• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

One Piece

Goddamn that was insane. Shit's about to go down really soon.

I really want Zoro to have a proper 1-on-1 fight. He hasn't gotten one since what? Enies Lobby and that was something like 5 years ago.

This actually doesn't prove anything whatsoever. Some people prefer to read things without knowing what will actually happen.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 12-13
Even after that the mother is still so cold?
Well, to be fair, she did lend him her umbrella at the end of 13...

Also, he was kind of a major dick to her daughter.

Spirit Circle 1-16
New manga that I stumbled across, from the same author of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. Safe to say that I like this much more than Lucifer (I liked it, but it wasn't one of my favorites). Basically, a guy goes through his past lives to figure out why the love interest hate him and wants him dead. I hope we're not caught up with releases, but I can't find any RAWs. ;_;

One Piece

That was intense. Law got far more of a beat down than I expected, god damn. I think OP is just on a one week break, no until the end of the year. Good to see many of the players are still gathered, and will be interesting to see how Burgess fits into this. For some reason I don't think he will fit well into DFs plans. Also I am really surprised that DF hasn't mentioned him. He is quite possibly as strong as DF or at least a threat. Somehow I expect DF to get a punch from Luffy next chapter. I hope Luffy won't have to bother with DFs top generals. He should be beyond them. I am hoping to see some big stuff from Zoro though. We have yet to see the real fruits of his training with Mihawk, who is obviously stronger than DF at least.

One Piece

Well Law has his devil fruit ability to fall back on.

Looking forward to Luffy reacting to Law's injuries. Maybe a fight between Luffy and Don to start off 2014.

One Piece

Damn it, I got spoiled while lurking bout Law dying but even knowing, I still felt the impact. There is no way Law survived a point blank shot to the the chest. He's way too beaten to even do anything! I guess his last strategy was to let him die where Luffy could see and hope he enters 'kick the main villains ass' mode. Smart way to die out. Shame, such a cool character :C

Other than that, so many things to note. For example, seeing Luffy actually lead things. Twas nice to read.

Bleach

Twas ok. Guess we'll see what they did with that Quincy being split in half with this gal being defeated. Interesting.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece
Law is obviously not dead. And it seems like the tournament structure is finally falling apart.

I guess they left Chinjoa non-toyified so people remember Luffy fighting someone? Or maybe it just doesn't work on people with conqueror's haki.

The most interesting part of the chapter was Law knowing about the Will of D

Bleach
I'm going to guess that Z girl is Z for Zombie and can resurrect characters as mindless Zombies or something.

komamuras story seems like the complete opposite of tousens but at the same time its the same

How? Komamura wanted revenge for the death of Yama-ji at Juha's hands. While Tousen went on a crusade on behalf of his dead female friend and grew to hate Shinigami because of what happened to her. Under Aizen's direction he became twisted and lost his way completely. Yes Tousen gave up his shinigami form and became a Hollow near the end which Komamura copied when he gave up his heart for ultimate immortality but thats as similar as they get in their quest for revenge.

Koma never gave up his identity as a shinigami nor as a captain of SS. However, unlike Tousen's hatred of everything Shinigami, Koma just wants revenge on Juha while protecting SS from the Quincy. He probably wanted to spare Bambi as well considering she isn't completely dead from that huge sword strike.

Setsuna

How? Komamura wanted revenge for the death of Yama-ji at Juha's hands. While Tousen went on a crusade on behalf of his dead female friend and grew to hate Shinigami because of what happened to her. Under Aizen's direction he became twisted and lost his way completely. Yes Tousen gave up his shinigami form and became a Hollow near the end which Komamura copied when he gave up his heart for ultimate immortality but thats as similar as they get in their quest for revenge.

Koma never gave up his identity as a shinigami nor as a captain of SS. However, unlike Tousen's hatred of everything Shinigami, Koma just wants revenge on Juha while protecting SS from the Quincy. He probably wanted to spare Bambi as well considering she isn't completely dead from that huge sword strike.

Komamura takes on a human formfollowing his victory he turns back into a beast and his vice captain comes to help

Tousen turns into a Monster then turns gets attacked by his vice captain causing his defeat turns back into his Human form.

They both gained incredible amounts of power by sacrificing there souls for the sake of getting vengeance

Akito

with that said there will be a 3 week break at the end of the year.
Officially there will be 2 2-weeks breaks shortly after another

#01: Dec. 2nd
#02: Dec. 9th
#03: Dec. 16th
#04-05: Dec. 21st (Saturday because Monday 23 is a Public Holiday for Emperor's Birthday)
Jump Next! 2014 Winter: Dec. 27th
#06-07: Jan. 4th
#08: Jan. 20th

smurfx

get some go again
Officially there will be 2 2-weeks breaks shortly after another

#01: Dec. 2nd
#02: Dec. 9th
#03: Dec. 16th
#04-05: Dec. 21st (Saturday because Monday 23 is a Public Holiday for Emperor's Birthday)
Jump Next! 2014 Winter: Dec. 27th
#06-07: Jan. 4th
#08: Jan. 20th
doesn't the chapter always leak early and it ends up being a 3-4 week wait. i don't remember how long the break usually ends up being but its always long. :(

Komamura takes on a human formfollowing his victory he turns back into a beast and his vice captain comes to help

Tousen turns into a Monster then turns gets attacked by his vice captain causing his defeat turns back into his Human form.

They both gained incredible amounts of power by sacrificing there souls for the sake of getting vengeance

Interesting point. Lucky for Komamura he is not dead yet. I forgot Hisagi was the reason Tousen was even taken down before Aizen killed him.

Not to mention that everyone who get power that is greater than they are, the power get lost like Letzil Stil and Final Getsuga Tensho.

Its the same order they always go in: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece. Naruto is on hiatus until January; I guess with One Piece on hiatus, you guys are going to have to live with some serious Bleach arguments :lol

I thought naruto is back next issue, doesnt say its absent in the toc+preview section (also world trigger/shokugeki no soma poster will be amazing)

Tacitus_

One Piece

Damn it, I got spoiled while lurking bout Law dying but even knowing, I still felt the impact. There is no way Law survived a point blank shot to the the chest. He's way too beaten to even do anything! I guess his last strategy was to let him die where Luffy could see and hope he enters 'kick the main villains ass' mode. Smart way to die out. Shame, such a cool character :C

Other than that, so many things to note. For example, seeing Luffy actually lead things. Twas nice to read.

The two guys we've seen to die outside of flashbacks had a) their insides cooked b)half their head missing

People survive point blank bullets like every arc.

Akito

doesn't the chapter always leak early and it ends up being a 3-4 week wait. i don't remember how long the break usually ends up being but its always long. :(
We may need to wait a little over 2 weeks at some point but 3-4 is pushing it.

One Piece
That was an hell of a chapter despite me having read the spoilers. I'm 3/4 sure that Law didn't bite the dust there, him knowing and betting on the will of D is interesting but he's hardly the first one to do so and as Luffy was there watching, he doesn't need to be dead for Luffy to really want to smack Dofla's ass. Also kudos to Oda for showing us part of the fight but damn him for one of the worst cliffhanger->breaks ever.

Shokugeki no soma 48

Haha at Souma sleeping as his food cooks, orgasm shots next chapter please

Naruto

Wow I didn't think Kishi had it in him, what a well written chapter. The battle between Naruto and Medara was excellent and Medara's speech really had me feel for him....... Lolololol

Bleach

Why would you blow your one awesome human transformation to save Shinii and Momo? Let them die to bomb lady and just go kill bach you idiot -.- rukia and renji in the ending was cool to see lets hope they don't job.

One Piece

RIP in peace Law. I'll be legit shook if he dies and stays dead but now Luffy is pissed, next chapter is gonna be so good.

Law isn't dead, still too much of his story, back story and ties with future events for him to be snuffed out.

When a character dies in One Piece, it is really obvious they are dead (Law)

Bleach 558

Nice chapter and nice ending.

Really hope someone doesn't comes to Bambi's rescue.

One Piece 729

With the most matter of fact face imaginable, I literally said "He's not dead" when I came to that page.

Just doesn't feel like a "X character just got killed" kind of death.

Kreed

One Piece 729:

If Law's crew shows up during this arc to explain why they split/give him a last hurrah against Doflamingo, and Law explains his backstory with Doflamingo, then Law could "possibly" bite the bullet. Otherwise he isn't dying right now and people need to stop fallling for the same Shounen tropes over and over.

Still, while I am going to miss Law having major involvement in this arc, Luffy needed a way to shine against Doflamingo, so this is a good way to get Law out of the way, and they did it in a way to not make Law look weak (2 vs 1 at the start, and Law fighting Doflamingo weakened). It's going to be interesting to see how Luffy fights Doflamingo (assuming his Haki can't block Doflamingo's ability somehow).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope it's something as stupid as "i'm a rubber man!" When doflamingo trues to control him and he just winds up deforming him a little.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko 258 RAW

Komatsu in the cover is a suupa saiyajin... and Coco too is a suupa saiyajin! (although i think that is his natural hair color and before were black because they were filled with poison)

Bleach

The colour page of Renji and Ichigo > chapter itself. I cant wait to see other takes on it as they were pretty stylish on it, and memorable.

Chapter was baffling in execution though understandable for Kubo to rushing this manga for its ending q1 2014. No other trick for Bambietta Basterbine to use and Komamura's augment to run short so fast (two chapter fight was it even?)...too unsatisfying.

Nordicus

Koe no Katachi 0-13

A story of a boy who teases a deaf girl in elementary school with the aid of many of his classmates, forcing her to eventually change schools. The boy becomes a scapegoat and social outcast, but 5 years later, when his mood is at all-time low, he gets a chance to make amends, if only just a little

There are some really nice moments in this manga after the initial time skip, but this'll never be a "light-hearted" romance, especially with Shouko's mother around, who is still rightfully mad at Shouya for having her daughter's elementary school years ruined.

Shouko and Shouya's mothers are both pretty great characters. I can't wait to read more chapters

i6p6xPr.jpg

The only thing that bugs me about DF is that he falls into the same trap that all the OP villains do. Underestimating Luffy. I mean he has seen him before at Marineford, he knows his lineage, knows he has taken out some Shichibukai before, and that he punched Celestial Dragon. I mean, he should be worried. I mean, does he really think that Diamante or any of his other henchman would be be able to go toe to toe? Well, I suppose we don't know how strong Diamante is, but I doubt Luffy will fight him anyway, since Burgess is in the mix.

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 5
Loli Slut Rich Girl is waifu material since they showed her playing MH.

Koe no Katachi 12-13
Even after that the mother is still so cold?

Well, she is her mother, she isn't going to forgive him easily after all he did. As she says at the end of 13, her daughter isn't going to recover the lost happiness of those years.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Until they confirm in text that Law is dead, I'm still going with "It's One Piece, nobody dies unless there's a major reason".

I'm surprised Law knows about the "Will of D.", hopefully he gives answers about that.

Franky's speech was really good, things are about to go crazy.
Since someone asked, Zoro's last major one-on-one was Ryuuma in Thriller Bark. There was Hyozou in Fishman Island but that was a curbstomp, and Monet was a 2 on 1 where Tashigi did most of the work.

Another break huh? That's a shame, but Oda needs his rest.

bjork

DF sorts out that Law is stalling for time, then shoots him. This is even more time for Law to stall, and wouldn't his devil fruit power allow him to remove the bullets from his own body, and maybe even heal his own wounds by putting his flash back together? He's definitely not dead.

I wonder if Luffy will be faked out enough by what he saw to go apeshit and destroy the colosseum.

daveo42

Banned
One Piece

Another solid chapter from Oda with a nice bit about "Will of D" thrown in for good measure. Kind of knew that Law wasn't going to be able to hold out for too long and that someone else might take over the fight. Still hoping we get a Mango vs Zoro fight since I feel that they are more evenly matched and Zoro at least has some defense against Mango's ability.

Glad to see the crew is about to go nuts for the first time in a long while. We got a little from the crew during Fishman and a little more on Punk Hazard, but this time might be when we get to see some pretty crazy stuff that surpasses Water 7/Enies Lobby.

Edit: Law's not dead either guys. Pell survived an explosion that was supposed to kill several thousand people and would have decimated pretty much everything within a half-mile radius. Oda's not about to start just killing people off left and right when shot, stabbed, or even petrified.

Bleach

Another week, another Bleach. Still only reading to see the manga through to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom