• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreIII

That was an interesting read, that thread.

Now, thanks to GAF, I can get information relating to video games, bad-ass killer bugs AND how human feces can be found in other parts of the body besides where it's SUPPOSED TO GO.

Thanks, GAF! :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
I really should've known better than to follow that link just because Sciz said he should've known better than to follow that link. D: I bailed out after like eight pictures, and now even the fly larva crawling on the handle of the kitchen sink frightens me. No, really. There was some kind of small fly crawling around and I just about jumped. D:

Thanks to Jiggy, I'm not going to click on that link. Bugs creep the ever-living heck out of me, and if it can evoke that kind of reaction from the Jigster, then I'm just not going to.

Eh, who am I kidding?

Jiggy

If you don't survive the heart attack in order to be able to play VC Adventures of Lolo 2 on Monday, it's not my fault. :(

Jiggy

Back on topic and yet still related to insects, Heracross had better be in Brawl as a Poke Ball. (I'd prefer a playable character, of course, but I'll take what I can get.) I mean, it's dominated the Pokemon RPG metagame for three generations straight despite all the changes (and only gotten better every single time!), it was moderately showcased in the show since Ash had one, and frankly everybody likes giant animated beetles.

Which is also why Bugzzy had better be in as an assist trophy who does Suplex Kirby's B throw from Adventure and Super Star. Kamikaze Bugzzy grabbing you, flipping high into the air, and hurling you along with its own weight straight off the edge would be so awesome I just might have to leave items turned on more often.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Which is also why Bugzzy had better be in as an assist trophy who does Suplex Kirby's B throw from Adventure and Super Star. Kamikaze Bugzzy grabbing you, flipping high into the air, and hurling you along with its own weight straight off the edge would be so awesome I just might have to leave items turned on more often.

Speaking of Bugzzy (who is the greatest Kirby miniboss of all time), I'd like to see Biospark, the dart-tossing, knife-slashing, disappearing ninja from Kirby Super Star appear as an Assist. He could toss a few spikes, use his Quadro-Shock attack (a charging knife slash that creates a shockwave along the ground) and then disappear in a puff of smoke.

Actually, Biospark and Bugzzy might even make good playables, except for the fact that they're ridiculously minor characters. That might make the isolated "Kirby too represented in Brawl" comments justified.

Wait, no it wouldn't. You can never have too much Kirby.

Jiggy37 said:
Back on topic and yet still related to insects, Heracross had better be in Brawl as a Poke Ball. (I'd prefer a playable character, of course, but I'll take what I can get.) I mean, it's dominated the Pokemon RPG metagame for three generations straight despite all the changes (and only gotten better every single time!), it was moderately showcased in the show since Ash had one, and frankly everybody likes giant animated beetles.

Oh, screw you. Gyarados deserves it a whole lot more than some Johnny-come-lately rival to Pinsir after Scyther was boosted. :mad:

Jiggy

Pureauthor said:
Oh, screw you. Gyarados deserves it a whole lot more than some Johnny-come-lately rival to Pinsir after Scyther was boosted. :mad:
Gyarados would be pretty great too, but I have my fears that just like every other non-main-series Pokemon game they'd make it use Dragon Rage or Twister or something else that totally sucks in the real RPGs. :(

Iam Canadian said:
Actually, Biospark and Bugzzy might even make good playables, except for the fact that they're ridiculously minor characters. That might make the isolated "Kirby too represented in Brawl" comments justified.

Wait, no it wouldn't. You can never have too much Kirby.
If we ever got an all-Kirby-universe Smash Bros., I would totally not be complaining at all. Not. At. All. Kirby Super Star even as it was had enough characters and movesets to have been a moderately viable fighting game with some decent tweaking and additions, like giving every power a throw to be able to break shields, and giving Suplex a couple melee attacks other than that down kick and the usual slide kick.

Sir Kibble vs. Waddle Doo vs. Gim vs. Simirror, go!

Firestorm said:
Did Ash let Heracross go?
I bet he let Heracross go.
God I hate Ash.
No, he just left it with Oak to rot away and do nothing. He brought it back for a match against a Venusaur in one of the Battle Frontier things and I think it got owned. Which makes sense, since the anime people seem to totally hate Johto, having managed to make Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Noctowl all completely worthless--Bayleef was interesting, though, but also the show's greatest case of unfortunate neglect. :(

And with that I'm out for the night.

pulga

Banned
Will Crushed finally lose what little sanity he has left?

Will SuperAngelo64 reveal what development team he works for?

Will sp0rsk ban the next unlucky motherfucker who posts rumors?

Will Jiggy eventually enslave us all and replace us with robotic overlords?

Shit, this thread like a day time soap, Mexican telenovela, reality tv, comedic sitcom and tearbusting drama all wrapped into one. Damn more entertaing to boot.

And I still haven´t forgiven you, Crushed, for that shit you pulled in the bug thread. :mad:

turk128

pulga said:
Shit, this thread like a day time soap, Mexican telenovela, reality tv, comedic sitcom and tearbusting drama all wrapped into one. Damn more entertaing to boot.
You forgot Russo era pro wrestling.

Jiggy37 said:
Gyarados would be pretty great too, but I have my fears that just like every other non-main-series Pokemon game they'd make it use Dragon Rage or Twister or something else that totally sucks in the real RPGs. :(

Speaking of which, what the honey mustard is even the point of Twister in the first place? Even in the SP mode the only thing that Twister works well against are Dragons, and by the time you meet any Dragons in the first place you should have attacks that would blow away Twister in terms of effectiveness, STAB and Super Effective multiplier or no.

It's like they threw it in just to say they had a new offensive Dragon move.

webrunner

Serebii is also someone people beleive.. he's not giving out any info, except debunking rosters that have Mewtwo in it. He runs a big Pokemon fansite, and leaked a lot of info about Diamond and Pearl before it's release.. and got in trouble for it. This time he's playing his cards close to his chest.

HotByCold

Banned
webrunner said:
Serebii is also someone people beleive.. he's not giving out any info, except debunking rosters that have Mewtwo in it. He runs a big Pokemon fansite, and leaked a lot of info about Diamond and Pearl before it's release.. and got in trouble for it. This time he's playing his cards close to his chest.
OR he's just messing with our minds.

"Serebii" is a chump who runs a Pokemon fansite

This entitles him the right to act like he's above everyone else, and treat everyone that doesn't kiss his ass like shit.

webrunner said:
Serebii frequently makes things up and steals information from other people. If there's anyone you should absolutely never trust, it's him.

Iam Canadian

For my part, I'm not believing any leakers. Not Serebii, not MarkMan, not the Dragoon guy, not anyone.

I'll just wait for the Japanese version to hit and for TreIII to unlock everything in a caffeine-fuelled frenzy.

Jiggy37 said:
Sir Kibble vs. Waddle Doo vs. Gim vs. Simirror, go!

Gim wins. Totally.

TAC vs. Blade Knight vs. Wheelie vs. Burnin' Leo, go!

Jiggy

Pureauthor said:
Speaking of which, what the honey mustard is even the point of Twister in the first place?
I don't know.
But I do know I like this phrase and wish I'd come up with it. :eek: I just say "what the butternut" because it rhymes, but seeing as I don't like butternut squash and do like honey mustard, yours is better by default.

Iam Canadian said:
Wheelie's screwed against the hitbox range of Blade Knight and the projectiles of Burnin' Leo. TAC will dominate since the only way Leo's flame breath can beat him is if he stands still and extends it, which would put him at a disadvantage.

Iam Canadian said:
For my part, I'm not believing any leakers. Not Serebii, not MarkMan, not the Dragoon guy, not anyone.

I'll just wait for the Japanese version to hit and for TreIII to unlock everything in a caffeine-fuelled frenzy.

Gim wins. Totally.

Wheelie, if only because he was practically a main character in Revenge of Meta Knight :D

Jiggy

Yeah, a certain game that was powered up and had all the bosses playable proved that its series could have worked pretty well in that kind of setting.

I'd also like to see a Pokemon Smash Bros. Always kills me how in the show every single creature is totally awesome and can do a zillion awesome moves utilizing the battlefield, and meanwhile in the RPGs 340+ Pokemon utterly suck and the battlefield has no relevance. Not that I want a main series shift to real-time battles, but it'd be nice to see a spinoff.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, a certain game that was powered up and had all the bosses playable proved that its series could have worked pretty well in that kind of setting.

I'd also like to see a Pokemon Smash Bros. Always kills me how in the show every single creature is totally awesome and can do a zillion awesome moves utilizing the battlefield, and meanwhile in the RPGs 340+ Pokemon utterly suck and the battlefield has no relevance. Not that I want a main series shift to real-time battles, but it'd be nice to see a spinoff.

dpmfa012.png

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:

This reasoning is why I want to see a Pokemon TRPG someday.

Also, Gim and Blade Knight respectively.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
FOR THIS WEEK I AM PREDICTING:

* 1 Character update (returning character)
* 1 Subspace update w/video cutscene
* 1 Music update coupled with..
* ..1 Stage update
* 1 Final Smash update
* 1 Game Mode update detailing different pieces and options for the stage builder

Iam Canadian

A bit optimistic, eh?

That would definitely be a nice week and cover all the bases, so to speak. However, I doubt we'll get all of that.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Iam Canadian said:
A bit optimistic, eh?

That would definitely be a nice week and cover all the bases, so to speak. However, I doubt we'll get all of that.
neogaf1.gif

edit: PAGE 555 GOLDEN MANBABIES TO YOU GOOD SIR

TreIII

Iam Canadian said:

XD

But seriously, I think I'll get my best work done when I bring my game and Wii around to Campus, for my pals and I to play. Between having more slaves...err..."friends" to do some of my dirty work for me, as well as having more fodder for possibly "match counts", I should expect to get everything roster related unlocked within a week of having the game, ideally.

*looks at this day, Sunday the 20th, with contempt*

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE TO FILL MY DARK SOUL WITH SMAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!! :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I think one of this week's updates will be a "choose your own update", where you have your own bunch of fridge magnet words to put together a Sakurai-inspired addition to the game, whatever you like (or can word together), be it more female fighters, your stupid create-a-character addition, or whatever vague characters Pureauthor had been hoping for.

Then I could have that Mr. Nutz 3rd party playable character announcement I'd always been dreaming for!

Jiggy

If there's no create-a-character, at least there'll be something to hope for in Super Smash Bros. 4.
When it's released in 2017.

Edit: Actually, Nintendo should just take the Brawl engine, create various basic character models, clothing models, etc. and release some kind of spinoff where there is no default roster and you just make your own with what's provided. It's not like being forced to make your own character hasn't worked for such titles as The Sims, World of Warcraft, any number of dungeon crawlers, Drawn to Life, etc.

webrunner

Pureauthor said:
I was going to post "I wish they made a Super Smash Bros.-esque game for-" and then I remembered I can't post it here.

Argh.

Wasn't one of his incarnations playable in that sub-par Onimusha smash clone?

JCX

ggnoobIGN said:
Hi, I've been gone for two days. Any big news drop? What am I hearing about 48 playable characters? And who is Sumabura X?

the word now is 35 characters, 41 stages

I'm hoping for a marth confirmation this week.

coreycubed

Neo Member
ggnoobIGN said:
What I want to know is what is that scan I'm seeing on smashboards? Something about 48 characters and one named Sumabura X? Where is this scan from and is it real?

If you know what's good for you, you'll turn tail from Smashboards and BrawlCentral. The truth is only spoken here. :D There's no confirmation of 48 characters, and Sumabura X is the name of the game in Japanese (Dairanto Sumasshu Burazazu X). The rumors must be squashed!

In other news, that piece of paper that looks like it was typed in word, seems to be a copy of the text from the latest Famitsu, issue 998, which had the 40/40 score. I've seen the page in question, and it doesn't deconfirm Ness, Marth or Roy.

In other other news, I've been tracking this thread for about 100 pages, and have to say that it's got the best poster to idiot poster ratio out of anywhere else I've been. Here's hoping that my posting here doesn't throw that off :lol

In other other other news, after tracking this thread for about 100 pages, the only universal truth I've been able to glean is this:

35ivxc3.jpg

coreycubed, you may want to change your avatar. It's over the limit. (Too long.)

For tonight, I'm predicting Captain Falcon. It's got to happen sometime.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm guessing race to the finish and F-Zero music tonight, just to keep everyone in suspense over the fate of Captain Falcon.

I'm taking back my stage prediction and changing it to Playable Character: Gim, 'cause that would be awesome.

Seriously, how badass would it be, if the KSS remake for DS had a VS. style mode over wifi with all of the helpers as selectable characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom