• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

666 Satan
Awesome

Pick one. I couldn't even read the first volume entirely regretting buying it...and it costed only 1€.

666 Satan is actually really good after the first few volumes. Solid characters, good fights, inventive usage of powers. This is much like his other series, Blazer Drive. It does have issues, of course but Vol. 1 is definitely not indicative of the rest of the manga.

wonzo

Banned
Shirogane no Nina 1-4
shiroganenonina1.png
A 27 year old failure moves from Tokyo back to his rural hometown only to end up taking care of his 10 year old niece who moved away from Finland and her mother to pursue her dream of being an Akiba idol and a uh… Precure.

basically she's a slightly older version of yotsuba and this manga owns

edit:
Circumstances of a Vegetarian Child Werewolf
A oneshot from the same author about a child werewolf that has sworn to vegetarianism so he won't have to eat his adoptive "meaty" sister who has the hots for when he turns 15 in his coming of age ceremony.

this needs to be serialised so bad
dead.png

Tonari no Seki 14-35
Fairly fun. Seki is kind of cute in his childishness. I also like Gotou's imagination. Yokoi is pretty cool in being able to counter Seki's cruel activities

Yuurei Ryokou Dairiten - Soul Mate Tourist 01-13

Rw1BaCal.png

A timid girl who can see spirits gets roped up into becoming a tour guide for remaining souls.

It's not bad. I rather like the premise of this series. Becoming a tour guide for spirits is pretty interesting and it is a nice method so that we can see some character development for the lead girl. It's pretty light hearted and the different characters aren't all that bad either.

Will keep reading just to see this lead character develop as a character.

Lirlond

Jojolion

Also the stone thing must be something to do with Stand rejection? Kinda like what happened to Holly in part 3.

Whoah, someone who can analyse stands?! Their stand seems so odd. Another walleyes fusion?

Averon

I don't know if Kishi can replicate another another Naruto-like hit. He may try, but I think he will fail, or at least any post-Naruto success won't be able to touch what he achieved with Naruto.

The Contract with Devil 3 and 3.5
tumblr_mwst4rOjso1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Good second story for this volume. It reminds me that often people are thrown into awkward family situations in which expectations are too high that people will get so pressured that they fail and then are unfortunately kicked out by their parents and left to get into some second rate school. Thankfully, in such situations they become independent and able to express their own wishes and carve out a life for their own. Leo the incubus helped in this situation and made it lively with the huge confrontation with Michiru(sp) brother to give a really delightful scene and start much of the romance progress going. Enjoyed it and the bonus chapter.

Cwarrior

wbCqdmw.png

Never forget (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)7

Ahh part 1 was truly the shit, Kishi love for Jesus naruto and Buddha sasuke really hurt every arc they were in, also how many parallels of naruto do we need(pain,tobi,minato).

When naruto's done I would like Kishi to allow tetsuya Nomura dream to come true by giving the rights to sasuke to him by renaming FFXV to sasuke chronicle when it still in development for Ps5 in 2019( sasuke & his team hawk).

wonzo

Banned
how anyone could want that mopey piece of shit sasuke to ruin yet another thing is beyond me

thats right, ffxv sasuke clone >>>>>>>>>>> the real thing

Hanabatake to Wakarebanashi 2

Finally an update and it was such a good chapter. Smiling the whole last half because of just the way it was written and how Yuiji managed to get Tatsuya to say that which he needed to say. Such intense friendship going on and how he wanted to at least stay friends for all of life and wanting Yuiji to be happy, but not Tatsuya finally getting to be happy too. Looking forward to much more later on.

Servant X Service 02

The anger against public servants.

The art is still pretty rough here. Not sure how long I want to keep going until this reaches stuff the anime didn't adapt.

Cerity

Fortune Arterial
Pretty standard fare tbh, at least the manga is better than the anime.

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga
Basically people are paired together based on genetics, the series is a bunch of shorts which revolve around the characters and the implications of being paired to someone when they are as young as 14. It sounded pretty promising from the description but was pretty shallow. You could have removed the whole genes/pairing thing and the series would still be the same, it was just a convenient excuse for the most part. It's a shame really, it could have been something, art was nice as well.

Aizo

Banned
Im telling you, give Kishi a half a year after Naruto ends and he will be an energized man come Mario.

Until that goes for several years, then where will we be?
I don't think I like starting long running series anymore. Too much of a time investment, and I'm just not ready to have my heart broken again by random hiatuses and drops in quality.

I'm just not that strong.
;_;

wonzo

Banned
Haganai 36

… and that girl would go on to found 0verflow. The end.

ShokuSoma 49

Can't wait for Tadokoro to steamroll everyone else with her newfound confidence.

Hantsu x Trash 22-23

Oh you dumb motherfucker.

Until that goes for several years, then where will we be?
I don't think I like starting long running series anymore. Too much of a time investment, and I'm just not ready to have my heart broken again by random hiatuses and drops in quality.

I'm just not that strong.
;_;

How would you know how long a series plans to be from the beginning if its new?

Nordicus

Centaur's Worries 1-36

My opinion of this manga was initially a bit lukewarm but got much more positive after a certain part.

Reading the first few chapters, I honestly didn't care much at all about Himeno and her classmates aside from the chapters where they explore the small things in daily life that'd be different in a world where centaurs, mermen, etc. are commonplace, although I will give this manga the praise that the antics of the kindergarten aged kids are painfully adorable, especially with this art style.

Then suddenly, Quetzalcoatal appears and my interest skyrockets

What makes her so interesting is that even in this universe where satyrs, demons, angels, centaurs, etc. live together, Quetzalcoatal's race, the "antarctican serpentines" are not even considered human. A lot of people seem to be prejudiced towards them and Himeno is downright afraid of them initially. Sure, for a decent reason, since the sight of a snake opening its jaw properly right in front of you is nothing if not frightning the first few times.

Because Quetzalcoatal is such a well-mannered girl, she manages to befriend a bunch of people really quickly, but even so, she sometimes makes small mistakes due to cultural differences and gets intimidated looks from people who don't really know her. She adapts pretty quickly and on occasion is actually more comfortable with Japanese culture than Antarctican, but she still remains this subtly unknown element. Even in this setting.

Shokugeki no Soma 48

Oh shit, French dude was first seat? Tadokoro was certainly hitting above her weight class.

And I bet the eight on the colored cover will be the ones to proceed.

Haikyuu!! 87
tumblr_mwtpnfWgIV1sepmpuo1_500.jpg

Kid Tsukki with the same personality and the knight in shining armor for Yamaguchi, this arc is delivering excellent moments for Tsukki. Was hoping it wouldnt make Hinata out to be the one to help develop Tsukki, which thankfully he didn't go that route. Yamaguchi having a key role is what has been needed so to come this point is really good.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 48

Oh shit, French dude was first seat? Tadokoro was certainly hitting above her weight class.

I'm still not over that because he was first seat, and Doujima still treated him like a little kid.

Like, just how high do the power levels even go to allow for something like that to happen.

Lain

Seven Shakespeares volume 1
RJ0.jpeg

My expectation weren't all that high for this. For one, I didn't even remember the author did Beck before /shame.
Then, there is the whole Shakespeare stuff, which doesn't fill me with confidence.
Well, I got quite a good first volume that left me wanting for more and more curious about the whole story, where it will go and how it'll expand and to know what will happen to certain characters (Li, for one) than I would have imagined.

The way the story starts feels right, showing us Shakespeare and the problems he's facing because "theater is the devil" and then plunging right away in telling us Li's story, which is quite sad and made me like her and cheer for her.
Li's background story is that she has... premonition abilities since she was young, and that caused problems for her family but also her, since everyone blames her, her own family as well, which is to be expected in those years where superstition was the rage and witch hunt par for the course.
Given her background, I was expecting something not nice to happen to her, though I wasn't expecting the twist and, while sad, I can't lie, I felt the assholes deserved it.

bjork

I remember when we used to sell bootleg-ass naruto DVDs, around the time the Rock Lee/gaara fight happened. I hated playing newer things in the store because people would stand around and watch the tv instead of buying and fucking off. But man, we had to play that, it was just too good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 48

The "French dude" is Japanese, he just lives in France. That was part of his character arc; everyone discriminated against him in France for being Japanese.

I like how Tadokoro and Soma are constantly threatened with expulsion even though its pretty clear there's a shit load of fodder students (e.g. anyone who doesn't have a name)

World Trigger 40
tumblr_mwtyzdn1CT1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Yosuke doing the 3 face too is funny, especially in the same panel with Yuma. On the other side of the chapter, Yuma v Midorikawa is best fight of the series. Rivalry is set up nicely, and Midorikawa isnt bad himself. I await the day they rematch using additional triggers.

Assassination Classroom 66
tumblr_mwu0k5zqxT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Why would they dress up Nagisa that way, :/. Though it was kind of funny at the end how it implied Yuuji x Nagisa could be possible, probably he would still love nagisa anyway once finding out hes male.

Otherwise in the typical odd scene imagery, the tornado panel was such an odd inclusion.

Ore ga Heroine o Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Mokushiroku!? 13-17
Forgot that all happened in a single day. Its a tad ridiculous. Also, I expect his harem will get pretty large soon.

naruto is back this week, no?

Yes, think last weeks issue on the page mentioned "Hashirama Vs Madara!! the unexpected outcome of the showdown fight is?""

You do realize this never actually happens right? I don't want to kill your fantasy or anything, but that only happens in explicitly marked yaoi.

Well we live in a progressive society, Id like to imagine it could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom