• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima: Shocking PS4 announcement that will blow your mind at PS4 All Access tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezi0

Does anyone here remember the TGS 05 trailer (I think it was in that one) where Otacon was telling Snake that the Cell Processor was the key to winning the console war? This event seems perfect for a similar stunt complete with David Hayter as Snake. Believe.

Raynes

DO NOT PLAY WITH MY FUCKING HEART LIKE THAT! :'''(

ZOE1 and ZOE2 gameplay was perfectly fine, why would we need the Rising team to fuck it up? If anything, I used to go on about how ZOE team should have taken over Metal Gear Solid Rising.

Also, this announcement is:
Metal Gear Solid XXX: SNAKEXKAZ
Virtual Reality Cock-Docking Action
(Occulus Rift support)
Now you can re-enact Brokeback Mountain Metal Gear style.

Kojima has finally lost it. After the PS4 event he will be taken away in double reinforced straightjackets.

If the announcement were Sony publishing Silent Hill 0, developed by Team Gravity

I'd cry tears of happiness and joy. It will probably be an announcement of exclusive content

Batzi

Banned
How can the announcement of an exclusive DLC be "mind blowing" or "shocking"?

Kojima Productions (via podcast with Sean Eyestone) before GZ's announcement at PAX said that they will be doing series of announcements and that some will be industry shaking. Do you guys remember that? Can this be the industry shaking?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Does anyone here remember the TGS 05 trailer (I think it was in that one) where Otacon was telling Snake that the Cell Processor was the key to winning the console war? This event seems perfect for a similar stunt complete with David Hayter as Snake. Believe.
Back when MGS4 was going to be good.

Never forget.

RK9039

How can the announcement of an exclusive DLC be "mind blowing" or "shocking"?

Kojima Productions (via podcast with Sean Eyestone) before GZ's announcement at PAX said that they will be doing series of announcements and that some will be industry shaking. Do you guys remember that? Can this be the industry shaking?

Yeah I remember that episode. What could it be, movie related perhaps? a new state of the art cardboard box?

Bundy

Banned
I'm not part of the crew in New York (really wanted to be there ;_;), I'm posting all of this from our HQ in LA. So I don't know why he did that, I'm sure it's all to be used in promotion of some of these big announcements. Bottom line: They (Sony) think this is going to be a really big deal for all PS4 fans out there, and they would really like you to see it as it goes live.
So is this you just "guessing", or do you know/have you heard about something which will be presented by SONY on friday?

Alienous

Metal Gear Solid: Zero

Metal Gear 1 + Metal Gear 2

Remade in the FOX Engine.

Developed by <insert competent developer here>, Produced by Kojima Productions

Featuring David Hayter as Solid Snake.

Nothing else comes close to rustling my jimmies.

So is this you just "guessing", or do you know/have you heard about something which will be presented by SONY on friday?

To further clarify. We have something MGSV coming as part of the event [OFFICIAL]. I thought that was what Kojima was Tweeting about. After getting berated by some higher ups (read: beaten with &#26408;&#20992;) I can also confirm that the 'shocking' reveal for Sony may or may not be something different and completely unrelated.

Batzi

Banned
Metal Gear Solid: Zero

Metal Gear 1 + Metal Gear 2

Remade in the FOX Engine.

Developed by <insert competent developer here>, Produced by Kojima Productions

Featuring David Hayter as Solid Snake.

Nothing else comes close to rustling my jimmies.
Ok but how is that surprising to Yoshida? Unless that secret/competent developer is a 1st party developer like Naughty Dog for instance. Now yes that would blow my mind indeed.

To further clarify. We have something MGSV coming as part of the event [OFFICIAL]. I thought that was what Kojima was Tweeting about. After getting berated by some higher ups (read: beaten with &#26408;&#20992;) I can also confirm that the 'shocking' reveal for Sony may be something different and completely unrelated.
Hmm, maybe a new Kojima IP exclusively for PS4. Could be interesting.

Yawnier

Banned
To further clarify. We have something MGSV coming as part of the event [OFFICIAL]. I thought that was what Kojima was Tweeting about. After getting berated by some higher ups (read: beaten with &#26408;&#20992;) I can also confirm that the 'shocking' reveal for Sony may be something different and completely unrelated.

Whoa at that last part.

Alienous

Ok but how is that surprising to Yoshida? Unless that secret/competent developer is a 1st party developer like Naughty Dog for instance. Now yes that would blow my mind indeed.

Do we know if Yoshida was re-acting to an announcement from Koji Pro?

Geoff could have just brought an elephant into the studio, or anything.

Batzi

Banned
The MGSV related news. Is it GZ or TPP or both?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

the_last_guardian_wallpaper.jpg

Bundy

Banned
Great! Thanks!

Remember when Adam Boys said we (Neogaf) will have some new .gif material soon, because he and Yoshida were filming/recording something?
+
Kojima is a big tech/hardware fan. See Blu-Ray/Cell comments during the PS3 launch.
=
I guess it's really the Virtual-Reality headset for the PS4. Adam+Shu made a video, wearing it. Kojima could try it and was blown away.

Cyberia

From the PS4 hardware review thread:

One more bomb has still not dropped.

Gotta build up the hype. Too bad it's embargoed.

It's a positive bomb.

It's a game.

But that's all I can say, I have probably said too much already.

This is correct.

This is one of the strictest embargoes i have received from Sony. Im not even allowed to tell the embargo date lifting.

Alienous

To further clarify. We have something MGSV coming as part of the event [OFFICIAL]. I thought that was what Kojima was Tweeting about. After getting berated by some higher ups (read: beaten with &#26408;&#20992;) I can also confirm that the 'shocking' reveal for Sony may or may not be something different and completely unrelated.

Wow. Kojima doesn't mention that he has anything to do with the PS4 announcement. Heck, it could be Uncharted 4.

My hype is deflating.

Sn4ke_911

Jeez. I guess I'll just stick to 'soon' and 'no comment' from now on if that's what this is going to lead to.

ipJiUHrbBTCMw.gif

Haha, just kidding man. We all know this game will never come out.

Can you comment on the length of the new trailer?

Haha, just kidding man. We all know this game will never come out.

Can you comment on the length of the new trailer?

In lieu of how badly I've screwed up the messaging today I'm gonna go with, "no, I can't". Just because it's so close and this is being pretty heavily embargoed. I think what I can say is you'll want to watch it the first time it airs 'cause there will be an interview with it, as alluded to in the Tweets, so there will be some context to what you see.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
A FOX Engine open world snatcher PS4 game would blow minds...

A ZOEps4 announcement would blow lots of minds...

A Brand new IP would count...

If it's anything related to the MGS universe imma just go ahead and say Koji is on his own sauce... Lookitsnothing.gif indeed.

Can't wait tho... what a wonderful time to be alive and gaming...

Sn4ke_911

In lieu of how badly I've screwed up the messaging today I'm gonna go with, "no, I can't". Just because it's so close and this is being pretty heavily embargoed. I think what I can say is you'll want to watch it the first time it airs 'cause there will be an interview with it, as alluded to in the Tweets, so there will be some context to what you see.

Ok thank you ToraShiro for the answers, much appreciated.

DAVID HAYTER INTERVIEW?!?!?

#dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom