more superficial and desperate than really genuine since he only realized it when Olba talked to him.

Oh sure. But I think this will the start of him starting to develop feelings for her.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
KINGDOM

Love this manga so much.

Considering how real history goes, it would be awesome to see how Qin manages to defeat such insurmountable odds.

Oh how I dearly wish Ryuuroden's is as fast as Kingdom in terms of release ;_____;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom