• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ootagawa Junjou Lovers 01-02

k0TYvQKl.jpg

Yamada falls in love with Ogata who gives his all to baseball. So she confesses to him multiple times but he turns her down each time. But, she just doesn't give up.

It's cute. You gotta like Yamada's never give up attitude and it'll pretty great to see Ogata slowly warm up to her.

She's totally not a stalker.

Fairy Tail 360

Late but, incredible action here. The ending bomb explosion was pretty suspenseful and shocking and makes me wonder just how badly Natsu ended up. Chapter title for the next one at least suggest highly that maybe Natsu innate abilities are further augmented by this ability perhaps.

upandaway

How do you guys even let these two pull this off? They're clearly not satisfied with being the top two. What about your ambition?

Consider yourselves saved mangaf, but I may not feel so generous next time.

Soul Cartel 97

Would have slightly liked for Beelzebub chibi form to differ somewhat from Mephisto chibi form as it just is a different pain job going on. Though when they get serious in the next chapter, will probably be best fight since Beelzebub v Michael.

Samenai Yume Part B (End)

Wonder if this would count as horror but that whole story. Reminded me of that common phrase about brother stories, in that they always have someone that die, or died. Though this whole turnout. Interesting read that was perfect length and kind of creepily pleasing.

wonzo

Banned
[JAM KINGDOM] Lord of Futanarion

An inspiring tale of gender, sex; and the trials, tribulations, and changes a couple are willing to go through to fulfill their love for each other.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ 06

An interesting look in how the very interesting scenes of doujins are sometimes drawn.

Tripon

Fairy Tail 360

Late but, incredible action here. The ending bomb explosion was pretty suspenseful and shocking and makes me wonder just how badly Natsu ended up. Chapter title for the next one at least suggest highly that maybe Natsu innate abilities are further augmented by this ability perhaps.

Not really, FT pulled that twice in a row with the same group of villains. The first time was indeed shocking and suspenseful, the 2nd time with Natsu had me going "Really? Again, so soon?" If Mashiba pulls the bomb thing a 3rd time, I'm going to be really annoyed.

Aizo

Banned
Well besides not doing anything that's long, difficult, costly, not popular enough, too many words, they are definitely the best.
I really don't understand your post.

>Not long
Guin Saga, Gundam: The Origin, Knights of Sidonia, Chi's Sweet Home. I suppose they don't translate any battle manga that goes forever, but I personally don't want that anyway.

>Not difficult
Stuff by Nihei usually uses some pretty strange language. I think they challenge themselves more than any other manga publication since they also translate novels. Have you read Sayonara, Gangsters? Surely not an easy translation.

>Not popular
I mean... I think that quite the opposite is their schtick, they translate the things that aren't popular enough: Wolfsmund, Knights of Sidonia, Utsubora, Tezuka stuff (not that popular in North America), lots of pretty unknown (unless you're into Japanese culture) Japanese novels, Lychee Light Club, Helter Skelter, etc.

>Not too many words
This is just an odd one to mention, really. Have you read everything they've done?

>Not costly
Have you seen the quality in their publication for Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin?! It's the nicest comic I've ever seen. I'm not using hyperbole. In fact, they seem to have the nicest publications in North America. They actually use proper grammar in their translations, they paper is nice, and everything is of high quality.

UQ Holder

Thinking that Kuroumaru is a guy stuck in a girl's body or something to that effect. By the fact that he's still adamant about being male and the whole "modified body" hints, there's something more to it than the simple King from KOF situation I'm guessing.

Nice to see them getting out of their first actual mission, maybe we can get things rolling now.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 1-5

The "Guy finds a girl who's secretly a vampire" is pretty much a genre of its own, I usually groan when I read that description on manga synopses, but there's one thing that caught my interest in case of this particular series. The art, especially the character designs. They're so diverse and fun, each character has really strong facial expressions and the comedy is equally energetic

I want you to look at this picture. LOOK AT IT

It's like someone gave high schooler Balalaika some fangs and a cheerful, tomboyish attitude. I could use Youko's smile as a reading light, it is so amazingly radiant. How is this not the cutest thing ever???

Randomly wanted to find a good horror manga and ended up with Mahou Shoujo of the End
Magical girls invade the Japan (and maybe Earth) and go about killing people (in very violent ways) and the MC and crew have to survive and try to put a stop all this madness. Pacing's not too bad, characters aren't completely hateable considering they're in a loli mahou shoujo apocalypse, unfortunately includes fanservice character and ill-placed romance subplot buuuut if you can look past this, you might like it.
Violence level: about around Gantz or Dead Wonderland
Similar to: (I guess) Walking Dead with near impossible to beat mahou shoujos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom