• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manabanana said:
I think you guys missed something more obvious...

"Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles."
I caught that as well. I was just worried about violating any spoiler rules.

Ydahs

Vault!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various24.html
various24_080128j-l.jpg

various24_080128k-l.jpg

Those levels look awesome.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ladder and stair levels of doom :lol

MORE THAN THREE STAGE BUILDER BACKGROUNDS CONFIRMED

Yeyeyeyy!

The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one.

various24_080128a-l.jpg

Here’s the top menu.

Let’s do a rough overview of the mode known as the Vault.

The Vault is where items you’ve collected or created in Brawl are stored. Objects you’ve received as rewards or downloaded usually appear here.

various24_080128b-l.jpg

This is the Vault menu!

Trophies & Stickers

various24_080128c-l.jpg

●Trophy Gallery

various24_080128d-l.jpg

Browse your collection of trophies here.

●Trophy Hoard

various24_080128e-l.jpg

Line up your trophies and take photos of them.

●Sticker Album

various24_080128f-l.jpg

View all of your stickers laid out neatly in an album.

●Sticker Center

various24_080128g-l.jpg

Enjoy arranging your stickers.

●Coin Launcher

various24_080128h-l.jpg

Fire off volleys of coins to snag new trophies and stickers!

Stage Builder

various24_080128i-l.jpg

You can create all sorts of stages here. Go here for more details.

various24_080128j-l.jpg

Build stages like this one!

various24_080128k-l.jpg

And this one!

various24_080128l-l.jpg

If you connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you might find something new waiting for you here.

Album

various24_080128m-l.jpg

Check out your best snapshots here. Go to this link for more details.

various24_080128n-l.jpg

All the shots you take can be found in the Album!

various24_080128o-l.jpg

It looks like you might have a new snapshot waiting as well.

Challenges

various24_080128p-l.jpg

Once you’ve received a reward for completing a challenge, check here to see what you need to do to complete other challenges. Find more information here.

Replays

various24_080128q-l.jpg

Save up to 3 minutes of game play per replay.

Of course, you can record your brawls...

various24_080128r-l.jpg

And your Home-Run Contests!

various24_080128s-l.jpg

And your runs in Target Smash!!

various24_080128t-l.jpg

And your exploits in Multi-Man Brawl!

The power to record and send out brawl replays is in your hands. You can even zoom in for a close-up on individual characters while viewing replays.

Masterpieces

various24_080128u-l.jpg

Savor the "authentic" battles past for many famous characters through Virtual Console trial versions! Find out more here.

Chronicle

various24_080128v-l.jpg

This bonus feature lets you peruse Nintendo’s library of past titles. Missing titles in your Chronicle will gradually fill in as you obtain stickers and other things related to those games. (However, there are some titles that will not be displayed until the very end.)

Mm hmm... ...This is just nuts.

How on earth did we squeeze all these modes in here? I’ve clearly gone overboard with Brawl.

But still, it’s not like I want everyone to play through every single portion of the game. I think I’d rather you played small portions of the areas you find interesting a little at a time.

Whether you choose to go solo or play with friends, you’re covered, because Brawl is about playing the way you want to play.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Once again, a great quote from Sakurai.

Sakurai said:
Mm hmm... ...This is just nuts.

How on earth did we squeeze all these modes in here? I’ve clearly gone overboard with Brawl.

I wish every developer went overboard with their games.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
"The power to record and send out brawl replays is in your hands. You can even zoom in for a close-up on individual characters while viewing replays."

Sweet! :O

Jiggy, have we ever had 3 game mode updates in a row before?

Also: Looks like people worried about how robust the stage builder is are finally happy.

Furthermore: Snitch may just get his thousand demos afterall. :D

Hero

Iam Canadian said:
Interesting. I wonder which titles these are and why they're not displayed until the end.

Sakurai probably put recent/immediate future stuff in Brawl as well. Like Wii Fit, for outside of Japan. Hopefully Pikmin 3 and Mother 3 as well!

Iam Canadian

Sakurai said:
The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one.

This quote makes me think that this is what we're going to get this week: overviews of each subsection of the main menu, a day at a time.

Awesome, awesome update.

The Ice Climber demo at :40 sounds about right, that's about all it'd take to get a feel for it. I wonder if that'll be an average time of most of 'em, or if there will be some that go over a minute or two.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The greatest thing about this update is that this is just extra shit, its not even part of the main game, its all gravy. And that Chronicle really intrigues me. March 9th cannot come soon enough.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, I'm sure I missed something here -- I thought someone saw a Joy Mecha thing -and- a Sherriff thing.

Chronicle mode makes me fairly sure that EVERY game/series will have an entry now.

--------------------------

Update 9 - Nintendo titles/series not present in Brawl

(Bold indicates the series/title was present in Melee.)

1080° Snowboarding
Alleyway
Animal Leader / Cubivore
Arm Wrestling (arcade)
Battleclash
Card Hero
Custom Robo
Doshin the Giant
Duck Hunt
Eternal Darkness (the ip belongs to Nintendo, I believe)
F-1 Race
Game & Watch
Golden Sun
Gumshoe
Hajimari no Mori
Happy Panechu!
HeliFire
Hogan's Alley
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mecha Fight
Kaeru no Tameni Kanha Naru (the guy that turns into a frog -- cameo in Link's Awakening)
Kururin
Magical Vacation
Marvellous
Nazo no Murasamejou
Picross
Polarium
Radar Mission
RadarScope
Sennen Kazoku
Sherriff
Shin Oni Ga Shima (New Ogre/Demon Island)
Short Order & Eggsplode
Sky Skipper
Solar Striker
Space Fever
Space Firebird / Space Demon
Space Launcher
Star Tropics
Stunt Race FX
Sutte Hakkun
Tantei Club
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
To The Earth
Tomato Adventure
Trace Memory
Urban Champion
Wave Race
Wii Sports / Play
Yakuman (Mahjong)
Yuu Yuu Ki

SOME of the generic sports titles

Stuff formerly/incorrectly on this list:

Excite Truck -- trophy
Kung Fu -- Chronicle listing
Mach Rider -- Chronicle
Pinball -- Chronicle
Super Princess Peach -- Parry sticker
Tennis -- Chronicle

defferoo

if you compare the USA and japan versions of the updates, you can see that Fire Emblem on the Japanese version takes the place of Super Metroid in the USA version. that pretty much confirms that we won't be seeing any games in Masterpieces that weren't released in the west.

Iam Canadian

Toy Soldier said:
Awesome, awesome update.

The Ice Climber demo at :40 sounds about right, that's about all it'd take to get a feel for it. I wonder if that'll be an average time of most of 'em, or if there will be some that go over a minute or two.

I doubt it. Ice Climber is simple enough that forty seconds is sufficient enough to not only grasp the game, but also develop the appropriate loathing for it. Forty seconds isn't going to get you squat in a demo for a more complex game like Mother 2. I think it will depend on the game and the time will likely vary wildly.

I'd say five minutes tops, though.

Hero said:
Sakurai probably put recent/immediate future stuff in Brawl as well. Like Wii Fit, for outside of Japan. Hopefully Pikmin 3 and Mother 3 as well!

Yeah, that would be sweet. Super Smash Bros. Melee had some upcoming titles trophy too. The only ones I can recall are Alpha (Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest) and Love Giant and Hate Giant (Doushin the Giant) though. I don't remember if the Animal Crossing characters had an upcoming label or not.

Sakurai said:
But still, it’s not like I want everyone to play through every single portion of the game. I think I’d rather you played small portions of the areas you find interesting a little at a time.
Sorry Sakurai, I'm gonna ware this sucker out.

NewLib

Banned
This bonus feature lets you peruse Nintendo’s library of past titles. Missing titles in your Chronicle will gradually fill in as you obtain stickers and other things related to those games. (However, there are some titles that will not be displayed until the very end.)

I wonder if they will have future titles like SSBM did?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
WTF how do you guys have English translations already? Both the US and UK sites are still on Masterpieces for me. The only one that's updated is the stupid German one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom