• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
yankeeforever2 said:
*Looks at last two pages*
I don't want to know what you guys are doing
Predict: ZSS final smash
They aren't going to waste an update on that I wouldn't think. They've already made mention of it on the Dojo to begin with first off. And it would just be too boring of one to waste an update on, especially this close to launch.

HURGHT

Fireblend said:
Also I'd love a final Master Hand + Crazy Hand + Ancient Minister final event :O

modea03_070821b-l.jpg

Willing to bet that the Ancient Ministers lack of arms (and consequently, hands) comes into play for a final boss battle.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think we're gonna get 3 days of solid updates, one of which being the intro movie. Perhaps the thursday update will be some sort of Easter egg, or introduction to secret characters.

Jiggy

sp0rsk said:
I think we're gonna get 3 days of solid updates, one of which being the intro movie. Perhaps the thursday update will be some sort of Easter egg, or introduction to secret characters.
I agree with all of this. Some of you people are being way too pessimistic IMO.

Linkhero1

sp0rsk said:
at least an update telling us the total number of items, AT, Characters, etc.

ggnoobIGN said:
They aren't going to waste an update on that I wouldn't think. They've already made mention of it on the Dojo to begin with first off. And it would just be too boring of one to waste an update on, especially this close to launch.
They wasted one on Zelda's final smash which we knew, hopefully ZSS part of a double update but since its the only final smash not on dojo as an update it will be one probably this week.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've heard people say the updates are planned months ahead of time, but was this ever confirmed?

If Japan didn't get that week delay I can just imagine what this week looked like before.

ggnoobIGN said:
We've gotten a couple of real duds in the past, so I wouldn't rule out ZSS final smash just yet. I hope you are right though, as I would love to see some awesome updates coming up to help build the hype.

Though I really don't think the hype needs any help.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
yankeeforever2 said:
They wasted one on Zelda's final smash which we knew, hopefully ZSS part of a double update but since its the only final smash not on dojo as an update it will be one probably this week.
I'm just saying it's already been on the Dojo.

Code:
Zero Suit Samus's Special Moves
Standard Special Move 	Paralyzer
Side Special Move 	Plasma Whip
Up Special Move 	Plasma Wire
Down Special Move 	Flip Jump
Final Smash 	Power Suit Samus

Just not in true update form.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Papercuts said:
I've heard people say the updates are planned months ahead of time, but was this ever confirmed?

If Japan didn't get that week delay I can just imagine what this week looked like before.
There was a guy on this forum I believe who said he had a friend work as the translator, and he did them all months ago.

Wasn't Olimar's FS listed before the actual update? I remember people commenting on the "end of day" line.

Also: damnit Dojo thread, I need to be doing homework, not refreshing you. :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The guy who does the translations confirmed it at that conference before E for All; the updates are done weeks in advance. Launch day in particular is probably going to be something good. I do wonder what they'll post for this one month in between the US and JPN launch. I mean, you could take a break and fill in the content later, or you could go ahead with the then almost pointless spoilers. Either way the dojo conversation won't be the same unless something goofy happens like announcing downloadable content the day before the US launch.

Fireblend

Banned
Keru_Shiri said:
Wasn't Olimar's FS listed before the actual update? I remember people commenting on the "end of day" line.

Also: damnit Dojo thread, I need to be doing homework, not refreshing you. :(

Gladly my semester's starting on Feb 4th, just in time for my hype to go down after having most of my doubts about the game solved and at the same time perfect to keep me occupied until release. What I'll do about university after the game's out is an entirely different matter tho :lol

ggnoobIGN said:
I'm just saying it's already been on the Dojo.

Code:
Zero Suit Samus's Special Moves
Standard Special Move 	Paralyzer
Side Special Move 	Plasma Whip
Up Special Move 	Plasma Wire
Down Special Move 	Flip Jump
Final Smash 	Power Suit Samus

Just not in true update form.
Well thats why I brought up the Zelda update, it got its own FS update after the lists where posted, same with Oilmar, it just would seem odd that he wouldn't update ZSS FS while the rest have had a true update. Hopefully he just sticks it with a good update and make it a double update.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
sp0rsk said:
I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get to 60,000 before thursday though.

Eh, it would only take one amazing update to get a few thousand hits. A Euro launch date of Christmas might bring in enough complainers to do it also.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get to 60,000 before thursday though.

Well, if you tally up all the other Smash threads that have existed currently, in the past (EGM 06 reveal!) and stand to be in the future, the culmination definitely stands to be beyond the realm of 100,000 posts, at the least.

This thread alone probably contributed over 75% to that singular milestone. :lol

*glares at Play-asia*

SHIP IT ALREADY, DAMN YOU!!!

Fireblend said:
Gladly my semester's starting on Feb 4th, just in time for my hype to go down after having most of my doubts about the game solved and at the same time perfect to keep me occupied until release. What I'll do about university after the game's out is an entirely different matter tho :lol
No joke. I actually cleared the Monday after the U.S. release date with my professors so I could play the heck out of it. Perhaps the one advantage of being an art student is the leniency on attendance.

sp0rsk said:
We'd need around 1.5 posts a minute to get to 60,000 by Thursday 0:00

Whoa. I don't think that even we are that insane. I mean, we're close, but not to that level. Who knows, though a couple megatons and a few fights might get us close.

sp0rsk said:
Need Input
Syntax Error
Does not Compute

Ah ha! That explains everything. Curse you, Jiggy. We will not fall to your tyrannical stats.

Man, I really want to know what stage Sakurai put in Brawl for Sonic. Maybe we can get that this week.

Fireblend said:

Ugh, tell me about it : a few hours ago, before going to bed, I decide to pop in Melee after not playing it for almost two years... Tragic mistake : I end up playing it all night long...
So now here I am, sleepy, having to go working in a few hours, when all I want to do is play more Smash Bros :( .
On top of that, given that I was "just" really excited for Brawl before this night, now that I remember how addictive just really freaking good this franchise is, I am now really really really really REALLY excited for Brawl.
And now instead of working properly, all I'll be able to do is play more Melee to console myself that they still haven't announced a European release date...
Stupid sexy game :( .

coreycubed

Neo Member
sp0rsk said:
Need Input
Syntax Error
Does not Compute

Code:
10 print "I AM BENDER"

20 print "PLEASE INSERT GIRDER"

30 rem BENDING SUBROUTINE

40 input x, "WHAT ANGLE DO YOU WISH TO BEND GIRDER"

50 bend (Girder, x)

60 iexplore (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=9502752)

70 post (gen_brawl_hype_post(rnd))

80 submit

90 goto 10

Kandinsky

Im going to make a double prediction, Iwata will ask Sakurai about the music tonight and we will get an orchestrated sample, the same one that will be on the dojo :p

scottnak

I actually go out for once, and some major carnage left in my wake!

Anywhoo, happily checked my midterm schedule, Brawl Launch week is completely open! Happy happy! And for tonight... I predict a movie + SSE info!

ggnoobIGN said:
Anyone know if Gamestop will do a midnight launch or whatever? I want this game the second it hits stores.
The one in my area is. Halo 3 launch had free pizza and sodas, so I expect no less for smash!

I don't know about tonight, but I wonder if/predict that there'll be a mode or option to make all stages tournament-friendly, taking out the random or external K.O. factors. It would be more about the theme and platform layout at that point. No laser on the Halberd, no lava waves in Norfair, no cars zooming by in Onett, etc. Moving stages such as Delfino Plaza would still move, because it's cyclical and predictable. The only thing I'd question in that regard is the Fire Emblem stage, because the transitions are slightly awkward (and I think randomly timed?), that could frustrate tournament players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom