• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

The app could be region locked for whatever reason.

I dont think its region locked.
Alot of the series only have one chapter as they just started/premiered for the service, (well some update tonight/tomorrow for chp 2).

Maybe its just your device. My android phone was compatible.
Since it's incompatible with 3 of my Android devices, chances are it's not a coincidence. Would someone of you be so kind and rip the apk and upload it somewhere for me (Using Apk Extractor), if it doesn't work that way as well, then it's really region-locked.

rAIYrtK.jpg

Walkure Romanze - Shoujo Kishi Monogatari (NO. Gomesu) 5-6

More Celia goodness.

Even better that its steering clear from the awful anime adaption.

Tiger & Bunny v2 (5 - 9)
Finally tackling my print volumes, largely again just a straight up and direct adaptation of the anime (without the awesome ost). In any event still entertaining and pleasing to me here. I think Rock Bison manga art > anime art and Bunny has nice smiles and impressions at times. Their teamwork with the bomb scene and then the diamond one was the best.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";92994715]Frozen is the best shojo out right now.[/QUOTE]

These Disney tie-ins are getting weirder and weirder.

Beelzebub

Just got caught up after missing 3 chapters.

So did Oga just go super saiyan, or did his hair change from the lightning or something? It seems like Beel will be left behind for a while, but you know he'll be back. Oga is called "the child rearing badass" for a reason.

Lastly, it was cool to see Oga get teary eyed over leaving him behind. If the scene didn't go by so fast, I would have probably got the feels.

Karakuridoji Ultimo v 9 ( 34 - 38)
Sadly theres only like three people in America reading this still, but it will always remain in my favorites. This volume is just as intense as the others with fantastic moments for the side of bad with both Rune rising greatly to the occasion to show that he might as well be the leader since he's far more sinister and cunning than K could ever dream to be. Even in the midst of being upped by the Icon 2 surprise he still unveiled his form and even read her mind even. For Vice, sure I wept sadly from the fight but thankfully he never gives up at all and is a perfect antagonist and just made it through doing his other form even too. It was great.

Dunstan being present was a hilarious surprise though. Glad he's kicking the next plan off, if only it wasnt in the next volume which may not be releasing here until far next year :(

Mousugu Shinu Hito (HARUSE Hiroki) 1

Kominato Riku is a high school student who aims to be a game designer. The girl next door is his childhood friend Haju, is in love with him, but he has fallen head over heels for the school idol Riko. And lastly, there is the transfer student, Nodoka. With that all said you’d think this is the start of some love-comedy harem, but a rumor spreads that Nodoka's received a message that says, “you will die soon”. Riku and the gang’s fate will change in a major way. Who will live, and who will love?

Reading the bio didn't really get me that interested, but I wanted to start a horror manga and art style caught my interest, so I decided to give it a go.

Starts off fairly normal with everyone being introduced. Riku is kinda average, but doesn't seem like an idiot at least. Idol girl Riko is nice but she's strictly friendzoning Riku. Really hesitant with Haju, being the loli childhood friend and all, but I'm willing to give her a chance. New girl Nodoka transfers in the next day and helps setup the whole rumor mystery.

Started to get bored of waiting for shit to go down, but goddamn did it ever.

That would not have looked out of place in any Final Destination movie.

What ensues is everyone being caught in a whole mess of problems with the conclusion that someone is going to die horribly.

And then it ends with someone performing one of the most obvious acts of "Don't want to die, so screw you" moves ever.

Was fairly entertained and will continue on, hoping for my bad ending.

wonzo

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 36

I'm glad Inari finally fessed up to Tanbabashi as it was long overdue really.

ukaxtouka 2moe hnnngh

87 CLOCKERS

that page
deadrose.png

Blood Lad 34

Hmmmn, I wonder what Braz is up to with that freaky heart of his.

AKB49 141

Another day, another insurmountable challenge for the scrubs to overcome. I'm sure they'll be able to manga with THEIR NEWFOUND AURA.

LeleSocho

Banned
Ah hell, what did they do? I read the first two chapters and liked it.

EDIT: Found the new chapters, just as cute as the first ones. Got worried they pulled some pandering or some dumb ass Usagi Drop nonsense by the way you said that.

(Not so) subtle sexualization are the reason of my nopes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ao no exorcist

Damn. That's one hell of a childhood trauma.

Seems like mothers hating their children flashbacks are pretty in vogue right, with this and shingeki.

methane47

Just read the latest Naruto.

SIGHhhhhh........................................................... First of all wtf?

Secondly - What kind of crazy panels is this guy drawing? I can barely make out what the hell is happening. I feel I need a decoder ring for half the panels in Naruto.

Shouta

AKB49 162 (Raw)

OMG, that last page. I'm dying, lol.

This manga keeps getting more ridiculous but even more awesome.

Korosenai

So apparently the raw is out for One Piece, but whoever has it doesn't want to release any spoilers... "because One Piece 731 is so exciting and wonderful !!!!!! So don't read the spoiler but watching the actual One Piece 731 content is the best choice."

Rotte no Omocha 33
A tournament chapter. I can't say it wasn't interesting

Nagasarete Airantou 136
Shinobu is now officially part of the harem and penguins are volleyball masters

mhs004

So apparently the raw is out for One Piece, but whoever has it doesn't want to release any spoilers... "because One Piece 731 is so exciting and wonderful !!!!!! So don't read the spoiler but watching the actual One Piece 731 content is the best choice."

How can you watch a manga? I've been doing it wrong this whole time I thought you were supposed to read them!

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh man this sounds so stupid that I believe someone really does that

Korosenai

I just took their statement that One Piece is going to be fucking epic this week and instead of spoiling it for everyone, just wait and read it when the chapter is translated. Either way i'm super hyped for it now.

How can you watch a manga? I've been doing it wrong this whole time I thought you were supposed to read them!

You're supposed to feel them. Rub the chapter over your body, that's how you really experience it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tandem Lover
sdBvmtw.png

And so ends the epic mecha x yuri school girl takoban. I think I was more charmed by the novelty of mashing the two genres together than anything else, because separately they would have been fairly normal. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing more stories in this universe. Why not. lol

Honey & Honey
rrDkyGu.png

And I guess this book is over as well, at least as far as I know. It was really interesting just seeing a glimpse of queer life in Japan, if only because of how similar and different being queer there seems to be. The idea of going to a pride parade, but also having a section of the parade that doesn't allow photographs, is definitely a thing that is unique to a culture where being out is still problematic. Even here, I guess, most closeted people would probably just opt not to go.

That, and as above, I had no idea that the idea of being "cis" was something that the Japanese thought of in terms of all the gender-identity issues that can come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom