• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Slayven

Man I was going to buy Borderlands 2 on the amazon Christmas sale. Something told me not to do it. Glad I listened to my gut

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Is there an easy way to find out which instant games I've gotten previously on my PS+ account? I only activated it for a couple random months, not sure which games I collected during that time period.

Slayven

Is there an easy way to find out which instant games I've gotten previously on my PS+ account? I only activated it for a couple random months, not sure which games I collected during that time period.

Go to account management>transaction management> downloads on your ps3. And it will show you all the stuff you brought including IGC games.

Think they will put up the BL 2 Season pass on sale soon?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Stupid question, but if I buy PS+ tonight what do I get right away? Haven't had it before.
All of these games (Except Sine Mora, they've replaced it with Soul Sacrifice), cloud saves on PS3/PS4/PSV, and whatever discounts they're currently running.

oHFB1Eq.jpg

Roto13

When are games removed from the Instant Game Collection?

Aside from the yearly games, it's kind of random. You can check to see what's in its last week by going to the "expiring soon" section of the shop, but some things hang around for just a few weeks and other things stay in the IGC for months.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
When are games removed from the Instant Game Collection?
Every Tuesday they rotate games out and replace them with new ones. They tend to use the following order: PS3 Game of the Month, PS3 Retail/PSN, PS3 PSN, PSV PSN, PSV Game of the Month. Dec for example will be something like:

Dec 3: Dragon's Dogma removed | Borderlands 2 added
Dec 10: PS3 Retail/PSN (Ico?) removed | Grid 2 added
Dec 17: PS3 PSN (Bittrip Runner 2?) removed | Dyad added
Dec 24: Hotline Miami removed | Urban Trials added
Dec 31: Soul Sacrifice removed | Sonic ASRT added

Chris_IWS

This is probably asked like once a week but cheapxboxlivecodes.com are selling UK specific (?) PS+ 1 year memberships for £35.99. Would such a code work in Sweden? Their Live codes doesn't mention a country requirement so I'm not sure if I should buy it or not.

I've been burned by a UK code before. Didn't work here in Ireland, which was strange, because I heard it DID work for people in other EU countries. I wouldn't take the chance on it, personally.

Anyway, I also have an EU 30 day trial code lying around, PM if anybody is interested.

Aside from the yearly games, it's kind of random. You can check to see what's in its last week by going to the "expiring soon" section of the shop, but some things hang around for just a few weeks and other things stay in the IGC for months.
The weekly blog post lists the game that's leaving next as well as the games being added. This is the latest one.
Every Tuesday they rotate games out and replace them with new ones. They tend to use the following order: PS3 Game of the Month, PS3 Retail/PSN, PS3 PSN, PSV PSN, PSV Game of the Month. Dec for example will be something like:

Dec 3: Dragon's Dogma removed | Borderlands 2 added
Dec 10: PS3 Retail/PSN (Ico?) removed | Grid 2 added
Dec 17: PS3 PSN (Bittrip Runner 2?) removed | Dyad added
Dec 24: Hotline Miami removed | Urban Trials added
Dec 31: Soul Sacrifice removed | Sonic ASRT added
Thanks. I'll need a free trial or I'll have to buy a month subscription to get Dragon's Dogma if I can't get a card soon enough.

Uraizen

Banned
Thanks. I'll need a free trial or I'll have to buy a month subscription to get Dragon's Dogma if I can't get a card soon enough.

I have a 7 day trial that came with killzone if you want it. It's enough time to snag the current games and attach them to your account until you can get something more long term.

Minamu

I've been burned by a UK code before. Didn't work here in Ireland, which was strange, because I heard it DID work for people in other EU countries. I wouldn't take the chance on it, personally.

Anyway, I also have an EU 30 day trial code lying around, PM if anybody is interested.
Thanks for the reply :D Will buy on PS Store then if the EU servers can andle the console launch today xD

So I just got PS Plus for the first time. Downloaded Hotline Miami, but other games are showing up as $9.99 when they should be free to download.

Can I add vita games to my DL list from my PS3 incase they remove vita games from the IGC?

Does it work like that? Don't wanna miss out on Uncharted and Gravity before I get a vita for Christmas.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Can I add vita games to my DL list from my PS3 incase they remove vita games from the IGC?

Does it work like that? Don't wanna miss out on Uncharted and Gravity before I get a vita for Christmas.

Yes, it works exactly like that, you purchase said games, they're free under price tab

Some people only have a Vita have PS+ and have like 35+ game backlog whenever they get a PS3 lol
Same goes PS4 titles, once it's "Purchased" it stays in your account until you don't resubscribe, then they vanish, hidden away till you do, when you do they reappear, and get pushed to the top of the list

Strange they haven't rotated out the 3 Vita 52 Week Games
Hope they announce something next week

terrier

Any news when year games for Vita will be changed?
As for Euroland, i hope Hot Line Miami comes soon, since it has been available for US PSN+ members

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It's been posted by a PS blog mod in mid-november that they wouldn't be changed at the moment.

Seems like they're holding off on those for now.

Damn =/

Thanks for the info, such a pitty, well at least it's worth the wait. Maybe Tearaway?

Nah they always give titles that really haven't sold are stagnant or have a fuck ton of DLC
Say Little Big Planet Vita for instance

Didn't know where to ask:

Can I redeem a UK-PSN-Download Code for a game with my german PSN Account or would I need an UK-account?

Not sure here, but if it's country specific, might need to create country account for said code

vdlow

Does anyone know if the 1 year online codes sold by Amazon have an expiration date? I remember that the one month code that came with the PS4 had an expiration date, but I don't know about one year codes.

I bought 2 cards from the deal today, and I'm thinking of waiting until next year to redeem, maybe they will do that "buy 12 months and get 3 extra" again.

pa22word

Probably been asked before, but...

Can I redeem two 1 Year Subscription codes at the same time and have them stack? Or do I have to wait on my current sub to expire? Just bought two year subs as part of the deal and just wondering as to how to proceed.

bryt

Probably been asked before, but...

Can I redeem two 1 Year Subscription codes at the same time and have them stack? Or do I have to wait on my current sub to expire? Just bought two year subs as part of the deal and just wondering as to how to proceed.

They stack.

Ok, total PS+ nub here who just got two years off the amazon deal today. I definitely want to activate one when the bonus 3 month promo is going but should I use the other one now to start collecting or wait to get even more months?

I'm mostly a PC gamer so only the console/handheld exclusives interest me and I only have a PS3 so right now my game list would be:

Dragon's Dogma
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Galaga Legions DX
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball
Uncharted 3
LittleBigPlanet Karting

Within 2 years I'll probably get a Vita but not a PS4 unless something insane comes out or it hits 200 dollars real fast so that adds:

Soul Sacrifice
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048

Do these look like they'd be worth missing 3 months of PS+ to you guys? Already played UC3 and don't see myself replaying it and lol pinball games. Dragon's dogma is next on the chopping block, is that any good? I'm actually pretty happy with my PS2 SOTC and ICO but the HD versions would be nice, especially if they turned into PS4 versions down the road like flower did. No clue about Galaga Legions DX. December ain't looking so great for PC gamers either.

Ugh, why did they have to make this such a tough choice for newcomers? Damn you sony and your insane deals on top of deals.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
None. A big reason they give them away is to sell the DLC
Makes sense. No biggie, I already played the DLC on PC. I would have liked to do the Tina DLC with my PS3 friends 'cause it's pretty nice, but I won't miss it much.

Considering stacking an extra year if they sell it for $30...

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
alright GAF I've added the psn 1 year code for my ps4 but it just reverted to the main screen without confirmation?? what do I do?

J-Tier

alright GAF I've added the psn 1 year code for my ps4 but it just reverted to the main screen without confirmation?? what do I do?

All I know is PSN is getting hammered with all the new PS4 purchases in Europe, and the Black Friday deals over here in the US. So maybe give it a few, and if it doesn't work out, contact support?

I'm just gonna wait until PSN smooths out before inputting my codes.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
All I know is PSN is getting hammered with all the new PS4 purchases in Europe, and the Black Friday deals over here in the US. So maybe give it a few, and if it doesn't work out, contact support?

I'm just gonna wait until PSN smooths out before inputting my codes.

well damn...I was raging just now but checked that psn latency is fucked so Im gonna wait it out...

PSN is being a pain, can't even sign into the webstore.
I had to wait 5 min to get in the store...

so yeah...Im might as well wait for a while then add the psn plus code again...

They'll never do better than a 12+3 deal.

I figured as much but right now I've got two 12 month codes and no active PS+ going on. So I"m wondering if I should save BOTH codes for 12+3 or just one and start the other right now just to have an active subscription.

ultron87

So my Vita won't get here till Wednesday. Can I lock in the November PS+ stuff by just "buying" them on the PS store website? Or do I actually need to download them on something?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So my Vita won't get here till Wednesday. Can I lock in the November PS+ stuff by just "buying" them on the PS store website? Or do I actually need to download them on something?
Yes, and no. You can also "buy" them on the PS Store without downloading them; if the download starts, just cancel it, it'll still mark your games as "purchased". Saves bandwidth and space for games you don't want to play right away.

Top Bottom