• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
Strategy Mode - Move your pieces around (pieces being SSBB characters, attacking a character results in you going into a regular HP battle with them - enemies can be basic enemies like Goombas, Assist Trophies, Bosses, playable characters, etc.)
Trophy-based strategy game would rock so hard. :O It would also enforce Sakurai's decree that we'll be playing every inch of this game. I mean, even the menus were interactive to an extent in Melee, so I wonder what they'll figure out for trophy collection, sound test, etc.

And, of course, the glorious statistics page. :D :D :D :D
Edit: Maybe a game of cross-stats comparison?! :eek: Like being able to find out that Mario has been KOed three times as often as Pikachu has self-destructed, which in terms of the percentage of all Pikachu KOs is 12% higher than the percentage of team battles Meta Knight participated in. :eek:

pulga

Banned
TreIII said:
They actually had moments were the Pokemon would be able to get hurt, or even die in grisly fashions, such as a Charizard getting its wings cut clean off, or another Pokemon getting impaled or otherwise getting a hole clean through it.

Holy shit, why hasn't anyone ever told me of this?! I need to get on top of this manga ASAP :lol

Firestorm

pulga said:
Holy shit, why hasn't anyone ever told me of this?! I need to get on top of this manga ASAP :lol

The manga is really really good. I was completely hooked on it. I've read only volumes 1 to 7 though. I don't want to start the Gold/Silver/Crystal arc until the entire thing is online =/ Only 1 to 7 were released in North America.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=64966

Oh, and Pokemon-wise, the fact that Dragonite can supposedly fly around the world in 16 hours but has base 80 speed annoys me >=(

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
Trophy-based strategy game would rock so hard. :O It would also enforce Sakurai's decree that we'll be playing every inch of this game. I mean, even the menus were interactive to an extent in Melee, so I wonder what they'll figure out for trophy collection, sound test, etc.

That would be awesome, even if it already has been done (thanks to the likes of Soul Calibur 3). Even so, who would care? I certainly wouldn't...:lol

At this stage, the only other thing that I think needs to be covered, are a "sim-life/dating mode" (which I talked about several pages ago), as well as maybe a card game mini-game. Yeah, I know there's Card Hero, and I'm sure Sakurai doesn't want to stomp all over that, but nevertheless...it would just be quite funny if they included that...especially in light of how games like Super Robot Wars OG: Gaiden has such a mini-game...

Firestorm said:
The manga is really really good. I was completely hooked on it. I've read only volumes 1 to 7 though. I don't want to start the Gold/Silver/Crystal arc until the entire thing is online =/ Only 1 to 7 were released in North America.

It'll be worth it, trust me.

Frankly, I never understood why Viz and Nintendo never emphasized the continuation of this manga. If they really went forward to try and hype it up as something COMPLETELY different and removed from the kid-friendly, 4kids-ized anime, I think it would have both sold better, and would have been well worth their time and money.

I mean, just being able to see the manga do things like
Have Mewtwo team up with Red to take on Deoxys and Giovanni
are awesome things that I really think that a Pokemon game should have done ages ago.

And again, not to sound like a bloodhound, but I really did dig the fight scenes which often were much, MUCH more brutal than anything the anime does. It does more to give credit that these things are supposed to be super-powered creatures that can do uber-powered things that could make even some American super-heroes bat an eye, as opposed to the "play-fighting" angle that the anime does.

Oh, and Pokemon-wise, the fact that Dragonite can supposedly fly around the world in 16 hours but has base 80 speed annoys me >=(

I always looked at it in a different light.

I mean, it's one thing to be speedy for such a thing like distance flying; I'm sure that once Draggy gets going, his momentum will probably take him far. But being in close corners combat is another thing altogether. His bulk would probably serve to work against him, when it came to fighting a much smaller and speedier opponent.

According to Wikipedia, Satoshi Tajiri said that the manga is what best protrays the world he was trying to convey.

I remember that quote. And though I can't confirm where I heard it originally, I'd believe him.

Firestorm

TreIII said:
When I first got introduced to this stuff, I was definitely going "GYAT DAMN! Why is the TV show so kiddy, and this stuff so hard-core in comparison?". And yet, in the end, the manga still does adhere to the overall spirit of the games, which is what makes me love it even more than the anime.

According to Wikipedia, Satoshi Tajiri said that the manga is what best protrays the world he was trying to convey.

Speaking of pokemans, Jiggy, if you still have the log of our tournament battle send it to me will you? I might make a warstory of it if I'm bored enough.

TreIII

A Link to the Snitch said:
So what if Rick Wheeler replaced Captain Falcon?

I'd doubt it. Even though Rick/Ryu did appear in a game, he's still predominantly based on a figure that has his roots in the F-Zero anime.

Therefore, I'm willing to bet that the whole notion of how Captain Falcon was dealt with in the anime (was actually sort of a "super hero guise" that was passed from capable person to person) will not be admissible. In short, I think that Kent Akechi from Maximum Velocity (claimed to be the son of Falcon) has a better chance of getting in than Rick Wheeler.

On the other hand, Zoda probably has a better chance of getting in, given that he's been a consistent series personality for a number of years, and F-Zero could always use a good villain in Smash. So, whether they decide to style him more after his anime incarnation (sort of like how Pikachu and Purin are based more on their anime counter-parts than anything else), I'm sure that could fly.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Maybe that's after it uses Dragon Dance six times.

Holy Order Sol said:
Then he'd better keep that helmet on.
Yep.

TreIII

vertopci said:
The hell. I didn't even know F-Zero had an anime.

F-Zero GP Legend. 4Kids tried butchering it for a while, but it was not very popular, so they ceased production.

It was ok, and had some nice Falcon Punch moments. But otherwise, mostly standard fare.

M3wThr33 said:
From the anime.

And again, that's pretty much the reason why I think he can't be put in. Sakurai said no anime-originating characters.

If Ash/Satoshi couldn't make it (to be represented by the more bad-ass Red/Pokemon Trainer), and he's practically a house-hold name, what chance does a relative nobody that few really cared about, like Wheeler/Suzaku, really have? :lol

Jiggy

For a second I felt like answering who Rick Wheeler was, but then I just closed the window--because, really, maybe if we ignore Wheeler long enough he'll simply stop existing, and that would be a win for everybody.

pulga

Banned
Firestorm said:

Oh God, Firestorm, you just basically contributed to many sleepless night on my end. There's a fuckton of material in there to read, should serve me good after I'm done with Phoenix Wright 3.

And I don't like Oak in this manga, he just called Red an idiot :(

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
For a second I felt like answering who Rick Wheeler was, but then I just closed the window--because, really, maybe if we ignore Wheeler long enough he'll simply stop existing, and that would be a win for everybody.

:lol

That's another reason why I like you, Jigs.

Stage On

pulga said:
Oh God, Firestorm, you just basically contributed to many sleepless night on my end. There's a fuckton of material in there to read, should serve me good after I'm done with Phoenix Wright 3.

And I don't like Oak in this manga, he just called Red an idiot :(

When you're done reading the online volumes you should seriously considering buying the actual books.

It's one hell of a good series after all and reading them by hand is 100x better then reading them off a computer screen! Plus why not support such a bad ass series by actually paying money for it!

I do still have my copies of the viz version of the comic when it was monthly exept for the very last issue which I could never find and I loved the series so much I STILL imported the signapor versions of 1-7, if for no other reason then to have them in a more conventent format (plus the viz version dosn't have the extra page or two that hints at GS in volume 7)

And of course the scans don't cover the third, forth and fifth chapter anyhow so you'd be missing out on some of the best parts of the story.

I just wish the Signapor version would hurry the hell up since it's so far behind. Volume 25 only just came out recently and the japanse version is already on volume 28 so we're a full 3 volumes behind :(

On a more Smash related note I'm going to be very disapointed if Lucario dosn't turn up as an unlockable character at this point since it's his best chance to get in while D/P is still fresh.

TreIII

Stage On said:
On a more Smash related note I'm going to be very disapointed if Lucario dosn't turn up as an unlockable character at this point since it's his best chance to get in while D/P is still fresh.

I'm pretty much thinking that he's gonna be in.

After all, he is one of the, if not possibly THE most recognizable face of the D/P generation. Couple that with the fact that he's powered by a pretty famous seiyuu in Japan (Daisuke Namikawa, who's known in the VG world for his roles as Cornelius in Odin Sphere, Miyamoto Musashi in Sengoku BASARA 2/Heroes and Yoshitsune in Genji: Dawn of the Samruai, among others), and I think you got enough reason to put him in the game on that kind of appeal, alone.

Though, I would hope that they would be able to do something cool with him in-game, as well. As much as an obvious Street Fighter in-joke as Lucario is...they'd better go all out with making him as such in Brawl.

*nominates Close Combat to be a Shun Goku Satsu type Final Smash for him* :D

I think Mario from Smash 64 was already a Ryu-type character. Fireball = Hadouken, Up + B = Shoryuken, and Down + B = Hurricane Kick (all equivalents, not exacts), as well as being balanced fighting style and having a clone (Luigi). Then Melee comes and they began changing Mario, and Brawl changes him even more, so Lucario would be going back to having a Ryu/Ken-like character.

pulga

Banned
Stage On said:
When you're done reading the online volumes you should seriously considering buying the actual books.

It's one hell of a good series after all and reading them by hand is 100x better then reading them off a computer screen! Plus why not support such a bad ass series by actually paying money for it!

I do still have my copies of the viz version of the comic when it was monthly exept for the very last issue which I could never find and I loved the series so much I STILL imported the signapor versions of 1-7, if for no other reason then to have them in a more conventent format (plus the viz version dosn't have the extra page or two that hints at GS in volume 7)

And of course the scans don't cover the third, forth and fifth chapter anyhow so you'd be missing out on some of the best parts of the story.

I just wish the Signapor version would hurry the hell up since it's so far behind. Volume 25 only just came out recently and the japanse version is already on volume 28 so we're a full 3 volumes behind :(

I'd buy them if they were easily accessible from where I currently live (Costa Rica); importing is too much of a hassle of which I only do for games.

And what do you mean they don't cover the third, fourth and fifth chapter? The Secret Of Kangaskhan, Wanted: Pikachu! and Onix Is On! are currently staring back at me from my monitor. ???

I'm pretty confident Capt. Falcon will be in his GX form considering Goro is in his GX form.
At least that's what I tell myself to keep my sanity.

Jiggy37 said:
This is the meaning of life condensed into one sentence.

TreIII

KittenMaster said:
I think Mario from Smash 64 was already a Ryu-type character. Fireball = Hadouken, Up + B = Shoryuken, and Down + B = Hurricane Kick (all equivalents, not exacts), as well as being balanced fighting style and having a clone (Luigi). Then Melee comes and they began changing Mario, and Brawl changes him even more, so Lucario would be going back to having a Ryu/Ken-like character.

And it's not like they still couldn't offer some twists to make Lucario interesting, as well.

I mean, besides my lil "Akuma/Gouki" thing, I could see them doing anything from giving him a sort of an Order Sol-like "Aura Gauge" that could regulate the power of his moves, for example.

And I would hope that they would do such a thing. Besides the likes of Arc Systems' crafted games like Guilty Gear, Smash Bros. should be probably among the top seeds, as far as a source for "inventive fighting styles in fighting games" goes.

The first game had that in spades. Melee lost it a bit with the rather lazy clone operation. Again, I ain't opposed to the idea of cloning (we just talked about it like a page or so ago again), but I would hope that Sakurai can be much more inventive with the concept this time.

My, you're acting defensive. I just said he would be closer to Ryu/Ken than Mario and Luigi would, and you aren't even trying to argue against the Smash 64 Mario = Ryu equivalent theory, like I expected most people to.

Stage On

pulga said:
I'd buy them if they were easily accessible from where I currently live (Costa Rica); importing is too much of a hassle of which I only do for games.

And what do you mean they don't cover the third, fourth and fifth chapter? The Secret Of Kangaskhan, Wanted: Pikachu! and Onix Is On! are currently staring back at me from my monitor. ???

BS importing is simply as pie considering that the books can be found on Ebay in english for reasonable prices including shipping. Saying it's too much of a hassle is just an excuse to be lazy and get something for nothing undeservidly.

Pokemon Adventures on Ebay

I abosultely hate it when people read manga online and then don't buy copies of story's they like becuse it's just as bad if not worse then as piriting video games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying fanscans are bad since I read ahead on stuff like Naruto myself since I don't want to wait years to read the next chapter, the difference being I have a subscription to the north american shonen jump so I'm supporting the author for his work rather then being just a leach.

As for chapters that's how each sagment of the story is divided by.

Books 1-3 are the first chapter aka the Red/Green/Blue Saga.

Books 4-7 is the second chapter aka the Yellow saga.

Books 8-14(first part) are the third chapter aka the Gold/Silver/Crystal saga.

Books 14(second part)-22(first part) are the forth chapter the aka Ruby/Sappire Saga

Books 22(second part)-26(first part) are the fifth chapter aka the Fire red/leaf green saga

And Books 26(second part) and everything else so far is the sixth chapter or the emerald saga and presumably once that's done the next books that fallow will be the seventh chapter or the dimond/pearl saga.

The scans only go to volume 10 so you'd be missing out on the some of the best parts of the manga anyhow by not importing it.

pulga

Banned
Stage On said:
BS importing is simply as pie considering that the books can be found on Ebay in english for reasonable prices including shipping. Saying it's too much of a hassle is just an excuse to be lazy and get something for nothing undeservidly.

Pokemon Adventures on Ebay

I abosultely hate it when people read manga online and then don't buy copies of story's they like becuse it's just as bad if not worse then as piriting video games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying fanscans are bad since I read ahead on stuff like Naruto myself since I don't want to wait years to read the next chapter, the difference being I have a subscription to the north american shonen jump so I'm supporting the author for his work rather then being just a leach.

As for chapters that's how each sagment of the story is divided by.

Books 1-3 are the first chapter aka the Red/Green/Blue Saga.

Books 4-7 is the second chapter aka the Yellow saga.

Books 8-14(first part) are the third chapter aka the Gold/Silver/Crystal saga.

Books 14(second part)-22(first part) are the forth chapter the aka Ruby/Sappire Saga

Books 22(second part)-26(first part) are the fifth chapter aka the Fire red/leaf green saga

And Books 26(second part) and everything else so far is the sixth chapter or the emerald saga and presumably once that's done the next books that fallow will be the seventh chapter or the dimond/pearl saga.

The scans only go to volume 10 so you'd be missing out on the some of the best parts of the manga anyhow by not importing it.

Oh, so you know all about Costa Rican laws of importing? Care to enlighten me about them, since you know... I can't possibly know them since I fucking live there? You can't call any BS when you don't know shit about the process in the first place. Bringing stuff into Costa Rica is a fucking mess of taxes and customs which I'd rather avoid, much less considering I'd have to fuck around eBay as well. Not worth doing for some Pokemon manga. So think shit throughly before calling BS on processes you don't know a thing about.

Stage On

pulga said:
Oh, so you know all about Costa Rican laws of importing? Care to enlighten me about them, since you know... I can't possibly know them since I fucking live there? You can't call any BS when you don't know shit about the process in the first place. Bringing stuff into Costa Rica is a fucking mess of taxes and customs which I'd rather avoid, much less considering I'd have to fuck around eBay as well. Not worth doing for some Pokemon manga. So think shit throughly before calling BS on processes you don't know a thing about.

What contunty dosn't have Customes and taxs when importing? You yourself said you'd be willing to do it for a video game and if you'd do it for that why not a book which usually are less of a hassle?

Most places have a certian limit where if an item falls under it you won't get charaged duty and heck even if you are charaged how much can it be for books that fall under $10?

Their are non ebay methods to get it as well if you're intrested. I just listed that one becuse it was on the more simple straightfoward side and the one I myself have used in more recent times.

To change this current subject something closer to the matter of the DOJO updates (and by change, I mean bury the matter into the deepest cave possible and insist on another topic ASAP) I figure it be fun to take a look back at this thread. I am attempting to figure out the entry points when the each update was discovered. What I hope to is determine which periods contain the most discussion among which updates.

Don't have everything, but here's a start.

Post 180: Mario and Link (Nintendo's Top 2)
Post 631: Gooey Bomb (Mmmmmm.... Gooey.... *Homer drool*)
Post 1006: Pit (Back after skipping 3 console generations)

Post 1459: Pit moves (No, he flies!)
Post 1768: Final Smashes and Mario Finale (It ain't final till the game's out)
Post 1961: Moving and Shooting (Drivebys!)
Post 2124: Cracker Launcher (Someone's on crack)
Post 2247: Isle Delfino (aka Dolpic "your nose" Island)

Post 2402: Yoshi's Story Ending music (What the @%@#% are they singing?)
Post 2541: Pokeballs and Groudon (Bah, where's my 4th Gen Pokemon?????)
Post 2638: You must RECOVER! (Nothing else needs to be said.)
Post 2732: Kirby and Pikachu (Poyo?! Pika pika pika!)
Post 2929: Four types of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Who cares? I still have Gamecube controllers.)

Post 3209: Fox (is back, and got back, stupid sexy Flanders style)
Post 3432: Yoshi's Island (Needs more crying baby Italian plumbers)
Post 3622: Ridley Boss Battle Music (Ridley Playable, do not want)
Post 3783: Crates and Barrels (Anyone read this as Cracker Barrel?)
Post 3879: Samus (Power Suit Samus)

Post 4084: Triforce Slash (It slices, it dices, it turns Smashers into chopped liver.)
Post 4180: Volt Tackle (Looks like my char is blasting off again! *ding*)
Post 4275: Wario (He's here to chew garlic and break wind!)
Post 4413: Fox moves (just so everyone can get 'behind' him, so to speak)
Post 4538: Lylat Cruise (No seasickness or tropical islands on this cruise)

Post 4734: Zelda (*Metal Gear Gameover style* Sheik? SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!)
Post 5092: Ocarina of Time Medley (Meh. No stupid attempt of being witty here)
Post 5421: Banana Peel (What is this, a classic era cartoon?)
Post 5577: Names (I'm not an number, I have a name!)
Post 5716: Wario moves (Like the Hell's Angels, he's big, fat, farts, and rides a motorcycle)

Post 5968: Assist trophies and Samurai Goroh (Ohhh, I could use some assistance, but not from that samurai...)
Post 6271: Bowser (Serial kidnapper and loser)
Post 6481: Giga Bowser Transformation (#$^#$^ you, Action Replay!)
Post 6785: Smash Attacks (Smashing!)
Post 6909: Bridge of Eldin (Suffers from the Broken Bridge trope)

Post 7162: Standard Combos (I'll take a number 5, large, with Coke Zero)
Post 7267: Dr. Wright (EA/Maxis third party char confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Post 7501: Bumper (Do I need insurance for this type of bumper?)
Post 7555: Donkey Kong (D!K! Donkey Kong is here!)
Post 7555: 15 Second Movie Presentation (Worse.. Short... Trailer... Ever...)
Post 7695: Smashville (Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww...... A.C. playable character possiblity... do not like....)

Post 7978: Space Armada (Where's my #$%#$^ orchestra?!)
Post 8078: Deoxys (Booo! Deconfirmed as playable! And Destiny Deoxys was a bad dub title for the seventh movie!)
Post 8177: Zero Laser (Worse name for a weapon, methinks)
Post 8365: Zero Suit Samus (Oddly, the previous games head her showing more skin....)
Post 8499: This World (Out of this world is more like it)

Post 8836: Rumble Falls (More like Falls Flat)
Post 8979: Yoshi (Dino or Dragon?)
Post 9222: Skyworld (I hate heights...)
Post 9362: Footstool Jump (Jumping on people's heads is Mario's trademark! Infingement!)
Post 9489: Knuckle Joe (Super Star love!)

Post 9774: Konga Beat (Yeah, the Donkey Konga series got beaten bad in Media Create and the NPD)
Post 9866: Pitfall (Unfortunately, not the game of the same name)
Post 10056: Ike (Totally new newcomer! I like Ike, but where is his Radiant Dawn garb?)
Post 10420: Castle Siege (I don't remember catapults throwing fireballs in Fire Emblem)
Post 10678: Subspace Emissary (Ripping off Kingdom Hearts and bad Fanfiction.net Smash Bros. fanfic much?)

pulga

Banned
Because I imagine there's a shit ton of books to buy. If it were a couple, three or four books I wouldn't mind. And most of all, I just don't have a frothing demand for the Pokemon manga to go through extra hoops in my already busy life.

You know, if I really wanted to pirate stuff I would've done so a long time ago. The most common video game retailers here only offer pirated videogames, selling them at about $5 a pop or less. The piracy runs rampant over here, for every legit store there's like 5 illegal ones sitting in the same mall. So, why do I go through all the extra shit to import games? I just like the sense of owning the real deal and supporting the hard working devs. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't even be supporting the writers if I bought the books from eBay. Point is, Pokemon manga to me isn't worth the hassle.

KevinCow

Banned
KittenMaster said:
Dude, I mentioned that a few pages back.

Mario = Ryu (fireball, uppercut, spin)
Luigi = Ken (like Mario, but more powerful uppercut)
Donkey Kong = Zangief (big and hairy and strong with pretty effective grabs)
Samus = Chun-Li (lone female (if you don't count Jigglypuff, anyway))
Kirby = E. Honda (fat and pink)
Yoshi = Blanka (green) or Pikachu = Blanka (electric attacks)

Jiggy

I'm not sure how one can counterattack that. D: It's a wall of text and effort and devotion, not some kind of lame FF4/7 wall of demonic power that's not too tough to kill.

Donkey Kong = Zangief (big and hairy and strong with pretty effective grabs)
Samus = Chun-Li (lone female (if you don't count Jigglypuff, anyway))
Kirby = E. Honda (fat and pink)
Yoshi = Blanka (green) or Pikachu = Blanka (electric attacks)
I thought the Mario and Luigi being an homage to Ryu and Ken was a valid comparison, well, you know... It's not vague and could actually be compared down to the individual moves? If being vague was valid, then we could make up all kinds of excuses as to why Link is comparable to the DOOM Guy, because they're both mute main characters that kick lots of arse.

I'm not saying that Mario & Luigi aren't exactly like Ryu & Ken, but I am confident the move similarities are intentional if only to pay homage to the fighting P1 & P2 characters (as Mario & Luigi are P1 & P2 characters).

pulga

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Eh, sp0rsk is the only one possibly reading, so at least there's only one bullet to dodge instead of the whole mod team. >_>

Now we brought too much attention to it, surely he's going down now.

Is this your counterattack, Jiggy, getting the man banned?!

JohnTinker said:
I look at the clock and get excited

I look at the date and get saddened

Should be in the OP and thread title ='(

KevinCow

Banned
KittenMaster said:
I thought the Mario and Luigi being an homage to Ryu and Ken was a valid comparison, well, you know... It's not vague and could actually be compared down to the individual moves? If being vague was valid, then we could make up all kinds of excuses as to why Link is comparable to the DOOM Guy, because they're both mute main characters that kick lots of arse.

I'm not saying that Mario & Luigi aren't exactly like Ryu & Ken, but I am confident the move similarities are intentional if only to pay homage to the fighting P1 & P2 characters (as Mario & Luigi are P1 & P2 characters).
Well I was being silly after Samus. I thought "fat and pink" would've given that away.

But I do think the DK/Zangief comparison is valid. DK's up B is almost identical to one of Zangief's moves, and they both have unique and powerful grabs. And they're both big and hairy

And I think Samus as the only female is interesting as well.

Stage On

pulga said:
Because I imagine there's a shit ton of books to buy. If it were a couple, three or four books I wouldn't mind. And most of all, I just don't have a frothing demand for the Pokemon manga to go through extra hoops in my already busy life.

You know, if I really wanted to pirate stuff I would've done so a long time ago. The most common video game retailers here only offer pirated videogames, selling them at about $5 a pop or less. The piracy runs rampant over here, for every legit store there's like 5 illegal ones sitting in the same mall. So, why do I go through all the extra shit to import games? I just like the sense of owning the real deal and supporting the hard working devs. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't even be supporting the writers if I bought the books from eBay. Point is, Pokemon manga to me isn't worth the hassle.

Well the retailer who sells the books in Singapor dosn't ship internationally themselfs so the only way to get them is second hand. It's still supporting the series thought since the dealer your buying them from had to buy the books from the local book store after all so it's more books sold overall.

You are right however in saying that their are a lot of books, 25 so far isn't anything to sneeze at after all which is one of the reasons i've held back on buying the other Pokemon manga simply titled Pocket Monsters and it's sequal Pocket Monsters RS since I simply can't afford such a long series at the moment.

Altought one thing to consider for both of us is buying it one book at time slowly and savoring it in order to keep the expenses down since like singel dvds of anime it can be more affordible in small chuncks at time then all at once.

I'd puke if I thought about how much it would cost to buy a say 12 disk series like Gundam Seed all at once vs say $20 a disk every second month which makes it less then a second thought since the cost is simply not eating fancy for one night vs enough to cover all my books a symester in collage.

Now I'm proud that you've made the right choice to get games the legal way instead of going the easy root when it's available. That takes a lot of mental will and guts to stick to the straight an narrow in a situation like that.

I mean imagain if Brawl came out and for whatever reason their was a way to easily get a free pirited version that anybody could get. If we all took it then why would they bother to make another Smash bros game since they would lose money! I'd hate to contribute towards something like that and I'm glad your not.

The why bother part is simple enough to answer, at least for myself anyhow thought I suppose everyone has to have their own reasons. For me I do it simply becuse it's the right thing to do.

Samus being only female is not interesting, because Smash 64's roster consisted mostly of main star characters for big name, which Samus was one of the only Nintendo ones at the time, then Melee started adding supporting cast characters and more obscure characters. I cannot imagine it being a direct reference to Chun-Li, as it is such a minor detail.

But I do think the DK/Zangief comparison is valid. DK's up B is almost identical to one of Zangief's moves, and they both have unique and powerful grabs.
You have me here, but most of your other comparisons are pure crap (besides the Ryu/Ken one). You should have just posted the DK move comparison instead of saying everything else.

Jiggy

pulga said:
Now we brought too much attention to it, surely he's going down now.

Is this your counterattack, Jiggy, getting the man banned?!
You started it. :(

Zeed said:
Hey guys what's been going on in here?
Not much.
Page 990 - that link wall you see above you
Page 989 - clones and Charizard with its wings cut off
Page 988 - anime smileys and the logistics of Smash relative to Nintendoverse canon
Page 987 - NicoNico and the history of Dojo updates by day
Page 986 - clones, and just how much Jigglypuff and Kirby are not clones
Page 985 - we refresh because we can
Page 984 - assist trophy wishlists
Page 983 - demos
Page 982 - the number of times each character has appeared in a Dojo screenshot
Page 981 - clones

Somehow or other we just keep going, 10 pages since the last update. But I have to admit, I just don't think we talk about clones enough. :(

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
You started it. :(

Not much.
Page 990 - that link wall you see above you
Page 989 - clones and Charizard with its wings cut off
Page 988 - anime smileys and the logistics of Smash relative to Nintendoverse canon
Page 987 - NicoNico and the history of Dojo updates by day
Page 986 - clones, and just how much Jigglypuff and Kirby are not clones
Page 985 - we refresh because we can
Page 984 - assist trophy wishlists
Page 983 - demos
Page 982 - the number of times each character has appeared in a Dojo screenshot
Page 981 - clones

Somehow or other we just keep going, 10 pages since the last update. But I have to admit, I just don't think we talk about clones enough. :(
You are too cool Jiggy.

pulga

Banned
Stage On said:
I mean imagain if Brawl came out and for whatever reason their was a way to easily get a free pirited version that anybody could get. If we all took it then why would they bother to make another Smash bros game since they would lose money! I'd hate to contribute towards something like that and I'm glad your not..

This reminds me of the time I played Halo 3 a full month before the release date. I went into some corner shop looking for used NES systems and to my surprise, the shop owner had a 360 set up with the first Scarab level running :lol I asked the dude how in the world he had gotten a hold of the game and he fed me some crap about it being the UK version and how apparently it had already been released over there :lol Of course I didn't believe his bullshit, but it was a very strange experience, to say the least.

Holy shit... but you're right... the man will probably have a pirate Japanese version of SSBB in a couple of weeks! Hold me GAF, lend me your strength before I fall to the dark side!

KevinCow

Banned
KittenMaster said:
Samus being only female is not interesting, because Smash 64's roster consisted mostly of main star characters for big name, which Samus was one of the only Nintendo ones at the time, then Melee started adding supporting cast characters and more obscure characters. I cannot imagine it being a direct reference to Chun-Li, as it is such a minor detail.
I didn't say it was a reference, I just said it was interesting. Twelve characters, and only one of them is female.

You have me here, but most of your other comparisons are pure crap (besides the Ryu/Ken one). You should have just posted the DK move comparison instead of saying everything else.
KevinCow said:
Well I was being silly after Samus. I thought "fat and pink" would've given that away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom