• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

FingerBang

Just ordered the gray 3DS XL. I didn't plan to buy one, but for that price I can't say no. I have a 3DS but I hate playing on it because of the screen. It may sound stupid, but I play everyday with my PS Vita and the bigger screen means a lot to me. I tried a 3DS XL last week and I feel like if I had one of those I would probably spend more time on it, so I'm seeling my 3DS + circle pad pro and RE Revelations to get that one. If you get both the 3DS XL and monster hunter, it means that you get Super Mario 3D Land as well, am I right?

Audioboxer

I still do not trust that Amazon deal is legit. It's really going to come down to whether or not they honor it or simply cancel/ask for orders to be returned. You can't lose I guess! I'm trying it, but Amazon CS are all over the place. One rep told me none of what I said what listed in the "whats in the box section", which is true I guess, and another says what is listed is what I will get.

Zafir

I still do not trust that Amazon deal is legit. It's really going to come down to whether or not they honor it or simply cancel/ask for orders to be returned. You can't lose I guess! I'm trying it, but Amazon CS are all over the place. One rep told me none of what I said what listed in the "whats in the box section", which is true I guess, and another says what is listed is what I will get.

It's because all they've got to go on is what ever is on the website. The support centre is in a completely different country to the fulfilment centres. You can push for support to get in touch with the centre to find out exactly, but you'll be waiting a few days for a response. Otherwise you can try taking the risk, and complain using the live chat script stating you should have got that stuff if you don't receive the stuff. I doubt they'll give you the missing items, because they'll state it was a mistake, but they may offer a small discount for the inconvenience.

Shiggy

Why do I have no options when clicking on "Contact Us"? I just get an empty page on Amazon UK. Will return the 3DS if I don't receive everything they mention on the product page though.

After a hearing a lot of talk about it, I went looking for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It's 50% off on Gamefly at the moment, and you can use the code "GFDDEC20UK" for an extra 20% off, bringing it to just £4.79.

http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/download-brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons/5006722

PEOPLE OF NEOGAF: Do not add this game to your backlog. Play it the second you download it, get to the end in one sitting, and then vote for it as your game of the year. Let's have a genuinely different, imaginative, beautiful game be right up there among Large Marketing Budget: 2013 Edition and Hype Hype Hype: Overhype.

Hayabusi

PEOPLE OF NEOGAF: Do not add this game to your backlog. Play it the second you download it, get to the end in one sitting, and then vote for it as your game of the year. Let's have a genuinely different, imaginative, beautiful game be right up there among Large Marketing Budget: 2013 Edition and Hype Hype Hype: Overhype.

Looks really nice, never heard about it.
Thanks!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
GAME have the PS3 version of Bf4 for £29.99. Is hat the cheapest around? Thinking about it for the PS4 upgrade,which would make the PS4 version £39.99 which seems pretty good?

ymmv

Banned

One of the best games of the year. Short but oh so good.

Sorry but Brothers has some competition in Tearaway, Gone Home and Puppeteer in that regard ;)

Great deal though.

Kyonashi

Before I buy this, is it compatible with Dualshock 4?

Shiggy

The charger cable is included too!

Nintendo 3DS XL Silver/Black
Circle pad pro for 3DS XL
Monster Hunter 3U
Charger cable

"I understand that you want to know if you'll be receiving the complete package of your order.

Yes, you will receive all the parts of the item you have mentioned are part of the package of your Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL. "

That's what they told me.

wormania

The price on that Silver 3DS bundle has shot up to £199.99, looks like it is a pricing error and not a description error.

Good luck all those who got an order in at £125

Shiggy

The price on that Silver 3DS bundle has shot up to £199.99, looks like it is a pricing error and not a description error.

The 125 deal is just over, I guess. The black edition is not offered at that price anymore either.

Riky

$MSFT

It's still £125 fr7m Amazon but 3-6 week delivery. The £199.99 is third party seller but in stock.

Chaos

Its still the same price its just that there is no stock for 3-6 weeks.
The £199 is from another seller.

Shiggy

How has Amazon been with such things in the past? I mean, the CS told me everything will be included. Will they honour it in the end?

Seanspeed

Banned
Blue 3DS XL is still £125. The color looks a little 'kiddy', but I guess I wont be taking it anywhere or anything(prefer a Kindle for a travel companion).

About to get it along with Bravely Default. The free Mario 3D Land deal is still on, right?

EDIT: DAMN, 3DS games are expensive. That may have me rethink this. Don't want to be spending £30 for each game...

Yasawas

Do Play-Asia mark down? I haven't used them in over a year and I've forgotten. Failing that, are there any Asia-based alternatives that do or even offer the ability to pre-pay import duty? Threadless do this and it's cool, I wish it was more widespread.

Zafir

Do Play-Asia mark down? I haven't used them in over a year and I've forgotten. Failing that, are there any Asia-based alternatives that do or even offer the ability to pre-pay import duty? Threadless do this and it's cool, I wish it was more widespread.
Don't think they did when I last ordered from them. That said I don't recall being charged import tax, probably slipped through due to game cases not being very big and I always use the cheapest shipping.

YesAsia has VAT free service on some items. Last I checked PS3/PSP games were excluded from it due to the Sony scare. I think Vita games it varies. Some offer it, some won't even ship to the UK.

Yasawas

Thanks, I'll take my chances and see what happens. I'm wanting that leather Monster Hunter 3DS case and a few games so it might be a bit bulky but maybe at Christmas they'll be overwhelmed and less vigilant.

Yesasia used to be great but I haven't used them for years. For the UK at least I remember they used to ship here, then reship from within the country so the price you paid on the site was what you ended up paying. Got loads of DS and GameCube games from them once upon a time.

Zafir

Thanks, I'll take my chances and see what happens. I'm wanting that leather Monster Hunter 3DS case and a few games so it might be a bit bulky but maybe at Christmas they'll be overwhelmed and less vigilant.

Yesasia used to be great but I haven't used them for years. For the UK at least I remember they used to ship here, then reship from within the country so the price you paid on the site was what you ended up paying. Got loads of DS and GameCube games from them once upon a time.
Should still be alright as long as you choose the cheapest shipping. It has to be pretty big, or you have to be really unlucky to get caught on the cheapest shipping options. On the other hand couriers always seem to get caught. I'm amazed I haven't received any charge for the Vita TV yet considering that was sent through Fedex.

As for YesAsia. I haven't used them in a while either. PS3/PSP/Vita games are usually what I'm importing, so if they don't have the tax free offer then there wasn't much reason for me to use them. I did get my DS Lite from them though, was the FFXII Revenant Wings edition, and they shipped it to their office in the UK and then shipped it to me. Made it cheaper than buying a DS Lite in the UK, hah.

Blue 3DS XL is still £125. The color looks a little 'kiddy', but I guess I wont be taking it anywhere or anything(prefer a Kindle for a travel companion).

About to get it along with Bravely Default. The free Mario 3D Land deal is still on, right?

EDIT: DAMN, 3DS games are expensive. That may have me rethink this. Don't want to be spending £30 for each game...
This is exactly what I got last week, but before the 3DS was £125. I say go for it, BD+Mario for £35 is a pretty awesome deal.

The Blue was the best of the bunch for me. I thought the red looked more kiddy, whilst the grey/silver looks drab. Black is nicest, but they're all black on the inside and that's what you're seeing most of the time!

kiyomi

That's what puts me off the £125 deal. There a few 3DS games I'd want to get, but even stuff that's not from 2013, is still like £30. That Nintendo platform premium. Sigh.

jimi_dini

Wii U + Zelda Premium bundle for 264EUR

at amazon.de (lightning deal)

pPicm9s.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/Angebote/b?ie=UTF8&node=872398

Shiggy

They do mark down but the insurance will be impacted by that too. So it's at your own risk.

Zornica

Banned
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (Nintendo Wii U) 14,99 Pounds at eBay.

bought.
Can't wait to finally get to play this.
the only wiiu game missing from my collection is ZombiU...
any 15Pound deals on that? (preferably without shiping costs to europe and with paypal as a payment option...)

Damn, I might finally take the plunge...

So I have a 10 euro voucher which brings this to 151.58 euros with shipping for me. What say you gaf? Seems like a pretty sweet deal, a 16 gb card + the games. Some are crap but it has motherfucking Wipeout and LBP.
I'm pretty broke right now but I don't think I can resist, I just need to play P4G.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00H45MYRQ/

You know what's weird? If I don't follow the link provided in this thread I can only find the bundle for 190.95 on amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00D8WHSLQ/ref=s9_simh_co_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=1PMW7GBA4W2WCXMXDWES&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=218686047&pf_rd_i=typ01

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The 2nd link is for the old bundle with the 8GB MC - the new one has 16GB. And that price is a steal - cant go wrong with it, if you dont like it you can ship it back or sell it for not much less than you paid for.

Audioboxer

Small update from HUKD on the silver 3DSXL

Hello,

My name is XXXXX and I work in the Customer Escalation Team.

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you and would like to apologise for the incorrect information provided.

I understand your concern regarding the accessories included with "Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL".

I can confirm you that you will receive the following:

Nintendo 3DS XL Silver/Black
Circle pad pro for 3DS XL
Monster Hunter 3U
Charger cable

I've checked and see that this information was provided to us by our product group team and wasn't based just on the product page details.

My colleague has contacted our product group team and they have replied with the above information.

All these are available only with the Silver/Black Standard Edition and not with any other edition whereas the below mention points are applicable for all the editions:

What's In The Box?

• Nintendo 3DS XL console

• 4 GB SD card

• Stylus

• Nintendo 3DS XL user manual

Further, the AC adapter will not be included in the box.

Please be assured that we take full responsibility of the items we sell on our website and if you do not receive any of the mentioned items, we'll help you get them.

If we can be of further assistance, you can contact us by replying to this e-mail and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope to see you again soon.

Damn it you guys you're making me want a Vita now lol.

I have so many 3DS games already to play, I don't need something else!

Besides, all the bundles are pretty uninteresting to me. Not things I would play. Maybe I can just find a plain console locally here.

The 2nd link is for teh old bundle with the 8GB MC - the new one has 16GB. And that price is a steal - cant go wrong with it, if you dont like it you can ship it back or sell it for not much less than you paid for.

Then is it a mistake? I didn't notice that difference before but the cheaper one (the one I ordered) has the bigger card...

Damn it you guys you're making me want a Vita now lol.

I have so many 3DS games already to play, I don't need something else!

Besides, all the bundles are pretty uninteresting to me. Not things I would play. Maybe I can just find a plain console locally here.

The one I'm talking about is cheaper than any standalone console I've ever seen and even if you find a cheaper one you'll still need a memory card and this bundle has a 16 gb which costs more than 30 euros by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom