• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witch's Cruelty

A one shot it seems. Contains a very nice art style, reminds me of another manga's art i cant remember, a rather short story and gets NSFW towards the end. Twas nice and would like to see more.

Haikyuu!! 86
tumblr_mwij9iZL2U1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Even annoyed Tsuki looks amazing. I think the best part is definitely seeing Tsuki get annoyed from someone else considering how he treats Kageyama, at least its funny in that regard, but he still makes some funny lines and comments. Need more of the Tsuki Kuroo thing to happen. Otherwise great direction...wonder what event will happen to make Tsuki get more into volleyball.

Tripon

Shokugeki no Soma 48

What is even going on?

Also, I'd like to know what Tadokoro is doing. And Glasses Kid.

They're in block B. Soma's in Block A, which is why they're focusing on Block A right now. That said, we are probably only going to get a chapter of what happened in Block B.

Aizo

Banned
Saint Seiya GAF, since the SS thread is pretty dead I'll ask you here: which is the better one, Lost Canvas or Next Dimension? How do they compare to each other? No spoilers please.

I wish I could help. I'll at least quote you so that someone with the knowledge hopefully notices.

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 1-11

This is so cool. I can't believe I haven't checked this out yet.

Basically a dude with a fishbowl for a head is terrorizing a town by turning people into goldfish and a group of "Blood Divers" aim to stop him and assist the town however they can. They also wear school swimsuits as their uniforms because reasons. The plot is absurd enough to make this an extremely entertaining read and the unique artstyle compliments it very well. A lot of these panels are just oozing with style. This isn't quite a horror manga but nearly every scene featuring the Fishbowl Man is so damn unsettling.

Definitely one of the better manga I've read recently.

Well color me interested.

Natsume Yuujinchou 65

Always look forward to new chapters for this series. One of my favorite types of storytelling. Really should try more series like it since I enjoyed Mushishi as well (might give that a reread once I get more time). So in this chapter we're starting a new arc in the hot springs. Figured things would start pretty leisurely, but then that last page happened.

Aizo

Banned
This is very old news, but I wanted to share it with those of you who haven't seen it. Here's an interview with The Devil Seo, the author of Rage Town, that an acquaintance of mine brought to my attention.
Highlights:
Interviewer and Seo said:
Since the story of Kimi no Iru Machi is set in your hometown, are any of the characters in the manga inspired by your friends? If so, have any of your friends complained?

Indeed I have used personal friends as inspiration for some of the characters, but I haven't received any complaints; they rather like it.

If you were pick a girl to date with in real life, which of your characters would you like your partner to resemble?

Beats me; I love all the female characters I've created.
His friends must be awful, and he is Haruto.

One Piece 728
tumblr_mwip76m3RB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fantastic backstory but the stuff after was boring, thankfully a Luffy panel sent things out on a happy note. I think it has been one of Oda's best backstory stories since the Goa Kingdom arc.

More K manga incoming thankfully, bringing us to five k manga spinoffs (with three light novels).

Gakuen K (Academy K) - K in high school, a dream come true personally
K: The First by Rin Kimura (Maigoya) - The story takes place in a world where seven people with unusual powers are crowned as “kings,” and revolves around the “bonds” and “fate” between the people involved.

Soredemo Kamawanai 1 - 2
tumblr_mwixaw85MI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Way too cute for words, just like the Otokogokoro series of stories except without the age gap going on. Instead the two office workers with one who never experienced friends or socializing gets taken in by Okumura to hopefully get better social skills and be a friend to him to improve his skills at work. Okumura is just highly entertaining and says the best comments and exclamations and treats Taka so well.

ST&RS 35 - 36

The creation story of the universe, how there had to be something that was there in order to create it and how things couldnt have formed just from a void was at least an interesting theory to see tackled in manga form. I would have liked this manga to continue on just to see how the writer went about explaining and making evidence for such a fantastic idea. At least in terms of closing chapters to a series that met its end early, it seems pretty solid and not that rushed in terms of the content of writing.

Space is a field that needs more coverage on mainstream manga magazines targeting the masses, the space scenes always look fantastic.

upandaway

So why are we discussing spoilers without spoiler tags? Did I miss something?
Not even the bolded header or anything, kinda impossible to avoid (at least before the first sentence). I don't know. You guys are dunno'ing me really hard with the past couple of pages.

Dunno.

Shokugeki no Soma

:lol Soma. Gotta love it. Nikumi's dad was also great, haha.

Also, all that commentary, oh man. Feels like a true Jump tournament.

The best color pages ever, by the way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

:lol Soma. Gotta love it. Nikumi's dad was also great, haha.

Also, all that commentary, oh man. Feels like a true Jump tournament.

The best color pages ever, by the way.

You're the worst.

Negimaki Kagyu 1-2
Seems to be a pretty good action series. The main male character is basically the male version of Helen of Troy while the female lead is fairly badass when she fights. The art style is sort of cute. Seems decent

Wiseblade

They already did that, killing off Ace helped get the story back on track
Dat ether.

I'm not a big fan of "The Ace" characters. Luffy's brother gets a bit of a pass though because he never outstayed his welcome and is dead forever.

Now, a guy like Magi's Sinbad... I hate him. But at least it's okay to hate him.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 268-269

Seeing all the major generals of Qin gather at the Royal Palace was one thing, but the sheer sense of awe at where the decisive battles going to take place was something else entirely.

Nejimaki Kagyu 10

smh at all the people itt not reading this fantastic series

GManDH

thats the beauty of One Piece you care about everyone. if you no longer care about everyone then stop reading because you dont understand the true purpose of the crew as a whole. I wish we got more info on Roger pirates that way people would understand there is no way to reach OnePiece without a real crew. in other news, I love how OP actually shows a tournament where as toriko just skips 99% of it.

mhs004

thats the beauty of One Piece you care about everyone. if you no longer care about everyone then stop reading because you dont understand the true purpose of the crew as a whole. I wish we got more info on Roger pirates that way people would understand there is no way to reach OnePiece without a real crew. in other news, I love how OP actually shows a tournament where as toriko just skips 99% of it.

Well to be honest the tournament in Toriko was starting to get boring, it got alot better when the fights started.

Soma

Honto no Kanojo 1-4

Moe has the hots for Yuuka but keeps turning down her advancements not because she's a girl but because she's a masochist. I usually find a lot of yuri manga boring but this is pretty hilarious so far.

I wish there were more chapters.

Nejimaki Kagyu 10

smh at all the people itt not reading this fantastic series
If you read Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko then i'll read this. Unless you already have.

Cerity

Kimi No Knife 71 (end)
Well that was a little disappointing, the train went from 300km/h to about 5m/h in the space of a pages. Still wrapped things up okay at least.

Definitely check the series out if you're after a little crime/thriller/psychological series.

Yonafunu

Nejimaki Kagyuu 10

The art keeps amazing me. I've always loved Atsushi's art, since Traumeister, and it keeps surprising. Extremely refreshing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 87

uhh.... did they accidentally not put up the whole thing?

Yeah, but I don't think its supposed to be up yet anyways. They've been uploading on Wedensdays previously.

I'm still confused as to whether Shiraishi actually has her memory back or if they're stupidly assuming Yamada will be able to restore it after this ceremony-thing.

Nejimaki Kagyu 1-10

The art is pretty good, especially when you see the girls made faces. Kagyu is so cute.

Nobunaga no Chef

Its amazing. Nobunaga is awesome and the way the dishes are used is very smart.

Shokugeki no Soma doesnt even comes close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom