• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

BuddhaRockstar said:
I don't get how people can say it's lazy for Shiek and Zelda to share a final Smash but all three of the pokemon have just one final smash, and as far as we've seen, ZSS's final smash is just her trasnforming back into her Suit.

Favorite update? Stage builder by far, it's going to open up so many new ways to play this game and add endless replay.
I think it's just me wanting to see Sheik do something awesome. =P

MisterHero

Seeing Olimar with six Pikmin kinda makes me wish Yoshi could stock up 6 eggs and unload them really fast if the player wanted. And maybe the eggs would ricochet.

Hey look it's Shiek

BuddhaRockstar said:
I don't get how people can say it's lazy for Shiek and Zelda to share a final Smash but all three of the pokemon have just one final smash, and as far as we've seen, ZSS's final smash is just her trasnforming back into her Suit.
If ZSS's final smash is like her Super Metroid move, then it will heal her as well.

webrunner

My problem isn't that Sheik and Zelda share a Final Smash, it's that Sheik and Zelda share ZELDA's final smash. It just doesn't make sense for Sheik.

The one for Pokemon Trainer involves using all three Pokemon, so it makes sense for all three to share it. And the one for ZSS is different (and apparently does damage- i hear reports it's almost a one hit KO)

Scribble said:
Yeah.

But if you want more proof that Nintendrone is a fake:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135778

Is that the same leak? If so, that's a heck of a good guess to know the two next character revelations. It's one thing to guess that Olimar and Sheik are in the game, it's something else entirely to guess that they're the next two to be revealed. We'll see with the next character revelation whether it still holds up.

Insaniac

SSBBleveleditor.jpg

Can anyone make out what those two functions are?

I Figure the ones next to it are "Flip along vertical axis" and "resize"

No rotating pieces? :(

Christopher

Do you guys think that Nintendo will re-issue the Wavebird for smash of maybe some special edition one for the Wii?

The gamecube controller was perfect.

ratcliffja said:
Is that the same leak? If so, that's a heck of a good guess to know the two next character revelations. It's one thing to guess that Olimar and Sheik are in the game, it's something else entirely to guess that they're the next two to be revealed. We'll see with the next character revelation whether it still holds up.

Um . . . When there are eighty fake "leaks" running around, one or two of them are going to guess something right from time to time. It wasn't that much of a stretch to imagine that there are only a couple starters left to predict, and that those are going to be the next couple of characters revealed. Shiek's a no-brainer because if Zelda is a starter then Shiek is a starter as well. Beyond that, they only really guessed that Olimar was the other remaining starter, which is a pretty obvious guess. I had been guessing him for weeks leading up to his revelation.

Akai

Insaniac said:
*snip*

I assume you can't rotate certain pieces such as the one highlighted, for obvious reasons... =)

Edit: Actually, looking at the actual Stage Builder update, it appears you may be right...Though I'm sure it won't be all that big of a deal in the end...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Christopher said:
Do you guys think that Nintendo will re-issue the Wavebird for smash of maybe some special edition one for the Wii?

The gamecube controller was perfect.
Considering the foresight they displayed when they immediately stopped manufacture of the WB right as a popular new system that could use it was released, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Too bad, 'cuz a white wavebird with white/clear buttons like the CC would be hot.

Gekkonidae said:
Um . . . When there are eighty fake "leaks" running around, one or two of them are going to guess something right from time to time. It wasn't that much of a stretch to imagine that there are only a couple starters left to predict, and that those are going to be the next couple of characters revealed. Shiek's a no-brainer because if Zelda is a starter then Shiek is a starter as well. Beyond that, they only really guessed that Olimar was the other remaining starter, which is a pretty obvious guess. I had been guessing him for weeks leading up to his revelation.

Not every character that has been revealed so far is a starter. Anyway, we'll see. I'm not going to say that this list is correct. I am taking it as rumor for now. I am just anxious to see it proven or disproven. Once we have the next character revelation, we should have a better idea.

Insaniac said:
SSBBleveleditor.jpg

Well, look at the piece that was being manipulated, I don't think it's the kind of piece that can be rotated

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I just read the Sheik gender debate. All I can say is...wow.

And that roster a few pages back with Isaac, the unnameable character, and Geno? That's got to be fake.

Does anyone think we have the full starting roster? Looking at the information we have from Famitsu it seems to me that the starters are everyone we've gotten on the dojo except for Snake and Sonic.

I'm guessing we won't get anyone else (but I'm hoping there's 1 or 2 more) before we know the whole roster through Japanese gamers getting the game.

Iam Canadian

Gekkonidae said:
Does anyone think we have the full starting roster? Looking at the information we have from Famitsu it seems to me that the starters are everyone we've gotten on the dojo except for Snake and Sonic.

I'm guessing we won't get anyone else (but I'm hoping there's 1 or 2 more) before we know the whole roster through Japanese gamers getting the game.

But now we've got three new spots under the "Veterans" heading to fill up. D:

Jigglypuff will stay secret as the traditional reward for beating Classic. Ness may become unlockable to encourage people to try Lucas and perhaps to give Lucas greater prominence as he is the star of the newest Mother game. Luigi could stay unlockable as a running gag or join the starter cast, I don't know. Captain Falcon is completely up in the air, as I have no idea what Sakurai will do with him.

Here's something to consider, though. Melee made two of the Smash 64 unlockables into defaults. Do you think that any of the Melee unlockables might get promoted to starter?

Jiggy

I'm not sure whether the thing I like best about that roster from the previous page is that Jigglypuff is the next veteran listed, that they think K. Rool is in (and maybe even Mewtwo is a stretch, going by what Serebii has said, and a certain other character would defy sp0rsk), or that there's probably nothing stopping them from editing the order they list the characters in as the Dojo goes on.

Nemesis556 said:
Very happy to see Sheik and I like his new design, albeit it isn't EXTREMELY different but it works. A bit disappointed though that they didn't split them into two characters, what with Zelda having a sword in Twilight Princess and having alot of potential.

But yeah, pretty nice to see Sheik finally confirmed (and it's a shame he doesn't have a different Final Smash either, but meh) and I am liking his redesign.

Will Sheik turn back to Zelda whenever Final Smash occurs?
Fixed.

I don't get this whole "Sheik is a woman" thing. It doesn't matter if it's only a disguise, Sheik as a character is male. Zelda is disguising herself as a man. If Sheik is meant to be called a "she", why does Zelda deepen her voice when disguised? Why does she strap down her breasts? Because Sheik is supposed to be a dude. So it makes no sense, in my opinion, to refer to Sheik as a "she".

/end trivial rant

Cdammen

Olimar!? YES! :D

Now I need to buy a Wii. And I'm just wondering, are there any benefits to buying a Japanese Wii (except the obvious one, SSBB)? I'm not buying a European one (50hz VC games and delays galore) and it's impossible to get a hold of an American Wii (when available it's expensive and usually bundled with shitty games = no thanks).

1) Can I change the O/S to display English text instead of moon language?
2) Can I buy VC games and other stuff using an European Visa card? I could buy point cards from Play-Asia but I'm just wondering if I somehow can fool the credit card country check.
3) Is there a Wii Freeloader on the way?
4) I obviously need a stepdown converter :)

Iam Canadian

EricDiesel said:
Fixed.

I don't get this whole "Sheik is a woman" thing. It doesn't matter if it's only a disguise, Sheik as a character is male. Zelda is disguising herself as a man. If Sheik is meant to be called a "she", why does Zelda deepen her voice when disguised? Why does she strap down her breasts? Because Sheik is supposed to be a dude. So it makes no sense, in my opinion, to refer to Sheik as a "she".

/end trivial rant

Like a person attempting to escape quicksand, I thought we were so close to escaping the Sheik debate until you made us lose our grip and sink back into the wretched quagmire.

I have decided that AiAi from Super Monkey Ball will be a secret character if they decide to add other Sega characters (and Up-B will be Monkey Target Glide).

Jiggy

Yeah, arguing about Sheik is kind of getting old.

Let's argue about tiers in Smash Bros. or any other fighting game. Do they matter? Do they exist? Are they imaginary? Is it possible that Pichu is totally broken and the only reason people haven't realized it is that not enough people have tested Pichu because society has colored their perception and made them too prejudiced against the little yellow mouse to really try playing as it?

Come on guys. :D If we finish this argument quick enough, we can move on in a single day to which stages should be tourney legal, before we've played them! ^__^

jman2050

Jiggy37 said:

Let's argue about tiers in Smash Bros. or any other fighting game. Do they matter? Do they exist? Are they imaginary? Is it possible that Pichu is totally broken and the only reason people haven't realized it is that not enough people have tested Pichu because society has colored their perception and made them too prejudiced against the little yellow mouse to really try playing as it?

Come on guys. :D If we finish this argument quick enough, we can move on in a single day to which stages should be tourney legal, before we've played them! ^__^

Some awesome dude at an anime convention won a 1-on-1 match with Pichu against a Fox after winning about 10 straight before that. Therefore I conclude that tiers suck ;)

OMG I can't wait for this game to be released and to play it with my great gamecube controllers!... so ergonomic. Nah really, the game looks good despite a few concept flaws. I'll probably get it for the multiplayer.

PS: just saying 'hi'

Jiggy37 said:

Here's hoping they nerf Pichu. Little fucker's goddam CHEAP!

Cowie

ichigo kurosaki said:
OMG I can't wait for this game to be released and to play it with my great gamecube controllers!... so ergonomic. Nah really, Sonic and Snake look great. I'll probably get it for the multiplayer.

Your thread hasn't been locked yet, has it? Shoo.

Cowie said:
Your thread hasn't been locked yet, has it? Shoo.

Not yet. Counting down the seconds. Really I don't know why people get so pissed off I wasn't bashing the game or anything. As I've said, it looks good so just chill people.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
ichigo kurosaki said:
OMG I can't wait for this game to be released and to play it with my great gamecube controllers!... so ergonomic.

oh shit guys i think he just owned us

he totally just came out of that other thread in into this one and then complimented the game in a backhanded fashion to make a point about the wii

woah and he said that he's actually just saying hi, fuuuuuuck he is so nonchalant and cool and composed i bet he's real smart and everyone else shouts stuff at him and he's all like "i am cool and collected, i am the better man" and then everyone who argued with him starts to scream "how could i looooooose" then they run away and then this girl that he likes runs up to him and says "omg you are so smart and cool and superior i love you" and they made out and she became his girlfriend

Iam Canadian

Tiers are purely theoretical, and have little actual value in the heat of battle.

Picking a higher tier character like Fox or Sheik may give you a slight edge, but it all comes down to skill in the end. It'll always serve you better to pick someone you're good with than someone who the tiers say is good.

This isn't to say that Melee is balanced, or anything. I mean, Sheik and Mewtwo coexist in that game.

Iam Canadian

I really wish there was a version of that image that would look nice on my non-widescreen monitor.

There's always the PSP, I suppose...

Iam Canadian

dwin45 said:
That picture is starting to get crowded. Also, does anyone have that in wallpaper size?

Crushed was making a wallpaper version every time the picture was updated, but I don't think he's done it lately.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Allow me to share my secret desire. (One that I posted originally on my own forums, but that will probably find more attention here.)

wi-fi04_071207c-l.jpg

Most menus they've shown so far are designed in a fashion to maximize screen real estate. But.. not this one. They have buttons that are clearly quarter-screen size.. but only three of them. There have been menu screens before that purposely lack elements (the "with anyone / with friends" screen lacked the options button originally, and the event mode debut lacked the P2 entry text), so I don't think it would be unreasonable to suspect that this menu is indeed lacking one final button.

If that is in fact the case... I'm hoping for a ranked multiplayer mode. It's the sole feature that Brawl currently lacks that I truly lament. When looking at that "basic brawl" button, I can't help but think that the "basic" before it wouldn't be necessary unless there were a second kind of brawl with a different word before it. "Ranked Brawl," for example. After all, other menus normally just have a single large "Brawl" icon for the standard method of play. "Basic" really does imply a mode devoid of options, as well, which seems to demand a counterpoint somewhere.

When "with anyone" was originally revealed it indeed emphasized that there'd be no records, names, or anything of the sort.. but they noted that those conditions applied to the "basic brawl" division of "with anyone" when the basic brawl update was made. We don't actually even know what that "team battle" mode is yet, though it's probably easy to guess based on that commercial. The point is, they haven't explicitly stated that the "no records" rule applies to all buttons in "with anyone," just the "basic brawl" button. The descriptive text in the screen even explicitly notes "no names" for that specific button. I think it would certainly be reasonable to have name-included modes in there, such as a ranked one.

God knows I don't actually expect it, though. But hell if I won't hope against hope.

Iam Canadian

I always thought that the existence of "Basic Brawl" sort of confirmed the fact that there would be some other variations. I mean, you don't call something basic unless there's something else to compare it to.

ant1532

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
I always thought that the existence of "Basic Brawl" sort of confirmed the fact that there would be some other variations. I mean, you don't call something basic unless there's something else to compare it to.
team battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom