• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
I want a clearer and big picture of that art.

img10374349915.jpeg

SantaC

so basically we're getting alternate costyme updates on all characters now. wow so another 24 updates or so wasted.

SantaC said:
so basically we're getting alternate costyme updates on all characters now. wow so another 24 updates or so wasted.

So?

We now know that updates are more than color changes.

It's like if they showed a Pause update and showed playable Bomberman.

Just because it's not a great concept for an update doesn't mean it's not a good update.

NeonZ

SantaC said:

Did you happen to miss the part where it was stated that Wario is the only one who is getting an alternate costume?

Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special...

Cynar

I love this update, great screenshots and the classic wario costume is the best one. Hopefully they'll use that outfit in screenshots with wario from now on. :D

Firestorm

I'm not saying Gold/Silver was bad. But DP is an improvement for sure. Then again, I do look at Pokemon more for its battle system than anything else.

ant1532 said:

img10374349915.jpeg

Smash has gone gold? When was this announced?

Diablohead said:
Wario-man is only when he goes into final smash mode, so it's not exactly like a skin you can start the match with.

I never said changeable costumes, I just said costumes.

Has any character in Smash history had that many non-color change designs?!

Jiggy37 said:
Do accessories for Pikachu and Jigglypuff count?

Nah.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Smash has gone gold? When was this announced?
Oh snap, I didn't realize that was what "Now Printing" meant. :eek: Maybe someone will get their hands on an early copy soon somehow. Come on, someone with connections.

Jiggy37 said:
Oh snap, I didn't realize that was what "Now Printing" meant. :eek: Maybe someone will get their hands on an early copy soon somehow. Come on, someone with connections.
Games typically print a month before release. I doubt Nintendo's going to let it leak.

Reviewers might get their copies soon, though.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
Games typically print a month before release. I doubt Nintendo's going to let it leak.

Reviewers might get their copies soon, though.
Maybe Nintendo will run a competition or something. :D That's how I got English Pokemon Emerald (and a Pikachu GBA SP, and $400, and some other random stuff) a week ahead of the release date... Of course, that was a third version of an existing game rather than something entirely new and I guess they had to drum up support somehow, so maybe not. I'm just trying to be patently hopeful here.

Speaking of patently hopeful, I'm sticking with my Luigi/Jigglypuff/Captain Falcon/Ness prediction. Edit: And just to be clear, that's all of them, not one of them. :D

ant1532 said:

img10374349915.jpeg
Where did you find this? Is this a legitimate image from Nintendo? Does "now printing" mean it has gone gold? Finally, do you think Nintendo will push the release date up? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

What if Nintendo issues a press release tomorrow stating that the game has gone gold, and the release date is pushed up! That my friends, would be an awesome Christmas gift from Nintendo. Make it happen! PLEASE!

snack said:
Where did you find this? Is this a legitimate image from Nintendo? Does "now printing" mean it has gone gold? Finally, do you think Nintendo will push the release date up? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

What if Nintendo issues a press release tomorrow stating that the game has gone gold, and the release date is pushed up! That my friends, would be an awesome Christmas gift from Nintendo. Make it happen! PLEASE!
Assuming they're planning 500k at launch, a month sounds optimistic for going gold.

Look, guys, a month is not early. It will not be pushed up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I heard Jiggly complaining about the beginning of GSC earlier. He's right that the game has about a half hour of pain, he has the wrong location though. The Whirl Islands suck ass.

Why did people like GSC? Breeding, the end of the Psychic/Special type dominance, the DQ III version of Kanto, etc.

GSC was a good step. Completely and totally useless now. I doubt we'll ever see Pokemon Gold Sun or Silver Moon.

Firestorm said:
I never understood the love for GSC.

I just explained it to you. :lol All of the teams I've used since the GS days had a variation of Curselax in them.

Seriously though, I loved breeding. It is true that it only got better in the newer games, obviously.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'd love to know what that tidbit about Lucas on that Japanese site is. I just wish it didn't have the word "unfortunate" in it. That word is paired with Mother all too often.

And what's this about strategy guides?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
The game has probably gone gold. For those that don't know there were 4,435 connections last week for Brawl on Nintendo Wi-Fi connection so obviously something is going on (Stress testing?) :D http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9055126&postcount=1

Gold announcement for Christmas day update? :D

Why would something be tested after it has gone gold? It would make it impossible to fix anything on the client end. I would say they're doing the final sprint so that the game will go gold first or second week of January.

Firestorm

Kirby and Wario were playable instead of DK and Sonic in the Jump Festa demo:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9044861&postcount=75

Man God said:
I heard Jiggly complaining about the beginning of GSC earlier. He's right that the game has about a half hour of pain, he has the wrong location though. The Whirl Islands suck ass.

Why did people like GSC? Breeding, the end of the Psychic/Special type dominance, the DQ III version of Kanto, etc.

GSC was a good step. Completely and totally useless now. I doubt we'll ever see Pokemon Gold Sun or Silver Moon.

Interestingly enough, Psychic is a horrible type and Special sucks now.

Stumpokapow said:
Why would something be tested after it has gone gold? It would make it impossible to fix anything on the client end. I would say they're doing the final sprint so that the game will go gold first or second week of January.

Server based issues? Of course I'm just pulling all these assumations out of my arse :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heh, I know all about Pokemon, I'm not lapsed at all. Psychic isn't that bad and Attack is now the more dominant of the two.

Stumpokapow said:
There's still another region they need to test for.

TreIII

Firestorm said:
Kirby and Wario were playable instead of DK and Sonic in the Jump Festa demo:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9044861&postcount=75

Which makes sense, considering where the game was being marketed this time. In Japan, they could care less about Sonic (or at least, certainly not to the degree that Westerners do), while they would definitely value Kirby more.

As for Wario vs. DK? Well, it's my sincere hope that the reason they took him out was because they decided to use the extra time from testing him out back at E for All to buff him up a bit, but that will remain to be seen.

Firestorm

Man God said:
Heh, I know all about Pokemon, I'm not lapsed at all. Psychic isn't that bad and Attack is now the more dominant of the two.

I was just remarking on how GSC changed the two, that's all. Nothing against you!

Jiggy

Man God said:
the DQ III version of Kanto
It scares me how few people will understand this reference. ;_;

pulga said:
So, X-mas surprise tonight, guys?
You know it. Luigi + Jigglypuff + Ness + Captain Falcon, one glorious character reveal. Be there or be... asleep?

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
You know it. Luigi + Jigglypuff + Ness + Captain Falcon, one glorious character reveal. Be there or be... asleep?

You really think we'll be that fortunate? I mean, sure, we already can assume that at least 3 of those denizens are still in the game, but all at once?

I'm sticking it safe. A Final Smash that has not yet been covered (Sonic, Zelda, Zamus), or an Assist Trophy that we have yet to see that we have already seen.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm with Jiggy on this one, I'm really hoping for the four original unlockables to return.
I know, I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Let me believe.

You know, ordinarily I'd say something along the lines of how even if only Ness was revealed, it would be fine, but I actually like all four of the original unlockables. So I can't really say it in honesty.

m00

Iam Canadian said:
I'd love to know what that tidbit about Lucas on that Japanese site is. I just wish it didn't have the word "unfortunate" in it. That word is paired with Mother all too often.
MOTHERファンの皆さんには残念なお知らせですが、どうやらリュカは使えなさそうです。
I think he's just saying that Lucas wasn't playable in the demo. STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE. :D

Anyway, for tonight, I'm playing the odds and predicting a Metroid update.

Jiggy

TreIII said:
You really think we'll be that fortunate? I mean, sure, we already can assume that at least 3 of those denizens are still in the game, but all at once?
I don't believe in the least that it'll happen. :D But two things:

1) I specialize in getting my hopes up when it comes to Wii content even when everything says I shouldn't! For example, today was a lame Christmas Eve Virtual Console Monday, so now I've simply moved into hyping myself up for an awesome New Year's Eve VC Monday even though I'm sure I'll be disappointed again. :D Edit: And then after the New Year's Eve VC Monday fails to deliver, I'll hype myself up for the first VC Monday of 2008!

2) I enjoy predicting big because if I actually end up being right against all odds, I look more legendary. >_> :D

pulga

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
It scares me how few people will understand this reference. ;_;

Brave man. I'll predict X-Mas themed Smashville. Ho ho ho, you know Sakurai would crush our dreams like that.

And hopefully, I'll be getting drunk, so cheers!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just got back from a shitty Christmas Eve party. I'm going to predict a newcomer tonight to raise my spirits.

Sonic's final smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom