• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

I supposed I should be shocked posting the entire exchange where your editing other posts was materially relevant and expliclity addressed as to why it was wrong isn't good enough for you.
Considering I already told you (on that same page you linked to, in fact) that that complaint of yours was bullshit, probably not.

Just because I don't quote your entire message, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm being intellectually dishonest. That's bullshit.
Please explain how exactly my "edits" (really makes it sound like I actually changed your words, that's nice) were dishonest, there.

Articalys

Hayate no Gotoku! ch.431

2SpCWVY.gif

I knew that's what had to happen, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

dumbyugi

Hayate no Gotoku! 431

This is the way the arc was always going to end, but that doesn't make it any less painful. Makes me feel bad for Hayate and Ruka.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Considering I already told you (on that same page you linked to, in fact) that that complaint of yours was bullshit, probably not.

Just because I don't quote your entire message, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm being intellectually dishonest. That's bullshit.
Please explain how exactly my "edits" (really makes it sound like I actually changed your words, that's nice) were dishonest, there.

Sure, I said to you,
Sure, except now you're saying the plot doesn't make sense because "maybe" something could happen. You're actually grafting your fan theory (which has no basis in the ongoing story at all, I might add) onto to the plot, adopting it as what Kishimoto intended and then saying it's dumb. Can you honestly say you think the most likely interpretation of the plot involves this long chain of extrapolation about how the Gedo can secretly be activated without any of the tailed beasts, etc. and that Madara literally doesn't understand his own plan at all to the point of being completely ignorant of how it works?

Which you quoted as:

Sure, except now you're saying the plot doesn't make sense because "maybe" something could happen.
which completely removes the textual conversation explaining why I thought your logic was flawed.

Then, I post:

The fact that Obito doesn’t qualify each and every weakness of casting Infinite Tsukiyomi doens’t mean it has no weaknesses unless you’re operating under the assumption that everything you are told is completely true and has no further information at all. It was heavily inferred anyways. Besides, why would Tobi even bother to extract the tailed beasts anyways? Getting their chakra was easier.

Which you then quote as
The fact that Obito doesn’t qualify each and every weakness of casting Infinite Tsukiyomi doens’t mean it has no weaknesses

and then you complain that there's no basis for this. I then explained to you for a third time that I think its inferred by virtue of the fact Obito was repeatedly attempting to capture the entire beast, not merely portions of their chakra, which required a lot more effort. You continually edited that part out and refused to address it until I said:

've actually answered you like four times, you just keep cutting the answer out of my quote and then saying it doesn't make sense. It's dishonest and I'm not going to go further with you on the topic if you are going to keep doing that.

Is that good enough? Its the My Cousin Vinny argument - Ralph Macchio didn't actually shoot the clerk.

in an interview last year bleach said it was going to end soon. then naruto said it was going to as well, and then jump said that naruto will be extended.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...aruto-manga-to-continue-longer-than-1.5-years

PERIOD.

The only reason Naruto is going to last another year is because Kishi is dragging this shit through the mud. Seriously in the past 40 chapters we've gotten maybe 10 chapters worth of plot

Erigu

Sure, I said to you
[...]
Which you quoted as [...] which completely removes the textual conversation explaining why I thought your logic was flawed.
And while I didn't specifically quote and reply to it, it's still there for everybody to see, don't worry.

Why didn't I reply to the rest of your post in details? Because I didn't need to.
"now you're saying the plot doesn't make sense because "maybe" something could happen."
And like I said in my reply, nope, that wasn't what I was saying. Wrong premise. So what followed was moot.

But if you absolutely want me to react in detail anyway:

"You're actually grafting your fan theory (which has no basis in the ongoing story at all, I might add) onto to the plot"
My "fan theory" was that Obito could initiate his end game (the Eternal Tsukuyomi) with only seven beasts and bits of chakra of the remaining two. It was based on... well, Obito saying exactly that. A bit more than a "fan theory", then, I guess, huh?
Oh, and Madara also said the exact same thing quite recently, in fact. Funny how Kishimoto keeps inserting my "fan theory" in his series.

"Can you honestly say you think the most likely interpretation of the plot involves this long chain of extrapolation about how the Gedo can secretly be activated without any of the tailed beasts, etc."
I don't remember saying anything about that. But yeah, if only bits of chakra are enough for two of the beasts, I guess that might work for all of them. Which is silly, considering Akatsuki's machinations so far. Hence my arguing it's a plot hole.

"Can you honestly say you think the most likely interpretation of the plot involves this long chain of extrapolation about how the Gedo can secretly be activated without any of the tailed beasts, etc. and that Madara literally doesn't understand his own plan at all to the point of being completely ignorant of how it works?"
Dunno about that one either. But as said above, Madara seems to agree that they don't need the remaining tailed beasts. And the two of them don't seem to be pulling their punches either.
And again, I agree that it doesn't make sense. That's the problem with plot holes.

Then, I post:
[...]
Which you then quote as
Same thing there, but I'll humor you:

"The fact that Obito doesn’t qualify each and every weakness of casting Infinite Tsukiyomi doens’t mean it has no weaknesses unless you’re operating under the assumption that everything you are told is completely true and has no further information at all."
Already addressed earlier when I asked you why Obito would lie about that.

I then explained to you for a third time that I think its inferred by virtue of the fact Obito was repeatedly attempting to capture the entire beast, not merely portions of their chakra, which required a lot more effort. You continually edited that part out
("implied", not "inferred")
Already addressed there. I agree that it makes no sense for Obito to go through all that trouble if only bits of chakra were enough. That's why I think it's a plot hole.
To argue that this apparently illogical behavior of a character necessarily implies there's something more that we don't know about is to flat out deny the possibility of a plot hole, which is quite generous of you (especially considering Kishimoto's track record).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And while I didn't specifically quote and reply to it, it's still there for everybody to see, don't worry.

Why didn't I reply to the rest of your post in details? Because I didn't need to.
"now you're saying the plot doesn't make sense because "maybe" something could happen."
And like I said in my reply, nope, that wasn't what I was saying. Wrong premise. So what followed was moot.

But if you absolutely want me to react in detail anyway:

"You're actually grafting your fan theory (which has no basis in the ongoing story at all, I might add) onto to the plot"
My "fan theory" was that Obito could initiate his end game (the Eternal Tsukuyomi) with only seven beasts and bits of chakra of the remaning two. It was based on... well, Obito saying exactly that. A bit more than a "fan theory", then, I guess, huh?
Oh, and Madara also said the exact same thing quite recently, in fact. Funny how Kishimoto keeps inserting my "fan theory" in his series.

"Can you honestly say you think the most likely interpretation of the plot involves this long chain of extrapolation about how the Gedo can secretly be activated without any of the tailed beasts, etc."
I don't remember saying anything about that. But yeah, if only bits of chakra are enough for two of the beasts, I guess that might work for all of them. Which is silly, considering Akatsuki's machinations so far. Hence my arguing it's a plot hole.

"Can you honestly say you think the most likely interpretation of the plot involves this long chain of extrapolation about how the Gedo can secretly be activated without any of the tailed beasts, etc. and that Madara literally doesn't understand his own plan at all to the point of being completely ignorant of how it works?"
Dunno about that one either. But as said above, Madara seems to agree that they don't need the remaining tailed beasts. And the two of them don't seem to be pulling their punches either.
And again, I agree that it doesn't make sense. That's the problem with plot holes.

Same thing there, but I'll humor you:

"The fact that Obito doesn’t qualify each and every weakness of casting Infinite Tsukiyomi doens’t mean it has no weaknesses unless you’re operating under the assumption that everything you are told is completely true and has no further information at all."
Already addressed earlier when I asked you why Obito would lie about that.

("implied", not "inferred")
Already addressed there. I agree that it makes no sense for Obito to go through all that trouble if only bits of chakra were enough. That's why I think it's a plot hole.
To argue that this apparently illogical behavior of a character necessarily implies there's something more that we don't know about is to flat out deny the possibility of a plot hole, which is quite generous of you (especially considering Kishimoto's track record).
Stop. I'm over it, nobody else is interested in continuing this.

wonzo

Banned
New Waves 138

FUCK

YES

OPM 29.5-30

It's nice to see the dude that translated the webcomic version translating this one now that Boon's done with it. The "prediction" was just as hilarious as I remember it being too!

Zai x 10 5

Who knew gag manga's had so much power?!

Tonari no Seki-kun 41

Pre-class tea ceremonies should be mandatory in every school.

Hayate no Gotoku - This chapter is amazing. Ruka is seriously the best girl. It's a shame that idol culture basically prevents relationships from ever happening. This was a bittersweet ending to this arc. A lot of character developments happened. I wonder how many comedy chapters we will get before the author starts a new arc.

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 140

ಠ_ಠ

i mad

Log Horizon 3

The better art and the quicker pacing really makes this a far more delectable experience than the (pretty decent) anime. I'm gonna wait till a few more chapters are out though before reading the gaiden spinoff.

yuki-chan 39

2moe

The Zoldycks suck the life out of the HxH series. Fuck this shit.
Da fuq? The Zoldyck family's up there with the Phantom Troupe & Hisoka as some of the most interesting character's in the entire series.

Hayate 431
Sad it ended like that. Too bad Ruka is going to be gone for some time. I liked her. So I guess its back to rooting for Hinagiku. Surprised that Hayate is actually aware of females.

Senyuu Vol.1 13

zCoesdel.png

The face of a lolicon.

Rin-ne 160

You know I do like these chapters where a bunch of characters do something.

Zai x 10 05

The power of a gag manga.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata 02

I think having the focus on the supposed heroine would be pretty interesting. Probably still too early to really tell though.

Maou na Ano Ko to Murabito A 04

Nercomancers are always somehow so moe.

I am liking they are playing up the whole role things more here.

AKB49 140

ಠ_ಠ

i mad

Log Horizon 3

The better art and the quicker pacing really makes this a far more delectable experience than the (pretty decent) anime. I'm gonna wait till a few more chapters are out though before reading the gaiden spinoff.

yuki-chan 39

2moe

Da fuq? The Zoldyck family's up there with the Phantom Troupe & Hisoka as some of the most interesting character's in the entire series.
Im rereading that Akulla bullshit. Togashi realized he made a mistake....

Best Ending 2
tumblr_mwpa5sjDom1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The sadistic prideful character route is a good one for this. The sister gave good advice and using that advice that gave a good scene and good confessional with even some blushing going on. I always enjoy seeing these character types get all flustered and blush and turn red when confronted. I hope theres more.

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 01-11

Time to join the this is pretty awesome train.

The premise is pretty interesting and I rather like the art and the style used for this. It's feels all pretty whimsical and the art just adds to it. I'm liking the character development going on here and the relationship between the characters is pretty nice. All in all makes this a really nice read.

Haven't read Hayate but I'm not surprised in the least that Ruka got sacked. I am however surprised that he was able to move past Athena that fast. I thought she didn't have a hope in hell but once again, Hayate is one of the more realistic MCs in this type of manga and actually considered a relationship.

Wish we could get back to more of Hayate instead of the damn waifu brigade.

EDIT: Read it, really good chapter.

Cerity

Last Inning 122-172
The series has definitely stepped up now that they're actually playing in the tournament they want to be playing in. Can't help but feel that the author could have pulled off the whole one year thing better.

https://twitter.com/SASAKI_Hisashi/status/404151535795314688

I don't know if it was even mentioned in this thread before but one thing I learned from this tweet is that apparently the French license title for the Kimi ni Todoke manga is just "Sawako". A bit too simplistic, if you ask me.

I actually thought of the whole "Sounds a bit too much like Sadako" thing before remembering that was actually used in the series. I'll start reading it the series again one day.

Articalys

A literal translation wouldn't be really catchy.
It's not like a literal translation was their only translation option, though. I mean, they managed to come up with "Que sa volonté soit faite" for TWGOK, which isn't exactly a direct translation either. And they've kept the Japanese title for a couple series as well, like Zettai Karen Children...

Well, whatever, I guess that's just how Kana rolls. Apparently they think it'll market best that way, and I guess they have the data to back it up.

Kannagi 48
HKtPS9C.jpg

Welp.

MC, you need to get your priorities straight. There are two vastly superior choices, one of whom likes you and another who likes messing with you, and they share the same body. Seriously, this isn't rocket science.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 87
MAD WAX is one of the best chapter titles of anything ever.

A chapter title fit for the best bro ever, Andre…

Magi 204

lol, Alibaba's such a massive weenie it actually inspires people. He's like the inverse Sinbad.

Speaking of Sinbad, having read the spinoff manga, I can guarantee the little beef he has with Yunan is 99.99999999999999999999999999999% likely to be over something really dumb and funny.

Sinbad 14

The action was a bit hard to follow but this was a really good chapter. I hope this is the beginning of the author of this coming into their own.

Nordicus

Hatarakanai Futari 1-8

My god, it's a new genre... "Unemployed NEET Moe!"

Edit: Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata 1-2

Otaku guy is trying to turn this super-plain girl into a galge heroine. An interesting premise I suppose, the whole "Wow, I'm actually stunned by how little I feel for this cute girl" angle is fairly unique, but I'm not sure if the author can deliver. At least the writer seems to be somewhat genre-savvy (for example, knowing that the busybody childhood friend who wakes you up every morning is a tired trope) so maybe there's hope

Kigurumi 1

The Tokyo area has been stricken by the emergence of Simultaneous Sudden Death syndrome, a phenomenon whereby groups of people inexplicably die of heart failure. Naturally, the actual cause is gigantic time-freezing stuffed animals rampaging around turning hapless individuals into mulch.

Fortunately for humanity, a handful of people are immune to the timehax. The MC just so happens to be one such person, and just so happens to be capable of fusing with a stuffed animal to become a psychotic looking rabbit capable of beating the stuffing out of his adversaries.

I want to hook this to my veins. It's gruesome, twisted, and I'd be over the freakin' moon right now if it wasn't only 1 volume long aaaarrrggghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom