• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma

Results time and creepy girl did well so I expect that will the minimum bar for the others imo. Lets see how Megumi stacks up

Now I wonder if we will get secretary girl's name next chapter.

Winter Unwound

V9jNlr2.png

An one-shot that was an extra in the first volume of Seishun Kouryakuhon that I'm currently reading (which is awesome btw)

I liked it. It's a cute romance series about a sickly boy and the girl who always hangs around him. It's pretty mostly overcoming your fear of confessing but bunch of feels from it.

Big One

Banned
To be fair, lately Oda's work has been reminding me more of American style comics. Which is, frankly, a good thing. I like the focus on story above random fights, FMA was the same way.
OP has always been this way outside of certain arcs like Enies Lobby and Marineford which are just fighting arcs.

One Punch Man 30
BbGOBVmCYAAqM1-.png

Well Speed of Sound Sonic is never at these things but Im fully expecting him to have some involvement in some form, hopefully. Meanwhile, though these S-class, at least him in particular will be a blast to see take down these eagles, hawks, and falcons. Final page looked like a painting even, the tower serving as the centerpiece for it and the colours is makes it one of the most beautiful pages in the series.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To be fair, lately Oda's work has been reminding me more of American style comics. Which is, frankly, a good thing. I like the focus on story above random fights, FMA was the same way.

You just noticed this?
I've noticed this for years. Maybe it was the art style and how it looked completely different from all the other manga in American Shonen Jump (like Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho).
Or I'm just insane.

Nordicus

Taiyou no Ie 36

I still remember how in the beginning I really didn't like Mao much at all. I don't quite recall when she started getting this cute, but I think it's around the same time when Hiro's feelings for her started bubbling over. She's been really receptive of these feelings, but who knows whether Daiki managed to throw a wrench in the romantic works by confessing to her as well.

Mao's now really out of her comfort zone because she's been asking herself what she would do if Daiki really liked her for a couple of chapters now, and hasn't been able to find an answer.

Magi

Yeah, the Kou is slowly destroying Balbad as a culture and people.

magi - 207

It's times like these that I really, really wish Alibaba was brown or black.
I really don´t understand this mentality. Color of skin does not make the slavery issue worse than it is. Slavery is slavery regardless whom it was carried against.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You just noticed this?
I've noticed this for years. Maybe it was the art style and how it looked completely different from all the other manga in American Shonen Jump (like Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho).
Or I'm just insane.

I've said it before, but the way this arc is paced makes it really obvious. It reminds me so much of the pacing Superior Spiderman.

wonzo

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 9

Welp, time for me to start up my own photo exorcising business.

Attack on Titan 52

The MP being corrupt as shit isn't really shocking in the least but I'm gonna be really mad if it turns out Historia really doesn't know anything about the "secret" behind the walls.

Magi 207

If Alibaba doesn't start wrecking some shit because of the slaves then I'm gonna be really disappointed in him. :(

food smut 51

THE SMUT HAS FINALLY RETURNED
lawd.png

Seishun Kouryakuhon

A series which follows a four friends in high school as they realize their days of hanging around and doing nothing together are slowly coming to a close.

I gotta say, this series really captures that whole feeling of graduating from high school and wondering if you'll ever see all your friends again afterwards. That great feeling knowing what you been doing day to day will slowly end and you would have to grow up from being a carefree teenager.

Great and fun series. Really grounded and it was pretty nice seeing such a fun friendship between the four main characters be the focal point of this series. It's high energy, very light on the drama and pretty much stays light hearted the whole way. Puts a smile on my face reading it through.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kakukaku Shikajika

Huh, this is pretty cool actually. It's basically an autobiography of the author who created kuregehime.

I can't really think of any other autobiographical mangas other than that manga itou junji made about cats.

Aizo

Banned
Rereading itou junji's cat manga and I had forgotten how awesome yon is. That skull pattern on his back is awesome.

Such a fun manga.

I love that one. It plays on his usual tropes so you're always expecting something awful to happen if you're familiar with his other stuff. Very fun, indeed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love that one. It plays on his usual tropes so you're always expecting something awful to happen if you're familiar with his other stuff. Very fun, indeed.

I don't think I've ever expected anything awful to happen other than how awfully he can draw himself and his fiancee. :p

loghorizon - 1~3

Hmm, some confusing layouts, but I'm in.

Went from a buff adult to a tiny child, what a downgrade. I bet her strength got nerfed hard.

Actually her class is the assassin which boasts the highest attack. Of course her defense/HP is pathetic lol but thats how the game works.

wonzo

Banned
Maka-Maka 1-24 END
Some of the chapters are just about sex, often in public places, but that isn't all Maka-Maka is about. It's about having someone who tells you your skin looks beautiful in the moonlight. It's about having someone who calls you the night of your birthday, when you're feeling down because you just slept with a guy who turned out to be a jerk, and thanks you for being born because she's so happy to have met you. What is Maka-Maka about? It's about Jun and Nene.

Definitely one of the best Yuri series I've read thanks to the setting and just how well written it is. It's full of constant sex scenes but they're handled in a far more down-to-earth manner than what you'd usually expect. Good manga.

e: Oh and it's also in full colour.

Tandem Lover 5-5.5 END

Yeah, this definitely was like a yuri/shoujo-ai version of Girls und Panzer but with mecha. Seriously, it's worth reading for the art alone as it's really fucking good.

Wife & Wife 16

This is probably gonna end in a chapter or two with what I'm guessing is a "fake" wedding and I'm really gonna miss it when it does. :(

We already know she doesn't. It was said back in volume 9.
Do you have a specific chapter/page number as I'm really struggling to remember this.

Erigu

I just had a look at the copy on my desk and Pastor Nick says she knows the Secret of the Walls even if she doesn't realise it yet.
Wow, that's the official translation, really? Boy did they get that one wrong...
Then again, if we're talking about the English translation, they're also the ones who switched Hanji's names for silly reasons... Heh.

Seishun Kouryakuhon

A series which follows a four friends in high school as they realize their days of hanging around and doing nothing together are slowly coming to a close.

I gotta say, this series really captures that whole feeling of graduating from high school and wondering if you'll ever see all your friends again afterwards. That great feeling knowing what you been doing day to day will slowly end and you would have to grow up from being a carefree teenager.

Great and fun series. Really grounded and it was pretty nice seeing such a fun friendship between the four main characters be the focal point of this series. It's high energy, very light on the drama and pretty much stays light hearted the whole way. Puts a smile on my face reading it through.
More should read it, one of my favorite manga I read last year.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Shingeki no Kyojin 52

Some snakes in the bushes there is. Also, Historia's history is on some other stuff.

Shokugeki no Tadokoro

lol This Sadako ripoff.

smurfx

get some go again
redon's arlong park spoilers

Some information.

- Sugar is the child girl from Donquixote Family. She ate Hobi Hobi no Mi, she can turn people into toys by touching them.
- She stopped growing up when she ate Hobi Hobi no Mi, Trébol protects her all the time.
- The other girl is Koala (remember Fisher Tiger´s flashback). She is Fishman Karate substitute teacher in Revolutionary Army.
- Diamante asks Dellinger to give up on killing Bellamy, he must go to factory to protect it with Lao G.
- Toy soldier talks about a tunnel that they digged for a year. They will use it to rescue their friends.
- Luffy says he can't get Mera Mera no Mi but Bartolomeo promises him that he can get it for Luffy.
- Koala guesses if Robin is in Dressrosa, she misses her so much.

sabo
has taken luffy's place in the tournament. does that mean he will be the one to get the fire fire fruit?

Some information.

- Sugar is the child girl from Donquixote Family. She ate Hobi Hobi no Mi, she can turn people into toys by touching them.
- She stopped growing up when she ate Hobi Hobi no Mi, Trébol protects her all the time.
- The other girl is Koala (remember Fisher Tiger´s flashback). She is Fishman Karate substitute teacher in Revolutionary Army.

sabo
has taken luffy's place in the tournament. does that mean he will be the one to get the fire fire fruit?
Holy kother fuxker at that last part if true. This is higger than Soul Catchef(s)

Wynnebeck

Banned

Some information.

sabo

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom