• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

dude
Jiggy37 said:
At the time of this writing:

Total posts: 54277
Total posts from the top 5 posters: 7885 (~14.53% of the thread)
Top 10 posters: 11867 (~21.86%)
Top 20: 16841 (~31.03%)

Among the top 20, notables for their percentages of posts in the Dojo thread to posts on GAF period:

Jiggy37 - 2490/7742 (32.16%)
Zeed - 1481/6326 (23.41%)
Iam Canadian - 1371/2583 (53.08%) !!!!!
ShockingAlberto - 1340/4720 (28.39%)
SuperAngelo64 - 1011/1064 (95.02%) !!!!!!!!!!
CreatureX3 - 807/1634 (49.39%) !!!
MrCheez - 663/2241 (29.59%)
Keru_Shiri - 545/1410 (38.65%) !
Scribble - 510/1154 (44.19%) !!!
Danthrax - 469/1939 (24.19%)
Insaniac - 450/1301 (34.59%) !
crowphoenix - 418/1087 (38.45%) !
GamerSoul - 407/840 (48.45%) !!!

I don't know about you guys, but this has given me a whole new perspective on Smash fans. I almost feel like continuing down the line for a while. :eek:
SuperAngelo is what you call dedicated @_@

MisterHero

Akai said:
Rumour based on comments Sakurai made ages ago...
That 'maybe 2 or 3 more' comment is a humorous aside to Sakurai's actual plans.

There will be a 3rd-party division sizable enough to form its own rival brand.

SmashBrosBrandRivalry.jpg

A third of my GAF posts have been in this thread. Wow!

EDIT: Holy Crap! Just took another look at Angelo's ratio! What other threads have you posted in?

felipeko

Keru_Shiri said:
A third of my GAF posts have been in this thread. Wow!

EDIT: Holy Crap! Just took another look at Angelo's ratio! What other threads have you posted in?
Probably: SSBB delay 1, 2 and 3, Sonic reveals...

Guled

Jiggy37 said:

Among the top 20, notables for their percentages of posts in the Dojo thread to posts on GAF period:

I don't know about you guys, but this has given me a whole new perspective on Smash fans. I almost feel like continuing down the line for a while. :eek:
Wow, that gives me motivation to post more. You must be really dedicated to go through all the post in this thread. How long did it take you? Or where you gathering the numbers for a while now.

Fireblend

Banned
This is probably the only game I care about right now, so this is the only thread from the gaming side I really post in. Well, there's a couple more now that Sp0rsk has that dojo-updates-only rule into effect :D

Guled said:
Wow, that gives me motivation to post more. You must be really dedicated to go through all the post in this thread. How long did it take you? Or where you gathering the numbers for a while now.

:lol Compared to what Jiggy has done before, this isn't much really. You can get the posters list by clicking the total number of posts for a thread, and you can see someone's total post count on their profile.

This is more like something humans can do.

Jiggy

Yeah, this is one of the easier things I've ever done. :lol Now I kind of wish I'd done it sooner. Would have been interesting to compare the Dojo thread performance pre-Novembust to now, post-Novembust and post-delay and so on.

dude

dude
What's really fucked up is that I don't even have a Wii*, but I visit the Dojo and this thread eveyday, it's like a force pulling you in.

*I
'm going to practically live at my Wii-owing-friend's place after the release of this game.

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, this is one of the easier things I've ever done. :lol Now I kind of wish I'd done it sooner. Would have been interesting to compare the Dojo thread performance pre-Novembust to now, post-Novembust and post-delay and so on.
Yeah, not to mention the post rate of some of the Juniors that started in this thread, but post quite often.

Meloche

Jiggy37 said:

Including this post:

Meloche - 62 / 85 (72.94%)

My ratio would be even higher if I included the other Smash threads that I've posted in as well, and my postcount overall would be much higher had I registered when I first started reading this thread regularly, back in July I think it was. :p

Ydahs said:
That movie is pretty cool, and Olimar's Final Smash is perfect. I don't think anyone could come up with a better FS for him than that one. Speaking of which, I really think he'll become my most played character... for the first time since Kirby in Smash 64, he looks to combine a character I love for their games as well as for how they fight in Smash Bros (I don't actually like the NES game Ice Climber...) We'll see though, I guess; it took me quite a while to settle on a character to use in both previous games, and even then I like to switch things up quite a bit. With the diversity of SSBB's character roster (even just from what we've seen thus far) I expect I'll be experimenting with them all quite a bit before settling on the few that I'll use regularly.

ant1532

Banned
Milabrega said:
Cosmo Did alot for this thread already right?
Saying alot wouldn't even be giving him enough credit.

And holy shit, the Captain Olimar FS is perfect. I thought it was going to be like that when I heard the name but I didn't know if they would pull it off and damn, they do it perfectly.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ok America you are pissed off you get a one month delay "for nothing" How about this delay for you, the Australian Release Date.

No I don't have the final date but since its been said to me that the Q1 or Jan-April release list for Australia won't have Smash on it. And now because Nintendo don't release anything big either in school holidays or the week before they start these are the only dates post the American release that we can get the game.

June 26th (last Thursday of Term 2)
or
July 3 and 10 (in holidays).

That means my American friends "for nothing" we get a 3 months, 17 days delay or if you going to go from the JP date as a point of "we should have the game then" a 4 month delay.

So next time you go to slit your wrists because you have to wait a month, 30 days for a game, just think it could be a lot worse!

Of course Nintendo might decide to go outside its normal release window, but it hasn't done that in about oh 16 years.

Insaniac

is the rocket ship olimar's FS?

Edit: Also the japanese for Olimar, is it also "Pikman & Olimar"?

It seems funny that they don't just call him Olimar, or Captain Olimar.

Sallokin

I've honestly not been following this game very closely at all. This morning I saw a photo of the MGS Ninja Vs. Fox in the new GI and I just about creamed myself. I need this game now.

Insaniac

Sallokin said:
I've honestly not been following this game very closely at all. This morning I saw a photo of the MGS Ninja Vs. Fox in the new GI and I just about creamed myself. I need this game now.

just so you know... Grey Fox is an assist trophy, not a playable

scottnak

Insaniac said:
is the rocket ship olimar's FS?

Edit: Also the japanese for Olimar, is it also "Pikman & Olimar"?

It seems funny that they don't just call him Olimar, or Captain Olimar.
It would seem so. Based on what Pikmin players have talked about the game.
And yeah, it says "Pikmin & Olimar"

Sallokin

Insaniac said:
just so you know... Grey Fox is an assist trophy, not a playable

Yeah I had read that in the OP links, but I'm still amazed at everything they've managed to cram into this game. I honestly thought it was going to be awful.

Sallokin

DrForester said:
I never thought the game would be awful, but I was expecting really nothing more than Melee with online play.

You're right, I think awful was too strong a word, but you've pretty much echoed my sentiments. I figured it'd just be another iteration with very little added save online play and a few new characters. I actually feel pretty fortunate to be late to the party considering all the delays.

Meloche

scottnak said:
It would seem so. Based on what Pikmin players have talked about the game.
For those who haven't played Pikmin/Pikmin 2:

The game is organized into day and night cycles. At the start of each day you choose from several pre-selected landing spots on the planet, and then you have that whole day to basically explore the area, expand your Pikmin army, and search for treasure. At sunset you have to round up your Pikmin and return to your ship for the night, because it's not safe to stay out at night with all the beasts that roam nocturnally. At the end of each day a cinematic plays that shows Olimar getting into his ship, the Pikmin getting into their Onions (think ships for Pikmin) and flying off the surface as a whole bunch of beasts run out and snap their jaws (so to speak) at the departing spacecraft. So Olimar's FS of 'End of Day' will have him departing off the stage in his ship and (I'm assuming here) a bunch of animals/beasts will come in and wreck up the other fighters.

The day/night mechanic really gives the game a sense of urgency, and helps create the strategic elements that make up much of what makes Pikmin such an enjoyable game series. If people here haven't played it, I strongly recommend checking it out -- both games should be fairly cheap by now and are among the finest games to grace the GameCube (I'd put both in the top games of all time, but that's a completely subjective valuation on my part and I wouldn't expect most to agree as far as that.)

phalestine

aka iby.h
VOOK said:
Ok America you are pissed off you get a one month delay "for nothing" How about this delay for you, the Australian Release Date.

No I don't have the final date but since its been said to me that the Q1 or Jan-April release list for Australia won't have Smash on it. And now because Nintendo don't release anything big either in school holidays or the week before they start these are the only dates post the American release that we can get the game.

June 26th (last Thursday of Term 2)
or
July 3 and 10 (in holidays).

That means my American friends "for nothing" we get a 3 months, 17 days delay or if you going to go from the JP date as a point of "we should have the game then" a 4 month delay.

So next time you go to slit your wrists because you have to wait a month, 30 days for a game, just think it could be a lot worse!

Of course Nintendo might decide to go outside its normal release window, but it hasn't done that in about oh 16 years.

let me say this now, I completely agree, BUT we had a release date, Australia never had one, thats what makes it different. again let me stress that I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom