• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

A Method to Make the Gentle World 13-14

I'm slightly surprised in how the story is progressing. I thought they were going to use Haruka as a springboard to introduce us to Aoi's problems, but they're actually spending a lot more time on Haruka than I thought. It seems the focus is on her for now, with most of the other stories for the other characters remaining in the background (such as how the other girls feel slightly uncomfortable with how Aoi acts). I don't have a problem with this though. Haruka's earnestness is growing on me, and I'm glad they're exploring the distance between her and Tomonaga instead of just using her as a convenient plot device.

Unfortunately, I'm not too interested in Touko or her issues, mostly because she hasn't really shown an interesting variation in expressions for me. I personally think that, if they want me to sympathize with her more, they should spend more time gradually introducing her issues instead of dumping them on me pretty much out of nowhere.

Every time I read a chapter of this manga, I'm always surprised at how much I enjoy it. The art is nice, the main character isn't too bad (the story isn't centered on him right now so he isn't that interesting, but he's pretty likeable in my opinion), and everyone feels pretty down-to-earth. For me, the manga manages to feel slow, but not sluggish, and I enjoy that pace. It has that nice seinen feel without feeling too dramatic. Too bad it's quarterly. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I gather based on your comments that every single girl in Aunt Tits has a severe mental disorder

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I gather based on your comments that every single girl in Aunt Tits has a severe mental disorder

Every single girl in every harem manga has a severe mental disorder.

(Except for Urusai Yatsura and even then... Dat Shinobu)

upandaway

Does it really count as a mental disorder if every female in the manga has it?

At that point the norm will be the disorder and the disorder will be the norm.

Haly

Does it really count as a mental disorder if every female in the manga has it?

At that point the norm will be the disorder and the disorder will be the norm.

Yes, it still does.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They usually make up for being implausibly dumb/naive by being only momentarily annoyed when the MC sees them naked or trips and falls into their crotch.

That's never happened to me and if it did I think I'd get i more trouble.

Haly

What a pity.

I trip and faceplant into girls' tits/crotches all the time and I'm usually awarded by a glimpse into their deredere side.

thenexus6

WgXEXKb.jpg

My NHK 7 finally came, been so hard to find over the months found it used in good condition so imported it from the US.

Now set is now complete and I can start reading 7&8.

dKQNO7J.jpg

The rise of the Deres and Moe was the beginning of even worse shitty characterisation for women in shounen mangas.

Well except Natsu from Baby Steps, and Robin from One Piece. Both are great.

Lain

The Woman in the Corner Room by Marui Maru

An oldie, but still good story of passion and lust and how that passion and lust can overthrown reason easily.
One of the better qualities in the story is that the woman in said corner room reminds me a lot of Meme Touwa (when not wearing the stalker-looking mask/get-up).

dumbyugi

Kenichi 548

Why did they even think guns would work? I also liked that those 2 students saw Kenichi get kidnapped right infront of them and their first thought is pretty much "wow Miu sure ran off fast".

Stulaw

Countrouble 1-37 (end)
This was actuqlly pretty good, I was looking fora short harem manga and this actually had a good ending.

It's art and story was done by the artist for Trinity 7, it's about a guy that wishes for help with getting the girl he likes to be his girlfriend. An angel in the form of a little girl dressed as a witch appears to help him with her magic, the only problem is that her magic requires the MC to repeat a task 10 times before it comes into effect.

Fairy Tail 361

...seriously, the lady happens to be pregnant? I cant help but think these curses of theirs, are just magic, just with triggers and stuff.

Sekaioni 1-2

Art is a bit sloppy, perhaps purposely to show the twisted parts of the story. Story basically is a lil gal living a crappy life with hallucinations(demons?) that appear in reflections....that turn out to be real? Interesting read.

Wiseblade

1) Naruto ends
2) Bleach ends
3) the current One Piece arc ends
4) A new Hunter X Hunter chapter is released
5) A new Berserk chapter is released
6) Ippo and Kumi start dating for real
7) Alibaba and Mor stat dating for real
8) One Piece ends
9) Nisekoi ends
10) Ippo ends

Put in order of when you think each event will take place (soonest first).

LeleSocho

Banned
1) the current One Piece arc ends
2) A new Hunter X Hunter chapter is released
3) Naruto ends
4) Bleach ends
5) Ippo and Kumi start dating for real
6) Alibaba and Mor stat dating for real
7) A new Berserk chapter is released
8) Nisekoi ends
9) Ippo ends
10) One Piece ends

[Fugo]

1) Naruto ends
2) the current One Piece arc ends
3) Bleach ends
4) A new Berserk chapter is released
5) A new Hunter X Hunter chapter is released
7) One Piece ends
8) Ippo and Kumi start dating for real
9) Ippo ends

not reading Nisekoi so I put that out of the list

Nordicus

Bara no Tame ni 29-32

At this point I wonder how many of the fans of this manga take it super-seriously. The moral compasses of Yuri's new family are still spinning at 1000 rounds per minute (if they haven't been flung into the orbit already) and the results of this are pretty damn hilarious.

Yuri's mother hates her guts but can't bring herself to make Yuri to move out of the mansion (except through marriage),her older sister is lazy, manipulative and possibly has "trolling through selective wording" as her favorite hobby, her older brother is this weird tsundere type character, and her little brother a complete incestuous nutjob. Yuri herself is the most "normal" person out of the bunch, that's not saying a lot

It's like I'm reading Addam's Family, except instead of monster family weirdness, we have fucked up high class family weirdness. With a bit less comedy but it is certainly there. I mean, just look at this.

I don't think he got the message Sumire. Try shouting a bit louder

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail

Waste of a "you can only save one" plot, at least have the chapter end before Natsu saves them leaving us with some tension

It was a false dilemma because the guy was already going to kill everyone. He was just fucking with Lucy.

Angry Grimace

[Fugo];90862043 said:
1) Naruto ends
3) Bleach ends
4) A new Berserk chapter is released
5) A new Hunter X Hunter chapter is released
7) One Piece ends
8) Ippo and Kumi start dating for real
9) Ippo ends

not reading Nisekoi so I put that out of the list

We got a shitload of hype and OMGOMGOMG from Kubo telling us about the final arc, and we haven't heard shit about Naruto. I think there's going to be another arc and I don't think they're going to end at the same time either given Jump's record of extending popular series.

Akito

1) A new Berserk chapter is released
3) A new Hunter X Hunter chapter is released (Man, I'm so optimistic)
4) Bleach ends
5) Naruto ends
7) Alibaba and Mor stat dating for real
6) Nisekoi ends
8) One Piece ends

Don't read Ippo so yeah

Kyuur

I don't read Ippo or Nisekoi.

1) A new Berserk chapter is released
2) A new Hunter X Hunter chapter is released
3) the current One Piece arc ends
4) Bleach ends
5) Naruto ends
7) One Piece ends

I have a feeling this One Piece arc is going to be a long one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom