• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aunt Tits 103
yqFyXo5.png
Minamoto is fucked. In more ways than one.

Nisekoi 100

Yep, that's the huge and exciting development I was expecting from chapter 100 of this.

Gakuen Heaven Revolution 18 (end)
tumblr_mwpz71CfbM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

And so our time at BL Academy comes to an end. It was a wild ride with an explosive final chapter and a reveal that made me have to pause and leave for a bit. Completely unbelievable at the Chairman reveal. Needless to say I wasnt expecting it and it delivered. I dont even think there were any hints anywhere to even suggest that that was the character to be Chairman.

Ill miss my time with Keita, Kazuki, and everyone else through these past one year with the manga and definitely thought it was a great school life type series with sweet drama and nice friendship going on.

GManDH

so i posted this earlier and now ill follow up on it.

If one punch man is very similar to the original story why do people want to read it so much? is the original one really old? is the new author changing some stuff around to last longer?

If one punch man is very similar to the original story why do people want to read it so much? is the original one really old? is the new author changing some stuff around to last longer?

I dont understand the question, or really the concern that one would need a reason to have a desire to read the original version to [insert franchise name] media adaptation of a series?

Same reason people watch the 03 version of fma when brotherhood exists

GManDH

Same reason people watch the 03 version of fma when brotherhood exists

dont get me wrong, i want to read it, currently reading and watching other series adding another one would fry my brain, and i will read it. im just wondering if anyone wants to know what happens dont they just have to go look at the original or is the new author using the same story but inserting stuff in the middle? im not dissing it, im trying to understand the psychology of reading a series that's already published.

The Flow Stream 23

Staying at the school is the best option for keeping the story good but now to want to drop out, I hope he can be convinced to stay, he can form new friends with the two others on the team.

Lain

The Breaker New Waves 138

So short QQ
I like how the people that got their heads bashed in were all males, while that girl with the sexy hair just got that other dude thrown on her.

Soul Cartel 98

Its so hard to keep up with all these, but epic chapter as usual. I dont know how the humans will fit into this with Mephisto and Beelzebub fighting, but I kind of want to see if all three can take on the third archdevil.

Hachi 5

Drak is the best of the new characters introduced, funny personality. Unfortunately, I dont know if it is the saving element this series needs to completely not fall to the bottom of JUMP.

Ikezu Kareshi no Otoshikata 2
BZxcf3DCEAAevsn.png

Tanaka, the editor, knows the best type of work, good chapter. SLight role reversal for Yukio leading to a good result actually made the chapter 2 the best one yet and probably most memorable of the theme so far. Looking forward to more writers tackling the manga editor writer happenings. Best face.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 100 - ..........

Like, you could've done SOMETHING with this chapter.

An entire chapter of fantasizing about what would happen if plot actually advanced

fucken hilarious

Fairy Tail 361

Well I was completely wrong on what what would happen. The council member is terrible though, kind of almost would have wished he saw an unhappy end.

Kokushi Musou 3

The pacing is glacially slow, though Kid is hilarious. I would like for him to go back to Ro at least as I think thats vital for escaping this place, assuming the writer wants to ever advance there.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 6

Yeah, she must be screaming internally after hearing that

I wish we had spent just a few more chapters with the secret staying between just the two of them, but if the next chapter is exceptionally fun, then I'll be fine with class rep knowing about the vampirism so early.

Tonari no Seki 1-13
Cute and quirky manga. I like that Seki never talks. its all the obsevation of the reader and Yokoi's narration. He does some amazing things. I also like his weaknesses they are cute and he isn't a bland god character. These kind of characterizations are adding a bit more fun with each chapter

Soko wa Chuumon no Ooi Ryouriten

An one-shot about a girl who frequents a diner where she thinks the owner doesn't like her.

Well a quick one-shot. Nice use of food and the ending was pretty cute.

Hot Ice Tune

An one-shot about the relationship between a guy and the girl whose moving away.

Kinda cute, a nice little romantic story of course.

Ace of Diamond 1 - 19

Well its just as good as the anime, will definitely keep following along both anime and manga.So many good feelings of determination, passion for baseball and just good comedy. Kuromachi for best roommate and best energy, along with Furuya, Miyuki, Eijun, and Takigawa Chris Yuu, and Kominato for my favorites. Really good baseball story.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Art adds a whole new dimension to the story.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 46

Wut, at that ending for this chapter.

While it totally isn't out of character for this, it still was pretty silly how this chapter ended.

Pretty great chapter nonetheless, since we're reaching the homestretch, we're gonna get all these relationships resolved and nothing makes me happier to see that for this series.

wonzo

Banned
Hatarakanai Futari 1-8

A NEET pair of siblings bum around all day. A rather amusing collection of 1-3 page chapters ensures.

Magdala de Nemure 5

catgirl heretic moe

Sinbad 15A

Ugh, just as things were starting to get good, the publishers decide to split these biweekly chapters in half for a weekly release which kills the ebb and flow of each chapter. It's almost as if the publishers don't want this to succeed. Dropped.

Kieli

Akame ga Kill

Man, that ability is so cheap. How in the world will they ever be able to beat that?!...

Vinland Saga

Thorfinn and co. are finally off Farmland Saga, I presume. As much as I loved the series at its start, I wasn't sold on pacifist Thorfinn (I'm still not sold). It's not quite that I want the series to be blood 'n guts violence or anything like that, but I feel like the current happenings are dragging and dreary.

I don't feel connected to the current side-characters like I was in Planetes, so almost all of the events of the current arc feel hollow to me. I could not invest any emotion at all into the proceedings. I certainly like my slow-paced, contemplative fiction (but not like this).

Akame ga Kill

Man, that ability is so cheap. How in the world will they ever be able to beat that?!...

Vinland Saga

Thorfinn and co. are finally off Farmland Saga, I presume. As much as I loved the series at its start, I wasn't sold on pacifist Thorfinn (I'm still not sold). It's not quite that I want the series to be blood 'n guts violence or anything like that, but I feel like the current happenings are dragging and dreary.

I don't feel connected to the current side-characters like I was in Planetes, so almost all of the events of the current arc feel hollow to me. I could not invest any emotion at all into the proceedings. I certainly like my slow-paced, contemplative fiction (but not like this).

farmland saga 2 coming up.

Anagle Mole 37-41

It takes talent to consistently pull off shounen strategies without making them feel contrived. Fukuchi knows what he's doing.

This needs an anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom