• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to get digital first party Nintendo games, go through Game's website. They're better priced than the eShop. £42.99 (Game) vs £49.99 (eShop) for Mario 3D World for example. Shame that third party games aren't there, as AssCreed 4 digital would probably be a good price as compared to the £56 Ubisoft are asking for it.

First time going through games website for a 3ds download code. It's taking it's sweet time to come through in comparison to other truly instant download code sites.

Son Of D

First time going through games website for a 3ds download code. It's taking it's sweet time to come through in comparison to other truly instant download code sites.

I heard that they were having issues over the weekend. I believe someone in this (or another) topic posted that the chat mentioned this. I'll try and find it.

I heard that they were having issues over the weekend. I believe someone in this (or another) topic posted that the chat mentioned this. I'll try and find it.

Can't even cancel my order and just re assuredly get it on the eshop. I mean, I guess I'm being impatient but I'd like the option to be able to cancel if it's got stuck in the nether. I don't want the code to come in 3 days time.

Zafir

Just got it and I am baffled... did it say "used" anywhere on their website?

I am quite sure that this wasn't new. The instruction "booklet" was kinda mushed and it also wasn't factory sealed anymore (the nintendo ribbon was missing). Is the site known for scams?
Well, it's owned by thehutt, same company as Zavvi, so no.

However, I have received an unsealed copy of No More Heroes PS3 from Zavvi before.

Danj

Can't even cancel my order and just re assuredly get it on the eshop. I mean, I guess I'm being impatient but I'd like the option to be able to cancel if it's got stuck in the nether. I don't want the code to come in 3 days time.

Give it a couple of hours. I was the guy having trouble with it over the weekend, it took about 17 hours for my codes to come through but their web team was off over the weekend, hopefully if it's still slow they should be fixing it now. Also try tweeting @gamedigital to let them know there's still problems.

EDIT: if you're concerned about it you can go bother their customer service via the WebChat, I tried that at the weekend and while it took a while to get hold of someone, the responses I got were very useful.

CArqpzQ.png

Dynoro

Looks like Amazon are sending out codes for £10 off Assassin's Creed 4 to everyone who bought a PS4 or Xbox One at launch. Works for either version and brings the cost down to £38/39.

blazeuk

I got one for COD Ghosts rather than AC. Not sure on what the terms are for it though since it didn't come with any - pretty unappealing when prices are so high right now, but if it doesn't expire for a while it might come in useful.

Dynoro

I got one for COD Ghosts rather than AC. Not sure on what the terms are for it though since it didn't come with any - pretty unappealing when prices are so high right now, but if it doesn't expire for a while it might come in useful.

Oh right, I figured it was the same game for everyone judging by the wording they used. Depending if AC4 gets a deal on Sony's Christmas sale I may give it away on here; but you are right, there's no expiry date on the email.

Looks like Amazon are sending out codes for £10 off Assassin's Creed 4 to everyone who bought a PS4 or Xbox One at launch. Works for either version and brings the cost down to £38/39.

I've just ordered the PS3 version (which I found cheap) to do the digital upgrade to PS4. Anyone know if this voucher can be used with the PS3 disc to PS4 upgrade system?
If so, will see if a nice person has a spare voucher they are willing to pass out.

Dynoro

I've just ordered the PS3 version (which I found cheap) to do the digital upgrade to PS4. Anyone know if this voucher can be used with the PS3 disc to PS4 upgrade system?
If so, will see if a nice person has a spare voucher they are willing to pass out.

Appears to just be the PS4/XO versions (codes "B00CM1KWO4 or B00BSR6IV4" on Amazon) unfortunately.

EDIT: Just a heads up, if the PS3 version of AC4 is in the Christmas sale it will probably be £25, so £35 with the digital upgrade to PS4. I'm holding off till I know if it makes the sale as it makes it even cheaper.

Amazon £10 off COD Ghosts on PS4 or Xbox One: HVXP-URNHYV-F9D56B

1. Go to Amazon.co.uk.
2. Add Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox One or PS4 to your basket.
3. Proceed to Checkout.
4. Where it says 'Enter a gift card, gift certificate or promotional code', enter your discount code.
5. The cost of Call of Duty: Ghosts will be reduced by £10.
6. Click the 'Place your order' button.

Appears to just be the PS4/XO versions (codes "B00CM1KWO4 or B00BSR6IV4" on Amazon) unfortunately.

EDIT: Just a heads up, if the PS3 version of AC4 is in the Christmas sale it will probably be £25, so £35 with the digital upgrade to PS4. I'm holding off till I know if it makes the sale as it makes it even cheaper.

Thanks for clearly that up.
I was also thinking of holding out to see how much AC4 will be on sale, but was able to grab a new copy of the PS3 version for £24. Thought even if it's £25 on the sale, I will be able to sell off the physical version I have once completely unlike with the digital copy.

Sondar

That Sun+ for £1 offer & get £10 PSN & £10 Amazon gift voucher appears to be back up again. Did anyone try it the first time around?

That Sun+ for £1 offer & get £10 PSN & £10 Amazon gift voucher appears to be back up again. Did anyone try it the first time around?
Where does it say about the £10 PSN?

I did it the first time and got £50 PSN before it 'sold' out. Still waiting on cancelling the trials since you have to wait a week before you can cancel to get the Amazon vouchers.

LayLa

Where does it say about the £10 PSN?

I did it the first time and got £50 PSN before it 'sold' out. Still waiting on cancelling the trials since you have to wait a week before you can cancel to get the Amazon vouchers.

it's gone again, was up for a while earlier though.

1. Go to Amazon.co.uk.
2. Add Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox One or PS4 to your basket.
3. Proceed to Checkout.
4. Where it says 'Enter a gift card, gift certificate or promotional code', enter your discount code.
5. The cost of Call of Duty: Ghosts will be reduced by £10.
6. Click the 'Place your order' button.

God damn this is complex, good thing there's a step-by-step guide.

Son Of D

Wii U Mario+Luigi Bundle with Mario 3D World, Sonic Racing Transformed and Mario and Sonic at Sochi 2014 for £279.85 at ShopTwo. Can't link due to the ban.

The RRP is still £249.99 right?

Moze

Banned
Does anyone want a £10 off code for next gen AC4 on amazon? I got sent a code because i purchased a PS4 from them, already have AC4 though.

Have Game got any faster with their 3DS download codes after the weekend's hiccups? Really itching for Zelda.

I just ordered Luigi's Mansion 2 and got the code instantly.

I got all excited cause the email had a QR code but the eShop kept saying it wasn't valid so I just had to type in the code, not quite the future yet :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
What's the cheapest I can find for UMVC3 on either 360 or PS3? Is there a "better" version between the two afayn? Always wanted a PC port but it never happened, now the game is about to be delisted on digital stores and I want a copy

Marc

Does anyone want a £10 off code for next gen AC4 on amazon? I got sent a code because i purchased a PS4 from them, already have AC4 though.

I think I will take you up on that offer. Are you enjoying it? I have been on the fence as I love assassins games but hated AC3 and completely not into pirates. Yet everyone is talking about it in such glowing terms, with game of the year talk thrown in.

Moze

Banned
I think I will take you up on that offer. Are you enjoying it? I have been on the fence as I love assassins games but hated AC3 and completely not into pirates. Yet everyone is talking about it in such glowing terms, with game of the year talk thrown in.

I have been too busy playing 3d World to get into AC4 properly. From the 2-3 hours i have played, it is definitely better than AC3. I quit AC3 after about 6 hours because it was just so boring.

I will PM you the code.

Marc

I have been too busy playing 3d World to get into AC4 properly. From the 2-3 hours i have played, it is definitely better than AC3. I quit AC3 after about 6 hours because it was just so boring.

I will PM you the code.

Thanks very much Moze, on order and hopefully enjoy it a lot more. :)

hoho - The Walking Dead? Going for £22 on gamecollection but going for £16.19 on base.com -

http://www.base.com/-/-/WDGOTYPC/product.htm?awc=2694_1387383721_bf97962a1495d0f856101316e06f3096

Marc

Thanks for that, but is there anywhere cheaper for the PS3 version?

Doh, sorry, thought that was for the PS3 for some reason. Can't find it any cheaper than what you did but any reason you don't want to download it from the PS Store? Going for £12 with the extra episode for £4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom