• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4/Xbox One Sunday Retail Stock Check: December 15-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobellis

Probably a return from a re-seller
/scalper

The sudden influx of anecdotal WiiU sell outs warms my cockles. Even if I think the stores had 2 or 3 in stock sitting for months. They need homes.

I've been seeing more Wii U commercials on TV than those for PS4/XB1, if that helps.

Cornbread78

Probably a return from a re-seller
/scalper

The sudden influx of anecdotal WiiU sell outs warms my cockles. Even if I think the stores had 2 or 3 in stock sitting for months. They need homes.

Sold 10 in about 48 hours, so that's something..

All vita's sold out too...

Florence KY walmart

6 PS4

2 green box Xbox One

0 Xbone Day One

Just now...

Same time yesterday they had 0/6/1

Work in the Optical dept. at a Sams Club Florence, KY. I can access the inventory. We opened at 10 with 30 X1s and 24 PS4 bundles with extra controller and KZ for 499.99.

4 hours into the day we have 5 PS4s sold and 1 X1.

Square2015

Sony seems to like to ship big the week before christmas. Remember with the PS2 in 2000, it's sold next to nothing thanksgiving week and remained scare until that final week.

Here are Christmas week sales figures in 2000 (yes they were actually made public back then):

12/18-12/23:
PSone 292,000
PS2 188,000
N64 181,000
DC 180,000

USA of course

Possibly 200k+ PS4s were just shipped this past week

Codeblew

WalMart in Ooltewah, Tennessee (Just outside Chattanooga) had six Playstation 4's on the shelf along with 4 Xbox One's. The store associate said they have moved a lot more Xbox One's this holiday but that is due to the PS4 just now being restocked.

Moved as in sold or moved as in taking them from the backroom and stacking them for display?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Had to pop out for Orange marmalade and saw four xbones on a shelf at Target. First time I've seen a box in the wild.

Left the Best Buy in Westminster CA around 10:45 this morning. 2 pallets worth of Xbones waiting to be bought. Saw the PS4 pallet on Sunday and huge line to buy. I can't wait to see the numbers after the holiday season.

Shady859

Work in the Optical dept. at a Sams Club Florence, KY. I can access the inventory. We opened at 10 with 30 X1s and 24 PS4 bundles with extra controller and KZ for 499.99.

4 hours into the day we have 5 PS4s sold and 1 X1.

Small world! Thanks for the info hopefully everyone gets one who wants one!

in durham region, ontario i haven't seen a single ps4 or xbone in the wild at any major electronics shop, or wal mart, target, etc...

ps3s and wiius are sold out everywhere as well. a few 360s on the shelves but that's all ive seen

Just popped back to Wausau, Wisconsin. (The last bastion of civilization before many hours worth of trees and the Canadian border.) for a small town, there was a tidy little supply of consoles at the local target. Definitely some discrepancies though.

Wii U - About half appeared sold. Maybe 4 left in the display case. (Not bad considering this target does t even take the time to separate out the Wii and Wii U games.)

Xbox - Only about 2 360s left, but a case totally full of Xbox Ones. Maybe 6-8. (Couldn't see the back of the display, so it's give or take a row.) The Target also appeared to be selling them for $473, or some other weird minor sale price.

PS4 - One PS3 and a PS3 bundle I couldn't make out. Two PS4s in stock. The case was mostly empty.

I was surprised by the substantial supply, but I'm not sure of the video game demand in general around here.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
After two weeks of full xbone availability nationwide, I think it's time to stop saying "oh man MS is the master of supply chain!!" Yes the system is selling but if you honestly don't believe there is reduced demand you are deluding yourself.

I thnk it is fair to day that demand is slightly below MS supply now. But we don't know what that supply is yet, do we?

Assuming equal supply, Ps4 seems clearly more in demand at least

Went to a Sony Store today, no PS4's in stock.

Also went to two gamestops. Big flyers saying XB1 in stock, PS4 out of stock. Only console I saw being sold was a Wii U.

I was at Best Buy last night where they had at least 10 Xbones. There was even a Day One edition. Lol

I found 2 at Walmart yesterday. South Visalia, CA store, probably gone by now.
xLiiasm.jpg

coldfoot

Banned
If you can find a day one edition xbone on the shelf ,I will pay you $1200 bucks for it.

I found 2 at Walmart yesterday. South Visalia, CA store, probably gone by now.
xLiiasm.jpg

I was at Best Buy last night where they had at least 10 Xbones. There was even a Day One edition. Lol

I saw this at Hastings in Ft Smith, AR.

oWOHSLD.jpg

Is that a Day One Edition???

Jack Tretton could afford to give so much money, how about you Polo67?

I thnk it is fair to day that demand is slightly below MS supply now. But we don't know what that supply is yet, do we?

Assuming equal supply, Ps4 seems clearly more in demand at least

Supply is through the roof by me, and my stores one of the top in the district in decently sized market. I assume shipping/restock #'s are about the same across all Best Buys.

We received 55 more Xbones today on our truck, while we still have about 20-30 from our big shipment 2 weeks ago. On Christmas Eve. No idea why. We were shocked when we pulled out an entire pallet worth of them & assumed there where some PS4's as well. None.

We're set to receive our 2nd truck Friday so I'll post then w/ PS4 numbers if we get any but as of now nothing.

mr2t

Banned
Went to Best Buy a couple hours ago and they had a big cage with 11 Xbox ones right in your face when you walk in. Same number when I left.

I saw one PS4 and it was sitting on the floor at the front door near loss prevention waiting for someone to grab it and run.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm so confused. We sold like 6 or 7 Wii Us today. We sold 2 Xbox Ones (and had 1 other one returned)

Everything I know is a lie.

So XBones are literally piling up at your store.

Definitely doing so at my Gamestop. We have so many its not funny, and we have far more than is appropriate for the pace they're selling at. Its actually kind of annoying because they're taking so much space in our small back room.

Went to 3 stores yesterday and wii u was sold out at all of them. Walmart had 1 ps4, but every store had xbox ones. I honestly think 400$ is the max a new console should launch at. Microsoft should have taken the loss and launched at 400$.

Tsundere

Banned
PS4 selling too fast is a weakness, not balanced.

How frequent are actual PS4 shipments? And how large are they?

My gf's Best Buy had 84 PS4s on Sunday, 4 left as of today.

GAF also did some tracking on Amazon.com the other day and 4 different SKUs for PS4 sold out while the lone Xbox One SKU didn't during that time frame.\

So they aren't necessarily shipping small amounts, but what's certain is that they sell pretty quickly.

Went to 3 stores yesterday and wii u was sold out at all of them. Walmart had 1 ps4, but every store had xbox ones. I honestly think 400$ is the max a new console should launch at. Microsoft should have taken the loss and launched at 400$.

Agreed. It seems 400 is the magic price point. Most of my friends are picking up ps4's.

Asherdude

I don't think that MS could afford to take a loss on it. Not with some board members and investors wanting to pull the plug on the Xbox Division.

LOCK

Walmart at 7pm Christmas Eve (store closed at 8):

1 PS4
1 Xbox One
2 Wii U
2 PS3
2 Xbox 360
3DS/2DS/Wii Sold Out

First time seeing a PS4 in the wild.

Walmart had 3 xbones on Christmas Eve at 5pm and 0 ps4s in Plano, TX. If you want one they are easy enough to find. Microsoft also has a huge display inside Stonebriar mall in Frisco and basically had about 15 of them stacked there ready to sell.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Finally seen my first of either system on the shelves. At a local Meijer they had 1 xbox one in display case...and 1-2 xbox one controllers.

Nothing for ps4 at all besides games.

EDIT: OverHeard some people discussing buying a Wii U, determining between regular/deluxe.

I'm so confused. We sold like 6 or 7 Wii Us today. We sold 2 Xbox Ones (and had 1 other one returned)

Everything I know is a lie.

Definitely doing so at my Gamestop. We have so many its not funny, and we have far more than is appropriate for the pace they're selling at. Its actually kind of annoying because they're taking so much space in our small back room.

Why in the world are you guys ordering so many Ones if they're not selling through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom