• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Adventures Black/White Vol.02

iAh0Nwdl.jpg

N is quite emo here. He's also quite a jerk.

I also forgot about the triple battle for the first gym which was pretty cool.

Kyuur

Magi

Sinbad as the main villain. That is my feeling.

I honestly feel this might happen too. He's far too powerful to remain an ally. It will probably be quite a while before we see it, as right now Al Tharmen and the Kou Empire are more present threats. I'm having trouble figuring exactly what he would do to make him an antagonist... he does act very much like a good king. Maybe trying to bring the entire world under his rule?

I honestly feel this might happen too. He's far too powerful to remain an ally. It will probably be quite a while before we see it, as right now Al Tharmen and the Kou Empire are more present threats. I'm having trouble figuring exactly what he would do to make him an antagonist... he does act very much like a good king. Maybe trying to bring the entire world under his rule?

They could go for the Tales of Xillia route

Sinbad isn't the big bad/major antagonist/evil villain of the series, but he may be the final boss once all the real villains are dead because his ideas for how to move the world forward clash with the main groups.

Soma

Hita-Hita

I'm not quite sure I understand. Lots of cats though.

Also this author sure loves their casual nudity.

Sekai Maou 00

4pdU45ml.jpg

A 4koma featuring an amnesic loli demon lord and the world's weakest hero.

The setting has potential and I did enjoy the humor of the hero being terrible so looking forward to the next chapter to see where this goes.

Kingdom Game 1-5
Well this starts rapidly its already killed off the person who I thought was going to be the main lead( she was a yandere too). Her death scene was pretty powerful. It's a interesting twist on the survival game genre that uses a more complex form of the King's game and a strategy game. Each character isn't really that cliched aside from the main character. The other kingdoms seem to be interesting as well as shown by chapter 5. I will definitely be keeping tracking of this

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Randomly wanted to find a good horror manga and ended up with Mahou Shoujo of the End

Magical girls invade the Japan (and maybe Earth) and go about killing people (in very violent ways) and the MC and crew have to survive and try to put a stop all this madness. Pacing's not too bad, characters aren't completely hateable considering they're in a loli mahou shoujo apocalypse, unfortunately includes fanservice character and ill-placed romance subplot buuuut if you can look past this, you might like it.
Violence level: about around Gantz or Dead Wonderland
Similar to: (I guess) Walking Dead with near impossible to beat mahou shoujos

I saw this one talked about on SA a week ago and tried it out. Definitely echoing what you said. I have enjoyed it immensely.

Just curious on the thoughts of manga gaf in a certain part of Solanin(movie or manga)

Don't click/highlight unless you've finished reading Solanin or read all of volume 1 :p :
Was Taneda really happy before he died?

I don't know why, but that scene has been stuck in my head after reading it 2 months ago for a while and been itching to ask someone who read/watch Solanin.

Cerity

Baby Steps 1-117
Internet is being shitty and I can't read anymore for a bit but I'm definitely hooked. Loving how there's just so much focus on tennis compared to other sports series.

Aizo

Banned
The Town Where You Return to Your Friend's Grave to Thank Him For Being Dead - Vol. 18
What a prick.
This was bad. Worse than the past few, in fact. Why do girls undress in the same room as Haruto as they try to hold a conversation? Why do his friends instantly forgive him when they merely see his face? Why can't a couple that lives together "find the chance to have sex"? These are the tough questions in life.

Since there aren't Seo's trademarked misunderstandings lately, is he trying to make this a SoL series now? What's the point? What is happening? I have many questions.

Probably about 4-5 hours. I've just finished my finals and I'm done with uni for the year, so I've got time in spades. I would have had a longer session if it wasn't storming.
I find that to be quite impressive.

wonzo

Banned
87 Clockers 1-3

Ichinose, a dead end musical student born into wealth and without any clear-cut goals of his own runs into; Hana, a female college student who hangs around the apartment of; Mike, a man completely obsessed with overclocking. It's through this chance encounter that Ichinose finally finds something meaningful to do with his life a girl (Hana) he wants to get it on with and throws his all at overclocking to try and win her heart.

This kinda owns.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
AGAIN!!!

I have never read a manga like this. It's hard to explain, but it's... really unique.

I really like it.

Now the best thing about this manga is the pairings. Love me some Reo Shibata, but the Danchou is cute/awesome too... gahhhhhh.

Nordicus

Dear, Only You Don't Know! 1-32

I am pleasantly surprised by this manhwa. It's about 6 women/girls who hide something about their life from their lover, crush or people in general.

A wife who hides her gang boss life from her husband, a woman with noticeably below-average face who hides it with really good make-up, middle-schooler who lies about her age, a fujoshi who hides her hobby, a hostess (I think) who hides her past from a man who should probably recognize her but doesn't, and a... tsundere?

Okay, that last character's story is not incredibly interesting, but the boy who she has a crush on is a funny clumsy animal whisperer, so her chapters are fun to read regardless.

My favorite chapters are probably the ones with the hostess. Her history with the deliveryman has not been really elaborated on yet, but it's interesting to see her try and turn around this man's very low opinions on hostesses, he definitely has something of a grudge against them for one reason or another, but keeps these thoughts inside to be polite 90% of the time. Out of the 6 stories, this is probably the least comedic one.

I really recommend that you guys give this a read.

Theonik

Self-Sex
This is what would happen if portal was real.
Also gender bender stuff and true sibling dedication. The sister's a real bro.

Akito

Magi 204
iwB6j1Zze8xgm.jpg

Uhm, where have you guys been?

iToKWzr4nzUMf.jpg

Scumbag Loser 4
Holy shit, totally didn't expect that.

Nanatsu no Taizai 55
I wonder if Gowther has a buffed form if his armor is so massive.

Magi

It will be so interesting to know more about Yunan, and where he has his knowledge and how he can make dungeons appear and disappear. Yunan has said that he will support Sinbad to become king. I wonder what happened!

Edit: It was also obvious that Morgiana misunderstood what Alibaba meant.

Sinbad

Thunder strike.

Cerity

Baby Steps 118-194

Damn, certaintly doesn't feel like nearly 200 chapters since Maruo started tennis. Loving how the author balances up his wins/losses, it fits straight into Maruo's personality.

Spent all day marathoning Nodame Cantabile, so so gud. Although I sorta wish Nodame never left the weirdo forest and became a preschool teacher who spent all her time in a mongoose costume.

Log Horizon-Nishikaze no Ryodan 1-4
It's sort of funny that the main character already has a large harem, a ravenous one at that. This is a side story from Log Horizon that goes on while Shiro is out adventuring, that other member of "Tea Party" runs his guild. Its sort of funny but has some serious moments. It's an intriguing read though its hard to say which direction it will take at this point but, probably a comedic shounen based on the anime

Can anyone explain to me what happened with the scanlation-status of Addicted to Curry?

I remember about 10 years ago (or maybe 8/9) at that time it was really one of the "first" big scanlationprojects and people were talking about it left and right. Everyone read the chapters and besides the other few series that were scanlated this one had quite a huge following.

Now I checked MU and saw its completed with 49 volumes, though only like 11 are scanlated and the last chapter was released about 3 months ago.

Kinda sad to see it. I would think after that many years it would also have been fully scanlated, since I remember it to have quite a big following during that time.

Wiseblade

I'm buying Fullmetal Alchemist volumes and rereading it right now. I kind of rushed reading it the first time, because I wanted to read the finale along with everyone else. I'm looking forward to going through it at my own pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom