• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

:lol
Kinda funny in that new trailer, when it says: "Mario!"..and Wario knocks Mario and the name is changed to "Wario!"..

Then, it says again "Mario!" and Olimar appears and takes out Mario, and the name is changed into "Orima!" (Which is Olimar's japanese name)

Jiggy

fernoca said:
:lol
Kinda funny in that new trailer, when it says: "Mario!"..and Wario knocks Mario and the name is changed to "Wario!"..

Then, it says again "Mario!" and Olimar appears and takes out Mario, and the name is changed into "Orima!" (Which is Olimar's japanese name)
It is really strange to me how Nintendo suddenly becomes super awesome at advertising when it's time for Smash Bros. (US SSB N64 commercial, Japanese SSBB commercial) when they're so bad at it the rest of the time. >_>

Uncle AJ

Jiggy37 said:
It is really strange to me how Nintendo suddenly becomes super awesome at advertising when it's time for Smash Bros. (US SSB N64 commercial, Japanese SSBB commercial) when they're so bad at it the rest of the time. >_>

Mario is out of this world.

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:

Eh, I thought that a number of Zelda commercials were at LEAST passable over the years. Just don't mention the American "Zelda 1" or 2 commercials. :lol

Any way, as good of commercials that the JPs are getting, I'm hoping that NoA will step up their game for the US promos. I mean...not like the game really NEEDS the advertising, but I just think it would just do more to help the cause.

And hell, it's not like that they would have so much work cut out for them. Just friggin' translate the text and the announcer VO at the end! That's all that's necessary!

Jiggy

TreIII said:
Eh, I thought that a number of Zelda commercials were at LEAST passable over the years. Just don't mention the American "Zelda 1" or 2 commercials. :lol
Well, yeah, the Wind Waker one was pretty great. But it still counts as Nintendo being bad at advertising because I think I only ever saw it aired two times. :p

Any way, as good of commercials that the JPs are getting, I'm hoping that NoA will step up their game for the US promos. I mean...not like the game really NEEDS the advertising, but I just think it would just do more to help the cause.

And hell, it's not like that they would have so much work cut out for them. Just friggin' translate the text and the announcer VO at the end! That's all that's necessary!
Pretty much! Leave these commercials intact; they're way better than pretty much anything NOA would come up with, and also I fully support the idea of all-gameplay-footage commercials. :D

Jiggy37 said:
Well, yeah, the Wind Waker one was pretty great. But it still counts as Nintendo being bad at advertising because I think I only ever saw it aired two times. :p

Really?
Didn't they play that one in pretty much every theater?

Jiggy

Wii-za said:
So how many characters have been revealed in the JPTVCM???

All of them?

*and by ALL I mean ALL of the Dojo updates...
Well, at the very least we haven't seen Sheik yet.

AceBandage said:
Really?
Didn't they play that one in pretty much every theater?
Oh. I don't watch movies in theaters usually, so I wouldn't know. Sorry. >_>

Insaniac

Tonjevic said:
http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft85/

Oh man, I can't get over how awesome Sonic's combos and throws are at the beginning of this vid.

Additionally, in one of the others, diddy seems to explode from firing his peanut gun too fast. His firing rate looks to be higher than Fox's, but he can't spam it continually.

yeah sakurai mentions this in diddy's special moves:

This is Diddy’s projectile weapon. You can boost the speed of your shots by holding down the button...

But if you hold it down too long, the gun explodes, so be careful.

Jiggy

Golden Darkness said:
Remaining characters left:

Sheik
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Lucas
Bowser
Ice Climbers
Predicting that Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Sheik will appear together in one commercial in that order (along with I don't know who else, maybe a character not revealed yet). Also predicting Lucas and Ice Climbers together.

Jiggy

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm predicting Jigglypuff + Luigi + Captain Falcon + Ness for the 23rd. Blowout veteran-ton for what would have been the last update before the original Japanese release date. (And a blowout non-character megaton for the 30th, the last update before the new Japanese release date.)

Maybe I'm just an optimist.

Azuran

Banned
moku said:
Where THE HELL IS CAPTAIN FALCON already? Screw pikmin, screw olimars homeplanet, I want FALCON DAMN IT.

Sakurai is obviously saving the best thing for last. Gives people a reason to check the DOJO!! every day.

Innotech

Banned
I HOPE JP is in here. now that I know Sheiks in, it softens the blow if the puffster isnt.
But I think she should remain. She has a unique moveset and rollout is just too badass.

Jiggy

If Jigglypuff is out, I riot and protest by only buying the game and the soundtrack instead of the game, the soundtrack, a later re-release with some "patches" applied, Sakurai's $15 autograph on college-ruled paper, a Wii carrying case with the Brawl logo on it, and select lines of action figures Nintendo might happen to be considering releasing.

But this is all moot because Jigglypuff's returning. :D

Edit: On another note, if I ever became a billionaire I'm pretty sure I would attempt to ensure that Jigglypuff stayed in Smash Bros. 4 by throwing moneyhats at Sakurai.

TreIII

Innotech said:
I HOPE JP is in here. now that I know Sheiks in, it softens the blow if the puffster isnt.
But I think she should remain. She has a unique moveset and rollout is just too badass.

I doubt that Puff/Purin is out.

I mean, whether or not the case is such in the States, Purin is still a popular Pokemon from the first generation that still enjoys popularity to this day in Nihongo-land; basically on the same level of enduring popularity as Pikachu, the 3 Kanto starters and probably Mewtwo, as well.

So, even if (for WTF reasons) Mewtwo some how DID get the axe along with Pichu, I'm willing to bet that Purin would survive. I just think the more interesting thing would be, what would be her VA in the English version, if her original one under the 4Kids banner is no longer available, or just otherwise indisposed?

Are they really going to take out characters from previous games? Fans would throw a shit fit of epic proportions. This is fan service to the max, why would they do something like that?

Kobun Heat said:
Are they really going to take out characters from previous games? Fans would throw a shit fit of epic proportions. This is fan service to the max, why would they do something like that?
Sakurai said not everyone will return.

Presumably, people with unique movesets are safe.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Kobun Heat said:
I don't think anyone will be pissed off if Nintendo takes out "Weaker Pikachu That Kills Itself" and "Mario in a Different Outfit with some fractions of stats percentages tweaked."

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I think it's pretty certain that we will have a 3rd party character. And since all third party characters will be revealed before launch, I'm guessing it will be Monday of next week. The updates must be at a premium if Sak did not want to do another update for Shiek's move.

As I predicted earlier, I think we'll be getting megaton after megaton right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kobun Heat said:

Everyone's back, says M G.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Crushed said:
I don't think anyone will be pissed off if Nintendo takes out "Weaker Pikachu That Kills Itself" and "Mario in a Different Outfit with some fractions of stats percentages tweaked."
Luigi will certianly be in...

Jiggy

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Sakurai was just trying to keep everyone off guard (and/or not get hopes too high) and in fact all the SSBM characters end up making a comeback.
But I still think Roy is 100% gone for certain, and Pichu and Dr. Mario are the other probables.

TreIII said:
Purin would survive. I just think the more interesting thing would be, what would be her VA in the English version, if her original one under the 4Kids banner is no longer available, or just otherwise indisposed?
Yeah, I seriously want Rachel Lillis here. :( Just pay her for the old voice clips she's already made, if they must.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
OK, so Melee had 42% of it's roster as secret characters.

If that holds up, we're looking at 39 or 40(EDITED) characters for Brawl(Counting PT as one, with Sonic and Snake as secrets, and assuming all non 3rd party chars revealed thus far are starters, and that no more starters will be revealed).

Innotech

Banned
Jigglypuff definitely has a unique moveset so it would actuallybe pretty stupid to waste it and take her out the game. I can live with another VA, since all she said was "puff" and "
jiggly!"

Joe Molotov

Crushed said:
Dr. Mario.

Yeah, you just remembered him, huh? No, he was a whole different character. Yes, Dr. Mario got a whole character slot to himself.

But if you put on the black Dr. Mario outfit, he looked kinda like a ninja. Ninja Mario. :(

Fireblend

Banned
jet1911 said:
Has this been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxY8yQRJW08

It really is the most retarded video I've ever seen. :lol

Not again... seriously, enough. This is a parody someone at Something Awful did on a real post from smashboards.com. The person talking is looking retarded on purpose; he's making fun of someone else.

And this is the 1000000th time someone posts it. Can we make that ban-worthy, please?

Jiggy

ggnoobIGN said:
OK, so Melee had 42% of it's roster as secret characters.

If that holds up, we're looking at 33 characters for Brawl(Counting PT as one, and Sonic and Snake as secrets).
10 secret characters out of 33 isn't 42%. A roster of 40 or 39 is more what you're looking for (and they'd have 17 or 16 secret characters respectively).

TreIII

Innotech said:
Jigglypuff definitely has a unique moveset so it would actuallybe pretty stupid to waste it and take her out the game. I can live with another VA, since all she said was "puff" and "
jiggly!"

But it just wouldn't be the same though...

I mean, sure, any one of the characters could change up their voice actors, and I would live. But it will always be a thing to bother me...after all, Mario and all of the rest of the characters that Charles Martinet voices all basically do a series of shouts, yelps, grunts and such. But if he were to replaced by some one else today or tomorrow...would it be the same? I'd bet not. Not unless they got Lou Albano for Mario again. :lol :lol

I mean, hell, I'm still mildly miffed that they went with TP's Link's VA, instead of going back for more hot-blooded vigor, as only Nobuyuki Hiyama (OoT Link, Shishi-oh Guy in Gaogaigar, Siegfried in Soul Calibur) could provide it. :lol

Jiggy

TreIII said:
Mario and all of the rest of the characters that Charles Martinet voices all basically do a series of shouts, yelps, grunts and such. But if he were to replaced by some one else today or tomorrow...would it be the same? I'd bet not. Not unless they got Lou Albano for Mario again. :lol :lol
Now you've gone and done it. Suddenly I want to Do the Mario, and soon so will the rest of the thread. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom