• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Punch Man Shonen Jump Special Chapter
BZX24yMCIAA9-rC.png

Perfect chapter, my Stinger ftw. One of the best A-class heroes around.

Noblesse

I fucking hate this stupid ass writing. Yeah, we are friends we are just chatting. Fuck this. Why the hell Takao did not tell Karias to fuck them up? Especially since Yuri kidnapped the kids, and Takao should think that Yuri will do it again, and endanger everyone else. Stupid writing.

Regis and Rael did their best in that circumstance but could not do much, which is understandable.

I hope Rai fuck all of these fools up.

Wiseblade

Magi 204

Those were some pure feels from Alibaba. At least he made some progress with Mor-

Wait.

Hold up.

HOLD THE HELL UP

So for the past 200 chapters, Mor has been pining for Alibaba from the shadows, fishing for compliments and sulking whenever he went to brothels. Hell, she even turned down Hakuryuu for the chance to carry on by Alibaba's side. But when he actually shows some interest she rebuffs him.

What the hell.

Oh and Sinbad proved himself to be untrustworthy again, but who cares about that when there's more important matters to discuss.

World Trigger 39
tumblr_mwh44wUQK71qbxqfpo1_400.png

Midorikawa is in my top four favorites for this. Almost thought he was a Yuma clone but he is a bit taller and has a different personality of sorts. In any event he may just be the perfect rival character for Yuma to have as he was missing one thus far.

Shuji Miwa was a potential choice but this chapter seems to suggest they have similar goals and I thought he is not of the rival personality. Midorikawa at least says otherwise. Looking forward to an explosive next chapter.

Particularly like more of the human v human type events moreso than human v neighbors, but the hinting from last chapters implies he may be changing gears to get back to that goal.

thenexus6

Scientia 1 - 7

Discovered this a few pages back and read it all. It was pretty good, interesting stories and fairly good art. Anyone got any suggestions of other short stories manga similar to this?

Akito

Scientia 1 - 7

Discovered this a few pages back and read it all. It was pretty good, interesting stories and fairly good art. Anyone got any suggestions of other short stories manga similar to this?
A Revolutionist in the Afternoon
Bus Hashiru
Coffee Time
Getenrou
Happiness (Usamaru Furuya)
Present for Me
Shiki no Zenjitsu
Shiranui Kitanroku
Sukima Shiki

Nordicus

Nana to Kaoru 101-102

Kaoru is gonna learn to make bondage gear from scratch while Nana exhibits her usual lip-licking and other bits of erotic body language while fantasizing about future breathers.

Can't wait to see the end result for multiple reasons

IHaveIce

Banned
Magi

While I agree that Sinbad could very well be the endboss, Yunan could also quite easily troll us all and be the next Aizen, we know almost nothing about him and he seems to be quite the most powerful of the magi for now... he can make dungeons appear and disappear.

Yamada

Finally the scan groups are translating this and go on, can't get a crunchyroll account here that reads mangas.

Question is why don't they brutally beat up the President

Wiseblade

Magi

While I agree that Sinbad could very well be the endboss, Yunan could also quite easily troll us all and be the next Aizen, we know almost nothing about him and he seems to be quite the most powerful of the magi for now... he can make dungeons appear and disappear.
All the Magi can do that. Judar/l makes one disappear in his first appearance and is quoted to make dungeons for the Kou royal family. Yunan's claim to fame is making the first dungeon.

Yumekuri 13-15

I really don't remember the original plot anymore but I am finding this festival arc pretty enjoyable even if I don't really remember who's who either.

Disgaea 3: School of Devils Vol.02

k12KG75l.jpg

This volume reminds me how I never really liked Mao as a character. Well as expected, they basically wrap up everything in this volume in whatever way they could. It wasn't bad, but Disgaea 3 was never my favorite Disgaea anyway.

Disgaea 3: School of Devils Vol.02[/B]

http://i.imgur.com/k12KG75l.jpg[/IG]

This volume reminds me how I never really liked Mao as a character. Well as expected, they basically wrap up everything in this volume in whatever way they could. It wasn't bad, but Disgaea 3 was never my favorite Disgaea anyway.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? It had the best mechanics and hilarious story, apart from just needing Emizel, it had probably my favorite cast, especially Almaz. My dream team of Almaz, Emizel, Laharl, Azel, Kurtis, even. And the theme in the castle was hot.

D3 > D2psp > D4 > D1psp

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Magi

Yamada

Finally the scan groups are translating this and go on, can't get a crunchyroll account here that reads mangas.

Question is why don't they brutally beat up the President

The same reason Yamada decided not to kiss Shiraishi while hanging out at the mall when Asuka told him it wasn't allowed. Because he's stupid.

LeleSocho

Banned
Baby Steps 181-194

Pics or didn't happen. Also dat feeling when they consider a giant a guy who is 1,85m and you are above 1,80m.

This manga is fantastic by the way even if sometimes i would like to see some intense matches involving other characters (like Natsu :3)... but it's great nonetheless, the pace is perfect, the main protagonist isn't a god that wins everything you can actually feel his growth chapter after chapter and the romance actually progress steadily unlike an infinite number of other mangas. Yeah surely the art isn't nowhere near Murata levels but it's clean and makes sense. I give it a very solid 8/10 with something more rather than something less.

thenexus6

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
... Idiots.

They said they dropped it both because of CRM and because angry at how the story was going (I guess the amnesia arc rustled their jimmies, but I couldn't say why, its not a bad arc and memories were restored within like 20 chapters)

I'd be sad except that I don't think outside of the cleaners they were a very good scanner. Sure, they could translate into coherent English and proofread, but like 75% of the text had US-targeted jokes, scanner-inserted dick jokes and characters constantly were saying "fuck," okes. I guess that sucks if you're not able to get CRM.

How are they idiots for dropping something with a good quality, timely, & legal release?

I don't think IHaveIce lives somewhere where he can buy CRM. I understand his frustration there, but I don't think you're going to find a scanner who's going to want to do quality work for the small number of English speaking countries without access.

wonzo

Banned
I don't think IHaveIce lives somewhere where he can buy CRM. I understand his frustration there, but I don't think you're going to find a scanner who's going to want to do quality work for the small number of English speaking countries without access.
Then IHaveIce can download one of the dozens of browser extensions that bypass the geo blocking or can get a VPN. There's no excuse.

Lain

[JAM KINGDOM] Lord of Futanarion

An inspiring tale of gender, sex; and the trials, tribulations, and changes a couple are willing to go through to fulfill their love for each other.

About time you posted something in regards to this work of art!

bigkrev

Probably the only one that cares, but Vertical finally has me buying a manga thats not Heroman and Gundam Origin...

They will release Cardfight!! Vanguard manga starting in April 2014. (and even with a trading card in each volume, and an edition with a starter deck!!!)

Well, i'll at least have to try out the first volume.

Nisekoi 99

I didn't hate this chapter, even though I probably should have. I have a weakness for the best girl, I guess :(

Seraph of the End 5

Mika colour page was fantastic. Though his personality change, I hope hes just dark personality for his appearance but still the same where it counts most. I hope he meets up with Yuchirio fast just to see if this will be the development to happen.

The different factions and such make it feel even better than it was before, being more than just the simple vampire v human, but additional groups in them, really gives it a good foundation for a good story.

Guys...

go watch Kill La Kill, even if that outfit is beyond ridiculous... trust me, it's a good show.

The outfit is the least of that shows the problem. If you don't like over the top animation and comedic attacks then the show isn't for you. I tried watching it but just like Gurren Lagann, the characters and attacks are interesting but the animation kills it for me.

789shadow

Banned
The outfit is the least of that shows the problem. If you don't like over the top animation and comedic attacks then the show isn't for you. I tried watching it but just like Gurren Lagann, the characters and attacks are interesting but the animation kills it for me.
More like a problem with you.

Can anyone explain to me what happened with the scanlation-status of Addicted to Curry?

I remember about 10 years ago (or maybe 8/9) at that time it was really one of the "first" big scanlationprojects and people were talking about it left and right. Everyone read the chapters and besides the other few series that were scanlated this one had quite a huge following.

Now I checked MU and saw its completed with 49 volumes, though only like 11 are scanlated and the last chapter was released about 3 months ago.

Kinda sad to see it. I would think after that many years it would also have been fully scanlated, since I remember it to have quite a big following during that time.
They finished scanning the raws (around 500 chapters I think) a while back so it's gonna be a while before we get anything translated. Assuming this doesn't get dropped. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They finished scanning the raws (around 500 chapters I think) a while back so it's gonna be a while before we get anything translated. Assuming this doesn't get dropped. :(

The groups doing it either keep dropping it or folding, which slows it down a whole lot. I wish the guys that did Ushio and Tora and Ghost Sweeper Mikami would pick it up, we'd get caught up within the month. I am forever grateful to those guys for bringing us those two series in the speedy and quality manner that they did. Truly the GOAT scan guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom