• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I guess you guys are right, it reminds me of playing Unreal Tournament. I find that playing duels with no items or vehicles just brings out a higher level of play. I mean still play standard DMs most of the time because more people want to play at once, but I feel that the politics of DM limit the skill required and dampen the possible mindgames. My skill went up very quickly after I started playing competitively. I don't think casual players really understand how much more quickly you learn and how many things open up when you let go of DM and try a truly high level of play. DM's are still ok I guess, but I tend to get bored if I stick with them for too long. My friends aren't into UT as much anymore, but I wish they'd try out competitive playing because it's what brought me back into the game. I didn't know probably 99% of what I do now when I played casually.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Well, we can always go back to whether this game has a dating sim in it.

Krystal and Sonic and Fox and Yoshi and DK and Diddy and Dedede dating sim, rawr.

Crushed said:
Well, we can always go back to whether this game has a dating sim in it.

Krystal and Sonic and Fox and Yoshi and DK and Diddy and Dedede dating sim, rawr.

The horror... The horror.

I wonder what the unlockable would be?

Firestorm

Dice said:
I guess you guys are right, it reminds me of playing Unreal Tournament. I find that playing duels with no items or vehicles just brings out a higher level of play. I mean still play standard DMs most of the time because more people want to play at once, but I feel that the politics of DM limit the skill required and dampen the possible mindgames. My skill went up very quickly after I started playing competitively. I don't think casual players really understand how much more quickly you learn and how many things open up when you let go of DM and try a truly high level of play. DM's are still ok I guess, but I tend to get bored if I stick with them for too long. My friends aren't into UT as much anymore, but I wish they'd try out competitive playing because it's what brought me back into the game. I didn't know probably 99% of what I do now when I played casually.

Since I'm scared of the other "discussion", I'm going to reply and say that yes this is exactly what I meant.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
newagepopcorn.gif

I was just wondering, what is the reasoning behind Lucario being on a lot of lists for expected/predicted characters? I know there was an animated movie starring him and what have you and that he seems like he could fit well into the game mechanics. Is there any other reason(s)?

Fireblend

Banned
Halycon said:
:lol And this is what happens when smash fans have nothing to do. A tournament discussion appears, everyone ends up with stupid, flawed arguments and suddenly we're making references to Death Note.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Scalpel Knight said:
I was just wondering, what is the reasoning behind Lucario being on a lot of lists for expected/predicted characters? I know there was an animated movie starring him and what have you and that he seems like he could fit well into the game mechanics. Is there any other reason(s)?

"Oh Lucario!" Snake purred, his cheeks clenching more than usual.

Scalpel Knight said:
He was on that list from the guy who revealed/guessed the Dragoon item.

You know, this thread is supposed to be about the dojo. Here's a hint. The last part is always in regard to the most recent update. To be more specific, this is about the fact that the SSE mode allows you to upgrade your stats a la an RPG.

Scribble said:
I bet this is fake:

A. No-one has actually seen the newspaper
B. This was supposedly yesterday's newspaper -- wouldn't the news have been reported MUCH earlier if that was the case?
C. The scan looks like it was typed out on Word and printed on A4. Look at all the WHITE SPACE
D. Isn't the text supposed to be vertical?
QFT

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
...what the fuck? I come back from a night out in London to this? I thought we were talking about that booklet a while back.

You should all be ASHAMED of yourselves. ASHAMED!

...Ashamed.

SovanJedi said:
...what the fuck? I come back from a night out in London to this? I thought we were talking about that booklet a while back.

...Ashamed.

We are. We are.

SovanJedi said:

...Ashamed.

It puts the lotion on the skin...

Jiggy

Cowie said:
Jiggy, do you have any stats on what percentage of this thread is sucked up by us arguing about this shit?
There are some things even I dare not track, because learning the truth would unravel the fabric of my brain and perhaps of all space-time. :(

Crushed

Fry Daddy
SovanJedi said:

...Ashamed.

"Oh SovanJedi!" purred Knuckle Joe.

Jiggy

Calling the statistics page for Monday. Not sarcastically, either; game modes are really the only update type that Monday has stood out in.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Keru_Shiri said:
So, moving on, I think Monday we'll be getting a new stage.

It would seem that we're due for one. However, it seems that stage updates have gotten far less frequent since the first delay. I also find it curious that some franchises have 2+ stage updates while others haven't even gotten one yet...

*Strokes chin thoughtfully*

Chumly said:
Where was that list again? I cant seem to find it.
On Halloween 2007, a post was made by ChaosZero, describing the Dragoon parts in amazing detail. The funny thing is that the Dragoon Parts were not so much as acknowledged by Sakurai until the 12/28 DOJO Update. Thus, ChaosZero became the first true "prophet" that people stand to believe.

-Character: Sheik (Interview w/ Eiji Aonuma; reason for why Zelda's special moves have not been mentioned on DOJO or CoroCoro cards; Disagrees with Vatro Xu)
-Character: Lucario (Many prophets have said this, including Vatro Xu)
-Character: Ness (Vatro Xu disagrees)
-Character: Wolf O' Donnel (Agrees with ChaoticImplosion & Vatro Xu)
-Character: Falco Lombardi (Disagrees with ChaoticImplosion)
-Character: Ganondorf (See almightgoat for more details)
-Character: Captain Falcon (Agrees with Vatro Xu)
-Subspace Emissary Detail: Mewtwo (implied, if Mewtwo is not returning)
-Stage: Final Destination (Many prophets have said this)
-Item: Dragoon (10/30/2007) (Dragoon Parts update occurred 12/28/2007...

Chumly

ShockingAlberto said:
On Halloween 2007, a post was made by ChaosZero, describing the Dragoon parts in amazing detail. The funny thing is that the Dragoon Parts were not so much as acknowledged by Sakurai until the 12/28 DOJO Update. Thus, ChaosZero became the first true "prophet" that people stand to believe.

-Character: Sheik (Interview w/ Eiji Aonuma; reason for why Zelda's special moves have not been mentioned on DOJO or CoroCoro cards; Disagrees with Vatro Xu)
-Character: Lucario (Many prophets have said this, including Vatro Xu)
-Character: Ness (Vatro Xu disagrees)
-Character: Wolf O' Donnel (Agrees with ChaoticImplosion & Vatro Xu)
-Character: Falco Lombardi (Disagrees with ChaoticImplosion)
-Character: Ganondorf (See almightgoat for more details)
-Character: Captain Falcon (Agrees with Vatro Xu)
-Subspace Emissary Detail: Mewtwo (implied, if Mewtwo is not returning)
-Stage: Final Destination (Many prophets have said this)
-Item: Dragoon (10/30/2007) (Dragoon Parts update occurred 12/28/2007...
Sorry I fail at life I glanced over it for some reason in the Prophets thread. I see it now ><

NickP786

Love the new update, should make playing on more difficult settings much more fun / interesting. I go back and forth on whether or not I'd like a multi player mode with that feature, but I think that'd be pretty cool too

Jiggy

I really should've known better than to follow that link just because Sciz said he should've known better than to follow that link. D: I bailed out after like eight pictures, and now even the fly larva crawling on the handle of the kitchen sink frightens me. No, really. There was some kind of small fly crawling around and I just about jumped. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom