• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4/Xbox One Sunday Retail Stock Check: December 15-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awntawn

being sold out within minutes in a B&M doesn't really mean that much if the xbone is still eventually selling out the shipments.

ps4 demand is obviously higher but in the short term...taking 1 hr to sell out versus selling out in 1-2 days ends up being the same if stock is similar and if shipments aren't coming in daily anyways.

Short term, yes. But it does have long term implications.

samar11

LOL! For getting it in 2 to 5 days! Is that the standard USPS rate, or can sellers quote whatever they feel like for shipping as well?

Haha! Good luck. I'm guessing it would still be cheaper than the going rate there?

No international shipping. Bastard!

BigDug13

I hope Sony ramps up production like crazy and he gets stuck with them.

It won't happen. As long as it's in demand, the worst he could achieve would be breaking even on his remaining stock. If ebay fees make it a loss for him, he'll just pursue other avenues like craigslist.

Derrick01

Banned
The gamestop near me seems to have PS4s in stock every time I go but that's just my luck, I already have one so that's why I'm seeing them everywhere. If I actually needed one I wouldn't find one for months.

I'm more thankful than ever for Amazon.

Quixz

Traded in my three 360s and games for just over £300 and bought two £625 PS4 bundles from my local GAME. Those super expensive bundles were to only way to get a PS4 and they only had FIVE!

Good luck boys and girls!

Anfony O

Well doubt anyone cares but might at as well mention that Lebanon is out of stock. They are receiving their next shipment January 15. Bundle is a PS4 with a extra DS4 and Killzone for 730 USD. You have to preorder it from Sony world thought. Dubai's duty free had stock however they sold out.

Polo67

Any store that ive walked into in Central Ohio has had Xbox ones in stock every single time since launch. Ive seen one ps4 in that time.

That's because MS mastered US supply stream logistics. Nice and steady sales. No crazy lines and panic. This is how you win December NPD.

Codeblew

Quoting for a new page in hopes of getting an non-sarcastic answer

My answer wasn't sarcastic at all, it is realistic. Big stores are saving their stock for Sunday sales so they can advertise them. I guess you could get lucky at a Gamestop or some store not running a Sunday ad but I would call them first to see if they are expecting a shipment.

If you can wait until Sunday, then line up in front of a Best Buy early. Again, call the day before and make sure they are going to have stock before you bother.

That's because MS mastered US supply stream logistics. Nice and steady sales. No crazy lines and panic. This is how you win December NPD.

Yeah-ok.gif

xn0

Remember that Xbox One only launched in 13 countries whereas PS4 launched in 32.

Gartooth

Xbox One might catch up to PS4 in the US this month simply due to low PS4 supply. Personally speaking, whenever I've gone to a store in the past few days I would see a couple Xbones (2 or 3 usually) lying around but PS4 was nowhere in sight.

jester_

Guessing Xbox One will definitely catch up to PS4 this month if not at the very least beat it in December NPD due to PS4 shortages alone. Personally speaking, whenever I've gone to a store in the past few days I would see a couple Xbones (2 or 3 usually) lying around but PS4 was nowhere in sight.

And you equate that to supply shortages instead of insane PS4 demand because...?

Gartooth

And you equate that to supply shortages instead of insane PS4 demand because...?

Mostly due to the combination of Sony launching in more territories as well as personal accounts such as in this thread where people are having trouble finding a PS4 out in the wild.

Of course I think it is because of higher demand as you said, but we won't really know until numbers get out.

xn0

Mostly due to the combination of Sony launching in more territories as well as personal accounts such as in this thread where people are having trouble finding a PS4 out in the wild.

Of course I think it is because of higher demand as you said, but we won't really know until numbers get out.

To that point Amazon received 12,000 PS4's in last week and they were gone in 27 minutes.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/sony-sold-12000-ps4s-amazon-just-27-minutes/66822.html

Polo67

Remember that Xbox One only launched in 13 countries whereas PS4 launched in 32.

That's not a supply issue, that's a kinect voice recognition set back. That's a lot of countries with different languages to program for.

xn0

That's not a supply issue, that's a kinect voice recognition set back. That's a lot of countries with different languages to program for.

I think you are either missing the point of my comment or trolling. You previously said MS mastered supply stream logistics. This is simple supply and demand, Sony is currently serving 48 countries where as MS is currently serving 13, Sony is simply having to meet larger demand in more countries which is why it is harder to find.

Indeed. We should all cut MS some slack. I've never even met someone who spoke Switzer; it can't be easy for them to find a translator.

cakefoo

they were/are real boxes
same as GameStop
they often put boxes out front
there is nothing in them, display only
does NOT mean they have stock
A lot of people are seeing XB1's in Targets and Walmarts, which aren't empty boxes.

Best Buy and Gamestop have empty PS4 boxes too, but we don't hear anyone saying they think they saw a bunch of PS4's on shelves.

Face it, XBO is not as hot an item this Christmas.

Polo67

I think you are either missing the point of my comment or trolling. You previously said MS mastered supply stream logistics. This is simple supply and demand, Sony is currently serving 48 countries where as MS is currently serving 13, Sony is simply having to meet larger demand in more countries which is why it is harder to find.

I believe the reason MS only launched in 13 countries is because of Kinect. The software for all those languages is complex and just not ready.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I hope Sony ramps up production like crazy and he gets stuck with them.

All he needs to do is just return the console, especially since there is a longer return window due to holidays. He's not going to get screwed either way.

Voice recognition only works in 5 countries (corrent me if I'm wrong...). Why did they launch in those other 8 then?

Gartooth

A lot of people are seeing XB1's in Targets and Walmarts, which aren't empty boxes.

Best Buy and Gamestop have empty PS4 boxes too, but we don't hear anyone saying they think they saw a bunch of PS4's on shelves.

Face it, XBO is not as hot an item this Christmas.

Just chiming in to say good point, I didn't consider until now that it may not be the matter of Xbone vs. PS4 supply, but rather Xbone vs. PS4 demand in which case PS4 is still a very hot item while Xbone is less so.

iceatcs

I believe the reason MS only launched in 13 countries is because of Kinect. The software for all those languages is complex and just not ready.

Not all true 13 have Kinect voice support. Just 6 languages enough to cover all of them.

Just like 360. 16 regional languages but actually 7 languages.

xn0

I'm not disagreeing with you, but we are not talking about language support, we are talking about next gen console supplies and why there appears to be more XB1's available than PS4's and I believe it quite simply comes down to Sony is producing PS4's for almost 4 times as many countries than MS. Which equals more demand.

It's a supply issue if Microsoft can't keep supply in every country they launched in, which is true. Just because they're somewhat keeping up with supply in the US doesn't mean they are everywhere else.

viveks86

PS4 costs AUD $549 (~$490 USD) here in Australia. Mine was an
Amazon import, and I paid $417 USD (~$475 AUD).

Getting one from Ebay will still come with a premium for the immediate future, I'm afraid. And with Amazon selling their stock in minutes, well...
Ha! The prices there are not as bad as I thought. Thanks!

They're not even that hard to find...
I know! Such a rip off!

No international shipping. Bastard!
there_there_at_least_you_tried_12120.jpg

jester_

That's weird but ok haha. December NPD thread will be much more fun. 30 days of sales for each console. Plus it will shed some light on supply and demand.

You thought November NPD thread would be fun too, let's dial back the assumption that MS is going to win no matter what.

Best Buy Plymouth Meeting, PA

Plenty of Xbox ones, no PS4s left.

Woman said a lot of frustrated people at the lack of PS4s (and no they're not turning and buying the Xbox instead before that line of thinking gets thrown in again)

My best friend, biggest PS fanboy I personally know, bought an Xbone just yesterday at his local Walmart (they had 2 left, he got one of them, this is his very first Xbox console he ever owned) because he didn't want to have to wait to find a PS4 (plus he gets to play online with me now).

So you saying NO ONE is getting a Xbone because they can't find PS4's is not totally true, especially the people out there who know there gonna end up getting both consoles anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom